InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 3): Learning To Deal ❯ Far and Away ( Chapter 14 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thanks much for the reviews left so far. I read each and every one of them, and greatly appreciate the time you took to leave one.
 
Live and Let Die: Learning to Deal
 
 
Chapter 14: Far and Away (Warning: Lime)
 
 
InuYasha suddenly felt guilty leaving Kagome, even though she wasn't really alone. He knew that she had the strength to stand up to Kikyou if need be and then suddenly came to the realization that it was probably a good thing that he was not there. By his former love approaching them with an offer to help when he was not around, Kagome might be more willing to listen to her proposal. And as much as InuYasha hated to admit it, Kikyou was a powerful priestess and could probably help her. However, the decision should be Kagome's. Even if he were there, he would not insist that she do something she was not comfortable with.
 
InuYasha was equally, if not even more so, concerned about Sango. As soon as Kikyou showed up in the village, she would know that Kohaku was somewhere nearby. He would not want to be in Miroku's place, trying to stop her from going after her younger brother. InuYasha hoped that Miroku would be able to convince her to leave the boy alone until he was ready to face her. Kikyou had obviously done a good job of keeping him safe and away from Naraku. The hanyou surmised that the undead miko must have been keeping the shard in the boy's back pure so that the Naraku could not use it to control him. And if that was the case, Kikyou probably couldn't stay away from him for very long. Either she would have to return to where he was hidden or she would have to bring him with her.
 
Things had certainly gotten complicated.
 
 
 
 
The others were still sitting around the fire, waiting for Miroku to return, when they all felt a flare from Kagome.
 
“What is it, child?” Kaede asked, even though she was fairly certain what had caused the reaction.
 
“Her,” Kagome said as she nodded the direction that Miroku and InuYasha had disappeared in. “Why is she here?”
 
They heard a gasp as Sango saw Kikyou and heard her whisper, “If she's here, then Kohaku…”
 
They saw Miroku jogging along the trail until he caught up with Kikyou and then he slowed down to walk alongside her. He moved ahead and went to Sango as they approached the fire.
 
“You knew?” Sango asked. “You knew she was near?”
 
“InuYasha and I ran into her on the trail,” Miroku practically whispered. He knew she would be really upset if she found out that Kikyou had been in the area for several days, along with her brother, and he and Kaede both knew.
 
Kagome stood. “InuYasha is not here. Why are you here, Kikyou?”
 
“I have come to offer my assistance, if I may. I understand you have - gifts - that you need to learn to control. I wish to help you,” the undead miko replied.
 
“I don't think that it such a good idea,” Kagome said. “I don't think InuYasha would approve.”
 
Kikyou responded, “He stated he would not make the decision for you - that it is yours to make.”
 
“When-” Kagome was cut off by Miroku.
 
“What she says is true. We ran into her when I was speaking with InuYasha. He told Kikyou that he would not speak for you. You can choose to accept her help or to send her on her way,” Miroku informed her.
 
“He said that?” Kagome said, a bit confused. Why would InuYasha even consider allowing Kikyou to help?
 
Kaede spoke, sensing the wariness in the younger miko, “Child, Kikyou wishes to help destroy Naraku. While we wait for him to appear, she would like to assist in your training. She means no harm, and her help could be of great value. However, we do understand if you are uncomfortable with it and wish to refuse.”
 
Kagome took a deep breath as she ran the pros and cons through her mind. InuYasha had obviously not thrown a fit and said no, though he had not insisted she do it either. Miroku from his response seemed to agree with Kaede that Kikyou could be of some benefit. She did have a lot to learn and wanted to get as much done as possible before InuYasha or even Lord Sesshomaru returned to the village. Swallowing her pride, hoping that it would be worth it, she said, “Okay. I'll give it a go.”
 
 
 
 
Sesshomaru was taking his time returning to the village, choosing to walk with his usual companions. He was hoping to perhaps hear something of Naraku's whereabouts if he took the slower mode of travel. As usual, Rin was nearby, running around Jaken or Ah-Un and then darting off to gather flowers, but never wandering so far as to be out of sight.
 
