Fan Fiction ❯ Past, Present, and Future ❯ Chapter 1: The Awakening ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n: Hey guys! This is my first story written and actually thought up by yours truly! The last story I wrote wasn't a biog favorite, but I promise! I've gotten better. Hope you enjoy, and I hope to get at least 3 reviews instead of 1!
 
 
 
Chapter 1:
The Awakening
 
 
 
Year 4289 A.D. Earth…
 
 
 
Darkness….. That is all I've ever known… or all I can ever remember... that is…
 
The never ending, eternal, sinister night…. Never wavering. When will this darkness end? When shall I have my freedom? Or… Am I destined to stay in this `prison' my whole life..?” this echoed through the quiet recesses.
 
What am I..? Who am I? It's been so long… so long… such a hellish sleep” echoed once again, the noise unheard.
 
Sleep…. Why must… sleep comes again… such-”
 
~+~+~+~+~+~++~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
 
 
Fire engulfed many buildings, horribleshrieks and screams pierced the darkening air. The sound of clashing weapons filled the ears of all in the area, the scent of smoke, burning flesh, and blood filled the noses.
 
Many strange shadows… those looking human… yet, not quite, ran for there lives, only to be slain at the gates. Some took to the skies, only to be shot down… soon… none remained but two…
 
Two great figures…
 
Shadows… perhaps…
 
Yet still great.
 
One was surrounded in an ivory aura, holy and heavenly, the other shrouded in dark violet, an evil and sinister aura of those whom perhaps caused this city to be pillaged.
 
They sparred, one wielding a sword, the other a halberd. With desperation my body quickly ran to them, as I neared them, there height grew.
 
I mouthed words towards them… words unheard… unknown…, though everything seemed to halt.
 
Time, my body, my thoughts... everything.
 
The one with the white aura had fallen to itsknee. Crimson liquid spillingfrom itschest as the pointed end of the halberd was stuck into itschest, pinning him to the cold dirty ground.
 
The cranium of the figure turned just as a separate pair of arms wrapped around my form. Snatching me up and whisking me away from the scene, two crimson pools shining at me as I grew distant.
 
“Daughter…” echoed in a deep and masculine voice.
 
With a sudden shine, a sight so horrifying… the shadow with the violet aura brought up his weapon high.
 
The fallen giving a final...soft and sweet smile towards my form, slowly closing those crimson pools.
 
My hand stretched out, words mouthed, ones known, `NO!!!!!!!', in one fateful motion, the halberd dropped, connecting to the white shadow's neck like a guillotine, head dislodging from the rest of the body, rolling slightly upon the floor, crimson fluid splashing the area, absorbed into the sands and gravel…
 
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
 
My orbs shot open, heart racing, and my breathing sporadic as I recovered from the demonic dream.
 
Visionaries focused upon the green abyss, then closed slowly.
 
Again… that same dream… who the hell is that man!” echoed the frustrated voice.
 
How long have I slept..?
 
Only more questions surfaced… no answers in sight.
 
I'm seriously growing tired of this…. This sleep…. This state of unconsciousness… why… no… no please… no more slee-“
 
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
 
 
Laughter... It filled the air.
 
My gaze focused on one point, a shadowed male. His crimson orbs… and white aura made me recognize him instantly. The room around them, spilling, though happiness was the only thing I felt at the moment.
 
His own smile, forming again, my own shining back as he spun my small form around. The room slowly began to clearas he slowed a quick kiss to my forehead before putting me down.
 
The room was full of riches, but not only that, but joy… and happiness.
 
His hand reached out, placing upon my head, fingers embellishing themselves in my long tresses. They began to shift quickly, ruffling up my silken locks, my delicate fingers rebelling against his actions.
 
Laughter erupted from him once again.
 
“Just like your mother…” echoed in an almost godly voice.
 
However in a moment too brief to be counted by any tool, his body was bent down, whisking me to the left along with his own form.
 
An arrow whizzedby, landing harmlessly into the lush carpet.
 
A flash of white was seen, the sound of a sword being drawn from a sheath, and the attacker's location noted. The guardian shadow which held me by his side, his sword was pointed directly at the throat of the attacker, who was also masked in a shadow, yet had a tail similar to a rat.
 
His garbs were similar to those who came in soon after, taking this rat shadow away.
 
Once gone, my protector bent down, “Do not fear… I'm always here for you”
 
His mouth continued to move, but I could not hear the words, nor read his shadowed lips.
 
A thunderous racket… started to pull me from dreams… and long lasting silence…
 
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
 
 
These noises… muffled and distant jarred my body. It sent me into fits of convulsions that I could not control…
 
`Yet… what body do I have? What is this language I speak? How do I even know what a body or language is! Or if there is one more many languages!?'
 
Again… more questions…
 
They ran rampant within my mind as the disturbance around me continued.
 
The sounds drew closer and closer, seemingly with every second, though what sense of time do I have..?
 
My `body' shook more violently as sounds of cracking reached my ears, that and the sounds of things crushed around me, each one muffled and distorted.
 
The cracking grew louder, ringing in my ears.
 
The sound of cracking glass…
 
Perhaps… a way of freedom from this hellish prison..?