Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Fourteen ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"I never though that I would lose my mind
That I could control this
Never thought that I'd be left behind
That I was stronger than you"
-Don't Wanna Lose You Now, Backstreet Boys

Chapter 14

Yukina

My oniisan is dead! I can't believe it. I thought he was dead before, but that was when he wanted to die, and I knew that it was going to happen. But this was just...sudden...

Kurama-san is upset. More upset even than me. His eyes are swollen and red-rimmed from crying, and I know that mine aren't much better.

I felt him die. I had been running to him because I felt him get hurt. Yuusuke-san and Kazuma-san met me partway there and explained to me what had happened while we were running. Hiei-san had taken a blow meant for Kurama-san. We were almost there when I felt him dying, and I ran faster. But, when I got there, I couldn't help him. He was already dead.

Poor Kurama-san. He really misses Hiei. But he seems to have accepted his death. He told me earlier that he knows where he wants Hiei-san to be buried. I think that he should be able to pick the spot. He knew my oniisan better than even myself, so he would know where Hiei-san would want to be buried.

Kurama-san says that it is on a small hill beside a lake, where him and Hiei-san used to go to watch the sun rise and set. He was smiling slightly as he told me. I'm glad that he has so many good memories of my oniisan. I have very few. I haven't known him very long, and haven't spent much time with him...

My oniisan always avoided me, so I wouldn't find out who he was. I figured it out anyway after a while, but I haven't really gotten to know him. He was afraid to let anyone get too close. Except Kurama-san. I wish that he had let me get closer to him. I feel like I didn't really know him. And he was my own brother.

I cry, and I can't stop. I hate myself for not being faster, for not getting to him in time. I hate him for dying...No...I can't hate him...I love him too much. I just wish he hadn't died. Like Hiei-san blamed himself for Kurama-san's death, Kurama-san and I are blaming ourselves for his.

But I know that he chose to die, rather than be forced to watch Kurama-san die again. Even though Kurama-san didn't really die before, Hiei-san didn't know that he was still alive, and he mourned. He didn't want to go through that again.

Hiei-san was Kurama-san's lover. I've known that for quite a while. Nobody thinks that I understand things like that, but I do. I've been around humans enough to understand things of that nature. I'm very glad that my oniisan had someone to love him during his life. And I'm glad that it was someone as kind as Kurama-san.

I've accepted Hiei-san's death, but, like Kurama-san, I can't stop crying. I can't help but cry, as I regret the circumstances of my oniisan's death. Eventually, I cry myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thayet-chan says I write the twins so well. By the way, I realized after I wrote most of this that Yukina couldn't know about this, because, even if she figured it out, Hiei couldn't confirm it. It would be against the promise he made to the youko who gave him the Jagan. (Oops...spoiler...)