The young girl ran to Sesshomaru as they walked and asked, “Lord Sesshomaru, are we returning to see InuYasha-sama and Kagome-sama?”
 
“Yes, Rin, we are,” the Taiyoukai responded.
 
“Are you going to continue to instruct them?”
 
“Yes, Rin, they have much to learn.”
 
“Will you teach Rin someday? Rin would like to learn to read and write. Shippou is learning, can Rin learn, too?”
 
Sesshomaru looked down at his ward. “Who is instructing him?”
 
“Sango-sama. She started to teach him while you were working with the others. There was not much to do, so she said we should do something productive. I think she was afraid to ask you if I could learn to, so she let me color. Rin knows that you can read and write, and would like to, too.”
 
“If you wish, you may do so,” Sesshomaru answered. He knew that Rin was bright and intelligent, but had no idea she wanted to learn such things. Most humans of the time could not, except those that were high born. He did not realize that the demon slayer was able to, but it probably was because of the number of unusual potions and poisons she used in her trade. He knew the monk would be able to read and write, for it was necessary for his position. Of course he already knew about the little miko, who often had a journal in her hands.
 
His brother's pack was certainly an unusual group.
 
 
 
 
InuYasha was both excited and worried as Kirara approached the home of Totosai. As usual, all of the area was smoldering, which fortunately did not bother Kirara in the least.
 
“All right, Kirara, let's see if the old geezer is home,” InuYasha commented as they started their descent.
 
 
Totosai felt the powerful aura approach and almost ran and hid. However, just before doing so, he recognized it, and stood to go to the mouth of the oversized skull that formed the cave he called home. His eyes were even more bugged out than usual as he watched InuYasha descend on the firecat.
 
“What're you staring at, old man?” InuYasha asked him, rather rudely.
 
“What have you done?” Totosai questioned.
 
“What do you mean?” InuYasha responded, puzzled at the question.
 
“Ohhhhh, I get it. You finally claimed the miko. It made you even stronger than you were, didn't it?”
 
InuYasha blushed. “What about it?”
 
“Lord InuYasha!” a tiny voice quipped.
 
“I should have known this is where you disappeared to. Didn't you tell this old geezer what happened?” InuYasha asked Myouga.
 
“I tried to, but he did not believe me! He said you were both too stubborn for that to ever happen,” the flea responded.
 
“He did, did he?” InuYasha's eyes landed on Totosai, but then he sighed. “He would have been right, under other circumstances. But it did, and we are.”
 
“So why are you here? What have you done to my Tessaiga?” the old man hesitantly asked.
 
“There's nothing wrong with Tessaiga, that's not why I came,” the hanyou answered.
 
“Well, spit it out, why are you here?”
 
InuYasha reached inside his haori and pulled out the cloth with the diamonds he had collected folded within it. He sat and laid it flat on the ground, and proceeded to place the diamonds in two patterns that each resembled a tree. He then pulled out a ring that Mama had allowed him to borrow, a plain band that looked like a man's wedding ring, and placed it in the palm of his hand. Holding his hand flat, and showing it to Totosai, he said, “Humans get married to show that they are mates, and in Kagome's village it is a tradition to exchange bands like this to wear on your finger.”
 
He slipped the ring over his pinky, since that was the only one it would fit. “Normally it goes on this finger,” the hanyou said while indicating the third finger of his left hand, “and there is one for each mate. I wanted to see if you could take these diamond shards from Tessaiga, and make them into bands for us. More than that, I wanted to see if you could do something so that we could still connect with each other when we're apart. Right now we can do things when we're together, but we haven't mastered them when separated. Do you think that's something you can do, old man?”
 
InuYasha was glad he'd had nearly three days to plan out what he was going to say.
 
Totosai sat in silence and scratched his chin as he thought. “I will need something to bond them with. You performed the blood bond with the miko?”
 
