InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ InuErotica ❯ Sunshower ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Aquariel made me the most beautiful offer and I could not refuse her. She painted pictures in my head with words that I simply had to write. And then she drew them for me! I'm so happy! She does the most wonderful work and it is such an honor to work with her. Of course, this is a rather simple story, designed to get Inu+Kag in the most compromising of positions in the most beautiful of settings. Inotherwords, don't expect complicated characterizations or plots! This is a PWP (Plot, What Plot?), or, as I'm fond of saying, PIP (Porn IS Plot). If someone catches you reading it, just tell them you're only reading it for the scenery Warning: This story is about sex. Stop reading here if you're too young (17 or younger) or don't want to read explicit sex. Disclaimer: Don't own, don't sue. All characters property of Rumiko Takahashi. Link to Aquariel's awesome illustrations (w/o spaces):
[updated links 3/1/08]
www . babyloniantowers . com / fanarts / sunshower_aquariel . jpg
www . babyloniantowers . com / fanarts / sunshower3_aquariel .jpg
www . babyloniantowers . com / fanarts / sunshower2_aquariel . jpg
www . babyloniantowers . com / fanarts / thisbluehouse_aquariel . jpg
 
++++++++++++++++++++
 
Sunshower
 
“Are you sure you don't sense any shards, Kagome?” InuYasha's scowl was so familiar that Kagome didn't even look at him as he slouched against the fence while she re-tied her backpack, securing Kaede's medicines firmly inside.
 
“No, InuYasha,” she kept her voice even with effort, having just promised her diary to stop pining away after affections he would never give her. This had gone down in ink, right next to the promise to forgive her mother for buying her psychedelic underwear. Kagome sighed and stared at her hands as her fingers played with the little ropes on the top of her backpack. Even with her promise firmly recorded, she found herself struggling not to get angry with him. The way he refused to acknowledge the undertow current of attraction between them hollowed out an ache in her heart, and his protests about humans and youkai not mixing just added to the emptiness she felt. The more she tried to ignore the hurt, the more it grew inside her, impossible to ignore. But now was not the time to deal with it.
 
“I told you weeks ago that I think all the shards are either in Naraku's fragment or hidden so well we may never find them.” She stood and flung the pack on her back, placing a fist on her hip and setting the mantle of determination firmly on her shoulders. “Now Saske is sick and I have to get this medicine to her. Are you going to help me get there or not?”
 
InuYasha tightened his fists into his deep red sleeves and lifted his face to the mountains, studying their jagged profile against the afternoon sky. As he continued to stare at them Kagome decided that he was ignoring her and readied her lungs for a higher pitched complaint. At that moment InuYasha pushed himself off the fencepost and headed off towards the trees.
 
“You're leaving?” Kagome's flush ran through her before she even realized how angry she was. “Where do you think you're going?” Torn, her feet couldn't decide whether to run after him so she could hit him or stay planted so she could scream. Opting for something in between she took two steps forward and planted her feet hip-width, ready to yell at him. But he stopped at her words and turned, looking surprised.
 
“What? We're going already.” The nonplussed expression on his face told her that he was truly unaware of how antisocial he was. “Hurry up.”
 
“Grrrr.” Kagome muttered under her breath and walked up to where he stood, staring at him in exasperation. “InuYasha?”
 
“Yeah?” He looked at her blankly.
 
“We're a team, right?” She raised her eyebrows at him meaningfully.
 
“Yeah.” He cocked at eyebrow at her in return and she would have laughed if she hadn't been trying to make a point.
 
“We've been traveling together for years and you still don't get that you need to tell me where you're going when you leave.” Her hands were on her hips again.
 
He scowled again and she knew he wanted to start their favorite argument about how she should `just know' what he was thinking. She clenched her jaw and readied herself not to get into it if he succumbed to temptation despite their agreement to never fight about `that' again. Then he sighed and relaxed his shoulders, but annoyance still permeated his expression.
 
“We should go.” He said swiveling his head a little to indicate the landscape behind him. “I want to travel over the mountains-“ He swung a stern expression back to face her and his finger came up to stop her as she made ready to argue. “It's the fastest way and the passes will still be open for months. It's the quickest route and we don't have much time before Sango and Miroku get back from her village.”
 
