Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Yuske's Words and Hiei's Rapture ❯ Yuske's Secret ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
AS YOU KNOW, YYH DOES NOT BELONG TO ME. HOWEVER, NYOKO DOES... this fanfic takes place from Nyoko's POV! Write reviews, even if it sucks! yay!



"Now class, if you continue to persist you will all be staying after school on clean-up duty! NOW SIT DOWN!" The teacher, Mr. Takinazwa was getting very irritated at his eighth block class.
A tall raven-haired boy sat in Mr. Takinazwa's chair with his feet up on the desk. The class was to rowdy to realize that the boy was mimicking every action the teacher performed. I sat in the front row with my head in my hands. The class rarely paid attention but this was getting out of control. I walked over to the Raven haired boy, whose tall orange-haired friend had joined him.
"Look Yuske, you know you have the power to stop them... Please, I can't stand the noise, will you shut them up?" I gazed at him pleadingly. He smiled devilishly and stood up.
"HEY EVERYONE. SHUT THE HECK UP! MR. TAKINAZWA IS TRYING TO TEACH, GIVE IT A REST!" he yelled to the class. The desks were immediately put back in to neat orderly rows. The students sat down and opened their notebooks. Yuske and his orange-haired, Kuwabara to those who knew him, began walking back to their seats.
"Happy?" he asked as he smiled kindly.
"Thank you." I gently wrapped one arm around his neck and gave him a quick half-hearted hug. The class continued on, as boring as ever, but at least it was orderly and not quite so loud.

The afternoon sun shined brightly over the little school. I notice that Yuske and a red-headed kid, who I had never met before, were running pass the mass of people leaving the school yard.
"Yuske! Hold up!" I called over the people.
"Hey," he called back without stopping.
"Umm, Urameshi. Where are you going? We have an engagement." I stated, I was rather confused; his behavior was always odd, but now he was canceling all of our appointments and he was walking out of class more frequently.
"umm..." he stopped briefly, "look Nyoko, I can't hang out with you tonight. I know I promise, I am sorry. I just, something came up. I can't talk about it." he began running through the people again. I didn't have time to catch up to him before he disappeared around the corner and was lost.
"THAT JERK!" I yelled into the sky, a few passer-Byers stopped to stare at me. I glanced at them nervously and apologized quickly before walking the opposite direction toward my house.
"I can't go home, if I do, my parents will know he stood me up again. I don't want them to think I am making things up. God why does he have to be such a jerk!" I talked to myself half the way home, acquiring more then a few odd stares.
When I got to my house I gazed up the walk, both of the cars were still in the yard. Man I thought they might be gone. I thought to myself. Well, looks like I am going to the park.
I began to walk to the park. It was mid-afternoon so I knew there would be a lot of little kids there, but I had no where else to go. Keiko was visiting her aunt in Kyoto, Akusiwa was in America with her mom, and now Yuske had left me. I didn't really know anyone else well enough to call them and ask them to hang out. I was kind of a loner I guess.
The park was crisp and beautiful as always. Little kids ran around throwing dirt and yelling to their parents. It was so cute, the boys would tease the girls and the girls would say the boys had cooties and run away. It was times like this when I really missed being a kid. Coming to the park would depress me sometimes though. It would make me think of Yuske, and how he stood me up.
I met Yuske at the park, he was upset because he had just been dumped by Keiko. She broke up with him because he was never around, I know that feeling. I had always gone to his school, but I had never realized he was in my grade. Until I met him, Keiko, Kuwabara, and Akusiwa by association, I really didn't have any friends. Yuske was always really sweet to me. Then this year we had class together, and we just really hit it off. But now he is always running off with a mysterious red haired kid, who I don't know. Sometimes Kuwabara follows them. I could have sworn I saw a black figure with them too, but it must have been a shadow, it moved un-naturally fast. Where could he be going all the time, and why did he do it to Keiko too. There were so many things about him I didn't understand, and yet that was part of the reason I liked him so much.
The afternoon had faded into dusk and it was getting cold. How do I always manage to stay here so late? I thought to myself as I got off the park bench. All of the children had long since gone home. The cherry blossom leaves were swirling around the park, making it look like a dazzling wonderland, it was so gorgeous. I decided to watch the leaves some more and not leave just yet. The dusk had faded into night, it was now extremely cold and I could barely see two feet in front of me.
