Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Sailor Carrot ❯ Confusion... ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chap. 6
"Wow, it's really Sailor Carrot!" Kirishima said, after he got over the shock of punching the strawberry into the wall.
"Uh, yeah...yo." Sailor Carrot waved with a sweatdrop.
"I wish Kuwabara-san would have been able to see this...he's going to be soooo jealous!"
"Uh, sure." the sweatdrop grew even more.
"Come to think of it, where did he go? Did you see someone almost as tall as you and with orange hair by any chance?"
"Er...nope." the sweatdrop grew bigger as Botan flew in with her oar and knocked both of them onto the floor. Yukina followed soon after, but she entered by the door.
"Kuwa-chan, you can change back now!" the bubbly blue-haired girl exclaimed.
"Uh..." Sailor Carrot cast a questioning glance at Kirishima.
"Oh, don't worry about him, we'll explain!"
* * *
"Who would have thought that one of your best friends would be a Salad Scout too!" Botan breathed, beaming at Kirishima, who just looked confused.
Kirishima pointed to himself, sweatdropping.
"Yep, yep! You're going to be the um...legendary Sailor..." she paused, then flipped through a stack of papers. Then she sighed.
Yukina turned to the other girl, annoyance already showing on her face. "Don't tell me you don't know."
"Tomato, stupid." Hiei entered, crossing his arms. "(He had that stupid tomato sign on his forehead, you idiot.)"
"Oh yeah!" Botan hit her forehead sheepishly. "You're the legendary Sailor Tomato!"
Kazuma and Hiei glared at each other for a long silence.
"Uh...Kuwabara-san..." Kirishima started weakly.
"Huh?" Kazuma answered after a few minutes passed by. "What?"
"So...you're the legendary Sailor Carrot?"
"Uh, yeah." he nodded vigorously.
Kirishima fell over. "..oh...so I knew Sailor Carrot more than I thought..."
Botan helped him back up and handed him a tomato-wand. "Here, when you want to transform, you have to use this and say 'Tomato Power, Make Up!', okay?"
"What powers do I have, anyways?"
"I dunno." she stated. "I lost your paper from this pile here." she pointed and both Yukina and Hiei facefaulted.
"Oh." Kirishima shrugged. Hopefully I'll figure it out somehow...
Kazuma raised his hand all of a sudden and everyone stared.
"What do you want?" Yukina questioned.
"I wanna know about that one chick that appeared and gave me this rose." he produced a half-wilted rose from his coat pocket.
"Chick?"
"Yeah, that one red-haired chick--"
"I didn't know that there were red-haired baby chickens in this world. And I didn't think that they would be handing out roses to people, either." she turned to Botan for an explanation.
Botan shrugged. "I didn't, either."
Hiei glared at the two of them. "Idiots! Those stupid humans call women they don't know the names of, chicks."
"Hmmm." she nudged him. "Have you been reading up on them, by any chance?"
He glared daggers at her.
"Oh." Yukina smiled, finally understanding. "H-She's unknown...I'm guessing. She's not in any of our (remaining) papers, at least, and the Salad Scouts are all male...so..."
"But I want to know who she is! She was sooooo pretty..." Kazuma said, hearts appearing in his eyes as he clutched the rose in his hand. He yelped, then let it drop to the floor as everyone else watched blood drip out of his hand.
"I didn't see her." Kirishima added.
"You didn't? But she was so hard to miss...and she said that we'll meet again...and threw this rose at me."
"Too bad it missed." Hiei muttered.
"What did you say, stupid shrimp!?"
* * *
While this was all happening, Kurama was standing outside of the room, listening in on their conversation. He sweatdropped as he heard Kazuma talk about a so-called red-haired girl who had come to help him.
He shook his head slowly, wondering why in the world he had agreed to help Yukina and the others...then he glanced down at the dress he was wearing and facefaulted, jumping away to change to more...normal clothing.
* * *
"Wow, I didn't think that Kuwa-chan would actually fall in love with Kurama-kun, did you?" Botan questioned, with a sweatdrop.
"Not at all." Yukina sighed. "And we forgot to tell him about that possibility."
"Oh well. He can't back out now, though." she smiled, producing a small item from her pocket. "Not when we have this."
"Exactly." she agreed, then smirked slightly. "We'll just have to hope that he isn't one of the Salad Scouts, or we will be in big trouble."
"Yep.." she scratched her head. "Why wasn't Sailor Broccoli there to help Sailor Carrot today, by the way?"
"He told me that he'll never transform without more decent clothes." Yukina said regretfully.
Botan laughed. "Oh, I see.."
* * *
Later on in the day, Kazuma, Kirishima, and Ookubo decided to go out to the karoke bar.
Ookubo was wandering around the karoke hall, slightly drunk. "Whoopee..." he said dizzily, then landed smack into a pretty dark-green haired girl who let out a high-pitched yelp.
"Ooh, sorry." Ookubo said slowly, then let the girl push him away.
The girl smiled suddenly, and Ookubo thought that it was almost evilly, although he could barely trust his eyesight at that moment in time. "Hi..." she said timidly. "Can I ask what your name is?"
"Ookubo." he said matter-of-factly, not bothering to say anything further.
She snickered softly. "Oh, I'm Karin. Nice to meet you, Ookubo-san. Would you like to come sing with me, by any chance? I have a private room in here..." she trailed off.
He nodded, then thought for a little while. "Wait, I want some peace and quiet right now, I'd better be getting home--"
"Oh, that's okay, you can sleep in the room if you want to." she said innocently, not trying to hint anything further. "I'll get you something to drink," she said as they arrived at the room.
"Sure..."
As soon as she had escorted him in, she smiled once more and her image flickered to become slightly purplish in color...