Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ The Hidden Past, The Hopeful Future ❯ Step Two: Getting to Class ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


AnimeFox1940: Hello all!!! Sorry this chapter has been taking me so long, but I had---Scratch that, HAVE much work to do...GR! School is EVIL! No only that, but I was randomly picked out of a few other 24 people to do an extra thing. Now I have to do a poster on, and write a essay about a lady I've never heard of before...TRULY EVIL! But anyways, instead of confiding in you guys, my readers, (I know you hate hearing me complain, I would know, it get's rather annoying) I will now introduce my newest chapter!! I hope you guys enjoy!!!

Oh, and PS: I have no clue how the school's Student Principle or Principle looks, so, just please, bare with me!

DISCLAIMER: Once again, I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho! *cries* Damn...That's so sad...
~~~~~~~


Kena quickly spun around only to see a brown-haired man, about in his late forties, looking at her. "Shouldn't you get to class? The bell is about to ring. Not only that, but what are you wearing? We do have a dress code here." He told her dryly.



Kena killed the sudden urge to hit this guy. She knew he just had to be a teacher, do to his rudeness and the fact that he was old, yet still in high school. Or he was just really stupid.



"Oh." Kena bowed gently, then quickly looked up to him, standing back in her normal poster. "I'm....A foreign exchange student, if you will. Kaligrasis, Kena. And I wasn't sent the uniform. My mother signed me up just the other day, and I'm just getting used to my surroundings. I decided to come here, but I got lost along the way." Kena explained, using her 'I'm-an-innocent-teenager' voice, along with the smile brought with it.



His eyes widened slightly, but not much. Mostly because he had just been mean to a new student which he had never even seen before. "Oh. I see." He nodded. "Very well. Come along. We have to get you a class schedule." And with that he started walking. Kena did the only thing her mind told her to do. Follow.


~~~(Later in the Office)~~~


Kena sighed for the counted 10th time when finally the Student Principle walked in. Kena smiled at the dirty-blonde brown eyed woman as she sat down at her desk, in a comfortable looking red chair. It looked a lot better than the wooden chair Kena was sitting in.



"Good Morning, Miss..." The Student Teacher started.



"Kaligrasis. Kaligrasis, Kena." She said in a pleasant and sure voice from the cold wooden chair she sat at.



"Hm. Kaligrasis. Good Morning. My name is, Mrs. Shaloria." She said in a happy tone, smiling brightly at Kena.



'That lady is way too happy...Maybe she's on drugs....' Kena shushed her mind but she couldn't help but be blunt herself. "Yes...It says so not only on the door, but on your desk right here." Kena said, pointing to the gold name plate in front of her.



Mrs. Shaloria gave her a look that said: 'Great. That's just what this school needs. A smart mouth.' Thinking Kena didn't notice. But as soon as Kena looked back up to her Mrs. Shaloria quickly smiled again. "Yes. You are very...observant."



Kena now smiled back. "Thank you." She said, feeling happy that she had gotten on this teachers nerves. Yet, the teacher still had to be patient with her.



"So...Miss Kaligrasis...Well, since you came so late from the start of the school year-" Kena interrupted her.



"School started only about a month ago. If we're going by the time I started back in my home-county, then it would have only started about a month ago. No, even less than a month ago." Kena repeated herself, proving her point.



"Yes." The teacher said through smiling, clenched teeth. "Anyways, like I was saying before, you are left with all the, well, mostly empty classes." Mrs. Shaloria told her, probably taking pride in ruining Kena's life so far.



'Great! Just peachy-keen!!' Kena's mind sarcasticly yelled out. But Kena smiled, still thinking. 'Okay. What else can this lady do to ruin my life here so far?' Kena had thought the anwser was nothing. That this lady could do nothing more to ruin her life. But, was she wrong.



Mrs. Shaloria quickly whipped out a picture and showed it to Kena. It was of a red uniform, the hanker-shift on it being yellow. Kena bit her bottom lip, "What...is...that?" Kena asked, trying not to make it sound too rude. Too rude.



Mrs. Shaloria's little blonde eye brow quirked. "That, as you put it, Is your new school uniform. You're going to have to tell us your sizes and we'll send it right over."



