InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ After the Ball ( Chapter 19 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha but I do own Kaminari, Kaiho, and the lovely Kichou.
 
 
Blood & Tears
 
Chapter 19: After the Ball (Warning: Lemons in chapter)
 
InuYasha set Kagome on her feet after the door closed behind them. Kagome fisted her hands in his mane and pulled his face to hers for a kiss. When they pulled apart, she flipped on the light to reveal their room. She should have known that a simple room with a king size bed wouldn't be good enough for them according to Sesshomaru. He had obviously upgraded their room, and they were once again in a magnificent suite. This one wasn't as large and grand as the one at the other hotel, but it was still very nice. At least it explained the room number. Only suites were on this floor.
 
InuYasha seemed a bit disappointed when she pulled away and told him she wanted to change out of her dress and clean her makeup off. However, the hanyou had to agree that it would be nice to change into something a bit more comfortable, preferably nothing at all. Kagome found her overnight bag where it had been left and picked it up to carry into the bathroom along with a robe to change and wash her face.
 
Kagome smiled as she flipped on the light in the bathroom. It had a large whirlpool bath with scented candles around it, waiting to be lit. She couldn't wait to make use of that, though she didn't plan a bath until morning.
 
While Kagome was in the bathroom, InuYasha opened his overnight bag and considered whether or not he should put on the pajamas he had brought. Deciding he hoped he would not need them, he stripped out of all of his clothing and put on one of the robes hanging in the closet instead.
 
Kagome had carefully taken off of her dress and jewelry and was wearing only her panties as she washed the makeup from her face and brushed her teeth. When she was finally ready, she took a deep breath and pulled the black baby-doll she had purchased at the other hotel out of her bag. She had not yet let InuYasha see it.
 
Kagome slipped out of her panties and slipped on the black lacey thong that came with it and then put on the translucent top with slim straps and dressed with lace over her breasts. It had a single ribbon tie closure in the middle of her chest, just below her breasts revealing her cleavage and then falling open in an inverted V from the tie toward the hem, revealing her belly button and thong. She stood in the mirror to appraise how she looked. She decided she needed a good mental picture because it was unlikely either part of the sexy garment would survive its removal from her body by InuYasha. She grinned at the thought and then put on the more ordinary robe provided by the hotel to hide it.
 
Kagome left the bathroom and set her overnight bag down and went to join InuYasha in the living area. He had crashed on the couch and flipped on the television while he was waiting for her. The hanyou had closed his eyes and was pretending he was asleep, but Kagome could see the smirk that slowly crossed his face when she entered the room. She took a flying leap and landed on top of InuYasha on the couch.
 
Lying on top of him, Kagome kissed him and then whispered in as sexy a voice as she could muster, “Don't you want your Christmas present?” as she rolled off of him and stood.
 
Kagome backed up a few steps to make sure he could see her as she dropped her robe to the floor.
 
The effect was rather immediate. InuYasha's eyes sprang wide open. Kagome tried not to giggle as she noticed his lower region had taken on a life of its own and was parting his robe to come out of hiding. Yep, she would guess that he liked it.
 
 
InuYasha had thought that he would show Kagome, going into the bathroom and taking so long and making him wait. He had tossed all the pieces and parts of his tux over a chair and put on only the robe and then gone to the living room to turn on the TV and sulk while he waited. Surely it didn't take that long to get undressed - he had way more pieces of clothing than she had to remove and was already naked under his robe and had been for several minutes. Deciding to tease her since she was making him wait, InuYasha turned on the TV and stretched out on the couch. He closed his eyes when he finally heard the bathroom door open, though he was having a hard time not grinning when his mate entered the living area.
 
InuYasha was a bit surprised when Kagome leaped on top of him - he hadn't expected that. He was more than just a bit aroused when he heard her throaty voice asking didn't he want his present. InuYasha opened one eye when Kagome rolled off of him and backed up. Just what was the wench up to?
 
