InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ Healing (Part 2) ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
 
Blood & Tears
 
 
Chapter 17: Healing (part 2) (Warning: Lemons in chapter)
 
 
Mama Higurashi was quiet as she drove Souta and Grandpa back home. Souta had fallen asleep in the car since he was up well past his bedtime. She wasn't sure what Jii-chan was thinking about. He might be sulking that his only granddaughter was going to marry a half-demon, and into a family of full demons, or he might be thinking about the fact Kagome was powerful enough to heal her own body, InuYasha's cracked jaw, and cause Sesshomaru's arm to grow back. Mama had been astounded at this turn of events as well. She had always suspected her daughter was not ordinary - but this went far beyond that. Kagome exhibited power that was the stuff of legends - something she would never have believed if she had not witnessed it herself. Mama was just starting to understand that some of those old scrolls with the unbelievable stories from centuries ago were likely about her daughter and the hanyou she loved. The names had been lost, but the similarities were undeniable.
 
Mama also had the dilemma of Kagome and InuYasha. She knew they were destined to be together, but had tried to keep their relationship a secret from the rest of her family and friends. Mama was certain it was one of the reasons that Kagome had become so depressed - the effects of the shot had just magnified the problem. The sooner they could be officially married and together the better. Mama also didn't want to find an irritable, embarrassed hanyou sleeping on the couch when she got up to make breakfast any more. In addition, she never wanted another scene like the one she had witnessed that night. Mama knew Kagome was passionate, and occasionally lost her temper, but Kagome was downright hysterical and paranoid when she crushed InuYasha into the ground. Mama did not need any special powers to feel the pain that was rolling off of both of them after InuYasha had stepped out of his brother's car and was slammed into the concrete.
 
Mama had been pleasantly surprised when InuYasha had reappeared with both the wedding bands and an engagement ring. As she suspected all along, Kagome had only needed to let him know what she wanted. Mama knew that InuYasha loved Kagome, and it had been obvious for some time that he would do almost anything for her. She hoped that Kagome and InuYasha would take more than just a couple of days to work things out now that Kagome's hormones were back in harmony, and she had realized the harsh reality of what she had done. Mama wasn't worried since she trusted Sesshomaru when he said the pair would be well taken care of. Kagome didn't have any assignments due until the end of the following week, so there was no real reason for her to rush back home. If Kagome called, Mama was going to suggest she stay wherever she was until at least Sunday - at least as long as everything was going well.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Kagome didn't know when InuYasha had carried her into the bedroom and put her to bed. She woke up tucked into his body with his arms wrapped around her, nose nuzzled into the crook of her neck. Wondering if he was asleep or awake, Kagome gently moved his hand from where it rested on her abdomen and slid it a little further south. If InuYasha hadn't been awake, he was now. He started stroking between her legs and she rolled toward him on her back and parted her legs for easier access. As he gently rubbed her, she reached down and grasped him in her hand and started caressing him with feathery touches. When Kagome knew he was ready, she backed up to him and threw her leg over his so he could enter her from behind. InuYasha slowly and gently thrust into her as they lay together on their sides. When he felt himself start to get close, he reached down with his hand again to apply pressure to help her find her release. As soon as Kagome started to writhe in pleasure, he joined her, thrusting hard one more time to fill her womb. InuYasha kissed her neck and shoulder as he fondled a breast as they lay there without saying a word, listening to their racing hearts start to slow down and return to normal.
 
Kagome was content to lie there in her hanyou's arms; she didn't want to lose his warmth within her or around her. The miko sighed in contentment as she felt InuYasha's warm breath on her ear as he nuzzled her neck. She placed her hands on top of her hanyou's and intertwined her fingers with his, holding them where they were. She didn't mind in the least that his left hand was over her breast and was gently stroking her nipple with his thumb.
 
