Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Rakuen A Romance For A Kitsune ❯ Tragedy ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer : I DO NOT own Yu Yu Hakusho and it's wonderful characters. They belong to their creator Yoshihiro Togashi, Shonen Jump, Funmation and Studio Parrot, and Shuiesha. And I DO NOT profit from this.



Author's notes: Yes I know a lot of you readers hate these with a passion, believe me I do to. I must warn you since I am new to
Yu Yu Hakusho I may get a few things wrong and some of the characters might be a little OOC. (Out Of Character)
I have done my best to do some research on Yu Yu Hakusho. I also warn you I'm not much of a writer, there will also be some violence and lime/lemon scenes, so this fic kinda borders on the R and NC 17 ratings. But I will try to do them in a tasteful manner. You have been WARNED!


And there will be one more note at the end of the story containing a list of terms and explanations.



And Oh yeah this fic will be 100% MARY SUE FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!










Rakuen
Chapter 1 : Tragedy


Amazing Grace
"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see.


Twas Grace that taught...
my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear...
the hour I first believed.


Through many dangers, toils and snares...
we have already come.
Twas Grace that brought us safe thus far...
and Grace will lead us home.


The Lord has promised good to me...
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be...
as long as life endures.


When we've been here a thousand years...
bright shining as the sun.
We've no less days to sing God's praise...
then when we've first begun.


Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me....
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now, I see."







In the realm of Reikai,in a warm almost picturesque scene, rays of the purest sunshine painted the skies a warm blue and the ground below a radiant green. Over head various ferry girls were herding souls waiting to be re born or to be punished for their miss deeds in life. In the middle of it all sat a certain blue haired girl taking a short break from her morning duties in the Elysian Fields by a patch of rose bushes and peonies.

"Fourteen years? Gee has it really been that long?
Fighting Youkai and protecting Ningens, most of witch will never know how much a chosen few have sacrificed for them."

"Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei, and of course HIM."

"A chance at a normal and happy life with loved ones, exchanged for the hazardous and often thankless job of being elite Spirit Detectives. Yep! That's a tall order."


"Oh well at least they're making the best of it.
Lets see Kurama made Valedictorian in high school then again in college. Well DUH!! Yusuke and Kuwabara, surprisingly they too graduated with honors. Heh how they pulled that off beats me! Bet that shocked the hell outta a lot of people. Hiei is still Hiei. Now they all run their own "Privet I" business in Tokyo called "Untouchable Inc.". The best one in town too! Well thanks to a silent partner code named K Jr."

"Yusuke got finally got the nerve to ask Keiko to marry him three months ago. Hmph! It's about damned time! And after Raizen died Yusuke reluctantly took over his territory, since he was the only hair. Yukina and Kuwabara are still dating. Oh Kami please don't let that baka screw up! Hiei will kill him. But I'm glad Hiei finally told us all the truth about him being her "long lost brother."


"But what about Kurama? Dose any one care for him? I mean besides his human mom and his step dad and step brother. I used to wonder about him and Hiei. For a while I kinda thought they "went that way" with each other. Oh sure Kurama has lots of ladies after him but he dosen't seem interested in any of them. Hiei on the other hand dosen't seem to like anyone except for his sister."

"I guess I can understand why though. From what I've found out they both had pretty painful pasts. Kurama has to be careful about revealing his true form. He finally told Shiori the truth last year and it hurt a lot. But thankfully they got through it.
And poor Hiei was out casted by his own people because of his heritage. Yeah he used to scare the shit outta me but now he's kinda ok, I guess."


The ferry girl's gaze fell upon the fragrant roses blooming beside her. She blinked and smiled.

*Sigh* "Some how no other roses seem to be as beautiful or smell as sweet as the ones Kurama pulls from his hair."


"Hmmmmmmmm Kurama. Would anyone else love you as you truly are and not for your good looks? What would happen if those ningen
girls ever found out that you really are a fox literally!?"


The petite deity smiled. "In a field of white and red roses, you my sweet reynard would out do them all. I admit, at first I didn't trust you because you were the most notorious criminal in Makai. But then I realized over time that you've changed."

*Flash Back*
1990 Night time, Yusuke's bed room"

Yusuke sat on his bed nursing a wound on his right arm.

"It's got to be a trick."

"Ouch"

"He's a CRIMINAL."

He looks as if he's contemplating something deep.

I just didn't understand then.

"I mean..."


"The full moon is in three days."

"That's when Kurama's Treasure the Mirror Of Darkness, is at it's most potent."

"Who ever looks in that mirror will see his or her deepest desire revealed. The mirror will then grant that desire, if something is offered in return, though we don't know what that is."