They faced off for a minute, Kagome struggling with the fact that he'd agreed to take her but had somehow managed to turn the tables so that he wasn't `losing' the argument that had begun this whole confrontation. Does he know how good he is at that?
 
“Fine,” she said, pursing her lips to let him know he hadn't `won'.
 
“Okay,” he said matter-of-factly, turning once more to head away toward the distant heights. “We'll camp in the foothills tonight and set out in the morning.” His voice faded as he moved quickly away from her. “That way we won't get stuck up there…”
 
Kagome lengthened her strides trying to keep up with him, but she looked up at his retreating back as his last words trailed away in the breeze that blew between them. He almost sounds sad…
 
+++++++++
 
Kagome felt herself jostled awake and blinked up into the soft light chill of pre-dawn.
 
“InuYasha?” Her tongue was fuzzy with sleep. “Why are you waking me up so early?”
 
“The sky's funny, Kagome,” he said and she caught a clear note of nervous excitement in his early morning whisper. “Let's go.”
 
They broke camp quickly without a fire and were headed up a deer trail into the dense woods that skirted the mountain's midsection when the sun broke the horizon behind them, painting random orange splashes on the leaves and tree trunks ahead on their path. Kagome kept her usual pace, but InuYasha did not follow his typical pattern of trailing her in the treetops. Instead, he would run ahead and disappear for minutes on end before showing up behind her again. After a little while this odd behavior began to annoy her when he snuck up to startle her one too many times, but he was off again before she could express her irritation. Why is he leaving me alone so much? She began to feel nervous as she trudged, making up reasons for his distraction in her mind. Does he sense Kikyou somewhere near? Are we in danger? A little heat of anger, never fully doused from the day before, bubbled up inside as she dwelt upon his lack of communication, leaving her to wonder. Finally, she came to a steep slope in the path over some small boulders, grasses stuffed between them. And why won't he let me ride his back now that it's getting so rough?
 
As her feet cleared the small but pitched rise of weed-tangled rocks she stopped, breathing hard and looked up an even steeper slope. She blinked as she realized that the little tumble of rocks she'd just cleared was just the tail end of a long rock fall leading up above the trees to a narrow ridge slicing the sheer walls of dark stone on the mountain's face, ascending almost straight up. Kagome's chin rose and her eyes followed the precarious way up and she saw a place high above where the ridge leveled off at a craggy dip in the mountain's shoulder. That must be where the pass cut across to the other side, just under a crowded group of puffy clouds, flat and grey on the bottom and puffy white on top. She swallowed, wondering if InuYasha really planned to follow that dangerous path; just as she thought to yell for him, her eyes caught a small flash of red almost a mile ahead, perched on a boulder off the path where he sat looking out over the valley below them.
 
Heaving her pack farther up her back she stalked towards him, determined to find out what was behind his strange behavior. As she set off she talked to him in her mind, berating him for not being more supportive of her mission to help Kaede's kinswoman, nagging him for leaving her so exposed, whining at him for making her walk. The ongoing diatribe in her mind pushed her to a quick pace over the increasingly steep and rocky terrain and by the time she reached the point where she could see him clearly she felt ready to explode in his face. Glancing up at one point she stopped to squint into the noon day sun, the clouds having moved apart just enough to allow warm rays to shine down where he lay on a large boulder, eyes closed and unmoving.
 
“InuYasha!” she cried, scrambling quickly over the rocks and trying desperately to reach him. Her heart pounded with panic and guilt, hoping that she had not just seen his unconscious form and she studiously did not look down the sheer cliff at her side.
 
“What?” He crouched before her suddenly, hands steadying her shoulders as she wavered after her quick stop. He looked worriedly into her eyes. “What's wrong, Kagome?”
 
“What's wrong?” Her frantic worry quickly flashed her built-up-anger into a raging fire. “Where have you been? And why were you laying on the rock up there? I thought you were hurt!”
 
