InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Blood & Tears ❯ In the Past ( Chapter 28 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha but I do own Kaminari, Kaiho, and the lovely Kichou.
 
AN: Thank you to those of you who have taken the time to leave a review. They help to inspire me to keep writing.
 
 
Blood & Tears
 
Chapter 28: In the Past (Warning: Chapter contains Lemon/Lime)
 
 
InuYasha and Kagome were still yawning as they joined Sesshomaru and Rin for lunch in his quarters. Sesshomaru made sure there was a variety of fresh fruits and cheeses as well as roasted meats for them to choose from. Sesshomaru was not surprised at all at the amount of food they were able to put away after the previous night, not to mention the fact they had missed breakfast.
 
Once lunch was cleared away, Sesshomaru and Rin led the way to the nursery for InuYasha and Kagome to see the pups. They both looked at the four infants in wonder. Kagome was drawn to the fourth, the one she had not seen but had saved.
 
“Wow, she looks just like Kichou, doesn't she?” Kagome whispered.
 
“And the boy and the girl with her hands and feet wrapped look just like Sesshomaru,” InuYasha added, then asked as he indicated the third girl, “Is she the poison youkai?”
 
“Yes, the healer is working to develop an antidote for her poison so we can free her,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
“So her poison is not the same as yours?” Kagome asked.
 
“For some reason pups never have the same poison as their parents. No one knows why,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“That's too bad. An antidote could be developed in advance if they did,” Kagome remarked.
 
“This one looks like her grandmother except for your markings. That's interesting,” InuYasha said.
 
“What do you mean?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Well, two of them look just like you, and one looks like her mother. This one actually combined traits from both. I just think it is interesting is all,” InuYasha replied. He was wondering what his and Kagome's pups were going to look like.
 
“That is not all that is fascinating about these pups - see their left breast?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
“Yeah, what is that?” InuYasha asked.
 
“You have not recorded our marks yet, InuYasha, but when you do you will see that is the mark of Kichou's line. She passed on her mark like the male usually would,” Sesshomaru said.
 
InuYasha looked at the four pups. “I knew you had finally met your match. By the way, when do I need to record everything you want me to?”
 
“Hopefully Kichou will be up and about at least some by this evening. You can inspect and record our marks as I did yours and Kagome's, and then record the descriptions and marks of the pups,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“By the way, the pup that looks like Kichou - where is your crest on her? The other three have it on their forehead just like you do,” Kagome asked.
 
Sesshomaru rolled the pup over on her stomach and pulled her little diaper down just enough to reveal his mark on her right butt cheek.
 
Kagome tried not to laugh. “Well, that certainly is an interesting place for it to appear.”
 
InuYasha smirked. He wasn't sure what it meant, but he was sure it was a statement of some sort.
 
Kagome finally asked, “Are we allowed to see Kichou? Is she doing all right?”
 
Rin looked up. “I would like to see her, too.”
 
Sesshomaru replied, “We can go to her room. I will check and make certain she is awake and wants visitors before you come in, though I am fairly certain she will want to see Kagome.”
 
They followed Sesshomaru and waited in the corridor as he went in and checked on his mate. He came back out and said, “She would like to see the miko alone first, if you do not mind.”
 
Kagome nodded and went in.
 
Kichou stretched her hand toward Kagome when she saw the miko enter the room. Kagome took it between both of her hands as she stood by Kichou's side.
 
“You look much better this afternoon, Kichou,” Kagome remarked.
 
“Only because you were there. They told me what you did,” Kichou said as tears leaked down the side of her face, “You saved not only me, but my last pup.”
 
“I'm glad I was there to help,” Kagome replied. “The fourth one is beautiful; she looks just like you.”
 
“Kagome, I do not know how to ever thank you. Not just for last night, but it is also because of you that I finally have Sesshomaru as my mate. You forced me to see past my jealousy and fears to see what he really wanted. I also did not understand back then what you were trying to show me about the last time you were with Sesshomaru. You knew I was upset and yet you let me see it. Then, when it was time for me to mark him, it suddenly became clear. I…I just wanted to thank you for everything you did to help me and my mate,” Kichou said softly.
 
Kagome wiped the tears from Kichou's face. “I'm just glad that you are happy together, and that your pups are strong and healthy. Sesshomaru saved InuYasha and me, and helped us to be together. I only wished for him to find the same happiness that InuYasha and I have.”
 