`Holy Kami! - where'd she get that!' InuYasha thought as his eyes landed on his Kagome in this extremely sexy little black thing that was inviting him to rip it right off of her. His eyes opened wide as his lower region sprang to life.
 
InuYasha rolled to his feet and approached Kagome. “So this is my Christmas present?”
 
That and what's in it.”
 
InuYasha's response was to wrap his left hand around her into the small of her back and pull her to him as his right hand cupped her breast. InuYasha pressed his lips to hers as he thrust his tongue into her mouth and tweaked her nipple between his thumb and forefinger. Kagome responded by sucking his tongue as far into her mouth as she could while she rubbed against his body. Her fingers found their way to the belt of his robe and pulled it free, allowing it to fall to the floor and his robe to fall open. Kagome picked her right leg up and wrapped it around his thigh, trying to meld herself into him.
 
InuYasha's right hand slid down from her breast and around to cup her bare cheek in his hand as he pressed her even closer to him. His left hand slid down from the small of her back to grip her thigh where it was pressing against his and he picked her up and carried her to the bedroom.
 
InuYasha set his mate on the edge of the bed and went to his knees as he started to kiss, lick and nip at her bare belly and then pulled the tie to reveal her barely concealed breasts. He sucked first at her navel before licking his way up to her breast, which he teasingly started to circle with his tongue coming closer and closer to the center until he had finally drawn the nipple into his mouth, all the while rubbing the barely existent but wet crotch of her thong with his erection.
 
When he had finally finished torturing the one breast, the hanyou trailed across her chest and repeated the performance, all the while rubbing her core as she became more and more aroused.
 
“InuYasha! You're killing me. I want you so much it hurts!” she begged.
 
“Shhh, it's my Christmas present. I'll open it how I want to,” he teased, and resumed licking and nibbling at her breast while he rolled the other erect nipple under his palm and tweaked it again.
 
InuYasha continued his way upward and kissed and lapped at his mark before trailing back down to her breasts again. After making sure both nipples were standing tall from his attentions, he went back down to her navel again and then continued downward. He bypassed her warm and waiting core and went for her thighs instead, kissing and nipping gently at them as he worked his way towards the source of her arousal.
 
Apparently InuYasha wanted to tease even more than usual, because he still had not removed her thong. He had worked all the way around it, but not uncovered the treasure that it barely covered.
 
Kagome had her eyes closed with her head thrashing around on the bed at his attentions. She sighed when she finally felt him gently take the thong by both sides and start to lower it. She lifted her hips and legs so he could pull it off, and then spread her legs, inviting him in.
 
At first InuYasha went to his knees by the side of the bed and just buried his nose in her curls and took a deep breath. He then started to gently lap at her between her folds, making her thrust into him trying to get him to go harder.
 
“Patience, wench,” He said between licks. Just to drive her insane he started back towards her belly button and drug his tongue across it before going back to the hot spot between her legs.
 
InuYasha suckled and pulled her clit softly between his teeth, careful not to hurt her. When her hanyou could stand to wait no longer, he thrust his tongue up into her core as far as he could and held it, grinning to himself as he listened to her pant and whimper. He started to flick his tongue in and out, slowly at first and gradually picking up speed as he stroked her clit with the pad of his thumb of one hand while his other spread her apart. He started to pick up speed and drive harder as she started to cry his name, begging him not to stop. She now had her feet up over his shoulders and was bucking off of the bed as he brought her such intense pleasure. Even as Kagome found her release, InuYasha kept it up until she thought her body could take no more. His tongue deep inside her, he lapped up everything that came rushing out.
 
Once Kagome had finally relaxed, InuYasha started lapping gently at her until she was almost dripping again. This time he needed attention. Bringing her feet to his chest with her knees bent as he stood, InuYasha cupped her cheeks and entered her slowly. Once he had entered her fully, he pulled himself almost all of the way out and slammed into her again. Kagome couldn't really reach anything so she stroked his thighs as they passed back and forth through her fingers as he thrust into her. She closed her eyes as she listened to his grunts as he sought his release.
 