"I bet that's what Kurama aims to find out in the next three days!"

"Why did he come to me then? I'm in no shape to stop him."

"Ah good question."

"Talking to him...."

"WHAT?!"

*That shocked me.*

Yusuke looked up at me thoughtfully.

"....He's NOT all that evil."

"You can't MEAN that! His friend nearly KILLED you !!"

*I was in histerics.*

"Look I didn't tell you this before...."

".... But he and his "Friends" were not exactly getting along."

"Kurama wanted out of whatever pact they had."

"I didn't find out why."

"Something coulda happened to change his mind........ something
important."

"Maybe it's just me, but what I saw in his eyes made me believe him."

*At that point all I could do was blink and stare at the boy sitting in front of me, I was speechless.*

*End flash back*


"......... in his eyes...."

Botan was snapped out of her thoughts when George's voice boomed through the loud speaker system.

"Ahhhhhhh!!"

"Botan would you please report to Koenma's office immediately!"

"Arg! How embarrassing!"



*** Meanwhile in Ningenkai ***

In down town Tokyo in a seemly normal two story western style complex. In fact the entire building is very reminiscent to 1930's American "Gangster flicks". It was only seven am, the gang and staff had yet to arrive for work. The former tournament announcers Juri and Koto had been given jobs there. Juri is the receptionist in the main lobby and Koto is a security officer, naturally like all the Youkai who worked there they had taken on human disguises. Kuwabara's sister Shizuru got hired on as the resident physic since her "sixth sense" was pretty strong. But the deal was she had to quit smoking. Yukina joined as a secretary but her main job was making those priceless jewels from her tears to be used as bribes or to pay off informants. Oh and there are also a few Spirit Detective trainees working there too.

Kurama was giving his mom the grand tour of the company HQ. First floor contained a beautiful Art Deco style lobby with a "merry go round" door way, black marble floors, perl white walls, a high relief ceiling,lamps almost shaped like car head lights attached to the walls lighting the room while in the center stood a large white marble round fountain with a nude water nymph siting in the center pouring water from her pot, and above her hangs a large crystal chandelier, to the left two flower arrangements in large black and gold urns flank the blood red carpeted grand stair case with a gold banister. Their twins flank the large oak receptionist/security guard station to the right. But those wheren't just any old flower arrangements, those were "special" defenses crafted by a very clever fox. At the far end was a public elevator for disabled people. To the right of the elevator was the ladies' room and to the left was the men's room.


The second floor was also done in similar style with the main offices in front and a conference room for entertaining guests/clients and for briefing on "Top secret stuff" in the back. That particular room had a secret elevator disguised as an ordinary book shelf and only accessible with a DNA scan. But the manual over ride controls was disguised as the book "A Midsummer Night's Dream". Just around the corner were the rest rooms and the public elevator. Several large windows let natural light into the rooms. The Detectives each had their own private office with matching furniture and equipment but of course with some added personal items to show off each individual's personality. Yusuke had a green punching bag with some boxing gloves hanging on it in the right corner. Kuwabara had pictures of his cats on his desk. Hiei had his small collection of Katanas on a rack hanging on the wall behind his desk. Although his office went practically untouched since he "dosen't play well with others" and spends a lot of time in Makai. And well..... Kurama being Kurama had some plants in just about every nook n cranny.

But unknown to the general public down at ground level within metal plated sound proof walls there lies catacombs of rooms and corridors.The whole underground compound had a chilling and almost sterile atmosphere and if you listened carefully you can hear the electrical hum of the power surging through the whole place. There was a "Danger Room" like dojo accompanied by men and women's locker rooms. There are state of the art med, tech, crime, science and computer labs. For the prisoners awaiting sentencing they were accommodated in holding cells all equipped with a cot, a sink, a toilet and fortified with magic shields. A weapons bunker also fortified by magic shields, held armor and guns, ect. An interrogation room was used when the team needed to worm out info from a suspect. And naturally the was an elevator and rest rooms. But to top it all off, two port holes, one leading to Reikai and the other to Makai witch of course can only be accessed by a DNA scan. That was all left off the grand tour.

The building was protected by a combo of high tech gadgets and magic.

Wearing a stylish cranberry red two piece suite and matching shoes and with her hair bound in a bun Shiori sat in front of her son's desk looking at him in dis belief.

"My word! How did the four of you ever afford all this!?"


Clad in his true kitsune form and a black Armoni suit Kurama leaned back in his swivel chair, crossed his arms and smirked at his human mother.

"A *VERY* generous friend of ours."