Deciding they needed at least a shower before breakfast, Kagome finally got up and took InuYasha by the hand and led him to the bathroom. They repeated the previous day's activities, InuYasha washed Kagome's hair and she washed his, and then gently soaped each other's bodies. When the soap and puff had been set aside, Kagome pulled InuYasha's lips down to hers and kissed him. While their tongues dueled to obtain a place in each other's mouth, she reached down and grasped him and rubbed hard. InuYasha responded by picking her up and settling her down on him. With her hands on his shoulders and her legs around his waist, Kagome let him control their movements. She felt him fill her again as their motion stopped. With her hands tangled in his mane, she brought her face to his and kissed him, thrusting her tongue into his mouth with a passion she'd almost let get away. When they finally had to break for air, Kagome remained with her legs and arms wrapped tightly around her hanyou, with her face buried in the hair at his shoulder, like she would never again let him go.
 
InuYasha held Kagome like she would break if he set her down. He breathed in her scent as they stood under the shower, the results of their passion running down his legs with the streaming water. InuYasha finally brought her to his lips for another gentle kiss and eventually set his mate on her feet.
 
InuYasha was still holding Kagome, now with her head pressed into his chest with their arms wrapped around each other when he heard her stomach rumble. “Oi, wench, you need to eat.”
 
InuYasha kissed the top of her head as he reached and turned off the water. Reaching outside of the shower, he grabbed a towel for each of them and proceeded to dry her off. Kagome giggled and took the towel. She figured if they tried to dry each other off they'd never get out of the shower, and she was hungry.
 
 
It was later than they thought when they reached the most casual of the restaurants in the hotel. They had each dressed in jeans with a sweater. Kagome wore only her ring for jewelry. She had also bagged up their clothes they had worn to the hotel as well as what they had worn yesterday and sent it out for cleaning. While she wanted to do some more shopping at the hotel, she wasn't sure if InuYasha might need his sports coat again if he didn't want to buy a new one. Kagome did want to try dinner at one of the nicer restaurants in the hotel at least once while they were there, but knew you had to dress up.
 
After a late breakfast at the restaurant, Kagome was again ready for more shopping. She had decided she wanted to spend a few more days here with InuYasha, away from her family and where she didn't have to keep their relationship a secret. She led InuYasha back to the lingerie shop so she could pick up a couple more pairs of panties and some boxers for him. She also decided she would get them some pajamas so they could sit around in something comfortable if they wanted.
 
Once she had signed for her purchases and asked that they be delivered to her room, they headed down towards the shops they did not make it to the day before. She headed first into the men's shop. InuYasha needed a couple more outfits if they were going to be there a few days, and she thought she would get him another pair of shoes. InuYasha didn't complain in the least as she had him try on jeans, slacks, sweaters, shirts, and shoes. He didn't even seem to mind that everything she liked on him was in some combination of red, black and/or silver, except for the one sweater in royal blue, black and green. InuYasha did not care as long as his mate was happy, and he wasn't too uncomfortable.
 
Once InuYasha was taken care of, they headed to the ladies' shop next. While Kagome was looking around, InuYasha found a dress he decided she should try, a deep green halter dress with a fitted bodice and plunging v-neck that was about knee length. The bodice was adorned with beads and sequins the same emerald green as the dress. He picked up one he thought was in her size and took it to her. Kagome looked at it and grinned. She couldn't say no since he had tried on so many things for her, and it was certainly more than nice enough for her to wear to dinner. She took it along with a couple of other things she had found to try back to the dressing room.
 
When Kagome came out of the dressing room to show InuYasha the dress he had selected, he had to grab the nearest item to hold in front of the sudden tent that appeared in his jeans. There was his beautiful Kagome, with her breasts right there almost in plain view. Well, maybe not, but it sure seemed like it with that neckline. He wanted to rip the dress off of her and take her right there on the floor, but knew he probably would get sat for that, so instead, he blushed. Kagome took that as a sign he liked it and went back to try the other more ordinary pants and shirts. She also decided to get a pair of shoes that would work with the green dress.
 
Once Kagome had handed her purchases to the sales girl and signed the ticket, she only had one more place to go. There was a cosmetics shop and she wanted to get some makeup and facial cleanser because she didn't have any with her. Since she was tired and was ready to go back up to their room, Kagome purchased what she needed and carried it with her.
 