“You know I did,” InuYasha responded.
 
“Then your blood should have some of hers mixed with it as well, so I'll need that. Do you have anything else of hers?” Totosai asked.
 
InuYasha reached into his sleeve and pulled out a small braid of hair he had wrapped around his wrist. “I brought this. It is Kagome's.”
 
Totosai reached over and took it from him and then stood to disappear into his cave. He came back with one hand held behind him, expecting the worse. “Okay, open wide then.”
 
As soon as Totosai had said he would need something to bond the shards, InuYasha knew what was coming. He had been on his best behavior because he really wanted this for both Kagome and himself. And so he opened wide and closed his eyes, though he did flinch when Totosai yanked a fang out. He stayed that way, expecting another to be removed until he heard, “What is it, sonny? Trying to catch flies?”
 
At that point the hanyou did reach over and bop him on the head. “You could have told me you only needed one!” he exclaimed.
 
“I only needed one to repair Tessaiga when it was smashed! Why'd you think I would need more than that for this?” the sword smith answered, rubbing his head.
 
InuYasha ignored him and asked, “So do you really think you can do it?”
 
“Well, I don't know. This is normally the kind of thing that you would go to Housenki for, but since he's no longer around, I'll give it a try. No promises though.”
 
“But you'll try?” InuYasha confirmed.
 
“That's what I said,” Totosai responded. “Now, Myouga, get me some blood.”
 
Myouga was rubbing his hands with glee, because he knew he was going to get some of InuYasha's tasty blood. And if InuYasha wanted Totosai to complete this task, he couldn't squash him. He was now bouncing up and down in excitement.
 
InuYasha thrust the forearm that bore his marks towards Myouga. “If you must, take it from here. We're most strongly connected by our marks right now.”
 
Myouga was hoping to go straight for the jugular, but realized that probably would be the best blood to take and probably the strongest as it ran right under his mating marks. “Here goes nothing,” the flea youkai said as he stuck his beak into InuYasha's arm and began to suck, blowing up like a balloon.
 
`I hope this works, Kagome. I wish I could feel you this far away,' the hanyou thought as he watched his vassal plunge into his forearm.
 
“Fuck, don't get carried away! Leave some for me!” InuYasha exclaimed as he watched the flea swell.
 
“That's plenty, Myouga,” Totosai said. “You've had your fun for today. Now, I need five days.”
 
“FIVE DAYS!” the hanyou exclaimed. “You fixed Tessaiga in THREE!”
 
“Do you want me to try this or not?” Totosai responded. “I've never done anything like it before, you know. And you want TWO of them.”
 
InuYasha sighed. “All right - five days, but not any longer!” He was impatient to get back to his mate, even though he knew she was training hard back at the village. Suddenly he was very glad that he had warned Miroku that this might take longer and not to worry.
 
“Well, make yourself useful and go find us something to eat. I work faster on a full stomach, you know,” Totosai told him. “Go on, get going.”
 
 
 
 
Kagome slapped her forearm as she felt an unexpected sting. “Ow, what was that?” At the same time the barrier she had managed to erect around herself fell, and Miroku barely stopped himself in time from whacking her with his staff he was about to test her with yet again.
 
“What happened?” Kaede asked as she narrowed her eye.
 
“I don't know. It felt like something bit me,” Kagome responded looking at her forearm and running her hand over it. “But I don't see anything. At first I thought I heard InuYasha and then something stung me. It seems to be gone now.”
 
“You lack concentration. Do it again,” Kikyou commanded.
 
Kagome glared at her formal rival and flared with energy. Almost instantly, a protective barrier surrounded her.
 
“Good, now hold it. Do not loose your focus this time,” the undead miko ordered.
 
Kaede nodded at Miroku and he swept at Kagome's feet with his staff, unwilling to attempt to hit higher up. His staff met the resistance of her barrier and bounced away.
 
“Again, harder. And don't be afraid to hit me, Miroku. Naraku won't be,” Kagome reassured him.
 