“You did?” He relaxed and let his hands drop to his sides as he straightened. “No-“ He shifted his gaze back up the hill, as though trying to piece together where he had been and what he'd been doing. “I was just-” he turned his head back with a look in his eyes she didn't recognize and then he cleared his throat. “The sky's still funny. It's gonna rain. I don't want to get stuck on the mountain face when it does. Climb on.” He knelt, becoming a secure base on a precarious perch and even though she still felt angry, she gratefully climbed up on his back, moving his hair aside so her knees could fit over the top of his hip bones and her hands could hook over his shoulders. As usual, her mind became distracted from its thoughts as his hands slipped up under her knees to cinch her into place. They were so warm, so strong.
 
He began to lope up the rocky path on the mountain and she turned her head to watch the rock wall move by, unnerved by the extreme drop off over his other shoulder. His back was warm and the motion of his hips between her legs was comforting, more rhythmic than his usual jerky run. Kagome noticed that after a few minutes they both seemed to relax into each other, absent the usual pounding adrenaline of chase or escape. Partly to shift position and partly to bring him closer, she wrapped her arms around his neck and was sure she felt a responding clench of his fingers under her thighs. A little bit of adrenaline jumped in her heart then, but not out of fear.
 
“InuYasha?” Her voice was gentle, soft.
 
“Yeah?” He responded quietly, too.
 
“What were you doing on the rock up there? I really was worried.”
 
He was silent for a minute and then stopped moving to shift her weight so his hands could slide in to clasp each other, forming a seat for her as his elbows held her knees more closely to his side. She lifted her face to look past his as he turned to face the expansive valley below them, huge swathes of light striping alongside the shadows of rain clouds. She glanced back the way they had been headed to notice they were not far from the ridge above and her fingers tightened instinctively on his shoulders to fight a wave of vertigo which overcame her as she looked out again at the land far beneath them, farmer's fields laid out like a quilt all the way to the horizon. Holding her breath she waited for him to speak.
 
“Kagome,” he started as though he planned to say something that might be difficult for her to hear; then he paused and took a deep breath. “I just… I just really like it up here. That's all.”
 
He didn't say anything else and she was a second away from telling him he needed to explain himself better when she noticed that he was still looking over the valley, his face calm, his body peaceful in her embrace. And suddenly, without really thinking, she followed his gaze out on the earth spread below them; her eye traced the dramatic contrasts of sunlit and shadowed landscape as he might be seeing them, felt the soft touch of the breeze as it brought a tang of moisture to her awareness, heard the little dribble of stones fall off the cliff far below them, scented the sharp piney foliage down the rock face. Noticing these things she sensed huge energies moving within the stillness around them, exciting her and soothing her at the same time. He shifted very slightly when a cooling wind flew by them and she felt as though InuYasha, clasped between her arms and legs, was part of that teeming serenity, impassive but ready to burst into motion.
 
They remained quiet, absorbing the place and it occurred to Kagome that she was the most unnatural thing on the entire mountainside, a girl out of time and barely able to survive on her own; whereas he could slip into the trees and rejoin the wilds without a ripple in the air around them. She watched his profile at the edge of her eye, noting his tranquility and wondering if he saw her as a burden, an unwelcome interruption in his experience of the grandeur around them.
 
“Look.” Clouds moved above them and InuYasha pointed with his chin at a moving circle of sunlight sliding up the mountain towards their perch. They watched it until it touched the stones on which they stood, shining down and washing them with warmth. Kagome smiled spontaneously, turning just as he did so that their lips almost touched; they both looked away and her cheeks burned.
 
Before either could say anything, Kagome felt a raindrop on her cheek and looked up, surprised the clouds were beginning to release their moisture while the sun shone so brightly. Little water drops were scattering in the sky, twinkling in the sunlight and she laughed, delighted by the rare show. InuYasha made a less amused sound and she had to grab his shoulders as he lurched around and ran quickly up the remaining boulder-strewn ridge to the top, flying as though Naraku nipped at his heels. She held on tight, wishing he would slow down so she could concentrate on the magical show of light and rain. He reached the top and took a mighty leap, grunting loudly as he launched them up into the glittering wet display.
 
“What's the hurry?” She managed to call over the whipping wind.
 
“Wet rocks,” he yelled back loudly so she could hear. “Slippery.”
 
