Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Pain and love ❯ Pain and Love ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Alrighty, so this is a one shot with you a Kurama, anyways um… well just read it and tell me what you think ok? Roses r read, violets r blue, I no own, so u no sue.

~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose ~*~rose~*~

You were sitting at your computer checking your e-mails like always, it was your daily routine get up, check e-mail, play DDR, eat, then take a shower, the rest of the day you did this or that whatever needed to be done. This morning was no different, you had awoken early, no one was ever up this early on Saturdays, and you walked past the doors of the four boys that shared the upstairs of Genkai's temple with you. Genkai was currently helping you with your spirit energy, along with the occasional help from one of the boys, when they weren't on a mission for Koenma. You stayed here regularly, it was easier than coming back every weekend just got go back to your step parents, and boy was that a long story. But right now all of the Reikai Tantei, aka spirit detectives, were staying here so they would be easy to locate over the summer. Right across the hall from your room is Kurama's he didn't get up till before, during or after you played DDR, sometimes you would play each other. Next to Kurama's room is Hiei's, he's almost never there, but it's still deadly to try to enter without knocking. Next to your room is Yusuke's, he is the leader of the group, and the rash one, never thinking. Last was Kuwabara's room which is next to Yusuke's, this is who we would call the numbskull. Genkai's room was downstairs; you all lived together like family.

You had now finished receiving your e-mail and quickly filtered out all the junk, and opened all but one. You opened the e-mail you were so happy because it was from one of your best friends, who was still in Kyoto, she had been sent to a different High school. You kept in touch but hadn't seen each other for three mouths. But upon reading the mail tears came to your eyes, and rolled down your cheeks you couldn't stop them. You didn't even notice when someone walked in the computer room. Only when strong hands wrapped around you and hugged you gently did you come back to reality. You jumped slightly not use to being snuck up upon. You quickly wiped away the tears, but a few still rolled down your face. You didn't like anyone to see you crying, you didn't like the fact that someone could see you so venerable. But when you vision cleared you saw Kurama's deep forest green orbs fill with worry, looking at you.

"What's wrong?" He asked quietly.

"M…my friend was diagnosed with Hodgkin's." You stuttered.

"Cancer?" He more of stated.

You just nodded numbly.

"I'm sorry… do you know anything about it?" He asked.

This time you shook your head.

"Ok well let's look around alright?" He said calmly.

You nodded, and he picked you up then sat down and sat you on his lap. You two were always like this more than like siblings but less than boyfriend/girlfriend for lack of communication. For to everyone else it was obvious you like him and he liked you, but you were both to afraid to say anything.

After a few minuets of research you found out possibly everything you would ever need to know about Hodgkin's.

"Look it says it's 98 percent curable in the first and second stages, they found it in the second right?" Kurama pointed at the screen.

You nodded again this time it had sunk in, your best friend had cancer, but it was 98 percent curable, so she would be fine after she took the chemo. You smiled, and then hugged Kurama.

"Thank you." You held on to his thin white night shirt.

"You're welcome." He replied.

After a minuet you stood up, "I'll be right back, ok?"

"Sure." Kurama replied.

You walked quietly upstairs, to the bathroom. You looked at yourself in the mirror, to see your face, pale and tear stricken. Then you washed your face, and looked in the mirror again. `Better.' You thought to yourself. You were wearing a white spaghetti strap night shirt with a rose on the front and loose light green night pants. You walked silently back to the computer room deep in thought.

You walked in to see Kurama sitting at the comp; he had just cleared out his e-mail too.

"Hey, Kurama?" You started tentatively.

He stood up a walked over to you. "Yes?"

"I have a question…um…if you liked someone but never told them, then they got deathly ill, and they didn't know you liked them. Would you tell them how you felt?"

"Yes," He said it without hesitation. "I would tell them so I'd have no regrets, and not live forever wondering if they liked me at all back."

You smiled, "Thanks. In that case, I think you're right."

"Glad to help."

"Kurama, I… think I love you." You said looking at the ground afraid of his response.

Strong arms circled around you and pulled you into a hug.

"I love you to _____. I should have told you earlier." Kurama spoke.

You looked up at him to see if he was really telling the truth, he was you could tell by his eyes. He leaned in closer to you and kissed you lightly on the lips.

You smiled, "Kurama, can we go visit ____ in the hospital on Monday, its summer so just whenever but that's when she's starting her chemo."

"Of course, we'll go see her." He placed his forehead against yours, so you were looking into each others eyes. His deep pools of green made it almost impossible to look away again. You two kissed once more.

"I love you so much Kurama. Promise me something."

"Anything, my love."

"Stay with me."

"Into eternity." He answered.

~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose~*~rose ~*~rose~*~

Actually I'm not too sure I like how that turned out so much, but the last line is the same last line in `The Snow Queen ,' that was my first play and I scored the part as the Snow Queen. Anyways I love that line.

Hm…I think this if kinda for my friend….she was just diagnosed with Hodgkin's, that's how I know about it…it scared me to death, when I first found out I cried for 30 minuets. But she's had her first chemo therapy and the doctors say she is doing fantastic, and the cancerous bump is already getting smaller. I was so happy when I heard that, but she still has to get therapy for 6 months. That kinda made me think, if I loved someone and didn't tell them, and then found out that they could die without them knowing how I felt…would I tell them?

Kurama's white Rose