InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ Recovery ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha but I do own Kaminari, Kaiho, and the lovely Kichou.
 
AN: Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to leave a review. They help to inspire me to keep writing.
 
 
Blood & Tears
 
Chapter 24: Recovery
 
The three sat in silence as they watched over Kagome and Sesshomaru. Mama left the room long enough to use the other phone to call home and tell Jii-chan that he was on his own for lunch and to please look after Souta after school. When he tried to question her, Mama just cut him off and told him she would try to explain later. She then went and pulled three bottles of water from the refrigerator and returned with them, handing one each to Kichou and InuYasha and keeping the third for herself. Even though the two were making sure that their mate's lips did not become parched, Mama was afraid they would allow themselves to dehydrate.
 
It was early afternoon when Mama also took it upon herself to call down to room service. She asked them to bring up some soup and salad as well as an assortment of sandwiches they could munch on. Mama could not get either InuYasha or Kichou to leave the bedside longer than it took to take care of their personal needs in the bathroom, so she fixed a plate and brought it to each of them. InuYasha and Kichou both thanked her quietly as she handed them a plate. Mama then went and fixed one for herself and returned to the bedroom as well.
 
At some point Kichou's driver had gone home and returned with a bag of clothes for Kichou and Sesshomaru. Kichou knew he was coming and went to the door to meet him. Their head of security was there with him and asked if he could come in. Kichou nodded and allowed the two to enter.
 
The two arrivals both became rigid when they realized that Mama Higurashi was in the bedroom with their Lord, whose concealment had been removed along with his clothing. Kichou quietly told them to relax, it was Kagome's mother and she knew all about them. Not even their most trusted staff knew that Sesshomaru and Kichou had revealed themselves to the family not just once, but twice. In fact, before last night, they did not even know that Kagome was the reason Sesshomaru had his arm back. They nodded their understanding and then proceeded to update Kichou with everything they had found out so far. Kichou asked the driver to please leave her bag in the other bedroom, and thanked them for coming. She then called the desk downstairs to let them know they were still using the suites on this floor, and to charge them for at least two more nights, though they might need more. Kichou was certain that Sesshomaru would recover within a day or two thanks to Kagome, but she had no idea how long it would take before the miko would finally wake up.
 
Kichou also called housekeeping and asked for a specific maid to be sent to the room. She had known the girl from before her employment at the hotel and knew she was discreet and trustworthy. Kichou would have hired her for their own staff except that all of their employees were live-ins, and the girl had a family to take care of. Kichou would tip her well for taking care of this suite while Sesshomaru and Kagome remained unconscious.
 
Kichou returned to the bedroom to find InuYasha and Mama both blushing and not really certain what to do. Sesshomaru had rolled over on his side and pulled Kagome into his body in the same fashion that InuYasha usually did when they slept. Sesshomaru and Kagome were both still out cold and neither was aware of their actions; however both Kichou and InuYasha could feel Sesshomaru's need to protect Kagome.
 
InuYasha finally spoke, “That's the way he took care of both of us after she had been raped. He would tuck her into his body and then me in front of her. It was the only way we could keep her warm after she lost so much blood. I think he's doing the same thing again.”
 
Kichou nodded. “I think you are right. Can you feel anything from Kagome?”
 
“Just that she is so very tired and needs to sleep. I think that's what Sesshomaru is responding to, the need to keep her safe and warm,” InuYasha replied.
 
InuYasha was also thinking it was probably a good thing that Mama did not know that Kagome was practically naked and that his brother was naked under the covers. InuYasha wasn't sure how Mama would react to that.
 
At least the fact that Sesshomaru had finally moved was a good sign. Fortunately, Kichou did not fret over her mate being naked in bed with a former partner. After what Kagome had done for her mate, anything that might help her recover was acceptable, though Kichou was going to suggest that if Sesshomaru turned loose of Kagome InuYasha should climb in behind her and hold her. But for the time being Kichou was not really concerned - there weren't any signs of arousal from either of them, only the need to heal.
 