The miko was disappointed when she felt him withdraw, but not for long. InuYasha flipped her over on her stomach and pulled her up so that she was on her hands and knees at the edge of the bed. Still standing, he entered her again and started to thrust. Kagome started to help by rocking back into him. He was hitting deep inside her in this position as their two bodies slapped together. Kagome was sure she was going to come again, and begged him not to stop. He didn't stop, and reached around and started to flick her clit in rhythm with his thrusts. Kagome cried his name as she came again, and as her walls started to ripple around him, InuYasha thrust hard one last time to fill her womb. As he continued to pump his warmth into her, he lay across her back and growled, making her whole body vibrate. He reached around and took a breast in each hand as he lay across her, and gently stroked them with his claws.
 
When InuYasha felt Kagome's arms and legs start to tremble from holding herself up with him draped across her back, he gently pulled out and rolled her over onto her back. Somehow her top had survived everything and was still in one piece. Deciding he might want to see her in it again, he pulled her up to sit and gently removed it to toss it aside. Her body now totally bare, InuYasha lay Kagome on her back again and lay over her to kiss her. As their tongues dueled to gain access to the other's mouth, InuYasha felt her hand reach down and start to stroke him. In turn, he reached down and started to stroke between her legs again, dipping his third and fourth fingers in as his thumb and first stimulated her clit. When his mate started to buck into his hand he pulled out his fingers and slid into her. He continued working her clit in rhythm to his thrusts. It didn't seem to take long before they were climaxing together, crying each other's names. Both exhausted after the long evening of dancing before their lovemaking, InuYasha pulled them over onto their side facing each other, him still buried within her. The hanyou pulled Kagome's face to his and kissed her. Foreheads pressed together, they fell asleep.
  
~ ^~^ ~
 
In the suite across the hall, another silver-haired Inu was making love to his raven-haired mate. Kichou had reaped some of the rewards of InuYasha and Kagome's stay at the hotel that was not too far from their home when she and Sesshomaru had taken them there to get away for a few days. Kichou had insisted they stay in a suite nearby this Christmas night, just to see what would happen. As she suspected, Sesshomaru was still tied to the two by his mark and flashes of what they were doing went through his mind. Their deep passion for each other only increased his own. The Demon Lord could not help himself as he mimicked their motions as he watched his own mate writhe and cry out in pleasure. He had long ago discovered that fulfilling his own mate's needs just heightened his own passion and pleasure. Sesshomaru was also thinking after tonight he was going to need to rest up at bit before he and Kichou went to use InuYasha's Christmas gift to them.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
InuYasha and Kagome never slept for very long. One of them would wake and start to stroke the other. Often InuYasha would enter her from behind while they lay on their sides or sometimes Kagome would lay flat with a pillow under her stomach to give her just enough height for InuYasha to enter her and thrust from above. When Kagome would wake first, she would start to tease him with her tongue, running it up and down and gently sucking his head in as she passed by until he became hard again. She would lie on her side with her legs towards his head and parted so he could start to prepare her with his fingers, gently stroking her between her folds or leaning over and lapping at her until she was wet and ready for him to enter her again. Kagome seemed to find intense pleasure on her back with her legs either over his arms or feet up on his shoulders. She also seemed to love his hair tickling across her breasts as he made love to her from above. Whatever made her happy, InuYasha was willing to try. The sun was coming up when they finally both collapsed and fell asleep.
 
Kagome woke up around noon and went into the bathroom. After tending to her own needs, she brushed her teeth and then lit the candles around the bath as it filled with warm water. They were gently scented of lavender so she hoped it wouldn't be too much for InuYasha's sensitive nose.
 
InuYasha was lying awake on the bed, comfortable and not really wanting to get up. But when Kagome came out he followed suit and went in and brushed his teeth among other things. Grinning at the whirlpool bath that was churning the warm water that had filled it, he knew what was next.
 
He came out and said, “Oi wench, I assume we need a bath after last night.”
 
Kagome smiled. “I hope you enjoyed your Christmas present.”
 
