Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Forbidden Wolf ❯ A Returning Past ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho or its characters

------------------------------------------------------- -----------------
Me: Wow! It’s been three years since I’ve updated. Yikes. It doesn’t seem like that much times has passes. So much has happened but I won’t bore you with the details.

Thank you to those who reviewed!

Hiei: (looks at me with a cold stare)

Me: (looks at Hiei guiltily) I admit it. Human males just don’t meet the standards when it comes to dating or at least with me.

Hiei: It took you for to date a psychotic, emo-Nazi and a bi, clingy stalker to figure that out?

Me: (flushes deeply and adverts my eyes) Yeah…

Hiei: Hn. Baka. About time you learned something.

Me: (Wraps arms around Hiei and whispers huskily in his ear) That’s not all that I’ve learned…

Hiei: (Looks intrigued)
------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14: A Returning Past

“You thought you killed me, my little pet?” The voice taunted as the owner continued to invade Kakarot’s space. “Sorry to ruin your little fantasy, but I’m still among the living!”

Kakarot’s eyes narrowed in anger and a sickening dread as the demon’s rusty orange eyes brought forth a rush of memories that made her feel ice cold. Suikotsu. The right-hand man of the demon lord who killed her father and held her prisoner for over 1,000 years. Tears of frustration and guilt hit her hard as she remembered the reason why her father was not longer alive…

Flashback

“Look here, Suikotsu! The legendary Forbidden Wolf! Hard to imagine such a tiny creature holds so much potential,” a cold voice laughed in merriment as he looked at the broken figure of Kakarot, bound by steel chains and bloody upon the floor. Hiruiseki gems of all colors laid, strewn across the ground as she looked up in paralyzed and hopeless fear.

Why? Why am I here? What do these beasts want with me? Why did they kill my father?!’ Kakarot thought in despair.

“What’s so amazing about this little whelp, my lord?” Suikotsu inquired his leader in curiosity as he looked upon the battered child.

“Ah, Suikotsu. You never did see the worth of anything. This is the most unique demon in all of Makai. Her mother was the alpha-female of the Sacred Silver Wolves, the most secretive and powerful demonic group among us all. Her father was the Forbidden Child, a demon born of fire and ice. This ‘whelp’ is a mixture of both elements and animal as well as two very legendary beings. Think of the power that lies dormant within her!”

Looking upon Kakarot, no one would think that she was capable of holding any power, much less anything as extraordinary as the demon lord made her out to have. Thick shackles were around all for of her limbs as well as her neck, completely immobilizing her. Blood ran from a large gash on her forehead as well as her mouth and back. Her right ankle and left wrist were sprained and her right shoulder dislocated. Her clothes were ripped and many bloody pieces laid all around her. Even she could wield this mystic power, she was in no shape to use it.

Looking in dismay at the little wolf-demon, Suikotsu asked, “What plans do you have for her, Lord Nakago?”

The eyes of the ‘Lord Nakago’ swept over Kakarot’s bloody form as he replied, “I plan to use her as a way of gaining power in Makai. We will harness her power and use her to our will. As she grows, she will be trained to be the best warrior in all of Makai! Also, when she is of mating age, I shall breed with her, creating a new generation of all-powerful demons that no other shall go against!”

Kakarot suddenly grew even more still and cold as the maniac’s words penetrated her young mind. ‘So that’s why. That’s why Father suffered the way he did and why I’m here. I’m just to become a weapon and pup-popping machine in the future. Why did I have to be born? Why did the gods allow such a creature like me to exist. All I want is for time to go back so I can be with my father and brother. Oh, where is Youko?! Where is my brother?! Why isn’t he here to help me?!’

“What will we do with her in the meantime, Lord Nakago?” Suikotsu’s eyes suddenly brightened as bloodlust entered his being.

“Simple. We shall teach her that we are her masters and that she is to obey us.” Nakago, too, began to feel a form of lust as he glanced at Kakarot once again.

“In any way, my lord?”

“In any way that makes her bend to my will.”

With that said, the two demons descended upon the defenseless wolf-child. Her screams filled the stone chamber, loud enough for the whole castle to hear.

End of flashback

“What so silent, my pet? Are you recalling the fun we used to have?”

Kakarot came back to present as that repulsive voice once again defiled her ears. For a split second, she felt the need to cower and curl in a ball to protect herself from the punishment that would soon follow for her escape. Then, she realized something: she was no longer under anyone’s control.

Suddenly, an uncontrollable anger filled her. It was 400 years ago since she last smelled his vile stench. 400 years since she last succumbed to his reign. She would not repeat that past ever again!

