Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero No Tsukaima Darkness Rising ❯ Kai's Camp ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kai Camp
 
The group continues to follow the path they have been traveling to the west trying to find Kai Tutor.
Rain looks at the faces of everyone in the group. Everyone except Haimere looks to have already been defeated. Hina and Airo have both been quieter than usual, Saito though not as depressed as before seems to find Haimere's presence draining, and Zion and Tabitha both are both have sullen looks on their faces.
'We need Seth, how am I gonna get Haimere to go back into the book'
Zion stops walking and signals for everyone to stop. He begins to look to both side of the road, the trees and shrubbery have made the area outside of the road almost impossible to see, “Who there!?”
Arrows begin to fly past the group in front of and behind with ropes attached to them. In a very short moment they are completely blocked from proceeding or retreating.
“Who dares enter my forest?” A man completely covered in knight armor emerges from behind a tree and walks up to the group. “Rain?” The armored man lifts the visor on his helmet and a familiar face is revealed.
“Kai?” Rain walks up to the border caused by the ropes, “Kai is that you?”
The man removes his helmet to reveal an unkept head of blonde hair and soft blue eyes. Kai lifts his hand and slices down. A group of lightly armored soldiers come out form hiding and remove the arrows, “It's good to see you Rain, where is that moron husband of yours?”
“It's a long story....”
 
 
The group is lead back to Kai's camp and Rain begins to tell the long and rather painful story of how the Holy Knights had gone to Tristain to get Saito and Louise. Then Zion married Tabitha, followed not long after but Louise's kidnapping. The story quickly goes from bad to worse.
Kai stands up, “I'm sorry to here that. Haimere it seems that you are on borrowed time. Though I must say that you are a much better sight that the foolish earth person.”
Rain shakes her head and glares at Kai, “When will you accept Seth? He hasn't done anything to you.”
Kai crosses his arms and looks down at Rain with a general disgust written on his face, “I will not accept him because he unlock Airo, hasn't learned his place. He never showed any respect to the nobles since he arrived in this world.”
“That is no reason to hate him.”
“I never actually said that I hated him.”
Haimere stands up and walks away from the group.
Zion gets up and walks over to Kai, “I think I'm gonna start setting up our camp, is it alright for us to set up in this camp?”
Kai nods, “Yes, of course you can, and don't worry about any enemies, I have guards posted at all times.”
Zion does a slight a bow, “Thank you Kai.”
The group gets up and follows Zion to the open square in the middle of the camp.
Rain walks up to Zion and starts setting up her tent and under her breath whispers, “You feel that?”
Zion keeps working on his tent but discreetly look across the camp, “This doesn't feel good.” He turns around and digs into his pack using it as an opportunity to look around the rest of the camp, “I can't see anything abnormal, but I feel like we shouldn't stay long.”
Rain nods and finishes putting up her tent, “We'll ask Kai to join us in the morning and then we'll leave.”
He nods and continues into his tent a muffled, “Good night.”
 
 
Haimere looks up at the moon as a single tear falls from his eye, “Luna, how I miss you.” As the tear falls from his chin it disappears. He continue to walk through the woods he notices a dying blue and white flower, “her favorite.” He bends down a slowly moves his hand over the flower and it slowly comes back to life, “If it were only so easy.”
“Maybe if you weren't such a failure then you could have brought her back to life. Now it is just too late.” A man in black armor similar to Haimere's is sitting under a dead tree, “It has been a very long time Haimere.”
Haimere squints and the figure begins to become visible, “Black hair, green eyes, don't tell you have a burn scar on your right arm.”
“Yes Haimere, it is me, Ryu, the void dragon.” Ryu's eyes seems to glow in the low light of the moon.
Haimere steps back and shakes his head, “No I defeated you already, you are dead.”
Ryu pulls out a small dagger with a dragon for the handle, “You aren't the only one who had the knowledge of soul sealing. Even my little brother Griffin knew the technique and it is my understanding that he did in fact use it to seal himself in his favorite sword.”
Haimere keeps his eyes on Ryu, “Yes, I had my partner put his sword with my book and wand.”
Ryu raises his eye brow and crosses his arms, “Yes and now some lowly thief has his soul inside of him, not that I truly care what happens to poor little brother.”
“I'm surprised, that you even call him little brother after what you caused all those years ago.”
Ryu smiles, “I'm not the one who killed our little brother.”
Haimere lunges at Ryu and grabs him by the collar of his shirt, “Don't you dare place the blame on me, I wasn't the one who filled Griffin's head with lies about our mission. Tell me Ryu when did you start referring to me as brother again?”
Ryu reaches behind his back and pulls out a long broad sword with a katana design. Haimere crosses his hands and a beam of light begins to grow between them until it fades and a blade has formed.
“Well brother, are you prepared?”
 
 
Rain opens her eyes, to the sound of people outside trying to walk quietly. “An ambush.....”