Miroku swung a little higher up, but not much harder. Again, his staff bounced away.
 
“Do it like this,” Kikyou demanded as she took Miroku's staff away from him and heaved it towards Kagome with all her might.
 
 
Kagome was doing extraordinarily well under the tutelage of the Kikyou, Miroku and Kaede, but not for the reasons one might think. It had nothing to do with their abilities or teaching skills. What it did have to do with was Kagome's desire to better herself and not fail under the undead miko's eyes. She was bound and determined to do everything better than Kikyou thought she would be able to, and that resolve manifested itself with an unexpected effect; well, at least for Kikyou.
 
Kagome's anger flared when her predecessor took Miroku's staff away from him, chiding him, and then took a swing at her, herself. As Sesshomaru had not that long ago, Kikyou found herself airborne and flying across the clearing. Her soul collectors swooped down and wrapped themselves around her, easing her to the ground so that she was saved the embarrassment of landing on her butt.
 
Even Kaede's lip twitched as she watched her older sister fly across the clearing. She knew that Kikyou would not believe that the child had that kind of power unless she witnessed it for herself. Experiencing it was even better.
 
Kagome had allowed her barrier to drop after she hurled the clay miko through the air and was surprised when she realized that Kikyou was now charging at her, once her feet hit the ground. Kagome closed her eyes and reached into herself, finding her power around her heart and this time practically threw it at Kikyou, rather than erecting it as a barrier around her.
 
She opened her eyes and focused on Kikyou's chest, and the ball of energy hit her, throwing her back again. This time, the undead miko did land on her ass and looked stunned as she stared at her reincarnation. Kagome in return glared at her, as if daring her to challenge her again.
 
Kikyou stood up slowly and brushed herself off. Kagome still had not taken her eyes off of her.
 
As the two faced off, Kaede silently urged Miroku to walk up behind Kagome and take another whack at her. He was reluctant to after watching what the young miko had just done to her opponent. Still, he understood that they needed to see if Kagome was still aware of what was happening around her, or if she had developed tunnel vision towards Kikyou.
 
Miroku found himself stopped by a barrier, and gently pushed back, as if Kagome knew it was not in his heart to harm her. Finally getting braver, the monk heaved his staff towards her, and it simply bounced away.
 
Still staring down Kikyou, Kagome finally said, “Are you done now?”
 
The undead miko opened her mouth, but nothing came out. She could not ever remember being at a total loss for words. So, Kaede spoke instead. “How did you do that?”
 
“Which part?” Kagome asked.
 
“We have seen you throw someone before when you erected your barrier, so that was no surprise. But what did you do when my sister started to attack you?” Kaede questioned.
 
“I reached inside myself and decided to see if I could stop her, so I thought about hitting her instead,” Kagome answered.
 
“And Miroku?”
 
“Oh, I knew he was still there, and I didn't really want to hurt him since his heart really isn't in this, so I just shoved him out of the way.”
 
“But, how?” Kaede asked again.
 
Kagome bit on her bottom lip and chewed on it nervously before she finally answered, “I don't really know. I just thought about it and did it. It worked for the barrier, so I figured, why not? Never know unless you try.”
 
“Indeed,” Kaede stated.
 
Kagome almost giggled. It sounded like Kaede had been spending too much time with Lord Sesshomaru. But instead, she sank to the ground. “I don't know about you guys, but I'm pooped. Is it dinnertime yet?”
 
“Well, it appears that we are through for the day since Kikyou disappeared,” Miroku offered. “I have to admit, I am impressed at what you have accomplished in barely three day's time.”
 
“You do seem to be very motivated,” Kaede added.
 
Kagome knew that Kikyou was long gone, so she responded, “I have to admit, I was wary about Kikyou being here at first, but it has really helped.”
 
Miroku raised an eyebrow. He noticed her choice of words. “You mean that she has really helped, do you not?”
 
“No, I meant what I said. You and Kaede have been a great help to me, but having Kikyou here motivated me to do even more than any of you expected. I wasn't about to fail with her watching,” Kagome replied honestly.
 