The wind of their flight tossed their hair around them and Kagome could barely see what lay past the rough mountain ridge as they crested it. Squinting past their whipping locks she saw a green expanse spread beyond the grey rocky jumble and gasped as they began to descend into the calm stillness of a protected mountain meadow. Landing softly in the long grass, InuYasha exhaled and then his sides expanded underneath her as he recovered from the burst of motion. Leaning over, he slid her off onto the ground.
 
Kagome looked around and saw that they stood in a grassy meadow cradled in craggy rock teeth just below the mountain's peak, sheltered from the cool mountain breezes. The air was surprisingly warm and almost still. Behind them were little terraced steppes that proceeded up towards the very top of the mountain itself, the rain clouds wreathing it even as the sun shown down on the bright green grass at their feet. Other than the lush grasses, the only other vegetation were a few sparsely branched trees. She swung around to take another look as the meadow sparkled in the magical sunshower and realized that the meadow was in a depression, cutting out the wind but also preventing them from seeing the beautiful view. If she hadn't just spent hours ascending the steep slopes and face of the mountain, she wouldn't know they were so high, so isolated. InuYasha was looking around too, but true to form was annoyed than awed by the beauty the stood amidst. Following his gaze around the grassy field his irritation began to make sense when she realized then that there was no shelter up here, nothing to shield them from the rain, now coming down a little harder so that she had to wipe it out of her eyes.
 
“Humph,” he grunted and began pulling his suikan and kosode out of his waistband, long fingers already untying it. Kagome was surprised, like she was each time he she saw him without his fire-rat, at how narrow his hips were as he stretched up to pull the billowing cloth away. The generous red sleeves and jacket really made him seem so much larger than he was. “Well, come-on.” He dropped to the ground, stuffing his kosode in his lap with his legs crossed and his suikan up over his head, looking up at her like she was thick as fog.
 
“You…” She glanced from his eyes to his lap and back to his eyes. “You want me to sit in your lap?”
 
“You got a better idea?” He blushed a little and she bit her lip to keep from smiling, spontaneously aware that some kind of barrier seemed to be going down between them. “You're getting soaked and while there's not much wind in this place, there'll be plenty when we drop off down the other side. You'll freeze if you get too wet now.”
 
“Alright,” she mumbled, turning to sit slowly, lowering herself by holding his knees so that she didn't come down too hard on him. Her rear settled nicely into the circle of his legs and sunk down so her hips were wrapped tightly by his thighs and calves. He moved the cloth out over their heads so the rain did not spatter her shins and she instinctively leaned back into his chest, her temple warming with his breath.
 
Neither one spoke as their bodies adjusted to the feel of the other, Kagome realized she was holding her breath when the echo of her heartbeat joined with the bumping of his against her back. With a little catch in her throat, she tried to release the air from her lungs quietly and, though she couldn't be sure, it felt as though he did the same. Looking out from under their temporary shelter, she was captivated again by the magical display of bright afternoon light drifting untouched through the light rain shower.
 
“It's really neat, isn't it?” she said happily. “The way it's raining sunshine?”
 
He made a slightly dismissive noise, but without much disagreement in his tone. Kagome drew her knees up and hugged them to her chest then, happy and content to watch the lovely show, wrapped in him. Soon the rain came down slightly harder and the sun light began to wane.
 
“Aren't your arms getting tired InuYasha?” she said and glanced up over her head, sure she'd seen a little tremor in his hand.
 
“A little,” he replied neutrally.
 
“It doesn't look like it's going to let up any time soon,” she said sympathetically. “Why don't I hold it for a while?”
 
There was a slight pause and then he agreed, lowering his hands a bit as she raised hers and took over the duty. She straightened a little, arching her back to stretch and reach high enough to keep their tent from dripping on them, and as she pressed her chest out and her rear back, an unexpected pulse pressed against her tail bone. She blushed crimson as she realized what it was. He did not say anything, but lowered his hands to his knees by her sides. They sat in silence, staring out at the rain until it began to slow again, the clouds parting once more to let in the light. She glanced up once or twice to see him staring out at how the sun played on the meadow grasses, jerking and bouncing under the rain's assault. As the minutes passed, his body made no other unsolicited movements but before long Kagome's arms were hurting and she thought maybe she could risk another change of position.
 