She quirked her brow.

"Just how generous is this *friend*? And is he or she..... Um you know like you?"

His tail twitched slightly and his ears flipped back a little as he gave her a stern but apologetic look.

"Sorry mother that's classified."

At that Shiori frowned and her shoulders sank a little. Some where in the back of her mind she knew he still kept some things from her and it hurts but she understands that not every thing is ment to be revealed. So she decided to change the subject.

Sunlight streamed in from a nearby window and bathed the kitsune in it's rays. The black suite was a stark contrast to his silver hair, alabaster skin and gold eyes. At that very moment that's when she truly realized just how beautiful he is. She smiled, *He's so beautiful and yet so alone.* She thought sadly to herself.

She leaned in closer and on the desk with her left hand supporting her delicate face. A face that displayed a look of concern and curiosity.

"Tell me is there any one special in your life?"

At that Kurama blinked, his tail twitched again and his ears slightly perked up.

"Well........"

"Kurama dear even though you aren't really my son, I still worry about you and I don't want you to be alone for the rest of your life. I won't live as long as you, so I want some grand children soon!" She said with a slight mischievous grin.

Kurama un crossed his arms and reached out to stroke her cheek with a small smile.

"You will always be my mother, you taught me how to love, but as for kits...."

Shiori chuckled.

"Haha AWwwwwwww.... But you SHOULD!!! You'd make some very handsome sons and beautiful daughters. Beautiful hair and cute little ears..... *Sigh* You will give me grand kids with fox ears right? I WANT little fox ears got it?!" Shiori drifted off into typical grand mother day dream land with a smile plastered on her face and a gleam in her eyes.

The silver haired reynard could practically see what was playing in the woman's mind. A trip no wait an EXPODITION to the largest toy store in Tokyo, baking cookies and other sweets, knitting baby booties and "little ear warmers" and the list went on. *But perhaps she is right, maybe it's time I settle down and find a mate. But Kitsunes mate for life, I can not mate with a human for their life span is short and there are hardly any vixens left. Most of the ones around are either mated or too old. *Sigh* I would also need some one I can trust, some one who understands, some one as beautiful and sweet as my mother.*


Then almost as if some deity were answering his quarry, a light pink peony floated down and landed on his head.

"Hm?"

He gracefully removed the flower and gazed at it thoughtfully.
*A peony... symbolic of nobility, riches, love, and affection. A botan....* "Botan?" *Hmmmm why is that every time I see one of these flowers I think of her? I suppose she has grown on me over the years. Hmmmm blue hair and lavender eyes, quite lovely and unusual. Fire and sweetness, a stark contrast to what most believe in for angels of death. One would believe her to be a goddess of love,luck or happiness.*


Un aware of his human mother's observation, he didn't notice that she heard him mutter the ferry girl's name.

*Ah the pretty blue haired girl hunh?* She thought with a smile.


Still twirling the delicate flower in his hand, he smiled at his mother.

"Perhaps you are right mother."

Shiori's face lit up like a christmas tree.

She glanced at her watch and stood.

"Oh look at the time! I have get going before I'm late for work!"

Kurama stood up as well.

"Then I shall escort you."

But before Kurama could transform into "Shuichi" Shiori reached up and gave his fox ears a playful tweak.




*** Back In Reikai ***


The purple ogre politely ushered Botan in. He have her a firm but gentle squeeze on the shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered to her.

Botan gave George an odd look before she entered her boss' office.

"Koenma, you wished to see me sir?"

The bite sized god looked up from the piles of paper work on his desk to his top ferry girl.

"Ah yes, have a seat. There is an assignment I'd like you to handle personally."

Botan flashed him a smile.

"Oh anything for you sir!"

But that smile faltered as her boss gave her a solemn look that confused her. He shut his eyes and sighed as he handed her a folder. Still confused she silently took the folder and opened it. Her eyes scanned the document until she read a certain person's name.

*OH KAMI !!!!!!!!! PLEASE NO NO NO!!!!* Her mind screamed.

Shaking like a leaf she read the document over and over desperately hoping *NO* willing *THAT* name to be a mistake.
With tears streaming down her face she gathered up her courage, tucked the folder in her kimono and summoned her ore to set off for Ningenkai.


With a white knuckle grip on her ore she sailed the skies towards her grim destination. Usually this kinda thing was normal for her since it was her job but she never had to ferry somebody she knew. When Genkai died one of the other ferry girls picked her up. Poor Botan's heart was breaking but she knew why Koenma picked her for the job is because that certain soul would feel more at ease around her.



TO BE CONTINUED!