 
It was late afternoon and Mama was torn with what to do. Kagome was here, but Souta was at home with Grandfather.
 
InuYasha could smell her anxiety and said, “You should go home for tonight. We'll call you if anything changes, but it does not look like anything will happen before morning. They both need to sleep so their bodies can heal. I know Souta needs someone to fix his dinner for him.”
 
Mama looked at InuYasha. “What about you two? You're busy taking care of Kagome and Sesshomaru, but neglecting yourselves. You promise you will get something to eat and drink and not get sick?”
 
InuYasha and Kichou looked at her and nodded; they knew she was right.
 
“You both need to get some sleep too, even if just for a little while. You look terrible,” Mama added.
 
InuYasha and Kichou looked at each other this time - Mama was right again, they looked awful.
 
Mama kissed InuYasha on the forehead. “I will come back in the morning after Souta goes to school. If nothing has changed, at least I can help you watch and you can get some sleep then if you don't tonight. All right?”
 
InuYasha looked at Mama. “Thank you. Thank you for coming.”
 
Mama hugged InuYasha. “How could I not? She's my only daughter. I will see you both in the morning.”
 
Mama put on her coat with InuYasha's help and he walked her to the door. She waved at the plate of sandwiches still there. “Remember to eat and drink plenty of water.”
 
“Keh,” InuYasha said as Mama went out the door.
 
 
Mama was thoughtful as she went down the hall towards the elevator. She did not really understand the complete trust that the four seemed to have with each other. Mama was pretty certain that Kagome and Sesshomaru were wearing little if anything under the covers, but neither InuYasha nor Kichou were upset when Sesshomaru folded her daughter into his body. Mama remembered that Kagome told her that Sesshomaru had marked her as a member of his pack under his protection. She was coming to the conclusion that demons were far more complicated in their actions than humans even were.
 
Before she knew it, Mama was in the lobby and the driver was waiting for her. Mama assumed that Kichou must have let him know she was coming down. He bowed to her as he opened the door to escort her out and then into the car. They were both silent during the drive back to the shrine.
 
 
InuYasha put some sandwiches for each of them on a plate and carried them back to the bedroom.
 
Kichou took the plate from him and said, “She is an amazing woman, isn't she?”
 
“Kagome's mother? Yeah, she is. You know the very first time I saw her I had stormed through the well to get Kagome to come back with me. Kaede had been injured and only Kagome would be able to see the hairs of the demon we were dealing with. Her mother came right up to me and just rubbed my ears to see if they were real. Mama Higurashi had never seen a hanyou before, but was not the least bit afraid of me. She has always welcomed me into their home.” InuYasha stopped and looked at the sleeping pair. “I wasn't sure how she would react when Sesshomaru rolled over and pulled Kagome to him, but she didn't panic or become outraged. Sometimes I think she either knows or understands far more than she lets on.”
 
InuYasha added, “Kichou, are you okay with this? I'm sure all they are doing is sleeping.”
 
Kichou nodded. “All I can feel from Sesshomaru is the desire to protect Kagome, though I would not have a problem with it if you took his place if he ever turns her loose.”
 
InuYasha actually almost smiled. “I understand." Then he asked, “What did you find out when the head of security came by?”
 
“A couple of the guys they caught gave them the names of the others they knew were in league with Honoo. They have rounded most of them up and are after the last two. They were trying to identify the two that were here with him as well to make sure there are no loose ends. Once everyone is captured, they will all be taken care of. The two that gave up the information will have a much quicker and less painful death. Sesshomaru and my father will make it clear that this type of action will not be tolerated. I still cannot believe my uncle was plotting to kill both my mate and my father. It is even harder to believe that it goes back to before Sesshomaru claimed me as his. Was that when you were at the castle with Kagome?”
 