Looking defiantly into his eyes, “Actually, I was just recalling what a pleasant sight it was to see your body as its lifeblood painted the ground. What a wonderful crimson red it was!” Sick of being in contact with such a foul beast, Kakarot powered up her ki and used it to make a swirling tornado of fire around her.

Unprepared for such a powerful attack from the wolf demoness who used to follow his every command, Suikotsu was thrown back and hit the bars of a cell. With blue fire burning in Kakarot’s eyes, she allowed her inner demon to take her over. At full force, she ran at Suikotsu, giving him no time to escape or defend himself. Suikotsu’s back arched as a clawed hand entered his chest cavity. In less than a second, Kakarot’s hand went completely through him, holding his still beating, heart. The smell of blood filled the air and Kakarot smirked, because she knew he would not be able to haunt her life ever again. She pulled back her arm and presented Suikotsu’s heart to him as he grasped his chest.

“Now THIS is a perfect reunion.” Strangely, Suikotsu’s lips curved into a snide grin after Kakarot finished her statement.

“You’re cocky now, but just wait. You will once again be before Lord Nakago on your knees soon.”

Stunned, Kakarot demanded, “What do you mean by that?” Suikotsu chuckled, spewing blood from his mouth.

“You’re so naïve. You honestly think that you killed our master when you failed to kill me?”

Enraged, Kakarot shouted, “He was never MY master! I just did his bidding until I was strong enough to end his worthless existence!”

“Heh, heh. Well, you failed. I wish I could be around as his plans finally…come…into…effect…” With that said, the lizard demon’s eyes clouded and his lifeless body slid to the floor. Kakarot was at a loss.

“It can’t be…I made them both perish 400 years ago but still…he was here. I just killed him…again. That means Nakago MUST be alive as well. Nakago. The bastard who took my father’s life and my future!’ With a burst of overwhelming emotions, she squeezed Suikotsu’s heart until it busted, showering her and Suikotsu with even more blood. All she could do then was stare at her hand as her mind went completely blank and her heart dropped in her chest.

A bright light suddenly caught Kakarot’s eyes as the Reikai Tentai ran into the dungeons, Kurama in the lead.

“Kakarot! What’s going on? Why…” Kurama eyes took in the sight of Kakarot’s bloody appearance, holding a crushed heart and the demon from the photo lying lifeless before her. He couldn’t believe it.

“Holy shit!” was Kuwabara’s exclamation followed by Yusuke’s “DAMN!” Even Hiei was surprised by the scene. He didn’t think the wolf onna would take a kill to that level.

Remembering that the males beside her knew nothing of life as a prisoner, she wanted to keep it that way. “What are you imbeciles looking at?”

“Kakarot…You did this?” Kurama could barely stay calm. His first instinct was to wrap her in his arms, making sure that she was okay and alive. The only problem was his baby sister looked positively threatening. This was not the little wolf pup that used to run to him for protection. This was a predator who had just finished her kill. Yet, there was a troubled look in her eyes that she was almost succeeding in covering up, but not quite. This demon had set her off guard. ‘What happened?’

“Nah, Fox. A sorcerer took over my body and when I came to, I was like this,” she replied sarcastically. “You idiot.”

“Yo,” choked Yusuke, “You get blood-happy or what?”

Whispering in Yusuke’s ear, Kuwabara hissed, “Shut up, Urameshi. I don’t want to be on her menu tonight!”

“Don’t flatter yourself, human,” she replied, discarding the remains of the demon’s heart aside. “You would give me a stomachache and indigestion.”

Regaining his own composure, Kurama questioned, “What happened, sis?”

Kakarot sighed in exasperation. “What does it look like? I came down here, he confronted me, pissed me off and I killed him. Got that or do I need to break it down to Kuwabaka’s level?” (Hey!)

“What did he do to piss you off?” Everyone was anxious to hear Yusuke’s question answered.

“He existed.” She then walked past the group, went up the stairs and left all the guys in silence.
---------------------------------------------------------

Me: (Takes a moment from Hiei to talk to readers) Okay, everyone what do you think? Getting interesting again?

Hiei: Onna, stop wasting time with the bakas.

Me: (Smacks Hiei upside the head) Don’t be like that. They took the time to read it, so I’m curious.

Hiei: Isn’t there a ningen saying that says “Curiosity killed the cat.”?

Me: Well, it’s a good thing I’m a wolf, huh?

Hiei: (Grabs me and hold me tightly) That may be but I know several way to make you purr…

Me: (Swoons)