Kichou nodded and said, “We are happy, and it is all because of you and your mate. Do you want to tell the others they can come in?”
 
Kagome responded, “I will get them. Rin wants to see you and InuYasha is here, too.”
 
Kagome went through the doors and let the others know Kichou was ready for them. Kagome stood next to InuYasha as Sesshomaru and Rin went to Kichou's side.
 
They talked quietly for a few minutes until Sesshomaru announced that his mate still needed her rest. Rin kissed Kichou on the cheek and followed Kagome and InuYasha out of the room.
 
After they left, Sesshomaru kissed Kichou gently on her lips and asked, “Are you certain you are all right?”
 
“Yes, just tired. Giving birth to four pups, getting poisoned by one and then being saved by a miko takes a lot out of you,” Kichou replied with a slight smile.
 
“I will let you rest then,” Sesshomaru said. He kissed her once more on the forehead before he left her side.
 
 
They found Shippou waiting for them in the corridor. He had been for training with the castle kitsune all morning and had just finished. He perked up when he saw Kagome and Rin, but this time he did not make the mistake of charging his adoptive mother.
 
Kagome smiled when she saw him and dropped to her knees. Shippou ran to her and wrapped his arms around her as Kagome returned his hug.
 
Kagome asked him, “Where have you been all morning, Shippou? You aren't still sulking, are you?”
 
Shippou looked up at her. “No, I decided it was time to start to work harder. I've been out training this morning with the adult kitsune. They are helping me to use my natural powers. Besides, I know you were still asleep after everything that happened last night.”
 
“Shippou, you know I still love you, don't you? I was just disappointed that you would trick me like that, and use InuYasha to do it,” Kagome said quietly.
 
“I…I know, Kagome. I was afraid you would not want me any more if you were with InuYasha,” Shippou said, barely above a whisper.
 
“Shippou, you know my love for you is different than my love for InuYasha,” Kagome replied.
 
Shippou wrinkled his nose. “I know, I can smell...”
 
Shippou cut himself short, though, when he heard a low growl.
 
Shippou looked up to see InuYasha standing behind Kagome, “I'm sorry InuYasha, I didn't think.”
 
“And you are going to work on that problem, aren't you?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Yes, InuYasha, I am,” Shippou answered.
 
Kagome pulled Shippou to her body and squeezed him. “As long as you are trying, Shippou. That's what matters.”
 
“Oi, wench, don't squeeze the life out of him,” Kagome heard InuYasha say.
 
Kagome turned Shippou loose and he gasped to catch his breath, and then asked, “Can Rin come and play with me now?”
 
Rin looked up as Sesshomaru and he nodded, so Rin took Shippou's hand and they dashed off down the hall.
 
 
It was the next morning when Kichou finally felt up to meeting with InuYasha for him to examine Sesshomaru and her marks so that he could record them in Sesshomaru's journal.
 
InuYasha met them both in Sesshomaru's study. The Demon Lord pulled out the journal and quill and then stopped - he did not know if InuYasha knew how to read or write other than when he had signed his name before. He then opened the journal to the blank page he wanted InuYasha to record the information on and slid it across the desk. Sesshomaru assumed that InuYasha would tell him if he could not write down the information they needed.
 
InuYasha saw his hesitation before Sesshomaru pushed the journal towards him. InuYasha picked up the quill and asked what the date was, and wrote it in answer to his brother's unasked question. InuYasha saw Sesshomaru breathe a sigh of relief. Of course his brother would have no way of knowing if InuYasha could write or read. All his brother knew for certain was that InuYasha could handle his sword.
 
Kichou was still not feeling up to full strength so she sat as she pulled the yukata off of her shoulder for InuYasha to examine her mark. Sesshomaru did the same as he bared his chest to reveal Kichou's mark above his left nipple. InuYasha took the journal and recorded the location and color of the markings. When he was finished, he signed his name and handed the journal back to Sesshomaru for his inspection.
 
When it appeared that Sesshomaru was satisfied with InuYasha's record of their markings InuYasha asked, “So when do we need to do this for the pups?”
 
Sesshomaru looked at his mate. “Do you want to go ahead and do it now, or wait?”
 
“If we go to the nursery, we can go ahead and do it now,” Kichou replied.
 
Kichou stood with Sesshomaru's help, and then held his arm as they walked down the hall. InuYasha followed behind them.
 