Lowering her arms a little she said, “Um, my arms are tired now, InuYasha. Can you take the cloth?” Just as he raised his hands to comply, her hands reached the point where they angled the suikan down just enough for a small waterfall of rainwater to fall down on her legs, dribbling quickly down beneath her socks.
 
“Whoops!” she said, startled, and jerked her legs back against his. Without a word, he took the fabric from her and stretched it out so that it could fall against the outside of his knees, completely enclosing them in a tent of dusky red cloth. Kagome giggled a little when his hands found her legs and sought to brush off the water.
 
“What?” his voice sounded a little sleepy.
 
“-tickles,” she said, and tried to move his hands away, but to her surprise, his arms ignored her little protests and wrapped around her middle, pulling her tight to his chest until she could feel the beads pressing into her spine.
 
“InuYasha?” Her heart thumped so hard she wasn't sure any noise had made it out of her lungs, past the drumming beats in her chest.
 
“Mmmm?” He said and dropped his chin down to rub the side of her cheek.
 
“Uh,” She didn't know what to say. The feel of him around her body was thrilling, but he didn't seem himself and before she let herself enjoy his touch, she had to assure herself that he hadn't fallen under some spell. A spell! Casting about with her miko senses, she assured herself there was no youkai or jewel shard magic in the air. “You seem…” What to call it?
 
“Relaxed,” he finished her sentence, which he rarely did.
 
“Yeah,” she said. “Are you okay?”
 
“Keh,” he breathed out softly against her hair. “I just…” He laughed as though at himself, repeating the words he'd used only a little while ago to describe his reaction to the natural world around them. “I just really like it up here, that's all.” Kagome blushed again at his inference. And when she didn't push him away or react angrily, he tightened his grip around her middle and pressed his cheek against hers. Her heart was beating so fast now that she was sure he could hear it.
 
“Are you sure you're feeling alright, InuYasha?” she asked, even as she fought the urge to put her hands over his, holding his arms tighter to her. “You're acting almost like you're under a… spell… or something.”
 
“Under a spell…” His voice was definitely muzzy in the semi-dark of their little tent and Kagome fought the urge to panic. What if he went crazy while they were alone up here? “If you count the flowers in your hair as magic…” His voice trailed off and she had the distinct feeling his eyes were closing.
 
“Flowers in my hair?” Puzzled, she was sure she hadn't donned any actual flowers that morning.
 
“You smell like flowers,” he buried his nose in her bangs and sniffed, the intimate contact sending a shiver up her spine. “Can't help it…” He said lazily. “It's just like everything else up here… beautiful.”
 
Kagome wondered whether to be truly freaked out or to enjoy the fact that she had him wrapped around her murmuring almost-romantically. She decided to give the bewitched theory one more chance. “You're sure you're okay?” This time she did put her hands over his as his thumbs rubbed up her sides, just under the swells of her breasts.
 
“I'm fine,” he said a little more clearly and then straightened without removing his hands. “But I'll stop if you want me to.”
 
Kagome's throat cluttered with colliding reactions to these words. Stop? Is he doing something? Of course he's doing something and you've wanted this forever so shut up. Oh my God! What do I do? She swallowed in an effort to speak and to her ears, her voice was thin. “No. It's okay. I like the way you're holding me.”
 
He did not respond with words, but curled around her more, his lips brushing her cheek as his thumbs became more daring, tracing underneath her breasts a few times before brushing over her nipples which seemed to react by themselves, peaking so that his next motion past their tips encountered stiff little bumps and she almost gasped at the feel of his touch on their newly sensitized surfaces. Automatically, she arched again, pressing herself into the next sweep of his thumbs and inadvertently pressing her rear back again. This time his response was stronger, clenching his arms more tightly to pull her further into his legs where he has begun to harden.
 