Kagome was so tired she stumbled as they were walking back towards the elevators. InuYasha just swooped her off of her feet and carried her. The manager ran out to see if there was anything he could do, but InuYasha told him she was just tired from all of the shopping and he was taking her back upstairs. InuYasha was certain she would be fine after she had some rest. The manager nodded and returned to what he was doing.
 
InuYasha entered their suite without further incident and set Kagome down. She told him she wanted to take a nap so she would be rested up for that evening and asked if he wanted to come with her. In response, InuYasha helped her strip out of her clothes and then he took off all of his as well. Pulling back the covers, he climbed into the bed behind her and once again pulled her protectively into his body. InuYasha was more tired than he realized, so he readily went to sleep with her, breathing softly on her neck in a slow, even rhythm.
 
 
InuYasha awoke to a familiar presence nearby. He heard a chuckle and looked up to see Sesshomaru standing in the doorway.
 
“Little Brother, why have you been buying clothing when you obviously don't need any?”
 
“Keh, Kagome wanted to shop. Who was I to tell her no?” InuYasha responded softly, his mate still asleep in his arms.
 
Sesshomaru nodded his understanding - he had indeed learned about women and clothes. Not just for themselves, they liked to dress everyone around them if they had the means.
 
“What are you doing here?” InuYasha spoke quietly, trying not to wake Kagome up.
 
“We checked to see if you had been out of the suite, and discovered you had been shopping. It appears you have bought some items suitable for a fine dinner and dancing. We came to take you out.” This time it was Kichou speaking. She had appeared behind her mate.
 
“Dancing?” InuYasha asked. He kind of understood what dancing was - but not how to do it.
 
“Can I see what you bought?” Kichou asked.
 
InuYasha nodded in response, he could feel Kagome starting to stir.
 
Kichou went to the walk-in closet and immediately saw the floor length red gown. She pulled the garment bag up off of it and came back out holding it. “Oh my, look at this!”
 
Sesshomaru looked at it. “It's beautiful, but where is she going to wear it?”
 
InuYasha answered, “Kagome said something about a formal winter ball on Christmas night. She needed something to wear since I told her I would go.”
 
“So what are you going to wear, InuYasha?” Sesshomaru asked, though he was pretty certain he knew. He had checked to see what they had purchased, after all.
 
Kichou had gone back into the closet to hang the dress back up after carefully pulling the garment bag back around it. She came back out with InuYasha's new tux. “I think this one is his.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded his approval. The two did have good taste, or at least Kagome did.
 
Kagome was finally awake though not totally coherent yet. She was still wrapped in InuYasha's arms, but thought she heard voices. “What's going on?”
 
InuYasha kissed Kagome's bare shoulder. “Sesshomaru and Kichou have come to take us out. He's going to give you the opportunity to wear some of your new clothes. He said something about a fine dinner and dancing.”
 
Kichou had now appeared holding Kagome's new green dress. “I think this will be appropriate for what we have in mind. Does Kagome have a coat? We will be going out and it's colder at night.”
 
Both InuYasha and Kagome shook their heads. Kagome didn't have one when they arrived, and they had not bought one since they had not planned on leaving the hotel.
 
Kichou responded, “I'll take care of it while you get dressed. I will be back in a few minutes.”
 
Kichou went out as InuYasha threw the covers back to reveal their naked bodies. Sesshomaru told them he would wait in the living room for them while they dressed.
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha. “He almost acts like he hasn't seen me nude before.”
 
“It hasn't been that long for you, but it's been five hundred years for him. Plus, I don't think Kichou is the type to share even if he did mark you. He would not want to give her the wrong idea,” InuYasha responded thoughtfully.
 
Kagome nodded. She'd forgotten how long it had been for Sesshomaru since they last parted the feudal era. It was just a few weeks ago to her.
 
InuYasha's clothes that had been cleaned had already been delivered back to their room, so Kagome suggested he wear those black pants and coat with the new sweater with the green in it they bought that afternoon. InuYasha agreed and went to get dressed while Kagome went to the bathroom to wash her face and put on her new makeup she purchased.
 