They ran into Kagome in the corridor, and she asked InuYasha if he was finished yet. InuYasha told her they were headed to the nursery for him to record the information about his nieces and nephew. Kagome asked if she could come along, and Sesshomaru nodded. InuYasha took her hand as they walked the rest of the way to the nursery in silence.
 
When they reached the nursery InuYasha asked, “What exactly do I need to write down?”
 
Sesshomaru replied, “The date of the entry, the day they were whelped, the number of pups, sex and general description of each.”
 
InuYasha nodded in understanding and took the journal from Sesshomaru and began to write.
 
Kagome watched in fascination. InuYasha was not writing in the script that she had been teaching him, but in the script of the era. When InuYasha had recorded everything that Sesshomaru had asked for, he handed the journal back to his brother to make sure he included everything that needed to be there. Sesshomaru told him it was satisfactory, and handed the journal back to InuYasha to sign.
 
When InuYasha was finished, Kagome asked, “May I see that?”
 
InuYasha looked to his brother, and Sesshomaru nodded. InuYasha handed the journal to Kagome, who was careful not to smear the fresh ink on the pages.
 
“InuYasha, I never knew you could write like this,” Kagome said quietly.
 
“Keh. Your written language is so different that it was easier to start from scratch and learn it from the beginning,” InuYasha replied.
 
Sesshomaru was fascinated. “You mean her written language is different, and you can write it as well?”
 
Kagome and InuYasha nodded since no one else in the room other than Sesshomaru knew she was from a different time.
 
“Will you write the same thing for me in her script?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
InuYasha looked at Kagome and she nodded - Sesshomaru was going to have to learn to read it some day, anyway. InuYasha took the journal back and started to write the same thing in the modern language. Kichou and the wet nurse would just assume that Kagome was from a different providence with a different dialect.
 
 
The next two days passed quietly and the pups were all doing well when Kaminari came to Sesshomaru. “I am sorry to disturb you, My Lord, but my brother wishes to come to dinner this evening to congratulate you and my daughter on the pups.”
 
Sesshomaru looked up at his advisor. “I guess it cannot be helped. Notify the kitchen we will be using the dining hall tonight. How many of them are coming?”
 
“My brother, his mate, and their offspring. I think there are eight of them now, but I have lost count,” Kaminari replied.
 
Sesshomaru sighed. “Just tell the staff the approximate number. They always show up with more than they said they would, anyway. Make sure that InuYasha and Kagome are invited as well as Rin and the kitsune. Maybe they will not stay too long if they have to share the table with two humans and a hanyou.”
 
Kaminari grinned. He hated to admit it, but he felt pretty much the same way about his younger brother. He always wanted something for nothing, and was constantly hinting that Kaminari should find him a place on the castle staff.
 
 
The evening started off with something of a ruckus. Kaminari's brother and family were upset to find that not only were there guards at the entrance to the nursery, they were not on the short list of those allowed in without supervision. The guard was very firm and actually called for additional help when they tried to force their way in. It did not take long for word to get to Sesshomaru.
 
“What is the meaning of this?!” Sesshomaru demanded.
 
“We came to see the pups, and they won't let us in!” Honoo complained.
 
“They are doing their job. NO ONE goes near my heirs without supervision,” Sesshomaru replied, and then added, “And you will not be allowed in more than two at a time under any circumstances.”
 
About that time Kaminari came rushing up. “I am sorry, My Lord, I was overseeing the preparations for dinner.”
 
“Your brother is insisting on seeing my heirs. Right now I am not inclined to allow him to do so,” Sesshomaru said before he turned and walked away.
 
Kaminari practically snarled at his sibling. “Just once, can you not come here and do things the proper way? You should have known that not just anyone could go in to see the heirs to the Lord of the Western Lands. You know that visitors usually are not allowed until the pups are older, and yet you insisted on coming. Go to the dining hall and make certain that all of your clan go with you.”
 
Kaminari gave his guards a look that made it clear they were to keep any of the group out, period. Just to be safe, he sent another guard to help man the post. He did not trust his brother or his mate any further than he could throw Ah-Uhn. They had been to visit the night Kichou's brother mysteriously died.
 
 
In their quarters, InuYasha and Kagome were preparing for the dinner. They could tell from their `invitation' that Sesshomaru expected them to be there. The staff had taken InuYasha's firerat, hakama and kimono and cleaned them since Sesshomaru knew that he would not be comfortable in the presence of strangers in anything else. Kagome had been presented with a beautiful kimono to wear for the evening. It was red with a patterns of vines stitched into it in red that matched the fabric. It was similar to Kichou's mating kimono in that instead of flowers, it had InuYasha's crescent moon worked into the pattern. Kagome had also been given the proper undergarments to wear with it.
 