She was very aware of the strength of his body around her and though she did not want to escape, she couldn't ignore the fact that she would be unable to unless he allowed it. Closing her eyes, she let herself drift for a moment in the feel of him as he moved his fingers around her breasts, loosening his arms to explore them, cupping them and then holding them through the fabric of her shirt. It felt so good that she finally let her head drop back on his shoulder just as his hands slipped down so that his fingers could curl under the hem of her shirt and follow the warmth of her skin, pushing her shirt up on his wrists as he explored the edges of her bra, finding the straps and pushing them off her shoulders so that their skin touched and she was exposed fully to his hands. He moaned softly as he touched the soft skin of her nipples for the first time and she sucked her breath in, trying to contain a shiver at the strong wave that moved through her body, clenching her from within.
 
It was getting warm under the curtain of his suikan and Kagome thought she'd heard the rain slow its spattering pattern on the cloth draping them. She reached out to lift the material up and InuYasha raised his head, keeping his cheek tight to hers. His hands had slowed their soft exploration, but had not stopped and as the fresh air came in to touch their faces, he leaned into her and cupped her breasts firmly again. Her eyes closed as she arched luxuriously to lift the cloth and then drop it behind them, all the while only feeling his touch. InuYasha made a soft noise of appreciation and she opened her eyes to see the beautiful green meadow spread out before them, the sunlight once more flooding the little field, glittering off the grass fronds waving now under a soft breeze which refreshed her as she breathed it in.
 
“The air is sweet,” she said quietly and he mumbled an agreement as his lips found her ear, nuzzling it as his hands resuming their considered movements. “It's not raining anymore, InuYasha,” she said, bringing one hand to his cheek and holding their faces together.
 
“Don't want to move,” he said simply.
 
They sat silently for a while, his fingers still exploring her softly while she became more used to his touch. Before long his mouth moved softly against her cheek again, nibbling closer to her lips and driving her heartbeat higher and higher. The meadow literally glowed in the late afternoon sun. “It's beautiful,” Kagome whispered and once again he murmured agreement, though she had the distinct impression he was not talking about the grass.
 
“Kagome,” his hands moved back below her breasts, although one thumb continued to rove over her nipple. “Uh… I….” she felt another tell-tale pulse at her back. “Do you…” He said something else but it was lost in the mumble again and she realized what he was trying to say. He wants to know if I want to keep going… Looking at the field before them she noticed again the magical flare of sunlight on the waving wet fronds of grass and the now slippery rocks below which their path up lay. It was otherworldly and she wondered if maybe it was all just a dream. She had wanted his attentions like this for so long, had given up on him so many times and yet here in a magical place he seemed immune to the awkwardness and inner conflict that had plagued their relationship from the start.
 
“InuYasha?” she asked tentatively.
 
“Yeah.” He moved his head to her other cheek and kissed her, making her heart jump.
 
“I do want this.” She held her hand to his cheek and leaned into his next kiss. “But I'm confused. Why here? Why now? Why… not before?”
 
He nuzzled her cheek and sat up, pulling her more tightly to his chest so that she felt his desire again, pressing into her. “This is the way it's supposed to be, Kagome.” He said softly. “Up here it's just us. No humans. No youkai. No time differences… Up here I know what to do and I know what I want.” He kissed her head and tilted his hips against hers, driving a small sigh of hot air from his mouth against her scalp. “The only question I have left is, `is this what you want'?” His arms crossed, holding her tightly to him while his fingers played lazily with her nipples again and it was all she could do not to scream out an emphatic yes!
 
Instead, she merely nodded.
 
Without a word, he released his hold on her and lifted her to crawl out of his lap, her shirt falling back over her chest while her bra dangled, useless for its intended purpose. But his hands stayed with her underneath her shirt, as though he did not want to let go, though he did, reluctantly sitting back and taking another deep breath.
 
“The rain's gone,” he said matter-of-factly and turned to spread out his suikan. “We'll have to camp up here tonight because it's too slippery and too late in the afternoon to try to get all the way down.”
 
Kagome stood and turned to look at him; unsure what to do, watching him go about arranging a small nest. Using his jacket as the lining to the small depression in the bent grass to protect them from the moisture, he balled up his kosode into a pillow. In the process she noticed that he had loosened the tie at his waist. Suddenly she felt a little stab of fear. She thought she'd wanted all of him; had thought it for years. But now that he seemed to be almost hers, she wasn't sure she knew what she was getting into. He seemed relaxed and comfortable. Has he done this before? He turned to look up at her and immediately noticed her confusion.
 
