InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A "Twisted" Cinderella Story ❯ Say Goodbye to Happy Endings ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]



*Disclaimer ……. I do not own Inuyasha... “Wish I did”, I do own my own characters in the story!
This is my first and maybe only Fan Fiction, if you don't like it then doesn't read it. If you feel like you want to flame my story then go ahead but tell me what you think is so wrong about it. If you like it then please review I need all the encouragement I can get. Hope you enjoy




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
“Once upon a time there was a young maiden who lived alone with her father, who she loved ever so much. They were extremely happy until…….”

“Can you please stop?”

Mrs. Higurashi gently closed the story book and looked up at the eight year old who was lying in the bed. Slightly wondering if there was something wrong with the current story, she was reading. Ever since she could remember their story time was never interrupted.

“Baby, is there something wrong with the story?”

Shaking her head the eight year old sighed, “mommy don't you think fairytales are little too childish for us big kids?” She said, while puffing out her chest, trying to prove her point.

Mrs. Higurashi looked at her daughter, and gave a gentle laugh, “ oh my little one, you can never be too old to stop believing in these stories, kagome dear you are never too old.”

Kagome looked at her mother and gave a small smile…. “Maybe, but I am still a big girl,” she huffed out.

Miss Higurashi laughed again, why her eight year old would think she was too old for a story was beyond her. She was about to say more when the door to the room opened and a dark man walked in.

“Ayumi don't you think its time you put the brat to bed?”

“Hmmmfff.,,,”

Ayumi glanced at her husband, chewing slightly on her bottom lip. To say something or to question him wasn’t the best way to keep things calmed between them but it was story time. Ever since kagome was a baby they always held it at the same time. Gathering her courage she decided tradition wouldn’t be stopped so easily.

Naraku, it will only be a minute, please this is a tradition, and I will be downstairs in a moment.

Naraku; Kagome's step father growled and closed his eyes, disobedience was something he did not tolerate, shaking his head he gave a dark chuckle before his eyes darkened.

“AYUMI PUT THE FUCKING KID TO BED NOW!”

Kagome screamed and dived under the cover at the volume of her step father's voice. He hardly ever raised his voice an when he seldom did, it always meant his patience was gone.

Ayumi glanced at Naraku out the corner of her eye before looking at her frightened daughter.

I will be their in a minute dear husband, each word dipped in sarcasm;” All the while looking at Kagome who now just decide to come out of hiding.

“You have 10 seconds Ayumi before I come in there a drag you out”, he took satisfaction in the way the young woman's back stiffened at his threat, and leaned against the door frame with slightly folded arms, by no means was he joking.

Ayumi grumbled a little while settling kagome in, already preparing her self for the upcoming fight. Smiling she pushed those thoughts into the back of her mind as she continue to tuck kagome in.

“Remember kagome you are never too old for a good fairy tale, I still believe in them, don't you?” She asked.

Kagome nodded before laying her head down. Ayumi got up and went to the door she looked back and added as a second thought.

“You can always find something good in fairytales all you have to do is look for them kagome, just look.”

With that she left the room. Kagome looked back up at the door as Naraku closed it and shuddered as it finally closed with a click. Kagome stretched and got comfortable slowly closing her eyes…Thinking slightly about Naraku, how much life sucked since her mother married him and the nightly screams that she would hear from beyond the door. She hated that man, she really did hate him.

Kagome opened her eyes at the last thought; she hated him, could she hate someone at the tender age of eight?

The sounds of arguing reached her ears as she could picture her mommy and Naraku fighting, yes she could hate him and she did hate him.

Starting to cry kagome tried to calm her self slowly laying back down she tried to think what her mommy always said: there is always a happy ending to a story just like in the Fairytales.

I hope your right mommy; I don't think I can wait till our happy ending.

Finally sleep began to claim little kagome as she got more comfortable; however, one thought crossed her mind before she fell into a deep sleep, Tomorrow night we can finish the story I guess I'm not too old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was 3 a.m. when the scream tore thru the night. Kagome jumped up and looked around, her heart racing as he eye adjusted to the dark.

“What was that?”

Speaking to no one; since no one was there; it was then when she smelled smoke and heard the screams coming from the open window. Kagome raised a little too afraid to go to the window.

Mommy always said to run away from fires not stop and look at them. Another scream pierced the night jolting the child of her thoughts. Sitting in the safety of her bed the screams and the sounds of the fire continued till it could no longer be ignored. Sliding out the bed kagome crept to the window and looked out.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH…

Kagome panicked and scrambled off towards the stairs,
The image of her mommy’s car burning froze in her mind as she ran
... Please oh please no mommy!!!!

Kagome ran down the hall and just reached the top of the landing when she lost her footing. Something or someone seemed to push her sending kagome to the bottom of the stairs and hitting the post.

And was knocked out cold.

Naraku stood there still above the unmoving child; with a tainted smile looking back out the front door towards the burning car and chuckled…

“Tsk, tsks little kagome you and you're mother will have to learn …. There's no such thing as fairy tales.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~

10 YEARS LATER

Kagome sat alone in her room, she thought back to that night 10 years ago, the night she lost her world, the night when she learned the truth... there are no such things as fairy tales and there are no such things as happy endings either.

Kagome continued to look Blankley at new scar on her body… yes she thought there are no such things as happy ending, none what's so ever, especially not for me...

“So why do I still want to believe? How can I still believe?”

“Because… she said you should never stop believing” Kagome shook the voice out of her head and kept looking at the mirror, all the while trying to stop the tears before they fell.

Rule number one kagome... never let them see you cry... as she choked on another sob her throat getting hoarse and scratchy, from fighting the on coming tears. She moved back away from the mirror running her hands over the scar...

Please heal, she whispered…. As she traced the edge of the marred skin she remembered how she came to receive this one particular scar… I for got… I for got the first rule. You do not cry in front of him or company or the punishment would be scarring!

Kagome shuddered and thought of how she had broken in to tears when a “business friend” as Naraku calls them, came to her house and openly flirted and touched her and Naraku sat and did nothing, she thought of how she couldn't hold the tears back as she slapped the man and ran.

Kagome shook her head as the memories came back, the feeling of dread, the actual feeling of death upon her when she heard Naraku escort his “business friend” out. The feeling got worse when she heard the stairs start creak and groan under Narakus’s feet all the while he was slowly coming towards her room…

Another sob started to make it's way up her throat, kagome stopped thinking back on what happened that night, for once in her life she was thankful that her step sisters came home, or god knows’ what sick idea could have popped into Narakus’ twisted mind.

Snapping out her thoughts, Kagome realized that she been away to long from her “family” and slowly re adjusted her clothes and started to walk out of the comfort of her room, away from the fantasy world she created where maybe she could have her fairy tale life, her sanctuary, but as she walked the world she created slowly disappeared and the cruel harsh world known as reality stepped in and took it's rightful place in running her life.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Well that it for the first chapter…. If you like it and want the rest please review...