They had spent much of the afternoon in the bath. While they did remember to wash themselves, they spent most of their time making love with each other. Sesshomaru could hear their laughs from his quarters, and finally decided he should go and tell them they needed to get out and get ready. At least the pair had the good graces to blush when they saw him standing in the door to the bath and agreed it was time to get dressed. Sesshomaru had just returned to his own quarters when Rin came running to tell him that Honoo was again trying to force his way into the nursery.
 
 
InuYasha and Kagome had not been to the dining hall, at least not for an occasion like this. Sesshomaru may not have particularly liked Kaminari's brother, but he was throwing a dinner to show proper respect for Kichou's family. However, their clan seemed a bit surprised that they had been pushed down the table, for Kichou sat at Sesshomaru's right hand with her mother and father next to her. InuYasha sat at Sesshomaru's left hand with Kagome and then Rin and Shippou next to him.
 
As InuYasha and Kagome entered the dining hall, Sesshomaru waved them to the seats at his left. Rin and Shippou were already in their places. Sesshomaru did not miss the look that crossed InuYasha and Kagome's face when they laid eyes on Honoo.
 
When InuYasha and Kagome were in their places, Sesshomaru said, “This is Kaminari's brother and Kichou's uncle, Honoo, and his mate Shinju.”
 
InuYasha and Kagome were both polite and bowed their heads towards Honoo and Shinju at the introduction, but Sesshomaru and Kaminari did not miss the spike in anger that flared from the two.
 
Sesshomaru then introduced InuYasha and Kagome to Honoo.
 
Honoo's response was, “Lord Sesshomaru, I did not know that you now allow hanyou and humans at your table.”
 
Sesshomaru declared, “My brother and his mate are welcome in this house. Rin is my ward. If you do not wish to dine with them, you are free to leave.”
 
Honoo quickly backtracked, “I did not mean anything by it, My Lord. Just making an observation.”
 
Kaminari shook his head. His brother just didn't want to pass up a free meal.
 
Honoo changed the subject. “So Kichou, I understand you had four pups.”
 
“Yes, Uncle, I did. I think that they will keep us busy for many years,” Kichou responded.
 
“And one of them is a boy?” Honoo asked.
 
“Yes, Uncle. The first born was a male,” Kichou responded.
 
“It's too bad that Kaminari did not have a male heir to pass on his bloodline with the marking of our house,” Honoo remarked.
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow - he wondered what they would say.
 
Kichou's only response was, “Yes, Uncle, it is.”
 
Sesshomaru had been studying Kagome and InuYasha through the entire exchange. He could tell they had an intense dislike for Honoo, which he found interesting considering they had never met him before - or had they? Something told the Demon Lord that Honoo would bear watching.
 
 
InuYasha, Rin, and Kagome's presence had the effect that Sesshomaru and Kaminari had hoped for. Honoo couldn't really stomach being at the same table as humans and a hanyou for too long, so he left with his clan after only a couple of hours rather than staying the entire night.
 
Honoo was talking with his mate as they left, “Sesshomaru must be getting weaker. I can't believe that the hanyou and human are back again. Did you feel their fear when he introduced me to them? They know a great demon when they are in the presence of one, and I can't believe the Great Lord is so protective of those pups. I thought he would be arrogant enough to assume no one would dare harm them.”
 
 
After Sesshomaru had walked Kichou to the nursery to help with the feeding of her pups, he had gone to his study where an entirely different conversation was taking place.
 
“Kaminari, did you feel what I did when InuYasha and Kagome saw Honoo for the first time?” Sesshomaru asked his advisor.
 
“You mean the spike of anger when they first lay eyes on him?” Kaminari questioned.
 
“Yes, and then the intense dislike through the entire dinner. They were not comfortable being in the same room with him,” Sesshomaru answered.
 
“Yes. But how could that be? They have never met him before that I am aware of,” Kaminari replied.
 
“I know he is your brother, but I think he bears watching. Let us just say that InuYasha and the miko's instincts are rarely wrong. I do not want him or his clan anywhere near my pups until they are old enough to defend themselves. The fact that he tried to force his way into the nursery does not sit well with me, either,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“I think even Kichou is wary after he asked if one of them was male and made the comment about my not having a male heir,” Kaminari said thoughtfully.
 