InuYasha looked up, he wasn't expecting that question, but nodded. “It was just before I claimed Kagome as mine. She felt the presence of a jewel shard in the area before we reached the castle. At first we thought it was a weasel named Doki that Rin had overheard plotting with someone else. When we went out into the gardens to lure them out Doki was there, but he didn't have the jewel shard. It turned out that Tougai had it. He said just about the same thing that Honoo did last night, that Sesshomaru was weak and a disgrace for bringing me and Kagome home with him, not to mention he wanted the rest of the Shikon Jewel that Kagome carried.”
 
“What happened?” Kichou asked.
 
Sesshomaru went after Doki and his pack of weasels while your father went after Tougai. Both Tougai and Kaminari had transformed to their true forms, but Tougai had the upper hand because of the jewel shard. It helped his body repair itself almost as fast as the injuries could be inflicted. Kagome could not shoot him because she was afraid she might hit Kaminari instead. Then Tougai managed to toss your father aside and came after Kagome.”
 
“What did you do?”
 
“I was having the same problem Kaminari did - his wounds would seal almost as soon as I struck him. Then he made the mistake of taking a swipe at Kagome and sent her flying.” InuYasha was making Kichou pry this story out of him.
 
“Was she hurt?”
 
“She was banged up a bit, but okay. Unfortunately for Tougai, her scream awakened my youkai blood.”
 
Kichou looked patiently at InuYasha, waiting for him to continue and then finally asked, “What do you mean?”
 
“I had not taken Kagome as my mate yet, but apparently my youkai understood she was to be. When she was hurt, I dropped Tessaiga and went after Tougai with my bare hands.”
 
“Your bare hands? And he was still in his true form?”
 
“Keh. Kagome had told me that the jewel shard was embedded in his topskull. I knew I had to remove that first, so I tore the top of his head off. Once that was done, I ripped his throat out,” InuYasha said quietly.
 
“Wow,” Kichou said. She now understood why Sesshomaru was so concerned regarding InuYasha when Kagome was in heat. She had no idea that he could do that kind of damage.
 
“You did not go after anyone else?” Kichou asked softly.
 
InuYasha shook his head. “Sesshomaru was smart and kept the others from moving so they would not be considered a threat. Kagome called me to her and was able to get me to revert back to normal. Since the danger was past, I returned to my usual hanyou self.”
 
“What do you look like when you are a full youkai?”
 
“My claws and fangs grow longer, I have markings on my cheeks and my eyes turn red with blue pupils. I don't totally change into another form like Sesshomaru does. One of my problems is that I do not really know who I am or who my allies are when I transform, but for some reason I have always seemed to know Kagome. She has never been afraid of me even when I thought she should. Taking her as my mate and then mating with her when she was fertile were the first times I've ever been able to keep control. I was able to turn my youkai loose enough to help me through it, but not turn into the bloodthirsty killer I have been before when my youkai blood took over to save my own life, or Kagome's. It's still not something I want to fool around with.”
 
Kichou was silent as she processed everything that InuYasha had told her. She had heard the talk around the castle after Tougai was killed, but she always thought they were exaggerating. It turns out they may not have given InuYasha enough credit. An Inu-youkai in its true form was a formidable opponent, yet InuYasha had killed Tougai with his bare hands. No wonder her mate had decided that in the long run, InuYasha was a much better ally than enemy.
 
“InuYasha, thank you for telling me. I know it was not easy.”
 
InuYasha just nodded. Kichou was his brother's mate. InuYasha thought she should be aware of what he was capable of.
 
“InuYasha, would you like me to order something fresh, maybe something hot for dinner?”
 
“Yeah. The noodles with chicken are pretty good. You could order some of that for me,” InuYasha looked at Kagome as he said it. He knew she would giggle if she were awake. He was hoping that she would.
 
 
InuYasha and Kichou had half followed Mama's advice and dozed off in their respective chairs. Sometime in the middle of the night Sesshomaru started to stir.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Sesshomaru!” InuYasha and Kichou both cried. They had immediately wakened when they heard him.
 
