Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Trust Again ❯ To Hell with you ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own YYH.... *Sighs* but I wish I had Hiei.

Rain...Pain...Fear...Hatred

It was Christmas Eve and Shotoyami was out on one of her evening walks. Piles of snow surrounded the sidewalks as snowplows finished did their job. All the girl wore was a purple New York shirt, blue jeans and a leather jacket.

"God I hate Christmas," she murmured as she flipped the collar of the jacket over her neck. This season of cheering and caring and love brought back memories of pain.... hatred.... fear. She shook the feelings off and tried to remain in the present. She looked up into the sky. Rain clouds had appeared and seem to grow darker by the minute.

Shotoyami was known as the 'outkast' (AN//i love outkasts songs!! don't ask me how this fits into the story@.@) at her school. She had only three close friends and even with them she didn't feel a hundred percent safe. She was 16 and had long curly black hair that fell lightly at her coco cola shaped hips. Her lips were a rose color as her hazel brown eyes scanned her scenery. Her caramel-like skin was starting to get goosebumps from the cold.

She stopped at a red stop sign, looked both ways, and then crossed the street. She walked slowly deep in thought....

It started to rain. Her hair started to stick to her face as steam escaped her mouth in clouds of smoke.

She stopped in front of a Shell gas station and went in. At the front desk was a young boy of 17 or 18. He saw Shotoyami walk through the door and went to greet her with open arms and puckered lips.

"Touch me and you die," she whispered. The boy backed up nervously and returned to his counter. "Myo Kyote," she growled.

Myo Kyote was known as the 'hottie' of the school as the girls worshipped him. He had blond hair that went to his ears. His left ear was pierced and his eyes were crystal blue. He had a finely toned body that made girls squeal and swoon in excitement and his voice (to the cheerleaders) sounded like wind chimes (AN//::GAGS::).

He liked Shotoyami...a lot! He wanted her. He glanced back at the entrance where the girl stood. She was rubbing her hands together to warm up and squinting her eyes due to the brightness of the light.

At school Myo was always hitting on her, trying to win her over with his charms and good looks. He had girlfriends. Many of them but paid no attention to them. But when Shotoyami was around he'd flirt with them. Once on the bus when she passed him he rubbed her thigh. Another time he 'accidentally' grabbed her ass.

Unaware of his roaming eyes, she glanced into the corner by the fruits and grain section. There, stood a boy who smelt of flowers. Rose flowers to be exact. She took in a deep breath inhaling the lovely aroma. She shook her head. What kind of guy smells like roses? Drag queens? Gays? A person just wishing to be brutally assaulted cause of his smell?

He had long red hair that fell to his back and his eyes...oh his eyes...they left her in a trance. Something about them was trusting yet betraying at the same time. They were a shade of emerald green.

Behind him was a boy wearing all green. He had his hands in his pockets while speaking to the red head. Shotoyami's eye twitched at the amount of gel plastered on his hair.

He sensed somebody watching them. He looked over his left shoulder and spotted the girl at the entrance. At that moment when their eyes meet the girl turned her head as if she were lost or searching for something. He shrugged his shoulders and continued his conversation.

'Damn it,' thought Shotoyami angrily. 'He saw me.' She glanced at Myo whose eyes seem to be examining every inch of her as a lion search a herd of zebras before making the killing strike. His eyes suddenly stopped and starred at her chest. He grinned wickedly.

Shotoyami was confused. 'What the hell is he starring at?' it finally hit her like a hurricane. She looked down at her chest. Her shirt was completely soaked! It was sticking to her breasts causing her nipples to bulge slightly.

"Pervert," she growled as she stuck her middle finger up at him and sat near the window in the cafe. She took off her leather jacket and placed it on the chair across from her. She then took out a small book from her pocket and placed on the table. As she looked at the book she seemed to calm down. She opened to the page she had previously marked with a 'Touch me and you WILL DIE!' book mark and continued to read.

'Gelboy' saw the whole thing. He was smiling from ear to ear. The red head just looked at him then looked at what was so interesting to his companion. He saw a girl sitting by the window reading. She seemed quite interested in it. "Yusuke," he said, "are you okay?"

Yusuke looked at him and then burst out laughing. The girl's ear twitched at the noise but didn't budge from her book. "I'm fine Kurama." He then paused to catch some air. "You see that babe over there?" Kurama nodded. "Well, she just told that cashier guy to fuck off!"

"Interesting," Kurama said as he placed two oranges in the basket.