Kichou was back and waiting in the living area with Sesshomaru when Kagome and InuYasha emerged from the master bedroom. She stood and walked over to Kagome and handed her a small box. “I know you don't have any other jewelry other than what you wore here, so I got this for you to wear with your new dress.”
 
Kagome opened the box and looked at the beautiful gold dangle earrings and matching pendant. She said, “They're beautiful. Thank you, Kichou. I'll be right back,” and went to put them on.
 
When she reappeared, Kichou had her coat ready for her. It was a mid-calf length black leather dress coat. Kichou helped Kagome put it on as Kagome thanked Kichou again, and they were ready to go.
 
 
Everyone bowed to Sesshomaru and his party as he swept them out of the hotel towards his waiting limo. He had brought the larger car tonight so they could have more room and enjoy themselves.
 
First, Sesshomaru took them to another restaurant that Kagome knew people made reservations months in advance just to get in. As before, everyone seemed to know the Demon Lord and Kichou. They would drop by the table to pay their respects and Sesshomaru would introduce them to his brother and his mate. If they were human, he would introduce them as his brother and fiancé.
 
Kichou asked Kagome and InuYasha if they minded if she ordered for everyone. Kagome pulled InuYasha's hand into her lap and squeezed it as she told her that would be fine, though Kagome told Kichou that InuYasha didn't like anything with curry in it at all. Kagome did not want InuYasha to think Kichou thought he was not capable for ordering for himself. She whispered into his ear that Kichou had been there and knew the best things for them to try, and just wanted them to have a good time. InuYasha kissed her on the cheek to show he understood and relaxed.
 
They were enjoying one of the many courses that Kichou had ordered when Sesshomaru finally asked, “So Kagome, are you going to teach my brother to dance?”
 
The look on Kagome's face was priceless. She had wanted to go to the winter ball but suddenly realized that she didn't really know how to dance, either. She had missed every function of that nature since she had turned fifteen because she was usually either in feudal Japan, or home resting between trips. Besides she never had anyone she wanted to go with besides InuYasha.
 
“Don't worry. That's what we thought. You haven't had much time to learn yourself, so Kichou and I decided to help. You should enjoy at least one such function before you graduate. Between the two of us we should be able help you both,” Sesshomaru said.
 
InuYasha breathed a sigh of relief. He had been wondering about that ever since Sesshomaru mentioned it back at the suite. He didn't want to do anything to embarrass Kagome.
 
After dinner was finally finished, they lingered at the table a while longer before Sesshomaru announced it was time to move on. They didn't have to go far - the club he was taking them to was at the top of the building they were in.
 
“InuYasha, one word of warning. This may be a bit loud for your ears,” Sesshomaru said as they rode the express elevator to the top.
 
Loud wasn't the word for it. Even Kagome's ears were assaulted when they first stepped off of the elevator. It wasn't as bad once they moved away from the elevator. They had taken one that went directly from the restaurant and opened almost in the middle of the club, apparently near some very large speakers. Once they started towards a table on the other side of the dance floor, it was not as loud.
 
InuYasha had been squeezing Kagome's hand since they stepped off of the elevator. He tried to make sure he didn't squeeze so hard as to break her hand, but damn that music was loud. The hanyou discovered though, as he had at the movie theatre, if he relaxed he could start to adjust as long as they were not so close to the source of the sounds.
 
Kichou told Kagome and InuYasha to sit and watch for a few minutes. She wanted to dance with her mate before they started giving lessons.
 
Kagome sat back and watched in amazement at the couples on the floor - could either she or InuYasha do that? She was surprised when she saw Sesshomaru and Kichou. They were extremely graceful as they danced with each other. Kichou seemed to be enjoying her mate's new arm and was helping him put it to use.
 
After a couple of rounds with each other, Kichou and Sesshomaru came back and informed InuYasha and Kagome it was their turn. Sesshomaru held out his hand to Kagome as Kichou did the same to InuYasha. InuYasha decided it could be worse - his brother could be trying to show him how to dance instead.
 
Sesshomaru was telling Kagome to relax and try to feel the beat. The band was now playing a slow song and it was easier to get the idea as she swayed in Sesshomaru's arms. She started to release the tension from her body and discovered it wasn't as bad as she thought as she started to get the idea.
 