Sesshomaru had not yet moved from where he was, with his arms wrapped around Kagome's small frame. “Why am I in bed with the miko?”
 
Kichou reached over to stroke her mate's hair. “We put you in the same bed so it would be easier for us to keep watch over both of you. During the day, you rolled over and pulled Kagome to you. You have been that way ever since. InuYasha and I could both feel your need to protect her.”
 
Sesshomaru started to disentangle himself from Kagome. He was surprised that Kichou was so calm about this considering he just realized he had nothing on, and Kagome had only her panties.
 
“What happened?”
 
“Hang on a minute, Sesshomaru.”
 
Kagome had immediately reacted to the loss of warmth when Sesshomaru pulled away from her. InuYasha took Kichou's advice from earlier and stripped out of his pajamas to crawl under the covers with his mate. First he carefully rolled her over so she was facing Sesshomaru and Kichou, and then slipped in behind her. InuYasha pulled his mate to him and wrapped his arms around her, aware that Kagome was snuggling back into him even though she had not awakened.
 
“Okay, I think we're set,” InuYasha said.
 
Sesshomaru carefully sat up in the bed and rubbed his chest where he had been shot. “Now are you going to tell me what happened?”
 
Kichou was rubbing Sesshomaru's hand between hers. “Honoo pointed his gun at you and you threw the youkai you were holding at him. At the same time, Kagome lunged for Honoo but the gun went off before she reached him. She purified Honoo and then the youkai you had hurled at him when he went for the gun, but you had been hit by the shot and fell to the floor. Kagome healed you enough to stop the flow of blood and even forced the bullet out of your body. Then she passed out next to you. Kagome has been asleep ever since.”
 
“The miko did all of that?” Sesshomaru asked quietly. He could also tell his brother was upset with this retelling of the story.
 
“InuYasha, what is it?”
 
InuYasha had closed his eyes tight, trying to hold the tears back and not cry in front of his brother. Kichou looked at him with Kagome clutched in his arms and decided to answer for him, “He does not know how Kagome could have purified those two demons without purifying their pup. He is worried about how it will affect her if that happened.”
 
Sesshomaru reached over and stroked his brother's hair. “InuYasha, I think she is all right. I think that is one of the reasons I pulled her to me. I felt the need to protect not just her but her pup while she was unconscious. Kagome needs one of us to hold her to help her replenish her energy. Not just hers, but she's needs to be surrounded by youkai energy for the pup. It is your pup, but since I am your brother, I can help.”
 
InuYasha finally spoke, “Are…are you sure? How could that be? All I could pick up from her was how tired she is.”
 
“I cannot be one hundred percent certain, but I am fairly positive that she is still pregnant. How she did it, I have no idea, because you were right, normally the amount of energy used to purify a demon directly would purify anything not human that was in contact with her when she did it. We will just have to wait for her to wake up and find out. I think I was able to pick up her need for youkai energy because I was the closest to her. You would have felt it if you had been in bed with her rather than watching over her.”
 
InuYasha kissed Kagome on her shoulder as he held her tight. He hoped his brother was right. Feeling some relief for the first time since the incident, InuYasha snuggled his nose into Kagome's neck and fell asleep.
 
 
Sesshomaru climbed carefully out of the bed and held Kichou as she threw her arms around him. He was starving and also wanted to take a shower. Kichou told him that there were some clean clothes in her bag in the other bedroom if he wanted something to put on, or robes provided by the hotel were there as well. Sesshomaru went to use the bathroom off of the other bedroom and grabbed a robe and pair of boxers. Kichou called room service while her mate took a shower. When he finally joined her, she caught him up on everything else that had happened.
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Mama was surprised the following morning when Sesshomaru greeted her at the door. She startled the Demon Lord by giving him a hug as she said, “I am so glad to see that you are awake. How are you feeling?”
 
Sesshomaru responded as she turned him loose, “I am fine, though still a bit weak. I lost a lot of blood.” Sesshomaru could not believe he just said that, he never admitted weakness.
 