“What?” A tiny glimmer of anger in his tone of voice was quickly replaced by signs of insecurity as his ears drooped a little on the top of his head. He became self conscious and she realized that this transition back to his “normal self” was how he prepared himself for her rejection.
 
She immediately felt terrible and knelt down next to him, his discomfort overcoming her fears. Reaching out her hand to touch his face, she said reassuringly, “Nothing InuYasha. I…” She blushed and smiled.
 
“What?” he repeated, but with true curiosity this time, leaning his head almost imperceptibly into her hand.
 
She laughed. “I just don't…” She laughed and took her hand away, looking at him as honestly as she could. “…don't know what I'm doing.” She blushed again and looked away. “Do you?”
 
“Uh.” Out of the corner of her eye she saw him blush too. “Sorta. Well. Not really.” He took a deep breath and came to his knees, lifting her up as though she weighed nothing and putting her in his lap again, this time with his arm behind her shoulders and her legs draped out over his knee. “But I do know...” His hands slipped beneath her shirt again and found her breast, carefully avoiding touching her with his claws. A jolt of excitement ran through her as he touched her sensitive skin. “It's all natural. If we just do what feels natural, we'll be okay.”
 
She kissed him then. She hadn't really meant to, but he was so gentle and looking at her with such intense eyes, that she was simply drawn into them until their lips were touching. He seemed as startled as she at first, widening his eyes as her lips pressed gingerly onto his and then closing them as she closed hers so that only the warmth of the kiss was left to their senses.
 
Their lips moved against each other and Kagome realized she was barely breathing so she exhaled, opening her mouth against his. As she inhaled again, the wet tip of his tongue slipped between her lips and even when part of her wanted to be freaked out, another - more instinctive urge - encouraged her to taste him. Their tongues met and a rush moved through her when she felt an answering tightening in him, his muscles becoming hard beneath her hands, his hand tensing on her breast, and his penis stiffening into the side of her leg. Even though she'd known technically how his body would react, she had not been prepared for the wave of hunger his desire sent driving through her, and without thinking she kissed him harder. His response was immediate and thrilling, tipping them over into the nest he'd made, pressing his body on hers and leaving her lips to begin kissing down her neck, lifting her shirt up and extending his tongue to lick and suck at her breasts.
 
Her whole body vibrated with sensation as he moaned softly and shifted to press his excitement into her leg, rocking his hips into her to stimulate himself even as his tongue continued lavishing her with attention. She arched her neck and threaded her fingers into his hair just beneath his ears, holding him to her. Her nipple was so hard in his mouth that it almost hurt, but in the most exciting way that it didn't occur to her to stop him. As his weight pressed down on her legs, she naturally spread her knees realizing a moment too late that her movement had invited him to rise up and press his hardened shaft into the mound over her sex, claiming her mouth as she gasped. As he rocked and pressed himself into her, her invitation became a good thing and she closed her eyes to the feel of him, a new warmth spreading inside her. Before she knew it her hips were responding to his motions and matching each of his thrusts, crushing his erection between them until it was so hard she thought she would have bruise there in the morning.
 
Abruptly, InuYasha lifted himself up on his arms and sniffed the air, his eyes falling to hers as a smile spread out on his face. She'd never seen such a joyous look in his eyes when he lowered his face to her cheek, drawing in his breath again through his nose just next to her ear and causing a skittering of goose-bumps to run down her back. “You like this,” he said slowly and her body shivered involuntarily at his implication and the return desire she heard in his tone. Before she could respond, he skimmed her neck with his lips and began nosing into the collar of her shirt, snuffling as she giggled. He pushed the fabric up again and said quietly, “Take it off.” Giggling more, she complied and then reached around to unclasp her bra. This has the effect of pressing her breasts up into his still sniffing nose and before she knew it he was licking her again, happy sounds coming from the back of his throat. But he did not linger there, sniffing lower down her belly and mumbling for her to release her skirt before he sliced it off her. She complied once again, unsure what he planned to do, but excited and amazed that her shy hanyou had come out of his shell.
 