Not far away, Kichou was whispering something to InuYasha that had him blushing a deep red, but whatever it was seemed to get the message across. Kagome could see his body relax as he started to move with the rhythm of the music. InuYasha was as graceful as either Sesshomaru or Kichou when he let himself go.
 
The next song picked up speed and Kagome discovered she was having fun. If she was not so self-conscious about what she looked like, it wasn't so bad. She was starting to think she would have fun at the winter ball, after all.
 
Kagome was practically out of breath after the next song, so Sesshomaru headed back over to the table with her so she could sit. InuYasha and Kichou followed and joined them.
 
InuYasha looked at Kagome with concern. She saw the look and said, “I'm okay, just a bit tired. I didn't realize how much of my strength had been sapped the last few weeks. Let me rest for a few minutes then I want to try with you, okay?”
 
“You promise you'll let me know if you get too tired?” InuYasha asked quietly.
 
“Yeah. I'm having a good time. Just let me catch my breath,” Kagome answered.
 
“You two sit for a few minutes, I'm going to dance with my mate,” Kichou said as she stood up and took Sesshomaru's hand to lead him back out to the floor.
 
“InuYasha?” Kagome asked
 
“Keh?”
 
“What did Kichou say to you?”
 
InuYasha blushed as he said barely loud enough for Kagome to hear over the music, “She told me to imagine I was making love to my mate in rhythm with the music.”
 
Kagome blushed as well. “I noticed it worked. You seemed to get the hang of it.”
 
“It wasn't so bad,” InuYasha responded.
 
They sat together for a few more minutes until another slow song started. “You want to try?” Kagome asked.
 
InuYasha replied by standing up and offering her his hand. They went to the floor and wrapped their arms around each other as they swayed to the slow gentle beat of the song. When it ended, InuYasha reached down and gently kissed Kagome in the middle of the dance floor.
 
They didn't stay like that for long. The next song was hard and fast. Kagome decided to give it a try and InuYasha joined her. Kagome decided she did not really care what the two of them looked like; she was having a good time, and watching InuYasha's hair sway was almost hypnotic. As that song ended though, Kagome was covered in a fine sheen of sweat from her efforts and decided she had better go back to the table for a few minutes. She took InuYasha by the hand and led him over so they could sit back down.
 
A waitress came by and Kagome ordered a soda for each of them and water for everyone at the table. She was not sure what Sesshomaru and Kichou drank, and asked the waitress to return when they came back to the table.
 
InuYasha and Kagome were sitting and watching the others when a well-dressed young man came up to their table and asked Kagome to dance.
 
Kagome shook her head and told him she wasn't interested.
 
A second young man joined the first. “What's the matter? My buddy here not good enough for you? Why are you with that silver-haired freak? He has to be Hafu. Why don't you want a real man?”
 
Kagome had InuYasha's hand between hers and was stroking it, trying to keep him calm. “He is my fiancé, and he's more man than either of you two will ever be. You need to leave, now.”
 
The second guy responded, “There ain't no ring on your finger yet. Let one of us change your mind.”
 
Sesshomaru sensed trouble and looked over at the table - not good, InuYasha was slightly glowing red. He took Kichou and led her back to their table in a hurry.
 
“Is there a problem here?” Sesshomaru commanded. He towered above the two young men.
 
The second guy apparently either didn't have much sense, had too much to drink, or both. “Another Hafu. Why don't you go back where you came from and leave the fine women to us?”
 
Kichou stepped forward. “Oh, we're far too much for you to handle,” she said as she placed her hand around the offending male's throat and lifted him slightly off the ground, letting his feet dangle.
 
The guy was now not quite so cocky as he gripped Kichou's wrist with both of his hands, trying to pry himself loose. The first one who had approached Kagome just stared wide-eyed and wondered what they had gotten themselves into.
 
The waitress had come back with InuYasha and Kagome's drinks and saw what was going on and alerted the manager, who came over with another man who appeared to be security. He took one look at the guy dangling from the floor. “YOU! What are you doing in this club? You were banned for your unwanted attentions towards the ladies that come here!”
 
