Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation Time ❯ Chapter Twenty-Four ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Twenty-Four: Archery
 
Cassie's POV
 
"YO! EVERYONE! TIME TO WAKE UP!!!" The incredibly loud shout came crashing against my ears, forcing me awake. Whoever was yelling was obviously impatient, because she repeated the phrase again.
 
Grumbling, I literally rolled out of bed and went to the door. Opening it, I saw Kaline there, smirking, her hair wet. "Good morning, Cassie!" she greeted me cheerfully, her eyes sparkling with good humor. "Don't you remember that we're all suppose to go to the archery yards today? You did promise to teach me."
 
I sighed, nodding my head. At breakfast the pervious day, I had told her that I would instruct her on how to shoot the bow. In exchange for the lesson, Kaline had convinced everyone to go riding in the afternoon. Horseback riding was one of my favorite activities.
 
"I remember," I replied, yawning and noticing some of the others looking out into the hallway. "And I hope that you don't do this again."
 
"Sorry," she apologized. "But you never know what I'm gonna do." She paused when I glared at her. "I will try to avoid it though."
 
I nodded my head in reply. "Good. Now, I'm going to go get ready... and no more shouting!"
 
An hour later, I was getting out of a taxi in front of the archery yards. The building was rather large with a freshly mowed field behind it. Targets were placed along one end of the field, and very short, wooden fence was on the other end.
 
"Yeah!" Kaline cheered, smiling brightly. "We're here!"
 
For some reason unknown to me, Kaline had always wanted to shoot a bow and arrow. It was strange, but true. I mean, c'mon, why would Kaline want to use a shoot a bow when she has magic? It just doesn't compare.
 
I shook my head and followed Kaline inside the building
 
Soon, all of us had our bows and a quiver full of arrows. Everyone stood in a single straight line opposite of the outside targets, five feet between each of us. Amazingly enough, Keiko and myself had been the only ones to fire the weapons. All of the others didn't know how to shoot the thing.
 
Deciding to help Kaline first, I went over to her. "Want some advice?" I asked politely, noticing how awkward her hold on it was.
 
"Yeah. Most definitely," she answered immediately, giving me a pleading look.
 
"Well, the first step is holding the bow correctly." I showed her how to hold it, correcting her hands and stance when she messed it up. "Now, you notch the arrow." I demonstrated with my own bow. "Then you let it go." I released the arrow, sending it flying straight into the bulls' eye.
 
"Wow," Kaline whispered under her breath, copying my actions. A slight blue sparkle appeared around her arrow's tip right as she released it.
 
At about the half-way mark, Kaline's arrow almost hit the ground, but it swooped back up and hit the bulls' eye.
 
"Kaline..." I began in a sing-song voice. "Did you just use magic?"
 
She nodded her head. "Yep."
 
"Don't use it again," I ordered, giving her a serious look.
 
"Why?" she countered simply, her voice child-like.
 
"Because I asked you to," I replied. "Besides, wouldn't you rather hit the center using your own talents?"
 
Kaline thought for a moment. "Nope. In war, you cheat to win. Besides, I need to practice using my magic on all things."
 
"Arrggghhh." I threw up my hands in defeat. "Fine." I left her side and went over to Hiei. He hadn't even tried to fire a single arrow. "Your hold isn't quite right," I told him, coming up behind him and correcting his positioning with my arms half-way wrapped around his upper body. "And you notch your arrow like this," I continued, helping him put the arrow up, my mouth right by his ear. "Now, fire."
 
Hiei released the arrow, and although he didn't hit the bulls' eye, he did hit the target. "Hn. That wasn't too hard."
 
"You did a good job," I complimented him. "Now, I'll guide you through it one more time and let you try on your own."
 
I moved closer to him so that my front half was pressed against his back, which gave him a very good reason not to protest. The contact caused my breath to come quicker, but I ignored it for the time being. My temperature seemed to have increased a few degrees as well. I could feel the wonderfully perfect muscles in his back ripple as he moved, revealing just what he kept hidden beneath his concealing clothes.
 
'Hmmm... I'm just as attracted to Hiei as he is to me,' I thought, amused. 'I wonder why. It's more than just his looks. I flirt with cute guys just because I want to, but I don't just desire a guy for no reason. There has to be a explanation as to why the fire demon is so different to me.'
 
With gentle hands, I helped Hiei fire one more arrow before I separated from him. I caught a brief glance of the heated look he was giving me before going back to my spot. Smirking, I fired my bow a few times, pleased with how things were going. I was slowly figuring out how I felt about the fire demon and why.
 
As I fired my bow and arrow over and over, I let my mind drift. 'Let's see here.'
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground... fire.
'I like how Hiei looks, obviously. I like his attitude and how he reacts to me.'
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground... fire.
 
'I love his laugh and that little smile I see every so often. His bad-boy attitude is refreshing, and I don't mind dealing with it at all.'
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground... fire.
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground... fire.
 
'Truthfully, it's kind of fun.'
 
At that point, I had run out of arrows. "Damn," I muttered, not exactly thrilled. It was easier to think when my body was distracted by something other than Hiei.
 
"Here." I found a large amount of arrows dropped into my quiver, points down. "Enjoy, Cassie. This isn't quite as fun as I thought it would be. Besides, Kurama and I prefer using magic in battle," Kaline said to me as she went back to her boyfriend. Then, the two of them walked off towards the building and disappeared around the corner.
 
I chuckled. "Go Kaline," I whispered under my breath. 'Now, back to the Hiei problem.'
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground... fire.
 
'Truthfully, it sounds like I more than just plain care for him. I let him grab me from behind and run his fingers over my stomach without slapping him.'
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground... fire.
 
'I torture him like there's no tomorrow, even though I know that it might cause him to jump me.'
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground... fire.
 
'I'm not nuts, but there must be something I'm overlooking.'
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground... fire.
 
It suddenly hit me. 'I'm in love with him. I actually think that I'm in love with him.'
 
Pull arrow about of quiver... notch arrow... draw back the arrow and raise bow until level with the ground...
 
'I gotta talk to Kaline about this later.'
 
Fire.