I walked home quickly, trying to avoid being much later, I didn't know what time it was, but it wasn't exactly early. I went the way I always did, around the park back through the alleyway that I always took. I was two houses away from my house when I saw something that grabbed my attention slightly ahead. I approached cautiously and noticed it was a person lying on the ground.
"Are you ok? Oh my lord! You are bleeding really bad! Can you move? Let me take you inside, I am sure we have some first-aid. I can call the police." I talked too quickly for the figure to answer me.
"I will be alright, I don't need your sympathy or your charity." The figure turned over and I noticed it was definitely a male. He took off his cloak and began to seal his wounds with his own supply of bandages.
"Oh, let me help. I am a certified first aid person." the kid pulled away quickly, he seemed to vanish before reappearing on the stone wall.
"I thought I explained I could take care of myself!" he barked as he tied up the bandage.
"Jesus, I was just trying to help you!" I thought for a moment, he reminded me of the kid I had sometimes seen with Yuske when he would go off and leave me.
"I guess I am not as good as Yuske, but you could at least let me help you." I stated calmly.
"Yus... Yuske? Why would you say that name?" the kid put his cloak back on and he was kind of cute. He had tall black hair, that defied gravity, he was rather short, about 4'11 5' at the most, he had a very sweet face that immediately gave you the impression he was up to something evil.
"Yuske is my... well I guess you could say he is my boyfriend. We have gone out twice, but every time we try to go out lately he cancels, and I don't know why." I stopped trying to read his reaction, but he looked pretty plain.
"Sorry, I shouldn't be bothering you with this. Its not of your concern." I stated, realizing that it must not be the same kid.
"I apologize for my reaction. I know Yuske. Him and I, we... well we work together. His job is very important I am sure it is nothing personal against you." he said sweetly. Although his voice was still slightly monotone, there was a bit of compassion in it.
"My name is Nyoko. I don't know if you might know of me." I said smiling at him and jumping up on the wall beside him.
"Hiei." he replied shortly.
"Nice to meet you Hiei" I looked over at him, and even though he had a big black cloak on he still looked freezing.
"Would you like to come in for Coco, or Ramen or something? You look frozen." I asked sweetly.
"That would be nice of you, but I am afraid I must not. I have to get back to Yus... Usually I don't hang out with strangers. Thank you for your conversation." he replied, he seemed to be hiding something.
"Would you like me to walk with you? I mean I don't even know why you were lying on the ground bleeding but I feel as though I should help you, or make sure you don't die." I added the last part quietly. Incase he knew Yuske, I didn't want Hiei to tell Yuske I was cheating on him or something.
"It is ok. Really. I thank you." he seemed to smile, but it was hard to tell in the poor lighting.
"You should feel proud. The shrimp doesn't apologize to anyone." Kuwabara stepped out of the shadows, and jokingly punched Hiei in the arm.
"You touch me again and I will make sure you don't have a fist to form." Hiei said through gritted teeth
"Wait, was that a threat shrimpo?" Kuwabara asked looking stupidly around.
"So you two know each other?" I asked, stating the obvious but trying to break up the fight.
"Unfortunately I have the displeasure of knowing this imbecile." Hiei glanced over at me, apparently taking his mind off the orange-haired idiot.
"Ha ha ha" a stifled giggle escaped the shadows, "Now now Hiei, you know Kuwabara doesn't mean it." A tall red headed boy, nearly as cute as Hiei came out of the shadows.
"Oh great, it is a party." Hiei said in what seemed to be his version of a sarcastic tone.
"Hi, I am Nyoko, who are you?" I asked quietly.
"Oh my apologies, I didn't see you there. I am Kurama, I too work with Yuske, Hiei, and occasionally Kuwabara here." he smiled kindly and bowed slightly. I nodded in response and smiled kindly.
"Umm, where is Yuske? What does he do for work?" I asked nervously.
"I don't believe it is at our disclosure to say. You can ask him, now that we have all met you I am sure he would be more open to announcing his work to you." Kurama stated flatly.
"I wouldn't be to sure about that Kurama, you know how he can be." Hiei nodded with Kurama as Kuwabara continued to stare blankly toward no where.
"Alright guys," Yuske ran up to us, "what did I miss - Nyoko." He put his hand behind his head and tossed his hair up nervously. "Hey, what are you doing here, with these hoodlums?"