“Well, she will never admit it, but I think you impressed even my sister with that last display. You must be exhausted, child, so let us go back and see how our stew is coming along,” Kaede told her.
 
“Works for me,” Kagome said as she struggled to her feet.
 
Miroku offered her a hand, and the younger miko hesitated before she accepted it.
 
Miroku sighed. He was so misunderstood.
 
 
 
 
InuYasha was doing his best to remain busy while waiting on Totosai. For the last few days he had chopped wood, brought food, or just run to burn off steam while he passed the time. He even went far enough to find a stream with good fish to catch some for Kirara, who was much more patient at sitting around than he was.
 
Still, the hanyou was uneasy as he looked towards the horizon and saw that the full moon was beginning its climb into the night sky. He actually blushed as he remembered the last full moon, and felt his youkai surge as night fell. The hanyou hated to admit it, but he was miserable without Kagome, but also knew that without her present, he should be able to maintain in control of himself this time. Last time he did not expect for his youkai blood to become so dominant, demanding that he claim his mate over and over again throughout the night. This time, he wanted to remain calm and in control. He hoped he would be able to succeed without Kagome near him. If he could learn to restrain himself now, then hopefully he would be able to even when she was with him during the full moon.
 
 
InuYasha returned to the cave with enough fish for all of them, already prepared for cooking with a spit run through them. He silently entered and put their dinner over the fire before he sat down. Feeling his youkai trying to surface, he decided to meditate as he had with Kagome. He hoped it would help him to remain calm, keeping his demon in check.
 
Totosai whistled softly as he came in and saw InuYasha sitting with his legs crossed, Tessaiga across his lap, and his hands resting on his knees, palms up. He was glowing a soft red, and his demon facial markings were visible. The hanyou's eyes were closed, so they couldn't see what color they were.
 
“Will you look at that,” Myouga said very softly, not wanting to disturb him. “He looks so peaceful.”
 
“I cannot believe how much he looks like his father,” Totosai whispered back. “But what's going on?”
 
“It is the night of the full moon,” the flea offered. “It is the night when his youkai is at it highest during the month. Without his mate near, he must be working to keep it from taking over. I do not think we need worry about him going into a blood lust. He has slowly been gaining control over his youkai blood since he took the miko as his mate.”
 
“I have to admit, taking her as his mate was probably the smartest thing he ever did. He certainly has matured,” Totosai responded.
 
“I'm not deaf, you know,” InuYasha said as he opened his eyes. Much to the relief of both Myouga and Totosai, they were gold even though there was a red haze to them and his face was marked. “What?!”
 
“Well, it is just that, well…you have control?” Myouga asked. “Even though your aura and markings are visible?”
 
InuYasha clenched and unclenched his hands. “Yeah, I do, you old flea. My markings are visible?”
 
“Yes, and your aura was, too, until just now,” the tiny youkai responded.
 
“It's true, sonny,” Totosai added for good measure when InuYasha looked to him. “What were you doing, exactly?”
 
“I was working on an exercise I did with Kagome when we first started. I could feel my blood start to rise as the full moon did, and I didn't want it to take over. So far, this seems to be helping. Let's eat, and then I'll go out to where I can have some peace and quiet,” InuYasha said pointedly.
 
 
 
 
Kikyou was basically in shock as she disappeared from the clearing by the ancient well to return to Kohaku. Over the last three days she had seen incredible progress made by the young miko. Because Kagome had already learned where her power was centered, it had been fairly easy for her to call upon it to make a barrier once they had explained how. And she also held up against their attacks as they tested it much better than expected. The houshi had managed to sweep her off of her feet once, and after that they could not penetrate the protective bubble that she had surrounded herself with.
 