The manager turned to Sesshomaru and Kichou. “I'm sorry for this intrusion. It will be taken care of immediately.”
 
Another security man joined them, and he and the other forcibly escorted the two offending males from the club after Kichou finally set the one she was dangling in the air on the ground.
 
InuYasha had calmed back down as Kagome continued to rub his hand. At one point she had been rubbing his thigh trying to soothe him before he went ballistic. Kichou and Sesshomaru sat back down.
 
Kagome looked at the two of them. “Thanks for coming over. I really didn't want a scene but those two idiots would not leave.” Then she giggled. “The look on that guy's face when you picked him up was priceless.”
 
InuYasha looked at Kagome. “What's so funny? I'm the one that should have taken care of those guys, not Kichou.”
 
“You don't understand, InuYasha. Guys like those think women are beneath them. Having something like that done to them by a female is the worst possible thing that could happen to them in their mind. They were totally humiliated being dominated by a woman. Nothing either you or Sesshomaru could have done short of killing them would have the same effect,” Kagome answered.
 
Kichou nodded. “We have learned that is the best way to handle males like that. Otherwise they don't know when to quit.”
 
InuYasha finally asked, “What's a Hafu?”
 
Kagome replied, “It's slang for half-breed that's half Japanese and half foreigner. They were looking at your hair and assumed you weren't all Japanese.”
 
They sat in silence for a minute before Sesshomaru said, “InuYasha, I'm surprised you were able to remain in control of yourself.”
 
“Wha…what do you mean?” InuYasha asked.
 
“You were glowing red,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
“He was?” Kagome asked.
 
“Every youkai in the place was running for cover,” Kichou responded.
 
“I…I was angry they tried to get Kagome to go with them,” InuYasha said quietly.
 
“And you remained in control; you didn't let your youkai take over. That's a good thing, InuYasha,” Sesshomaru said.
 
“Keh,” Was all InuYasha had to say.
 
The waitress decided the coast was clear and came back to their table with fresh drinks. She also brought water for Kichou and Sesshomaru and asked what they would like. Sesshomaru ordered for the two of them and the waitress went to get it from the bar.
 
Kagome drank all of her water and half of her soda before another slow song came on. She turned to InuYasha. “Wanna dance?”
 
He nodded and slid out of the booth and took Kagome's hand and led her to the floor.
 
As they danced to the slow song, holding each other close, InuYasha said, “I think I understand now. When that guy said you didn't have a ring on your finger, he meant the wedding band, didn't he? Even though you have the engagement ring, you could still change your mind.”
 
Kagome pulled just far enough back so she could look up at him. “Don't worry, InuYasha. I'm not going to change my mind, but yes, that is what he meant. It isn't final until the wedding vows are said and the rings exchanged. Some people decide they were not really meant to get married and change their mind before then.”
 
“Can we tell your mother we don't want to wait? I want everyone to know you are mine,” InuYasha said.
 
Kagome reached up and pulled his lips down to hers. When she turned him loose she said, “I agree.”
 
 
It was late when InuYasha told Sesshomaru that Kagome was getting tired and they probably should go. His brother nodded in agreement, and the group headed for the elevator back down to the lobby of the building. They stopped at the coat-check counter to pick up the ladies' wraps, and after InuYasha had Kagome bundled back up in her new coat, they went outside to climb back into the waiting limo.
 
“Sesshomaru and Kichou, I really want to thank you for taking us out, and for everything else that you have done for us. InuYasha and I really did need the time alone and away from my family,” Kagome said, and then continued, “And thank you for taking the time to help teach us to dance. I didn't know it could be so much fun.”
 
InuYasha nodded in agreement, having had a good time as well.
 
Sesshomaru answered, “We could do no less. Kichou and I owe much of our happiness to you. Kagome, when I spoke to your mother she said that she would not make you wait to hold the wedding ceremony. Have you given it any thought?”
 
“InuYasha and I don't want to wait any longer than we have to. I had wanted to get married under the Goshinboku, but it will be too cold to hold the ceremony there until spring. My grandfather still is not too crazy about the idea, so I don't think he will allow us to use the shrine. I'm not sure what to do,” Kagome answered softly.
 