InuYasha pulled her to him, kissed her and said, “Yeah, I did. Thank you.”
 
“InuYasha, I had a good time last night. Thank you for taking me to the ball,” Kagome said.
 
“I'm glad you did. I'm gonna have to thank my brother and Kichou for teaching us how to dance. I don't think it would have been as much fun, otherwise.”
 
“You're right; we both need to thank them. By the way, did you get the feeling that Sesshomaru isn't too far away?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yeah. I wonder what that's about,” InuYasha responded, though he kind of knew - he and Sesshomaru had been feeding off of each other's passions with their mates all night long. InuYasha couldn't pick up Sesshomaru's feelings as intensely as Sesshomaru picked up his and Kagome's, but he could still tell when he was making love to Kichou somewhere nearby. The hanyou hoped his brother was ready for another round when he and Kagome got in the bath.
 
InuYasha kissed Kagome and then led her to the bathroom. They rinsed off in the shower and then went and settled in the bath. It wasn't long before InuYasha was ready again, and Kagome sat in his lap, facing away from him. She braced herself on the sides of the bath so that InuYasha could thrust into her as he held a breast in each hand. Kagome relaxed her grip on the tub as InuYasha exploded into her and pulled her down so that he was buried completely in her. He continued to massage her breasts as he kissed and nipped her throat, shoulders, and neck up to her ears. Kagome finally placed her hands on top of his and settled down. InuYasha trailed one of his hands down her abdomen and then to her clit to start to toy with it while he was still inside her. It wasn't long before Kagome was bucking into his hand as she came, and her orgasm with him still buried inside her only made him hard again. InuYasha helped Kagome stand with him and she braced her hands on the wall as he thrust into her until he came one more time, flicking her clit the entire time so that her orgasm almost never stopped. Finally exhausted and fulfilled, they sank back into the bath for a nice, warm soak in the churning water.
 
Not really wanting to get dressed just yet, Kagome and InuYasha pulled on their robes after they climbed out of the bath and dried off. They were hungry, so Kagome called for room service to bring up lunch.
 
When Sesshomaru's driver came to collect them at 3:00 as planned they were satiated, content, fulfilled and very tired.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Across the hall, Sesshomaru was wondering how his brother did it. He decided it must be his youth. After all, Sesshomaru was a full demon; surely his little brother couldn't outlast him. And the there was Kagome - she was human. Not only did she keep up, she instigated half of their lovemaking. Sesshomaru just shook his head - it gave him a headache thinking about it.
 
Kichou just had a smile on her face. She was very happy and content. Sesshomaru having marked both InuYasha and Kagome did have its unexpected benefits.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Kagome and InuYasha were delivered back to the shrine dressed down from when they left. They were wearing jeans with a sweater when they came home from the hotel. The driver insisted on carrying their bags and formal clothes in for them.
 
Mama met them with a smile. “So how did everything go? Did you have a good time?”
 
“Kichou and Sesshomaru came with the car to take us to the hotel. They brought InuYasha and me Christmas presents,” Kagome said as she presented her wrist to her mother to show her the bracelet. She had worn her jewelry since she didn't have a box to put all of it in and felt safer with it on her person. Kagome then took InuYasha's hand that sported his new ring and showed it to her.
 
“My, they are beautiful,” Mama said as she led them to the kitchen to sit as she made some tea, and then asked, “Did you have anything for them?”
 
“Yeah, InuYasha did, but I forgot to ask him what it was. He said it was from both of us,” Kagome answered as she looked at her mate.
 
“Keh. It wasn't much,” InuYasha replied.
 
“The envelope looked like the one you gave Mama and me for the spa. Did you give them a day there, too?” Kagome asked.
 
“Sort of, but not exactly,” InuYasha said evasively.
 
“Okay, spill it, what did we give them?” Kagome asked.
 
“An erotic three-day couple's package,” InuYasha answered.
 
“Oh, my,” her mother replied while fanning her heated face.
 
Changing the subject, “So how did the dance go? Did you have a good time?” Mama asked.
 