However, even the barrier was nothing unusual for a miko. No, what had really gotten the undead miko's attention was first, being thrown across the clearing as the young miko surrounded herself with such force it tossed her away, and then finding herself basically punched with a ball of miko energy and landing on her butt. That was totally unexpected, and Kikyou had never heard of, much less seen, anything like it. In addition, Kikyou could feel the sheer power contained in that sphere that was thrown at her. If she had been a demon, it could easily have purified her. In spite of what she wanted to believe about Kagome being tainted for mating with a hanyou, she had a purity about her that could never be explained. Kaede had tried to tell her that Kagome's purity came from her heart and nowhere else, but Kikyou refused to believe it, still believing that a miko must remain pure in body to have any real spiritual energy. Everything that had happened disproved everything she had ever believed.
 
 
 
 
Kagome retreated from the others; she needed to be alone, if only for a little while. She grabbed her bow and arrows to take with her, just in case, and headed for the Goshinboku. As she looked up at the full moon filling the sky, she wondered if InuYasha missed her as she missed him.
 
However, as much as she loved him, perhaps it was a good thing that he was gone for now. He was on his own mission, and Kagome had so much to do before he returned. She wanted to surprise him, and for him to be proud of her. And as much as she hated to admit it, she was able to concentrate on her tasks better with him not so near. For when he was with her, she wanted to hold him, love him, play with his ears, and make him cry out her name in the heat of passion. Her entire body flushed with pleasure at that thought.
 
“Down girl, he's with Totosai,” Kagome said out loud to herself as she neared the tree. Turning so that she was facing away from Goshinboku and could look up at the moonlit sky, she sat down. She crossed her legs in front of her so that she could rest her hands on her knees. Her bow and quiver were next to her, within easy reach. Closing her eyes, she let her mind wander.
 
`Oh, InuYasha, where are you right now? What are you doing?' the miko thought to herself.
 
`What do you think I'm doing? I'm waiting for the old geezer to finish the bands,' the hanyou responded.
 
`InuYasha?' `Kagome?' `You go first,' they thought together.
 
`Are you here?' Kagome asked hesitantly. `I can't feel you.'
 
`No, wench. I'm with Totosai. Well, he's inside, and I'm out here. I needed some fucking peace and quite. He and Myouga don't know when to shut up,' the hanyou responded.
 
`Myouga is there with you?' Kagome clarified.
 
`That's what I said, ain't it?' She could even hear her mate chuckle with that statement.
 
`So how, how are you?' Kagome wasn't really sure how to ask how he was holding up under the full moon without her.
 
`Okay, I guess. You?'
 
`Pretty good, I guess.'
 
`Is…is…is…' but he couldn't ask.
 
`What is it, InuYasha?'
 
`Well… did…well… did she…'
 
`She's here.'
 
`How do you know who I meant?' InuYasha questioned.
 
`It's okay. Miroku told me you said it was my choice, so I said she could help.'
 
`Has she? Helped, I mean?'
 
`Yeah, I guess she has.' Kagome couldn't help but giggle at that thought.
 
`Oi, wench, what's so funny?'
 
`Well, you know how I accidentally tossed your brother across the clearing?'
 
`Yeah… wait a minute, you didn't…'
 
`I did.'
 
`So what did she think of that?'
 
`I don't think she was too happy. She tried to attack me, in fact.'
 
`She did what?? What do you mean, tried?'
 
`Well, I decided to try something new and basically threw a ball of my energy at her. It knocked her flat on her ass.'
 
`You did WHAT?'
 
`It's hard for me to explain exactly what I did, but basically I threw a punch at her. And then she disappeared. I guess she went back to Kohaku.'
 
`Has Sango seen him yet?' InuYasha asked, not certain if he really wanted to know the answer.
 
`Not yet. Miroku was able to convince her not to go until they received some word he was ready to see her. She was really upset at first, but she finally calmed down. Miroku pretty much had to hold her back until she agreed to wait.'
 
`I bet that hurt. Sango hits pretty hard when she's mad,' the hanyou commented. Kagome didn't have to tell him Miroku got bashed a time or two in that encounter.
 
The miko nodded and then remembered he wasn't there. `I think he had a few bruises, all right. InuYasha?'
 