“May I make a suggestion?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
Kagome nodded, so Sesshomaru continued, “Talk to your mother about when you would like to hold the ceremony and reception. I will retain rooms at one of the hotels near the shrine for you to use, one for the ceremony since it is traditionally only immediate family, and then a larger one based on how many will come to the reception. You needn't worry. Kichou and I will take care of everything. You just need to decide what kind of ceremony you want and when you want to have it.”
 
“But…but you're doing too much. I can't ask you to do all of that for us,” Kagome said.
 
Kichou responded, “Kagome, it is thanks to you and InuYasha that I have had five hundred years of happiness with my mate. None of that would have happened if you had not helped show him the value of love and having someone to protect. Let us do this for you. It is the least we can do.”
 
InuYasha had been speechless during all of this. He still didn't know what to say. Sesshomaru could feel his discomfort. “InuYasha, it is the least we can do. I would never have given in to my own stubbornness if it were not for you and the miko. You alone taught me what Father had tried to. Only because of you, I finally understood what he was trying to tell me. We really want to do this for you if you will let us.”
 
InuYasha looked at Kagome and knew he wanted nothing more than to make her happy. “Keh.”
 
 
InuYasha and Kagome thanked Sesshomaru and Kichou again as they climbed out of the limo at the front of their hotel. Kagome told them she would call after she had talked to her mother and they decided when the earliest they could hold the ceremony would be. She did have family that would have to travel, and would need time for them to make preparations. Kagome also told Sesshomaru she wouldn't be ready to go back home before Sunday afternoon.
 
 
Kagome and InuYasha spent the next two days and nights with each other. They made love often, and decided they needed to christen every room. They did try to leave the suite at least once a day so that housekeeping could come in and clean up and bring fresh towels. They would wander through the hotel shops to browse and then eat in one of the many hotel restaurants. Otherwise, they just ordered room service and stayed in. They also slept a lot. Both of their bodies had been deprived of true restful sleep for several weeks and still needed a chance to catch up. Often they would wake up long enough for InuYasha to make love to Kagome, and then fall back asleep with him still buried deep inside her core.
 
Kagome had called her mother on Friday to let her know that they planned to come home on Sunday afternoon. Kagome also asked her mother if she would mind calling the school to get two tickets for her and InuYasha to attend the winter ball.
 
Kagome told Mama that she wanted to have her wedding as soon as they thought they could get it organized. Mama told Kagome she had been thinking the same thing, and would talk to her when she came home. In the meantime, Mama told her daughter she loved her, and to enjoy the time they were having together.
 
 
They were finishing breakfast in their suite on Sunday morning when Kagome finally decided to ask InuYasha the question that had been on her mind since that Sunday that Sesshomaru and Kichou showed up at the shrine.
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“May I ask you something?”
 
“What is it?” InuYasha replied, hearing the hesitancy in her voice.
 
“That day when Sesshomaru and Kichou first came to the shrine, and you went out to talk to him. What did you talk about? You seemed much happier when we came out to join you.”
 
“I asked him if he thought I could find a way to provide for you if you wanted to stay in this era. I know we could get by if we went back to my time, but I was worried about what to do if we stayed here. I even asked him about teaching self-defense like that policeman mentioned. I didn't really understand all of the papers that he had brought with him for me, either.”
 
Kagome had not interrupted, so InuYasha continued, “He told me to work on learning everything I could first, and then to decide on what I wanted to do, but if I wanted to do something like teaching self-defense, he could help me to set it up. Sesshomaru explained all of the papers he had brought for me, and told me that I really didn't have to worry about taking care of you since I had enough money from my share of the Western Lands. He said he would help me find a tutor when I had learned everything that you and your mother could help me with, and that I could even go to college if we wanted.
 
"Sesshomaru helped me to see that I could stay and fit in here if I really wanted to. It made me feel better because even though I'm more comfortable in the past, I also appreciate that you might want the conveniences of your time. I also don't have to worry as much about you getting hurt or killed here as I do in the past, and it's really not so bad now that I don't have to cover my ears up all the time.”
 