Mama accessed the situation quickly. “And none of you have had breakfast, have you? You need something to eat, and so do Kichou and InuYasha. I assume Kagome is still sleeping?”
 
Sesshomaru just nodded. He wondered if all mothers were like this. Well, he should know the good ones probably were - Kichou always assumed control of any problem involving their pups. Mrs. Higurashi was acting like a mother hen that had adopted them all.
 
Mama went over to the telephone and called down to room service. Rather than rice and miso soup, she asked that they bring up eggs and ham for Kichou and Sesshomaru, and even though it was early, noodles and beef for InuYasha. Mama thought that would get him to eat - InuYasha could eat Ramen any time of the day or night. They all needed protein and the meat and eggs would help supply it.
 
Mama went into the bedroom and said hello to Kichou as she got up from the chair that InuYasha had occupied the day before. Mama saw that InuYasha was sound asleep, holding Kagome tightly to him. She reached over to brush the hair away from both of their faces before she sat down. 
 
Kichou decided this would be a good opportunity to take a shower herself. She quietly left the bedroom, leaving Mama alone with her daughter and son-in-law. She went to check on Sesshomaru but found him on his cell phone talking with her father. The Demon Lord looked at Kichou and nodded to let her know he knew she was there, and then she headed for the bathroom off of the extra bedroom.
 
Kichou was standing under the hot water when she was surprised to find her mate joining her. Sesshomaru picked up the shampoo and started to scrub her head for her as Kichou closed her eyes. After he had rinsed and repeated the process with the conditioner, he handed the bottles to her so she could return the favor. Who knew something as simple as washing each other's hair could be so pleasurable? Once Sesshomaru had been thoroughly rinsed, he picked up the soap and started to gently wash her body, once again handing it over when he was ready for her to scrub him. When they were both clean and refreshed, Kichou turned to her mate and wrapped her arms around him, tucking her nose under his chin.
 
 
Sesshomaru and Kichou both looked and felt much better when they came back into the living area. Their timing couldn't have been better. A knock at the door announced that room service had arrived with the breakfast Mama had ordered for them. The waiter set the dishes out on the table and once he was certain they were satisfied with everything, turned and left.
 
Sesshomaru almost grinned when the saw the noodles and beef for InuYasha. It was clear that Mrs. Higurashi knew his little brother far too well. Sesshomaru would eat his breakfast and then go and trade places with InuYasha. InuYasha needed to eat as well as take a shower himself.
 
Sesshomaru and Kichou sat down at the table and helped themselves to the rather large amount of eggs and ham that Mama had ordered for them. Even though Sesshomaru had eaten in the middle of the night, he was quite hungry again. Kichou had only picked at her food for the last day and was suddenly ravenous since Sesshomaru had awakened.
 
Once they had eaten their fill, they went back into the master bedroom where InuYasha was still holding Kagome tightly with Mama sitting silently by them.
 
“InuYasha,” Sesshomaru said quietly. He could tell his brother was half awake.
 
“Can't leave Kagome,” InuYasha replied, his voice muffled as he spoke into Kagome's shoulder.
 
“InuYasha, you need to eat and you will feel better if you take a shower. I will hold Kagome for you while you take care of yourself. Mrs. Higurashi, will you go with InuYasha and make sure he eats? His noodles and beef are on the table,” Sesshomaru said, and then added as he picked up a robe, “But you might want to wait outside - I do not think my brother is wearing much.”
 
Mama blushed and nodded and left the room. Sesshomaru and Kichou had to practically pry InuYasha away from Kagome and out of the bed. Kichou also understood that Sesshomaru would have to take his place holding her in InuYasha's absence. She took her mate's robe as he shed it and climbed in behind the miko. Well, at least he had on boxers this time.
 