Kena quickly dug into her backpack and pulled out many papers, all which were pre-filled out by her Mother. They had all of Kena's information. Kena quickly passed it over the Student Principle's dark, polished, wooden desk.



Mrs. Shaloria's eyes scrolled over the papers, then she pulled out a paper of her own. "Here's your class schedule." She pushed it across the desk to Kena. Kena looked it over. Right now she had to be in...Biology. Great.



"May I leave now?" Kena asked, this time, really not trying to be rude. This time.



Mrs. Shaloria's eyes glanced over Kena. They seemed to stop and glare at her Uniform. It was still the grey uniform from her old school, consisting of a long sleeved, light grey shirt, on it was a dark grey hanker-shift, and then a dark grey skirt, a lot shorter then the school accepted.



But Kena couldn't help it. That's what they had to wear in their old school.



"Yes. You may go." The now irritated woman said, making a motion with her hand, flicking her wrist towards the door.



Kena quickly stalked out of the room and walked into the 'waiting room'. There she quickly bought her needed text books then walked out into the hallways.



Kena walked where she believed the Biology classroom was...Only now the map she had in her hands said it was upstairs.



Kena flipped the map over. 'Am...Am I reading it upside down?' She thought to herself.



The letters and numbers which categorized everything, all the classes, were just...random. Some numbers were upside down, and others were right side up, no matter what way she turned it. And there were some A- Whatever number classes on the right side too. And if she flipped it, they were now on the left side.



She nibbled on her tongue. 'Great...Well, Just remember the number...C-2...C-2..' She looked around. She was on the 1st floor. And she was on the A's. She looked around. Hallways upon hallways, so many combinations then--Look at that!! A STAIRCASE TOO!



Kena looked around again. Then she felt like a 5 year old lost in the park. She stared and thought. Then she decided to walk forward and see where that took her. It ended up taking her to 3 more A's, and then some B's, then dead end. So, she turned, and It took her to D's and E's.



'How the hell did that happen?!' She thought, staring at the letters. Then she groaned to herself and went down another hallway. It took her to either a dead end or a library. She soon found out that she was going in circles. So, she picked what she thought were different paths...No luck.



'THAT TEACHER GAVE ME A RIGGED MAP!' Was the only thought constantly floating in her head.



After about another 8 minutes of nothing but searching, she finally stumbled upon the C's! She felt her body tremble happily as she stared at the letters. She quickly walked down the hall, looking for C-2.



'C-6....C-5...C-4...C-3...C-This is it!!! ...Wait...no...that's C-1. I'm looking for C-2!!! Where is C-2?!!?' Her mind mentally screamed. She was about ready to scream when she finally turned around, only to see the only door left, C-2.



A bright smile filled her features. She was actually happy that she had found a class. But now...she wasn't happy. WHY DID SHE COME HERE FIRST?! She had to put up her text books!!!



She looked back at the schedule and it said that her locker was: 'Locker 473! And it's right there, right down the hall!!!' She quickly ran down the hall and turned the dial of her locker, memorizing her new numbers. She lifted up the handle, but, it didn't open.



Kena now glared at the locker. "Oh, no. You are NOT going to ruin my day!!!" Kena hissed to the locker and hit it with a fist, causing it to fly open. She sighed. Thank goodness it was clean. Last year, she was stuck cleaning out her own locker...It was sick.



She quickly slid in her books, keeping her Biology book and knowing she had note books in her backpack for notes of course. She sighed again and turned around, starting to walk back in the direction from which she had just came. 'I wouldn't be very surprised if the classroom 'moved' again.' She thought.



She paused when the flesh of her fingers touched the cool metal handle of the door. 'I don't want to do this anymore!' Her mind screamed as her stomach jumped. She was already 30 minutes late, still an hour of class to go.



She took in a deep breath, then quickly pushed down the handle hearing the lock on the inside click, allowing her in.


'Eh...I'm screwed...'


~~~~~~~

AnimeFox1940: ok! That's all!! Ok, I asked this last time, but if anyone reading this knows, then please, please, PLEASE tell me how Maya looks!! I mean, If I have seen her in the series (I probably have) Then, they just never said her name! Is she the one with the brown hair...who could read that dead dog thoughts? I don't know! If you don't either, then that's okay, but just, please, review! Thanks! ~Ja Ne!!
(
(0 .o)
(v v) ..Bunny.