Kagome's response was to get up and straddle InuYasha's lap as she wrapped her hands around the back of his head and pulled him into a kiss. When they parted, she said softly, “I really do love you, InuYasha.”
 
Before he could reply, she thrust her tongue into his mouth again, and tackled both ears with her fingers. InuYasha cupped his hands under her butt and picked her up, carrying her to the bedroom as he kissed her. He stood her on her feet long enough for her to drop her robe before he laid her on the bed. Stopping long enough to shed his own robe, he crawled up the bed on his hands and knees with lust in his eyes and a grin that let his fangs peek out from behind his lips. Kagome gave a small shriek of pleasure as he dove between her legs.
 
First he just teased her by lapping between her folds until she was begging for more. She reached down to find a furry ear in each hand and started stroking as he delved deeper into her with his tongue. InuYasha didn't stop until he had her bucking off of the bed as he felt her inner walls convulse around his tongue. When the trembling finally stopped, he flipped her over onto her stomach and pulled her up on her knees. After he had guided himself into her, he took her by the waist and started to thrust. Kagome had her eyes closed and her head thrown back as InuYasha pounded into her. She thought only of her love as she listened to his grunts as their bodies slammed together. One of his hands had trailed back down so that he was trying to help her orgasm again with him. Kagome felt only intense pleasure as she felt the combined effects of his hand rubbing her fleshy bundle of nerves, his other on her belly as he thrust into her hard.
 
“InuYasha, don't stop, oh Kami…” she cried as her body started to orgasm.
 
Kagome was panting as she heard him say, “Oh fuck, `gome, aaaaaaaahhh.”
 
InuYasha had thrust into her, hard, one last time and then held still as he poured himself into her. He lay across her back, his chest rumbling, as he caressed her abdomen and breasts while he kissed the back of her shoulders and neck. Exhausted, they finally fell over onto their sides.
 
Knowing they couldn't really go home smelling of sex and sweat, Kagome wanted a good bath. Pulling InuYasha off of the bed, she headed to the shower to rinse off first. After stroking InuYasha hard again under the shower spray, she turned away from him and braced her hands on the wall. InuYasha entered her from behind and took a breast in each hand as he thrust into her. As he exploded into her again, he pulled her body up to his and kissed his mark as he continued to massage her breasts. Kagome threw her arms back around his head and tangled her fingers in his hair until he finally started to slide out of her.
 
Washing their immense amount of hair was easier in the shower than in the tub, so they scrubbed each other's scalps and rinsed before they finally went and immersed themselves in the bath. InuYasha wasn't disappointed as Kagome straddled his lap as they sat in the water. She reached down to tease him until he was hard once again, and then settled herself down onto him. InuYasha didn't move at first. He was enjoying the sensation of filling her warm core with his hardness and brought her mouth to his for a kiss. He started moving into her as their tongues dueled for dominance and a place in other's mouth. They finally had to break apart to gasp for air as InuYasha sought his release with short, hard thrusts. When Kagome felt the heat from his loins start to fill her again, she wrapped her legs around him and held still as he pumped into her. Satiated at last, she pulled InuYasha's lips to hers, this time for a soft and gentle kiss. When they pulled apart, InuYasha wrapped his strong arms around Kagome and held her as close to his body as he could. They stayed that way until the bath water had started to turn tepid.
 
Giving Kagome one more gentle kiss on the lips, InuYasha rose from the water and reached for a towel. Kagome stood with him as the water started to drain away.
 
 
After eating a late lunch in one of the hotel restaurants, they were ready when Sesshomaru's driver showed up to collect them about mid-afternoon. Kichou had told them not to worry about packing. She would have everything brought from the hotel to the shrine for them. Kagome did make certain to retrieve InuYasha's credit card from the safe in the suite.
 
Mama came out to greet them when they arrived at the shrine. InuYasha and Kagome looked the happiest they had in several weeks. Mama walked between them with an arm around each waist as they went into the house. She had decided there were to be no more secrets. Now that they were home, it was time to tell Grandpa and Souta they were already mates.
 
 
To be continued…