Zatch Bell Fan Fiction ❯ The mamodo that controls time and the hidden spell ❯ Another contender for king ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 1: Another contender for king
 
“Kiyo! Kiyo! Wake up, its time for another glorious day of school!” Zatch yelled, bouncing up and down on Kiyo's bed.
Kiyo raised his arm and hit Zatch off the bed.
“Now come on Kiyo, that's not nice!” The mamodo said with tears in his eyes.
“Oh come off it!” Kiyo snapped.
“Hurray! Your awake!” Zatch said, dancing.
Kiyo got out of bed, got dressed, and opened the door; he turned around to find his spell book on the desk. He starred at it for a bit, then realised he might not need it. He walked out of his room, followed by Zatch.
 
The two went downstairs; Kiyo sat down to eat while Zatch played with his “Volcan 3000”.
“Zatch, I want you to stay home today, Kiyo could use a day without you,” Said Kiyo's mother walking in, smiling.
Zatch seemed depressed, the nodded and bore a smile.
“Sure thing!” he shouted.
Kiyo leaned over to whisper to his mom.
“Thanks,” he said with a sigh.
He finished eating, and then left for school.
 
When Kiyo had finished walking to school, Suzy gave him the usual greeting. The two walked to their first class, and put their books on their desks. Suzy sat beside Kiyo.
“Suzy, can I borrow your math book,” Kiyo said as he reached over to grab it.
He accidentally knocked it over revealing an amber coloured spell book similar to his own that was now on top of the pile.
“Where did you get that!” he gasped.
“This?” She said pointing to the spell book, “I found a kid in the rain while I was running home from school yesterday. He was by the lake eating some fish…Anyway I told him he looked like somebody I knew…that Zack kid that hangs around you. After I told him that he begged to come home with me then gave me his book,” she explained.
“You told him about Zatch!” Kiyo shouted, “This is not good…”
“Zatch! That's his name!” Suzy said, laughing.
“Suzy, burn that book! You don't know what you're dealing with!” Kiyo said, panicking.
“Oh come on! This kid is like a little brother to me. If you can handle that Zatch I'm sure I can handle Hirosha,” Suzy said, convinced she was right.
Suddenly, a mamodo emerged from Suzy's backpack. His hair was similar to Kiyo's. H wore a pitch black T-Shirt, accompanied by pants of the same colour. His eyes were red. It seemed like a somewhat more humanized version of Brago.
“You called, Suzy?” He asked.
“Yeah! Kiyo, watch this!” She grabbed hold of him, and then opened her spell book, “Chronoshi!”
Suddenly, Hirosha's eyes started to glow; yet nothing happened.
“His eyes…they look just like Zatch's when I read a spell…” Kiyo whispered.
Suddenly, the mamodo's eyes returned to normal, as did everything else.
“Zatch Bell…” He said under his breath.
Kiyo acted as if he didn't know what he was talking about.
“Zatch who?” He asked.
“Oh you know! That kid you always hang around-“ Suzy was cut off by Kiyo's hand over top of her mouth.
“Do not speak lies, human. You know Zatch Bell,” Hirosha said.
“And if I do?” Kiyo snapped.
“Bring him to me…”
Hirosha's blood red eyes pierced through Kiyo's.
“Class!” Said the teacher, as he walked in.
Hirosha went and hid inside Suzy's backpack.
Kiyo shook his head, and then stared at the spell book on Suzy's desk.