“Then we are in agreement. Make any excuse, but I do not want him here again anytime in the near future,” Sesshomaru concluded.
 
“Yes, My Lord,” Kaminari replied.
 
 
Kagome and InuYasha could not wait for the dinner to be over to get back to their quarters. Sitting in the same room with Honoo had made both of their skins crawl. Even though they had spent the afternoon in the bath, they each felt the desire for another after spending that much time in Honoo's presence.
 
“InuYasha, I wanted scream when I saw his face. The last thing I remembered was him pointing a gun at Sesshomaru,” Kagome said as InuYasha washed her hair.
 
“I wanted to run him through with Tessaiga, but we promised Sesshomaru that we would not say anything,” InuYasha responded.
 
“I know, it was just so hard, knowing what he will try to do,” Kagome said as she turned to her lover.
 
“It's hard to believe he's related to Kaminari and Kichou. His aura has so little power in comparison to them,” InuYasha remarked, and then added, “He doesn't feel much stronger than that stupid lizard youkai that Shippou almost defeated.”
 
“I guess it's a good thing. He must be pretty inept. Sesshomaru did say that no one of any consequence was hurt over the next five hundred years. We will just have to trust that to be the truth,” Kagome said as she straddled InuYasha's lap as she reached down to stroke him.
 
“Oi wench, you didn't get enough this afternoon?”
 
“I never get enough of you,” Kagome replied as she settled onto him and pulled his mouth to hers.
 
 
InuYasha and Kagome had agreed to stay at the castle until the pups were at least seven days old. That was the day they would be given their names. InuYasha had the journal in hand as Sesshomaru proceeded with the naming of the pups. Kaminari and Kaiho were present as well as Rin and Shippou.
 
Sesshomaru named the pups in the order they were whelped.
 
“This Sesshomaru declares that his first born son and heir be named `Ginshouri.'”
 
“That is a good, strong name for our son, `Silver Victory,'” Kichou declared.
 
Sesshomaru named the second born pup, the one that looked like Kaiho, `Yorokobi.'
 
Kaiho said, “`Joy,' what a fitting name for the pup that bears the traits and shows the union of both bloodlines.”
 
The third born pup, the poison youkai that was the spitting of Sesshomaru, he named `Eikou.'
 
“`Glory,' My Lord, your mother would have been proud to have a granddaughter named after her,” Kaminari said.
 
The fourth born pup, the one that looked like her mother, Sesshomaru named `Zoutou.'
 
Kagome whispered, “`Gift,' what a beautiful name for the last pup.”
 
Tears leaked from Kichou's eyes. “You named her after my grandmother, thank you, Sesshomaru.”
 
“It only seemed fitting. Everyone always told me that you looked like her, not to mention that this pup was indeed a gift, both unexpected and saved by a miracle. I also understand her namesake was something of a spitfire, which I suspect this one will be as well,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
InuYasha couldn't help himself. “Yeah, and she was the only one born sitting on your crest.”
 
Sesshomaru actually laughed.
 
 
InuYasha and Kagome were going home in two days. On a trial basis, Shippou had been given permission to join them along with Rin in Sesshomaru's quarters for meals before the couple went home. The kitsune was making an honest effort. Even though InuYasha could tell that he was sniffing at Kagome, trying to figure out what was different, he did not say anything or ask.
 
Shippou finally did ask, “Kagome, are you going back home?”
 
“Yes, Shippou, I still have to finish school. We had a break so it worked out for us to come back and visit, but it's time for us to go back now,” Kagome replied, and then added, “But we plan to come back once school is over, all right?”
 
Shippou looked at Kagome. “Really?”
 
“Yes, Shippou. We won't forget about you, but aren't you learning a lot from the kitsune here?” Kagome asked.
 
Rin chimed in, “Not just them, but he comes to my lessons with me as well. Shippou is learning to read and write.”
 
InuYasha looked seriously at Shippou. “Oi, it looks like you are learning a lot more here than we could teach you.”
 
“And you are keeping Rin company while Sesshomaru and Kichou are busy with the new pups,” Kagome added.
 
Shippou looked at Rin and grinned. “Yeah, I guess I am.”
 
 
It was time for InuYasha and Kagome to return home. They had an early breakfast with Sesshomaru, Kichou, Rin and Shippou and went by the nursery to see the pups once more before they left. The four were growing like weeds and had already doubled in size.
 