`Yeah?'
 
`Are you really allright, I mean well, tonight…'
 
`The full moon? I'm dealing with it, though I'd rather be with you. But this is probably good practice. I don't know if I could keep control like this if you were here with me. I think I scared both of those old geezers, though.'
 
`What do you mean?'
 
`Well, I decided to meditate like we did together while I was waiting for dinner to cook, and they came back in and saw me. Apparently my youkai had surfaced enough for my markings to show. I heard Totosai say that I looked like my father, though…'
 
`He said that?'
 
`Yeah, he did.'
 
`It must be true, then, since you know he knew him. Have you ever thought about asking one of them about him?'
 
InuYasha sighed. He wanted to know more, but at the same time he was afraid.
 
Kagome could pick up his apprehension and added, `I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked.'
 
`It's okay. I've thought about it. Maybe one day I will.'
 
`Hey, InuYasha?'
 
`Yeah, Kagome?'
 
`Are you as horny as I am?'
 
`Keh??'
 
`Just looking at the full moon reminded me of last month. I wish you were here with me.'
 
`Well, wench, I guess I am. Too bad we can't do anything about it.'
 
`Are you where Totosai and Myouga can see you?'
 
`Not unless they come looking for me, though Kirara is somewhere around here keeping an eye on things.'
 
Kagome smiled to herself. They couldn't be together physically, but maybe… `InuYasha, loosen your hakama and fundoshi. You don't need to be miserable because I'm not there.'
 
`Nani?'
 
`It's okay, do this for me. I know you're hard, I can tell. I'm horny as hell so I know you are, too. Are you free? Now, wrap your hand around yourself and pull. Imagine it's me, my hand. There, now increase the pressure some, and pull. That's it, up and down. Doesn't that feel good? Feel the moisture leaking from the tip? Take your thumb and rub it, and now grip yourself again. You can speed up now. Think of me, as I'm thinking that it is you gently stroking my clit…ahhhh…dipping your finger inside me for moisture…oh, InuYasha…'
 
InuYasha couldn't believe what he was hearing at first; Kagome was telling him to jack himself off? He hadn't tried to do that in a long time. But she was right; he was unbelievably horny, wanting her attentions and to bury himself deeply inside of her body. So, he did the next best thing, which was to follow her instructions, and try to pretend it was her hand, not his. He loosened the ties on his hakama and then his fundoshi. The hanyou slipped his hand in and grasped his throbbing erection firmly in his fingers, as he listened to the soothing voice in his head. He pulled and then settled into an easy rhythm, stopping when she gave him added instructions to rub the head with his thumb, spreading the droplets leaking from the tip.
 
Kagome didn't know if this would work or not. But as she sat under the tree, she realized how much she wished he were there to fill her. Gods, how she loved the feeling of him inside her, and just the very thought of it was making her wet. Taking her own advice, she slipped her fingers under the edge of her panties and started to stroke her clit, imagining it was InuYasha. She dipped into herself for moisture, and then started to rub that little nub that was capable of setting her entire body on fire.
 
 
`Kagome, aaaaahhh,' she heard.`How do you do this to me when you aren't even here?'
 
`But I am there with you, at least in your heart and mind,' the miko responded. `Can you feel it? Is the pressure building? Come with me, InuYasha. Just a little faster, there…that's it…oh…oh…almost… Oh, don't stop… InuYasha…almost…just… a … little… more…'
 
`Oh, `gome…fuck that feels good. A little more…harder…harder…right…there… aaaaaaarrrgh…' he thought as he heard, would have sworn he felt, his mate go over the edge with him.
 
`InuYasha.' `Kagome,' they thought at the same time.
 
`Wow, I haven't had to do that in what seems like a very long time,' Kagome commented, forgetting who was listening.
 
`You mean…you mean…you've done that before? With who?' InuYasha sounded jealous.
 
