Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Zinnia's Valentine ❯ Zinnia's Question ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]





The night was still a bit young. It was only 10pm(well, thats young to me. Is that not? Im nocturnal so that's young to me. lol). They entered Kurama's house. "Well, it's about time you 2 have gotten back."said Kuwabara who was sitting on the couch. Kurama then emerged from the kitchen.

"They've returned?"he asked. Hiei came out after him with a bucket of icecream and an icecream scooper. Yuske came from upstairs.

"Hey you guys are back!"he said. Zinnia smiled. She looked over to her brother with the icecream.

"Sweet Snow!"she screamed happily running over to her brother but Kurama took the bucket of the creamy goodness off of Hiei.

"No icecream, you two."he smiled. "You spoil your little appetites for dinner."he said sweetly.(aww...) Zinnia's ears lowered. Her eyes welled up with tears. She began to whimper. This wasnt working on Kurama but it sure was on Mitari for he stood there looking sad. "Put away those puppy dog eyes." Zinnia stopped. "You did that yesterday and it didnt work."

"Okay...."said Zinnia defeatedly.

"D-dont be sad, Zinnia."said Mitari trying to comfort her(aww...). "Im sure that whatever you're having for dinner will be really good." Kurama smiled.

"Guess what we're having, Zinnia."

"Cinnamon rolls and krispie cream doughnuts?!"she asked happily. Kurama smiled and hugged her.

"No, you silly little puppy. We're having spaghetti with meatballs." Zinnia became super happy now.

"Yay! I love spaghetti and meatballs!"she hugged Kurama. He smiled.

"And Yuske and Kuwabara brought cupcakes for dessert and Hiei brought icecream."he said happily.

"Yay!"Zinnia hugged each of her friends except Mitari. "You love you guys so much! It's like...uh....a Valentine's Day Eve party!"she said happily. Kurama smiled.

"My idea exactly, Zinnia." She ran upstairs.

"Im gonna go wash my hands for dinner!"she said happily. Now that Zinnia was gone everyone's attention went to Mitari.

"So how'd your date go?!"asked Kuwabara excitedly.

"It-It wasnt......a date."said Mitari slowly.

"Well, what did you do on your outing?"asked Kurama. Hiei's eyes narrowed.

"Yes what did you do?!"he asked with a threatening look. Mitari gulped.

"We just went out for pizza and then to the night club."he said nervously.

"Did you dance with her...?"asked with his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"Yes....."

"What kind of dance?"he asked coldly. Everyone stared at Mitari.

"Tango...."he said a bit embarrassed. Everyone bursted out laughing. Even Hiei snickered a bit as he removed his hand from the hilt of his sword.

"Yeah, but there's one part you left out, Mitari."started Yuske. He then wrapped his arms around himself making kissy noises. Mitari blushed.

"I...I....didnt-"

"That's enough, detective."started Hiei. "You best stop that before I cut off your head."he threatened. Zinnia came running back downstairs.

"Is it time to eat, Kurama?"asked the wolf demon happily. Kurama smiled.

"Yes, yes it is."

"Yay!" she instantly ran into the kitchen.


After dinner, everyone was in the living room watching Head Of State. Zinnia and Hiei were eating ice cream on the floor Kuwabara sat with them trying to steal Zinnia's icecream. Zinnia was in her wolf form. Kurama, Mitari and Yuske sat on the couch. "Ow!"screamed Kuwbara. Everyone's attentionw as now on him. "She bit me!"he screamed pointing at Zinnia who was snarling at him.

"That's because you keep trying to steal her food. You know Kuwabara, you should never bother a dog when they're eating."said Kurama. Zinnia nodded in agreement. Not only did they have icecream but they had cheetos!(Yum!) Yuske and Kuwabara ate up most of the bags. Two remained.....well...actually one.....Zinnia managed to snag one leaving one left. She picked it up in her mouth and offered it to Kurama. He smiled. "No, thank you, Zinnia. But maybe Mitari would like it."Zinnia blinked then looked over to Mitari. She sat the bag of cheeots on his lap. Mitari blushed.

"Th-thank you."

"Hey, I wanted those cheetos!"screamed Yuske. Zinnia snarled at him. He quickly shut up. Zinnia looked at the tv and noticed that the credits were rolling. She yawned. Hiei looked at her.

"Tired?"he asked. Zinnia nodded. She ran over to him and licked his face as she did yesterday then dashed out the doggie door.


Later, everyone was turned in for the night. Except Mitari. He laid in the sleeping bag wide awake thinking of Zinnia and the fact that Valentine's Day was tomorrow. Suddenly, the door opened. A figure stepped inside. A flashlight shined in his face. "Mitari?"asked a voice. He looked at the figure it was Zinnia.

"Z-zinnia?"he said nervously. She smiled.

"Yes, it's me."she said. "There's something I wanna ask you.......something really important..."her eyes met his.






Converting /tmp/phpLvsLjP to /dev/stdout