InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Purity 5: Phantasm ❯ Epilogue

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Epilogue~
 
 
~October 18, 2072~
 
 
“I don't like her.”
 
Bas chuckled and scooped up his year-and-a-half-old son, sitting on the edge of the bed and holding Bailey on his lap. “Why not?”
 
Bailey made a face. “She's wrinkly like a raisin. I don't like raisins.”
 
“A raisin, huh?” Sydnie asked, hefting an eyebrow with a secretive little smile on her face despite the weariness in the depths of her gaze.
 
`Twelve hours of labor would do me in, too,' Bas supposed.
 
“What's her name?” Bailey demanded, leaning in closer to get a better look at his newborn sister.
 
“Olivia,” Sydnie told him.
 
Bailey thought that over for a moment, tugging on his right ear in his thoughtful manner. “Like Olive? I don't like olives, neither,” he complained.
 
“Not olive, pup—Olivia,” Bas corrected though he wasn't very successful in hiding his amusement at his son's observations. “And you were wrinkly when you were born, too.”
 
“Was not!” Bailey hollered, thumping his little fists against his father's leg. “I was round—Mama said!”
 
“Your mouth was round,” Bas agreed with a chuckle, “and it was always moving.”
 
Bailey crossed his arms over his chest, scowling in much the same fashion that Bas did. His father laughed. “Ma-ma!” Bailey whined.
 
Sydnie giggled. “You're horrible, puppy,” she pointed out though she didn't look at all chiding. “Leave him alone—he's had a very busy day.”
 
“Oh, he has, has he?” Bas countered.
 
Sydnie let Bas take Olivia before pulling Bailey off his father's lap and cuddling him against her. “Yes, he has. It's not every day that he gets a new baby sister.”
 
A knock on the door sounded moments before Evan poked his head into the room. “Is she done yet?” he demanded as his cocky grin widened. “'Bout time, pussykins. Hand her over, lap-dog.”
 
Bas snorted but let Evan take the baby from him. Evan chuckled rather evilly before striding out of the room with Olivia in his arms. “Where do you think you're going? Bring her back here, you little fucker!”
 
“Daddy said a bad word,” Bailey chortled behind the hand he'd slapped over his mouth.
 
“Yes, he did, didn't he?” Sydnie commented. “Sebastian . . .”
 
“Relax, Bubby! I got it all under control,” Evan assured him.
 
“How's that?”
 
The cocky grin turned into a shit-eating smile. “Chicks dig babies, don't you know?”
 
“You're not using my daughter to pick up women!” Bas hollered, shooting off the bed to run out of the room after his younger brother.
 
“You're not really going to leave me, are you puppy?” Sydnie asked behind him.
 
Bas stifled the urge to growl and glowered at the empty doorway but sat back down on the bed. “Sorry,” he muttered, brushing aside the irritation. “How are you feeling, kitty?”
 
“Just fine, puppy,” she assured him.
 
“Uncle Evan gonna bring her back?” Bailey asked, rising up on his knees and leaning so that he was staring his mother in the face.
 
Sydnie smiled. “Of course he will.”
 
“Oh,” Bailey replied, making no bones about being disappointed that his sister would be returned.
 
Bas leaned in and kissed Sydnie gently. She sighed and leaned forward to lick his cheek.
 
“I think this is yours.”
 
Bas turned his head in time to see Gunnar stride into the room with Olivia. Holding the infant around her chest and with his arms stretched out so that she was as far away from his body as she could be, he looked completely relieved when Bas stood up to grab his daughter before Gunnar did something stupid, like drop her. Bailey launched himself off the bed and onto Gunnar's back. The hanyou peered over his shoulder then glanced at Bas and Sydnie. “You're done, right? No more of those?” he asked, jerking his head toward the infant.
 
“Hell, we were going to have a few more—maybe ten . . . and they're all going to come over and stay with you over the summer,” Bas quipped.
 
Gunnar affected a full-body shudder as he peeled Bailey off his back. “Down, boy,” he commanded as he set Bailey back on his feet.
 
“I gots a new coloring book from Grandpa,” Bailey pointed out happily.
 
“Yeah? Good . . . color something for me, will you?” Gunnar replied, affectionately ruffling the boy's hair.
 
“So why's Bailey okay but Olivia's not?” Bas asked with a quirked eyebrow.
 
“She'll be fine—just fine. Wean her and get her talking like Bailey, and she'll be all right with me.”
 
“You're such an ass,” Bas grumbled but grinned.
 
Gunnar chuckled. “Think so?”
 
“I know so, Mammy.”
 
“Oi!”
 
Bas grinned knowingly, letting Sydnie take the infant before he crossed his arms over his chest and slowly shook his head. “Mark my words: one day some woman's going to come along and snare you, and you'll be more than happy to have babies, too.”
 
“That'll never happen,” Gunnar shot back.
 
“Oh, yeah?”
 
Gunnar grinned. “Yeah.”
 
 
-The End-
 
 
 
 
 
-April 21, 2006-
-11:45 p.m.-
~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~ *~=~*~=~*~=~*~=~
A/N:
== == == == == == == == == ==
Final Thought fromGunnar:
Neeeeevahhhhhhhh
==========
Blanket disclaimer for this fanfic (will apply to this and all other chapters in Phantasm): I do not claim any rights to InuYasha or the characters associated with the anime/manga. Those rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi, et al. I do offer my thanks to her for creating such vivid characters for me to terrorize.
 
~Sue~