`Nobody, silly. Why do you think I needed time to myself sometimes? I would get like that just being around you, but didn't think you'd ever want me that way. Sometimes it just became more than I could bear, so I would have to do something to relieve the tension myself. You mean you've never done anything like that?'
 
InuYasha was glad that very moment that she wasn't there to see him, for he was blushing the color of his firerat all over. Not to mention he finally realized he was still gently stroking himself as he thought of her. He almost forgot he was in the middle of a long distance conversation when he heard, `It's okay, InuYasha. Guys do that kind of thing all the time. Somebody is probably going to have to explain it to Souta one of these days.'
 
That made the hanyou choke, `What?'
 
`It's natural, InuYasha. And aren't you going to answer my question? You mean you've never done that before?'
 
`I…I didn't say that.'
 
`Well, spill it, then.'
 
`I think I just did,' the hanyou chuckled as he looked as his fingers that were glistening with the results of his efforts.
 
`InuYasha, you're my mate. I'm not going to think any less of you. I needed it when I thought you wanted to be with… well… with someone else. Didn't…well didn't you…I mean I had hoped… but maybe not…' Kagome's thought trailed away. Even this far away, InuYasha could tell she was distressed about something.
 
`Fuck, you know I'm no good with words. What is it, Kagome?'
 
`I guess it was too much to hope for. I'd hoped you'd thought of me that way. That maybe you had to do that to relieve the tension.' Even from here, InuYasha could tell she was upset, and was probably crying.
 
Taking a deep breath, the hanyou decided to tell her. `Kagome?'
 
`Yeah…'
 
`Well, it's just… it's just… when I tried that before, it sometimes made things worse than when I started,' InuYasha began. `That night…that night I got trapped…I had gone to take a soak in the river. I had to leave because of what you do to me. I thought you would leave and never come back if you knew. I wanted you so badly, but thought I couldn't have you, so I took off. I only planned to be gone for the night, or at least until I had it under better control. Don't you know? You'd done that to me for months. But I thought…'
 
Kagome sobbed out loud. `You thought you couldn't have me, that I didn't love you that way…'
 
`I…I was afraid…'
 
Kagome reached into herself and tried to pour her feelings of love for InuYasha into him. She never wanted him to doubt himself again, either in his feelings for her, or hers in him. Though he was not with her physically, she still imagined wrapping him in her aura as she had when they meditated together.
 
 
InuYasha was surprised as he not only heard his mate, but also would have sworn he felt her wrapping her aura around him, hugging him, draping him in her love. He responded by reaching out for her, trying to return her feelings. They both felt at peace as they comforted each other with their presence.
 
 
Totosai gasped from his place by the fire. The two rings he had been working on for InuYasha were glowing a fiery pink. “Will you look at that!” he exclaimed, pointing his withered finger at where they rested. Though not finished as of yet, they were well on their way.
 
“What is happening?” Myouga questioned as he jumped up for a better look.
 
“I don't know. Where's the whelp?” Totosai asked.
 
“Outside somewhere. Come on,” Myouga said urgently. “We should find him.”
 
Myouga jumped on Totosai and they headed outdoors. They headed in the direction from which they felt InuYasha's powerful aura, and came to a dead stop when they saw him. He was sitting with his back to them, but they could see his fiery red aura twisting and wrapping with a bright pink one. They began to merge together until InuYasha was bathed in the glow of the two combined. As they continued to watch, they could see him visibly relax as it settled over him.
 
“Let's go back in, Myouga. I think I have the proof I needed that what I'm trying is working. I think I'll tell him to return to his mate tomorrow, and I'll bring the rings to him when they are finished. I've never seen anything like it,” Totosai muttered, almost to himself.
 
“But Totosai,” Myouga started to argue.
 
“Can't you see he needs the time alone? Let's go in,” the old master said rather firmly. For he had noticed what Myouga apparently had not - that they couldn't see InuYasha's hands with good reason.
 
“But-”
 
“Do you really want to agitate him under this full moon?” Totosai cut in.
 
“Good point,” Myouga responded and they headed back indoors.
 
 
To be continued…