"Oh I was just talking to Kurama, Hiei, and Kuwabara here. You see this guy, who I thought was really nice, has a secret job and since he wont tell me what it is and keeps standing me up for our dates I decided I should go out with other guys. That would make plenty of sense wouldn't it? He ditched me so I ditch him?" I looked at Yuske, in my eyes you could see that I was hurt, and I didn't care if all the boys in the world were listening to me screaming at him.
"Can we talk?" he said calmly. I didn't really respond, I just got off the wall and began to walk with him.
"Look, there are some things about me you don't understand. Couldn't understand, and probably shouldn't understand. I work with Hiei and Kurama, they can explain themselves if they feel fit to do so. Kuwabara of course you know, he has certain, err, qualities, he is useful." he tried to continue but I cut him off,
"Yuske, you aren't making any sense. I am sorry but I don't understand. I just want you to tell me what you are doing all the time, I don't get it." I felt tears welling up in my eyes and I fought with them to keep them back.
"Please don't cry. I don't want you to be sad," he wiped a tear that had strayed down my face. Sometimes he could be so sweet. "Look, I don't want you to think I am lying. If I tell you the truth you have to promise you will believe me." I nodded silently and wiped more tears for the other side of my face.
"OK, so three years ago I died. I got hit by a car, the only problem was, I wasn't suppose to die. Keiko helped me come back to life, the details are not important. In order to, I guess, "repay" the spirit world for allowing me to come back to life, I had to become a Spirit Detective. Kuwabara is in tuned with the spirit world, so he helps me out on some cases, plus he is like one of my best friends. Hiei and Kurama became my team mates when we worked on the "Saint Beast Project", they were ordered to work with me and then we kind of just became friends. So anyway, whenever I leave, or ditch you, it is because the Spirit World needs me, it isn't because I hate you or want to hurt you, but the fate of humanity relies on me."
I glanced at him dazedly. Keiko had told me that Yuske was a bit different, but this was just odd. I had to believe him though, even he could come up with something better then that. I continued crying, I couldn't stop the warm tears from running down my cheeks. I continued wiping some of them away but eventually gave up the battle.
"Thank you for telling me. I appreciate you letting me in on your life." I tried to force a smile and I hugged him closely. Looking over his shoulder I noticed that Hiei, Kurama, and Kuwabara were standing behind us.
"We are demons, by the way." Kurama said calmly. My frightened expression must have shone vividly on my face because Hiei stated,
"Oh poor human frightened? Frail, weak things!" Kuwabara hit Hiei half-heartedly on the arm and Hiei threatened him with a stern glance.
"Yeah Hiei is a fire Yoko, and Kurama is a fox." Kuwabara stated matter-of-factly.
"Thanks for the tid-bit Kuwabara." I smiled at him.
"I should get you inside, it is freezing out here. I'll see you guys tomorrow." Yuske said turning to the rest of the guys. He put his arm around me and he guided me up the walk to my door.
"Nice to meet you. Hiei, I hope your wounds heal, I will pray to Horus for you." I smiled sweetly and I could have sworn the fire demon blushed. Kurama waved gently and smiled. Kuwbara waved but much more enthusiastically.
"Well, I guess I will see you tomorrow. I am sorry I cancelled again." Yuske began to apologize, it seemed as though he had prepared a speech.
"It is ok. I see why you wouldn't want this getting out." I smiled at him and gently placed my hand on his cheek. "What happened to your friend Hiei, why was he so injured?" I asked out of general concern.
"Oh, I don't know. Hiei can take care of himself though. Don't worry about him." he smiled cutely. He leaned down and gently brushed his lips against mine. I kissed him back quickly, I was afraid my dad might be watching out the window. I then kissed him on the cheek.
"Good night Yuske." I smiled at him.
"Night Nyoko." He let go of me and I opened the door, I smiled again and turned to enter the house.

I lay trying to go to sleep. Yuske, and the story he had told, me kept running through my head. Why hadn't he told me before, didn't he trust me? His friends were fun too, why couldn't I have met them sooner? I then began to think of how sweet Yuske can be, when he gently touches me, or when his soft voice seems to call from beyond the realm of reality to comfort me. I rolled over on my bed, looking at the stuffed animal he had given me for my birthday. It was a big black teddy bear with a little white bow-tie. Hiei, why was he injured? Hiei wouldn't leave my thoughts. Was he really going to be OK? He was a demon, but, would that make him OK? Why are my thoughts clouded with this odd fire demon? I drifted into an easy sleep thinking of Yuske, but of Hiei too. Why were my thoughts plagued with Hiei?