InuYasha headed for the bathroom first. He had not been out of the bed since Sesshomaru turned Kagome loose the night before. He decided he might as well go ahead and take a quick shower and brush his teeth while he was in there. InuYasha felt much better when he went and joined Mama at the table. She had decided she would have some of the eggs and ham that Sesshomaru and Kichou had not devoured. She had only fixed a quick bowl of cereal for herself that morning and was hungry.
 
“InuYasha, is there a reason why Sesshomaru is back in bed with Kagome?” Mama asked.
 
InuYasha had a mouth full of noodles but nodded. As soon as he chewed and swallowed he said, “Sesshomaru thinks Kagome is all right, and that she didn't purify the pup when she took care of the two demons. She's working to replenish the energy that she used up the other night, but the pup needs youkai energy as well. Once of us needs to remain with her until she regains consciousness.”
 
Mama was curious. “Can Kichou help?”
 
InuYasha shook his head. “Sesshomaru says the pup needs my energy since I am the father, but because Sesshomaru is my brother he can help.”
 
“So how…” Mama wasn't sure how to finish her question.
 
“You know how Kagome's aura was visible when she healed herself, me and Sesshomaru?”
 
Mama nodded. She remembered that sight well enough.
 
“Sesshomaru and I each have our own aura that she is drawing on. Keeping in close contact with Kagome makes it easier for her.”
 
“Could she recover faster if you were both with her?” Mama asked.
 
InuYasha looked up from his bowl. “I don't know. I'll have to ask Sesshomaru what he thinks and find out if Kichou would mind too much if they think it would help.”
 
“InuYasha, I do not exactly understand the relationship Kagome has with your brother. I saw his mark on her Christmas Day,” Mama said quietly.
 
InuYasha almost choked on his noodles. “What did Kagome tell you?”
 
“That she was marked as part of his pack and under his protection. She said that you were marked as well.”
 
InuYasha nodded while he swallowed. He dropped his robe off of his shoulder and pulled his hair aside to show Mama Sesshomaru's mark.
 
Mama brushed her thumb across it as she had Kagome's the night she saw it. “This does look like Kagome's. What exactly does it mean?”
 
“In my case, he was claiming me as his brother - making it clear that I was no longer the outcast hanyou that I had been,” InuYasha replied.
 
“And in Kagome's? I know there must be something more to it, especially since you are concerned about Kichou's reaction,” Mama said.
 
InuYasha was in a quandary, he didn't lie well. “Are you certain you really want to know?”
 
Mama nodded.
 
“Kagome is marked as a female under his protection. She had to submit fully to him for it to work,” InuYasha said barely above a whisper.
 
“You mean she had to…”
 
“Keh, after we had marked each other as mates.”
 
“InuYasha, I don't understand. How could you and her agree to this?” Mama asked. She was a bit red in the face.
 
“We discussed it before we made a decision. Kagome decided she would rather submit to and be marked by my brother than risk having another youkai like Kouga rape her and claim her as his because he disregarded my mark as a hanyou. Sesshomaru did it to help us, not to try and take Kagome. I hope you can understand. None of us ever wanted anything like what happened with Kouga to happen again. If Kagome carried only my mark, it could. With Sesshomaru's mark, none will dare touch her,” InuYasha answered.
 
“So she only had to do it the one time?” Mama asked quietly.
 
Keh.” InuYasha nodded. That was the truth. Kagome only had to submit the one time. The other times she had gone willingly to help Sesshomaru.
 
“So you aren't worried about your mate being in bed with your brother?” Mama wanted to clarify this.
 
“Kichou does not like to share and my brother is faithful to her. Sesshomaru is only holding Kagome to help her recover. He felt her need when he was asleep next to her. That was why Sesshomaru rolled over and pulled Kagome into him even when he was still unconscious. He'll never do anything to harm her, nor anything she does not want him to do. Because of his mark on her, he would die to protect her just as I would. Please don't be angry with Kagome or us for agreeing to this. You have seen the power that she possesses. In my era, the three of us decided together it was the best way to keep her safe. Kouga was not the only one who would come after her. Having my brother claim her once was better than risking her being kidnapped and raped.”
 