“Yeah, we did. I was a bit upset at first. I should have realized that everyone assumed I was getting married in such a hurry because I was pregnant,” Kagome said.
 
“You heard them?” InuYasha asked. He was hoping she hadn't.
 
“It was kind of hard not to, but thanks to InuYasha, I don't think they all believe that any more. Besides, I think every girl there was jealous, except maybe Eri and Mari,” Kagome said.
 
“All of the guys were looking at you,” InuYasha added.
 
“They were?” Kagome asked.
 
“I told you they were,” InuYasha replied.
 
Kagome smiled. “Oh yeah, right after you kissed me in the middle of the dance floor to make sure they all knew I was yours.”
 
“Keh.”
 
“Well, you two, I am glad you had a good time, but now we can use some help. We're getting all of the year-end cleaning done both inside and out. We have a lot to do before New Year's Eve,” Mama said.
 
“Let us go up and at least change into something a little more appropriate for cleaning. We'll be down in a few minutes,” Kagome responded.
  
~ ^~^ ~
 
The next four days were spent cleaning the house and shrine from top to bottom. The Susuharai removed all stains, physical and spiritual, to purify the house and shrine and make it fresh for the New Year. Once the cleaning was finished, they started on the cooking to prepare the traditional dishes to eat during the holiday.
 
Mama made a trip to the market with InuYasha and Kagome to buy all of the things she would need to prepare the special dishes for the New Year. They also stocked up on any other items they might need since all of the markets were generally closed starting New Year's Eve, and wouldn't reopen until January 4th. Mama didn't want a hungry hanyou, or son for that matter, on her hands.
 
On New Year's Eve, Kadomatsu decorations of pine, bamboo and plum branches were placed at the shrine gates and entrances to the shrine itself and the house to welcome good luck. In addition new Shimenawa, the ropes with the zigzags of folded paper hanging from them, were hung to ward off evil spirits.
 
Kagome also told InuYasha he could wear his firerat from January 1st through the 3rd. The temple received a lot of visitors coming to pray for good luck or make their pledges for the year, and the entire family dressed in costume. Grandpa was busy checking his inventory to make sure he had plenty of items for people to purchase to make their New Year's resolutions with as well as new good luck charms. The old ones would be ceremoniously destroyed along with any old ones left by visitors to cleanse themselves of the previous year.
 
 
InuYasha was glad when January 4th finally came. Even he was tired from the constant string of visitors to the shrine. They had started before dawn on New Year's Day since viewing the sunrise was supposed to be a good and proper start to the New Year. They had been up late New Year's Eve because they had to be awake to hear the bells toll at midnight and eat soba noodles.
 
InuYasha's relief did not last long. He was getting married on Sunday.
  
~ ^~^ ~
 
Now that the New Year celebration was past, they had a wedding to prepare for. Since InuYasha already had the black hakama he would need for his wedding attire, they went to rent the rest of the traditional dress. On the way, they dropped his tux and Kagome's dress off to be cleaned. While Kagome probably would not need her dress for the day, InuYasha would need his tux when the couple went to change clothes during the reception. Kagome was just going to get him a white cummerbund and bow tie to wear instead of the red vest and tie.
 
InuYasha followed Kagome and her mother into the men's store, not knowing exactly what to expect. It was not as bad as he thought. It turned out the formal wedding attire wasn't too different from what he was used to wearing in the past. It was just mostly black instead. Once he had everything he needed to go with his black hakama, Kagome turned to the more modern dress. She told the salesman that InuYasha owned a black tux, but needed new accessories for it for the reception. She decided on soft white silk vest instead of the cummerbund. The sales man said that the soft white would work with either an ivory or white gown since it was not as stark as the bright white. Before long InuYasha had almost everything he needed for Sunday. The last thing the hanyou would need was one more traditional outfit to change into since they were expected to change at least twice during the reception, but neither of them saw anything there they wanted, so they decided to wait. They still had a couple of days, after all.
 