'She seems quite lovely,' spoke a voice in Kurama's head.

'Youko…' warned Kurama.

'What? Just look at those legs.' He grinned mischievously. 'Just imagine those legs wrapped around your waist as you -'

'Youko!' Youko laughed slightly and went his way.

"Interesting? Man Kurama! She's like a total babe." Kurama said nothing and placed two mangoes, three peaches and three bananas into the basket. He was trying really hard to ignore Youko's perverted thoughts.

Yusuke looked at him dumbly. "Well if you won't ask her out... I will!" Yusuke walked over to the cafe and stood over the girl. Peering over to see what she was reading. 'Ugh,' he thought. 'Romance crap.' he tapped the girl on the shoulder.

Shotoyami, unaware of what loomed over her was lost in the book of 'Duchess'. Presently, she was at the part when Duchess and Rowdy, a Texan, were horseback riding when she felt the continued tapping on her left shoulder.

She sighed, placed the bookmark into the book and placed it closed on the table. 'Doesn't that bastard know when to give up?' she kept her eyes closed as she heard the figure shift anxiously wanted for her to speak. "I told you Myo to FUCK OFF! Do you need a better message?! Don't let me have to rip off the only thing that allows you to have kids and stomp it in the ground."

Yusuke grinned so much he thought he was going to explode. "Hey," he said coolly. He placed his hands in his pockets.

Shotoyami's eyes shot wide open. 'That is not Myo's voice.' she slowly turned her head around slowly to see none other than 'Gelboy' standing there. She hastily stood up and bowed. "Sorry," she apologized. "I had no idea that it was you I was talking to." Actually, she couldn't care less.

"No prob'," he smirked. 'Wow,' thought Yusuke examining her. 'What a babe.' "Name's Urameshi," he said shaking her hand and bringing her back to the real world. "Yusuke Urameshi."

Shotoyami glared at him as well that sent shivers up the boy's spine. She returned the handshake with a firm grasp. "Hywein...Shotoyami Hywein." She tried to smile. A slight curve on her lips was the only response.

Yusuke was impressed by the strength of the girl. "So," he took a seat across from her, "Have any interests." He pointed to the book.

"Yeah," she said uneasily. The guy was creepy. "I like to read. Umm, can I help you?"

"Do you want to go on a date with me?"

"Listen…Yusuke, was it? I really don't have time for this."

Yusuke's grin slightly faltered. "Okay. How 'bout your number instead?"

"Sorry, but I don't date gays." Shotoyami smiled at the shock expression on the poor boy's face.

Yusuke waved his hands defensively. "I am not gay."

"Really?" this guy was too easy. Torturing the souls of gullible males…a favorite past time.

"Are you a lesbian?" he asked curiously. He crossed one of his fingers, praying her to say 'no'.

"No…" She couldn't lie to him. Even if he was too up front she thought it wrong to say she was a lesbian just to get rid of him. "I think your boyfriend is about to leave." She nudged her head to the cash register.

Yusuke was speechless. He looked over at the register to see Kurama. "You think that he and me are… He's just a friend."

"Right," she said slowly. "Whose 'friend' dresses in pink, hair that's a little too long for a guy and smells like flowers." Shotoyami looked outside. It had stopped raining. She quietly placed her jacket on and grabbed her booked.

"Hope to see you soon Hywein," said Yusuke helping her out of her seat.

Shotoyami was nothing but shocked. No one had been that polite to her. "Sure…" she was uncomfortable with this kind of politeness even more that this guy possessed manners. "Whatever," she scowled

"Yusuke," came Kurama's voice. He looked at Yusuke amusingly. "Everything go out as planned."

"Nah," Yuseke shrugged. "She thought you and I were a couple."

Kurama's eyes widen a little. "As in gay?"

'Even if I was gay,' thought Youko angrily, 'I would not be interested in Yusuke.'

'Oh,' thought Kurama amusingly. 'Who or what then?'

'Drag-'

'On second thought don't tell me,' interrupted Kurama.

Kurama smiled. "She certainly has an imagination."

The streetlights were now on and drunken men roamed the streets.

Yusuke thought for a moment as the exited the station. "Hey Kurama…that girl seemed different."

"In what way?"

"I don't know…kind of like me." He shrugged. He didn't know what he was saying. All he knew was that that girl possessed some fine legs.

"Maybe you like her more than you should," laughed Kurama. "See you tomorrow Yusuke."

~*~
Author's note: Hoped you enjoyed the renewed version. Please read and review.