Mama sat back and thought about everything that she had been told. It did explain a lot, and Mama had been stunned to learn the power that her daughter possessed that night Sesshomaru's arm grew back. After what Kagome went through with Kouga, Mama could see why she would rather go once with someone she knew and trusted who was at least careful with her.
 
Mama finally nodded. “I think I understand. Your world is very complicated InuYasha, and after what happened to Kagome, I can understand why you would want to prevent such a thing from ever happening again. It is just difficult to understand the trust the four of you have.”
 
“Our marks help along with our sense of smell. We can pick up on what the others are feeling. Kichou and I weren't worried when Sesshomaru pulled Kagome to him because we could both pick up on his need to protect her. There wasn't anything sexual about it. More like he's protecting a daughter or sister. Does that make sense?” InuYasha asked.
 
Mama nodded. “That makes sense. You really are like a pack, each of you helping to protect the others.”
 
“Keh. Should we go and ask what they think of your idea?” InuYasha responded. He wanted to make sure that Mama hadn't changed her mind about both he and his brother being in bed with Kagome.
 
“Let's see if they think it will help,” Mama said.
 
 
Kichou and Sesshomaru were surprised that the idea of both brothers being in bed with Kagome came from her mother. Sesshomaru agreed it was worth a try, and Kichou did not object.
 
InuYasha was somewhat reminded of their trip to the demon slayer village as Sesshomaru moved so that he was in front of Kagome and InuYasha slid in behind her. Of course they would not be having a threesome with Mama Higurashi there as well as Kichou. They would only be watching over their charge.
 
 
Though they had not really intended to, both InuYasha and Sesshomaru fell asleep as Kagome started to pull energy from both of them. The next thing they knew, the three were surrounded in a reddish pink glow created by the merging of Sesshomaru and InuYasha's auras with Kagome's. Kichou and Mama were both astonished by what they were witnessing. There was no doubt that something more was going on now. The three of them did not move as the day passed by. Kichou finally told Mrs. Higurashi that she might as well go home to take care of her family before dinner. She promised to call if there was any change.
 
Kichou returned to the room and looked at the sleeping three. She was tired herself and decided there was room for one more. She removed her clothes and settled in front of her mate. Kichou smiled as Sesshomaru reached for her and pulled her to his body in his sleep. She snuggled up to him and drifted off.
 
 
Almost twenty-four hours after Sesshomaru had awakened Kagome started to stir. She did not move far, though. She was wedged in-between Sesshomaru and InuYasha.
 
“InuYasha? Sesshomaru?”
 
“Kagome!” InuYasha was the first one awake. He rolled her over to face him and kissed her.
 
Sesshomaru rolled over to see what was going on, and Kichou popped up behind him, “You are finally awake!”
 
Kagome lay flat on her back so she could try to see everyone. “What happened, and why are all of you in bed with me?”
 
InuYasha started to answer, “You passed out after you healed Sesshomaru. We put him in the same bed with you to make it easier for Kichou and me to watch over the two of you. During the day he rolled over and pulled you to his body. When he finally woke up, he told us that you needed help restoring your energy, and that you needed youkai energy for the pup. I took his place when he finally released you and got up.”
 
Kichou continued, “Your mother has been coming and sitting with you during the day. When we finally pried InuYasha away from you so he could shower and eat, she asked why Sesshomaru was back in bed with you. When InuYasha explained about the need for youkai energy, it was actually your mother's suggestion to see if the two of them together could help speed things up. It must have done something, because all three of your auras became visible and merged after InuYasha and Sesshomaru fell asleep.”
 
“How long have I been here?” Kagome asked.
 
“A little over forty-eight hours. Sesshomaru woke about this same time last night,” InuYasha told her, and then asked, “Are you all right? Do you need or want anything?”
 
“I feel a bit weak, but I'm really hungry. I also could desperately use a shower,” Kagome replied, and then asked, “Does Mama know that we are all practically naked under here?”
 