Kagome gave Shippou, Rin, Kichou, and even Kaminari and Kaiho one last hug before InuYasha put her on Ah-Uhn's back and handed Kagome her bow and quiver of arrows. Sesshomaru was seeing them safely to their village, as he did not want a pregnant Kagome walking for four days across the land. Even InuYasha was grateful for the reduced length of their trip and added protection as they took to the skies and headed east.
 
 
It was too far to reach the cave under the falls for the first night, so Sesshomaru and InuYasha had to pick a clearing next to a spring to spend the night. The night was nice and Kagome was used to spending the night outdoors, but InuYasha was still worried about her being out in the open. Sesshomaru told them not to worry; he would keep watch over them.
 
Kagome spread her sleeping bag out on the ground and then a blanket to use as a cover. At some point during the night, InuYasha could feel Kagome's need for more energy. He quietly freed himself from his hakama and pulled down her sweats enough to enter her from behind. She changed her position just enough to make it easier for him to move into her and then sighed when she felt his warmth released into her. They fell back asleep with him buried in her core.
 
 
They traveled on the next day until they found another suitable area to spend the night. Kagome was gathering firewood and InuYasha had gone hunting. He came back with a small boar he had already prepared for cooking.
 
The boar was over the fire and roasting and InuYasha was trying to decide if he should take Kagome into the woods while their dinner was cooking.
 
Sesshomaru finally said as the three were sitting around the fire, “Why so bashful, Little Brother?”
 
“Wha…what do you mean?” InuYasha asked.
 
“I know you want to be with your miko, why do you not just take her?” Sesshomaru asked.
 
Kagome blushed. “What do you mean, Sesshomaru?”
 
“I mean my Little Brother was not so worried about propriety at the castle,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“What does that mean?” Kagome questioned.
 
InuYasha was now turning the color of his firerat.
 
Sesshomaru answered with a question, “You mean he has not told you?”
 
Kagome was now looking at InuYasha in a manner that made him very glad he no longer had the prayer beads. “Told me what?”
 
“Sess…Sesshomaru, you know that was an emergency,” InuYasha replied hastily.
 
What was an emergency?”
 
“You had passed out. It was after you used so much of your energy to save Kichou,” InuYasha said very quickly.
 
“You mean…” Kagome's face rivaled the color of InuYasha's shade of red now.
 
“Right there in the hallway,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“I couldn't risk anything happening to you,” InuYasha whispered.
 
“Who was there?” Kagome asked, though she wasn't sure she wanted to know.
 
“Just Sesshomaru. He brought you out to me as soon as you fainted,” InuYasha answered.
 
“And Kaminari, he came upon you in the hall and made sure anyone else stayed away,” Sesshomaru added.
 
Kagome just hid her face in her hands as she said, “I'll never be able to show my face there again.”
 
Sesshomaru said, “At least InuYasha tried to keep you covered up. He was the one who stood in all his glory when I woke him up.”
 
“Keh. I said I was sorry,” InuYasha responded.
 
Kagome finally asked, “Kaminari understood? He was not appalled by our shameless behavior?”
 
“You saved his only daughter. He understood,” Sesshomaru replied, and then continued, “And so do I. I just wanted to give my little brother a hard time. You saved my mate, all InuYasha did was what was necessary at the time. InuYasha did give Kaminari a good fright when he saw his markings, though. Kaminari remembers well what happened to Tougai.”
 
“InuYasha, it will be some time yet before the boar is cooked. Why not go spend some time with your mate. The area appears to be free of any other youkai,” Sesshomaru said.
 
InuYasha took Kagome's hand. “We won't be too far away.”
 
After they had put a few trees between themselves and Sesshomaru, InuYasha said, “I'm sorry, I would have told you, but I did not want you to be mad at me. You had passed out, and I kind of panicked.”
 
“It's all right, InuYasha. While it would have been nice to have gone to our bedroom, I know my body tells you what it needs, even if I'm unconscious. At least now I know why I am missing a pair of panties and sweats. You ripped them right off of me, didn't you?” Kagome asked.
 
“Keh,” InuYasha responded.
 
“And it isn't like Sesshomaru hasn't seen us do that before,” Kagome replied slyly.
 