Kagome and Mama Higurashi did not want to drag InuYasha dress shopping with them, so they decided to take him and his formal wear back to the shrine. Before they went back out, Mama asked Kagome to come to her room. She had something she wanted to show her.
 
She closed the door and Kagome covered her mouth with her hand as she gazed on the beautiful silk uchikake. It had a deep red background with cranes, irises, peonies, and hydrangeas embroidered into it in pink, purple, lavender, light blue, green, white, and black. The shiromuku kimono that it was worn over was white. Her obi that Sesshomaru and Kichou had given to her would look beautiful with it, tied over the white shiromuku with the uchikake over the ensemble for the reception. Her mother had a white obi she would wear with the shiromuku for the wedding itself, and then she would change into the other obi and add the uchikake for the reception. Kagome didn't know what to say, she just hugged her mother.
 
“This was what I wore when I married your father. I had always hoped that you would want to wear it when you got married,” Mama said as she held her daughter.
 
“Thank you, Mama, I do,” Kagome replied through her tears.
 
Mama reached down to brush her daughter's tears away. “We just need to get you a western style gown and a bridal furisode for you to change into during the reception, plus anything you might need for your honeymoon.”
 
Kagome grinned - it might be nice to have another sexy outfit that would look good on the floor. She wouldn't need much; they were going to stay in their suite at the Four Seasons for a couple of nights before Kagome had to delve back into school work.
 
Kagome and her mother had come out of her room when there was a knock at the door. Kagome went and answered it and discovered Kichou and Sesshomaru. They had brought a gift for InuYasha this time. InuYasha came down the stairs to see what was up, and Sesshomaru presented him with a hakama, haori and kimono.
 
“This is for you. I know it is tradition for the groom to change when the bride does during the reception. This is for when she puts on a traditional kimono,” Sesshomaru said.
 
Kagome took the black haori and held it up. The outside was emblazoned with InuYasha's family crest in white, as was the kimono on the front and back. She opened it to look at the intricate hand painted lining. It pictured a massive Inu on a mountaintop, overlooking the valleys and mountains around it. The pattern was repeated several times in the lining, some of the pattern showed the Inu-youkai standing, and a different part of the pattern showed him flying. The hakama that went with them was black and white pinstriped.
 
“Sesshomaru is this…” Kagome didn't get to finish.
 
Sesshomaru shook his head as he replied, “That is not me, but Father in his true form. That is he as he watches over his Western Lands.”
 
InuYasha had taken the haori from Kagome and ran his hand across the print. He did not know what his father had looked like other than the brief glimpse he got when Sounga was cast into Hell. InuYasha had never seen even a picture of his father in his truest form, only his gigantic skeleton in his tomb.
 
InuYasha was still gazing at the print on the lining as he thanked his brother.
 
 
Kichou broke the silence, “Well ladies, are you planning on more shopping?”
 
“Kagome still needs her dress and kimono for the reception,” Mama replied.
 
“And you and I need a new kimono to wear as well,” Kichou added, and then said, “I hope you do not mind if I come along. Sesshomaru isn't much for shopping for women's fashions, and it is not as much fun going alone.”
 
Kagome grinned. She wanted her mother to have something new, but it was always hard getting her to buy something for herself. Now she had reinforcements. Plus with the two ladies together, they wouldn't have to worry about showing up in the same thing, not that it was likely, knowing Kichou's tastes.
 
Kagome and her mother each picked up their purse to follow Kichou out. Kagome kissed InuYasha goodbye and told him she would be back in time for dinner. They went out to find both the town car and the limo parked. Kichou said they were taking the limo; the boys could have the town car.
 
 
InuYasha had slowly walked up the stairs with the hakama, haori and kimono. He was still looking at the picture of his father on the lining of the haori. He had always wondered what he looked like. He knew of his immense size because of his remains, but had never known anything else about him. Some day, when he was ready, he would have to ask Sesshomaru to tell him about him.
 
InuYasha came back down the stairs to find Sesshomaru waiting for him. He gave his brother a quizzical look and Sesshomaru answered his unasked question, “I have something I want you to see while the ladies are shopping. Will you come with me?”
 