“Keh. She knows,” InuYasha responded, and then asked Kichou, “Where did you come from?”
 
“I was tired and wanted to sleep by my mate. I figured there was room so I joined you,” Kichou responded.
 
InuYasha smirked as he climbed out of the bed, “Well, I could use a good soak in the bath. The one in the master bath is big enough for all of us if you want to come.”
 
InuYasha picked Kagome up and headed to the bath. He started the water and then Kagome kicked him out so she could tend to her own needs first. She had been lying in bed for forty-eight hours after all.
 
InuYasha realized his own bladder was full after sleeping most of the day and night away and went out to use one of the other toilets. It looked like Sesshomaru and Kichou had headed to the one off of their bedroom, so InuYasha went to use the one off of the living room.
 
Kagome had filled the bath and opened the door to allow the others to come in. The shower was not big enough for all four of them, so Kagome and InuYasha went first to rinse off. InuYasha also helped Kagome to quickly wash her hair so she would really feel clean after her ordeal. Satisfied she was ready to soak in the tub, he picked her up and carried her into the bath, settling down with her in front of him.
 
A few minutes later Sesshomaru and Kichou joined them after they had rinsed off. The whirlpool jets were on, so they enjoyed sitting in the warm churning water.
 
They were all sitting in silence, InuYasha holding Kagome as Sesshomaru held Kichou when Kagome finally said, “I know you said I passed out after healing Sesshomaru, but the last thing I remember was a gun being pointed at him. What happened?”
 
InuYasha said quietly, “You don't remember?”
 
Kagome just shook her head.
 
Kichou decided to answer, “When Honoo pointed the gun at Sesshomaru, you lunged at him. It went off before you reached him and the bullet hit Sesshomaru. You purified Honoo and turned him to dust. Sesshomaru had thrown the youkai that attacked him at Honoo when he saw him point the gun, and that youkai went after the gun when it fell to the floor. You reached out and purified him as well. When you saw that Sesshomaru had been shot, you placed both of your hands on his chest and started healing him. You stopped the bleeding and forced the bullet from his chest before you finally passed out. Kagome, I'll never be able to repay you for saving my mate.”
 
Kagome just shook her head. “I wouldn't even be here if Sesshomaru had not saved me. But I did all of that? I don't remember. I do vaguely remember feeling InuYasha's sorrow, though. I was trying to reach out to him and I guess I hit Sesshomaru instead. That somehow made me aware that I needed youkai energy to help our pup.”
 
“Kagome, how did you purify those two youkai without purifying our pup?” InuYasha asked very softly.
 
Kagome wrapped her arms tighter around his. “It was hard, but I was able to channel most of my energy away from my womb. I think that must be why I used up so much energy purifying the two of them. I could not just reach out and zap them like I wanted to. I had to control how my energy was channeled through my body, but InuYasha, even if I hadn't been able to do it, I don't think I would have killed our pup. Do you remember what happened to you at Mount Hakurei?”
 
InuYasha's eyes opened wide. “It purified my youkai - I turned human.”
 
“I think that is what would have happened if I had not been able to stem the flow in a different direction. I just have no way of knowing if it could have been reversed like you did when the barrier was lifted, or if the child would be born human. I'm grateful that we won't have to find out,” Kagome responded and then asked, “Did you catch the others that were involved?”
 
Sesshomaru nodded. “Two of those caught outside the club gave up the others. They have all been rounded up and dealt with. Kaminari sent a clear message that kind of treachery will be neither forgotten nor forgiven.”
 
Kagome nodded. She knew it was for the best.
 
“Did anyone call down to room service? I'm starving,” Kagome asked.
 
“There should be some yogurt in the refrigerator I got for when you woke up. I did call room service. They don't have a full menu this time of night, but they did have noodles with chicken, noodles with beef, and noodles with vegetables. I ordered some of all of them,” InuYasha replied.
 
Kagome couldn't help but laugh. Some things would never change.
 
 
To be continued…