Before InuYasha could say anything else, Kagome wrapped her hands in his hair and pulled him to her in a fervent kiss. She felt his hand slide under her waistband and down until he started to gently stroke her with his fingers. Kagome barely remained on her feet and was amazed she didn't pull his hair out by the roots as he dipped and stroked and fondled until he had brought her to climax with his hand. She then felt the cool air hit her thighs as her sweats were lowered. Kicking off her shoes, she stepped out of them along with her panties. She felt one foot being raised and then set on InuYasha's shoulder after he went to his knees. Kagome gasped as she felt his warm tongue begin to gently lick between her folds.
 
The tongue was replaced by the gentle stroking of clawed fingers as the other hand worked to drop his hakama. When InuYasha stood, he was fully erect with red eyes and streaked cheeks.
 
InuYasha removed his haori as well and laid it out on the ground before he gently lowered Kagome to her back. Kagome was amazed she was going to get to see her hanyou this time, for he usually preferred taking her as an Inu would from behind when he freed his youkai.
 
As InuYasha thrust into her and found his rhythm, she stroked the markings on his cheek with one hand and an ear with the other. InuYasha actually howled as he released his seed and filled her depths with the youkai energy she needed.
 
As he lay on top of her, Kagome continued to stroke his face and ears. To her, InuYasha was beautiful no matter which form he was in.
  
No more was said when InuYasha and Kagome returned to the fireside, but Kagome had learned something interesting that evening: Sesshomaru, Great Demon Lord of the Western Lands, had a sense of humor.
 
 
They reached the village in the middle of the following day. Sesshomaru said his goodbyes once he was sure they were home safely and headed back west to his mate and pups.
 
InuYasha and Kagome went back to Kaede's hut to see how Sango, Miroku and the baby were doing. Sango looked much better now that Miroku was making sure she got plenty to eat. InuYasha kissed Kagome on the cheek and told her he was going hunting for meat for them before they returned home. Kagome nodded in understanding and sat down next to Sango.
 
Kaede was there as well as Kagome told them all about Kichou giving birth to four pups.
 
“Four!” Sango exclaimed.
 
“Yeah, four,” Kagome answered.
 
“What are you not telling us, child?” Kaede answered.
 
“Probably that she saved Kichou's life and the fourth pup,” InuYasha said as he walked in with a boar that should feed them for a week.
 
“What!” Sango, Miroku, and Kaede shouted.
 
InuYasha sat down after putting the pig over the fire and pulled Kagome back against his chest. “Kichou was poisoned by the third pup. She was a poison youkai like my brother and scratched Kichou on the way out. Kichou would have died except that Kagome managed to force the poison from her body. We didn't even know about the fourth pup until the next day. Kichou delivered her after Kagome had passed out.”
 
“Wow,” was all the others could say.
 
“Kagome, I have never thanked you properly for healing me when you came back to tell me you were getting married,” Kaede said.
 
“What, she healed you, too?” Miroku asked in amazement.
 
“Aye. I was not doing well at all and probably would have passed on, but Kagome helped to reduce my fever and clear my lungs. Not only that, my joints do not hurt any more like they used to. I feel ten years younger,” Kaede responded.
 
“I'm just glad I could help,” Kagome answered.
 
“I did not know you had that kind of power,” Sango said with astonishment.
 
“It's like before, it still tends to come out when there is a serious need. I have had a lot more power since InuYasha claimed me as his. I am just glad I've been able to put it to good use,” Kagome responded and then changed the subject. “So when are you heading back to the slayer village?”
 
“Probably in three or four more weeks. The baby is doing really well, and I think I will be strong enough to travel by then,” Sango responded.
 
“Maybe we'll get a chance to come and see you one more time,” Kagome said, and then looked to Kaede. “Kaede, have you had any more problems with youkai looking for me or the Shikon no Tama?”
 
Kaede shook her head. “They have pretty well spread the word that both you and the jewel have vanished. Plus, with two demon lords dropping in to make certain we are all right, not many come looking here any more.”
 
Two demon lords? What's that all about?” Sango asked.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru and Lord Izumioka of the Northern Lands have both let it be known they consider the village under their protection even though it is not on their lands. It has become quite a deterrent against unwanted visitors,” Kaede answered.
 
“Well, in that case, we will try to come and visit at least once before you go home,” Kagome said as she felt InuYasha stand behind her, “And I think that is my cue that it is time for us to leave.”
 
Kagome hugged Sango and Kaede as she said good-bye. Once they were out of the hut, InuYasha picked her up and raced to the well. Without a backwards glance, he jumped in and back into the future.
 
 
To be continued…