Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kesu ❯ Chapter Sixteen ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Kesu

A Yu Yu Hakusho/Eraser crossover

By Rose Thorne

Disclaimer: I mean no infringements on any copyrights that anyone owns on any of these characters. Please do not take this as such. The movie Eraser belongs to Warner Brothers, Arnold Kopelson, Charles Russell, and whoever else worked so diligently on this masterpiece. Yu Yu Hakusho belongs to Yoshihiro Tomogashi, Studio Perriot, and whoever else helped in the production of the manga Yu Yu Hakusho, and the television series and movies that were based on the manga. I'm not getting any money by writing this, so please don't sue me. I am merely writing this to entertain the fans of Eraser and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Authors note: If anyone has any questions/comments about this story, please e-mail me at: Rose_Thorne@yyhmail.com

"I want to stand with you on a mountain
I want to bathe with you in the sea
I want to lay like this forever
Until the sky falls down on me"
-Truly Madly Deeply, Savage Garden

Chapter 16

Kurama

Hiei is coming back to life in a few hours. Apparently, Yukina had the same dream as I did. Otherwise, Yuusuke and the others wouldn't have believed me otherwise. They would have thought that I was crazy.

I can't wait for him to come back. I've missed him so much over the last few days. Yuusuke and Kuwabara are sort of disgusted that I'm going to kiss him. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Yukina is glad that he's coming back too. She's missed him almost as much as I have. After she had that dream, she told me that she feels bad for not getting to know her brother better. She said that she envies me for knowing Hiei so well. I need to talk to Hiei about that.

Finally, it's almost time. Yuusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko, Genkai, Shizuru, Yukina, and I gather in the room with Hiei's body. I look at my watch impatiently, then bend down and kiss my lover's body. Almost immediately, Hiei's body jerks. I quickly move away, as he coughs weakly, getting all the stale air out of his lungs. I hug him close. "Hiei..."

Yukina joins me, hugging her brother happily. "Oniisan!! I missed you so much!!"

"Hn..." is his only comment. I smile. I've missed him so much. I'm glad he's back.

I pull back and look at him. "You hungry?" He nods shortly. He's half-asleep. Genkai and Keiko bring in some food and he eats some of it, then falls asleep against me.

Everybody else leaves the room, leaving me and Yukina alone with Hiei. Yukina is smiling happily. "Kurama-san...What should we do now?"

I smile at her. "Come on," I say, and jump out the window with Hiei in my arms. She gives me a strange look but follows. I lead her to the lake where I wanted to bury Hiei.

Yukina gasps in awe when she sees it. "Oh, Kurama-san...It's beautiful..." I nod and climb the hill where Hiei and I always watch the sun rise and set. Yukina follows me. "This is where you wanted to bury him, wasn't it?"

I nod. "The sun should be setting pretty soon. Let's watch it..."

She agrees, and we sit down. I just hold Hiei close. He is sound asleep and shows no signs of waking. I'm not going to wake him.

Yukina and I sit in silence, watching the sunset. It's the most beautiful one I've ever seen, because Hiei and Yukina are both here with me...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wai!! It's the end!! Like? I think the last chapter's kind of corny, but I had to bring Hiei back. I couldn't leave him dead. Send me comments!!