InuYasha nodded and followed him out to the car.
 
They were riding in silence when InuYasha decided to ask him something else he was curious about, “Sesshomaru, were you in the hotel the other night?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded. “You know I was. You could feel me just as I could you.”
 
InuYasha was still waiting for a bit more of an explanation so Sesshomaru added, “Kichou insisted we stay. She noticed that I could pick up on your and Kagome's passions when you were in our suite at the other hotel. She wanted to stay closer to you to see what would happen.”
 
InuYasha just grinned so Sesshomaru continued, “I was concerned that Kichou might become upset or jealous after we came to see you at the shrine that first time, and then especially after you were at the hotel for a few days to get away and it was obvious I could still pick up on your feelings. It turned out I was worried about nothing. Instead, she has been putting the side effect of my ties to you two to use for her personal pleasure. I told her I need a good rest before we use your Christmas gift.”
 
InuYasha smirked as he nodded his understanding, and then asked, “Are you going to tell me where we are going?”
 
“Not until we get there, Little Brother.”
 
The car pulled into the parking garage of a very tall building and parked in a private parking place. The chauffeur opened the door and Sesshomaru got out, followed by InuYasha. InuYasha noticed the security in place in the garage, and then the lobby as they went to a private elevator to the penthouse. Sesshomaru punched a code into a keypad above button panel as he selected the top floor. The elevator opened into a short hallway with another door with a keypad by it. Sesshomaru punched in some numbers that opened the door and he ushered InuYasha in.
 
InuYasha just turned in a circle as he looked at the apartment. It had an open floor plan except that the bathrooms and bedrooms had walls and doors. Otherwise, it was a large open space where one room flowed into the next. The entire floor was surrounded by windows that looked out onto Tokyo. They were tinted so that while they could see out, no one could see in.
 
“Where…where are we?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Do you remember my telling you that you owned a building of upper-class apartments with a penthouse at the top? This is it. You might want to consider moving out of the shrine after you and Kagome are married. If not now, at least as soon as she finishes school. Have you two talked about that yet?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
InuYasha shook his head. “Not yet. As much as I like her mother, I would not mind getting out of the house. It's…it's difficult…” He couldn't finish his thought.
 
“Its difficult making love to your mate knowing the entire house is listening,” Sesshomaru finished for him.
 
InuYasha just nodded. “I'll talk to her. Do you think we could bring her here? It will be easier to show her than try to explain it.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded in return. “Let me show you around while we are here.”
 
Sesshomaru showed InuYasha around the apartment. There were three bedrooms that shared two full baths in addition to the master bedroom with a stunning bathroom full of real greenery that gave it a woodsy odor. It also had a rather large walk-in closet. One side of the apartment had a terrace that ran alongside it for the length of the building. It too was decorated with plants and had a fountain that looked like a waterfall that spilled into a heated pool that then ran into a stream that ran the length of the patio. It was finished in natural rock and looked like it had been plucked off of the side of a mountain.
 
Sesshomaru then led him up a staircase to the roof. It had a track built on it where InuYasha could run and worry only about helicopters spotting him. It even had obstacles if he wanted to leap and jump over things. InuYasha looked longingly at it and Sesshomaru just nodded his head. InuYasha was wearing the sweats and sweatshirt he had changed into after shopping, so he bared his feet and took off running. It wasn't the same as running through the forest, but the immense span of the roof gave him room to just run. The wind was kicking up pretty good at the top of the high building, and InuYasha relished it as he ran the obstacle course with the wind blowing his mane. He would definitely have to talk to Kagome about living here.
 
Sesshomaru watched his brother run. He knew InuYasha loved Kagome, but did not want him to lose that wild quality he had about him. It would be boring if InuYasha became too civilized. While this wasn't the same as the forests of the past, at least here he could run to his heart's content without worry of being seen.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Kagome should have known that Kichou had something special planned. They were headed to an exclusive shopping district that Kagome only knew about. She had never been there and was not even sure her mother had. The driver dropped them off at a shop that appeared to specialize in wedding attire. Kagome didn't know where to begin when she walked in. They had western wedding gowns as well as many colorful kimonos and anything else you might need for a wedding and reception. They also had many tomesode kimonos appropriate for the mother of the bride and for Kichou as well.
 
Kagome decided to start with the bridal furisode. She would not get to wear a traditional furisode when she turned twenty because she would not be single and available. The bridal furisode was traditionally the third change worn at the reception, so she started looking through the brightly colored kimonos. She found one she liked that was bright red with cranes, pine trees, and chrysanthemums in a combination of bright colors that she thought would contrast nicely with InuYasha's black hakama and haori.
 
Mama Higurashi and Kichou were looking at kurotomesode. The formal black kimono came with a variety of brightly colored patterns embroidered, dyed, or hand painted on the skirting. Mama found one she liked with a pretty pattern of camellias embroidered onto it. Kichou found one she liked that had a hydrangea and bird motif embroidered onto the skirting in bright colors.
 
Once they had all made their choice of the formal kimono, it was time for Kagome to find a western style wedding gown. It had become a tradition to change into a white wedding gown during the reception. Kagome had no idea there could be so many variations of a white dress. She ended up selecting a strapless ivory silk gown with beautiful flower detail with beading on the bodice. The dress had matching detail on the skirt in a soft inverted V that started above the left knee and flowed out towards the hem of the skirt. The flowers worked in with the beading were pink and lavender. Kichou and Mama both declared she was beautiful in it, so she decided she would not try any more. She could be there all night if she tried even a quarter of the dresses that they had there.
 
Kichou arranged for all of their new clothing to be delivered to their suites at the Four Seasons the morning of the wedding. She also made sure that Kagome had everything else she would need, including the bridal hood and hair ornaments, traditional fan, hakoseko bag and the small covered kaiken sword the bride carried. While they were there, Kichou made arrangements for two ladies to come to the hotel before the wedding to help with dressing them, hair and makeup. They would stay through the reception to help Kagome with her several changes in dress.
 
Once they had everything they thought they could possibly need in the bridal shop, Kichou led them out the door and to the next shop, which conveniently was full of lingerie. Kagome blushed at the thought of purchasing one of these in front of her mother.
 
Kichou said softly to Kagome so her mother couldn't hear, “So, have you worn the one you bought at the hotel yet?”
 
Kagome nodded. “That was InuYasha's Christmas present.”
 
Kichou grinned. That explained a lot.
 
It didn't take long for Kagome to find what she wanted. They had an ivory silk chemise with an embroidered lace top. It had a matching wrap that tied in front. She went and tried it on, and hoped that InuYasha would be as careful with this one as he was with the other. Hopefully, he would want to see this one on her more than once, too. She found a thong to match it, and started to the counter with her selection. Kichou took it from her and carried it over to pay for it. It looked like Kichou had been shopping as well.
 
Kichou looked over at Kagome and said, “Well, Sesshomaru and I do have your Christmas present. I want to be prepared.”
 
The car came to collect the three of them and take them back to the shrine.
 
Once they were on their way back Kichou asked, “Whom did you send wedding reception invitations to?”
 
Kagome looked at her and replied, “Well, I gave them to my classmates and teachers at school. That was about forty people or so. What did you send out, Mama?
 
Mama answered, “Well, to be polite I had to send them to all of our relatives, though I did not expect even half of them to attend. They would have to travel and then have the hotel stay. I thought maybe thirty of them might come.”
 
Kichou smiled - she and Sesshomaru had not told them they were picking up the tab for the hotel rooms. She had hoped that it might get some of their relatives that they rarely or never saw to come.
 
“As of right now, we have had nearly three hundred of them RSVP. Of course some of those are families of three or four in addition to all of the couples. It appears that no one is coming unattended.”
 
Mama just looked shocked. “That must mean that just about everyone we invited is coming.”
 
Kagome's mouth dropped. “Everyone?”
 
“Everyone,” Kichou responded.
 
 
To be continued…