A little self-consciously she began to push her skirt down over her hips and he rose up on all fours over her and took the material from her fingers, hooking her panties at the same time and removing them both. She blushed as he quirked an eyebrow at the bright rainbow pattern on her underwear and she considered apologizing for her mother's poor taste but when his attention clearly diverted back up to the dense patch of dark hair between her legs she decided to let it go. Leaving her skirt on one foot, he rocked back on his heels and finished releasing his own belt, standing quickly to drop his pants and reveal his hunger. A thrill went through her to see him so wanting. Quickly, he was back on all fours, sniffing quickly down the slope of her inner thigh until his nose was practically buried in her and she gasped and arched and giggled all at the same time as his lips and tongue began exploring.
 
“I've smelled you before,” he said, sounding a little surprised. “But not… not like this.”
 
Reaching his hands down under her rear, he shouldered his way between her legs so that she was open beneath his mouth as he supported her, barely breathing and eyes wide to the clouds still drifting over the sun. His lips were amazingly soft and gentle and he responded to each little gasp and moan with sensitivity, learning what worked and what didn't as she reacted to new and wonderful sensations he sent through her. Quite unexpectedly, a jolt of energy shot through her and she cried out, shaking and pushing at him trying to make him stop. Even when his mouth left her, she continued to writhe, squeezing her knees together as another wave of sensation rolled through her.
 
Before she had come back to the meadow from the place his tongue had briefly transported her, he was on her, his hardness pushing into her belly and his breath hot by her ear.
 
“That was amazing,” he said hoarsely and she realized that a small bit of moisture had pooled from the tip of his penis against the warm skin of her stomach. He rocked himself into it in small thrusts and the tension in his voice told her it wouldn't take much for him to follow her into orgasm. She wasn't sure whether to touch him or not, but before she had decided, he spoke again. “Miroku said you told Sango you couldn't have babies.” He made it sound like a question.
 
Kagome blinked and tried to get her brain to focus on what he meant. “Oh.” She laughed and embraced his shoulders, pulling him further into her. “I meant that I had a pill to keep me from having babies until I want them.”
 
“Really?” The mischievous tone in his voice sent tremors through her. “So…,” he thrust himself down on her and moaned. “So you won't have babies if you let me have you?”
 
“Yeah,” she couldn't help the mischievous tone in her own voice. “If I let you have me.”
 
“Ahhh,” his voice was husky and he lowered his mouth to her neck, leaving a wet trail on her skin as he moved back down to her breast, his hardness sliding down her hip to the top of her thigh just as his mouth closed once more over her nipple and he sucked it, taking her in and licking her within the slick walls of his mouth. She arched again and let out a small whispering sigh.
 
“Want to let me have you now?” he teased.
 
Every nerve in her body screamed yes! But she laughed and said, “not yet.” He let out a frustrated chuckle and moved to the other breast, sliding his hands carefully behind her shoulder blades and lifting her chest to his mouth where his tongue just barely touched and then circled the tip of her nipple, beginning a swirling arc around it which became wider and wider and firmer and firmer until her whole breast was almost in his mouth, his tongue moving over it in the warm confines of his lips. Kagome let her head fall to the side as she becae lost in another wave of sensation.
 
“How about now?” she heard him say, as though from a distance.
 
“Now is good,” she muttered and then shivered when he immediately pressed his knee in between hers and his body moved over hers, their chests brushing. The hard tip of his penis pressed into her lower lips just to one side and she almost giggled until he reached down and held himself steady, using the tip of his shaft to nose carefully into her opening. Her eyes flew open as he pressed in slowly, her muscles squeezing around him. The blue sky and puffy remains of rain clouds barely registered in her brain as her body shuddered around him and he grunted with small rocking motions in and out of her. She could feel him shaking with effort to move slowly and jerked when a tiny sharpness pinged inside her, like a pinch, as he drove himself smoothly deep within her. Gasping, she arched underneath him and threw her head back, her body shuddering with the sensation of him filling her.
 
“Are you ok?” he asked, unmoving now.
 
“Yeah,” she said shakily as she began to relax. “I think so.”
 
“Good.” He sounded distracted and pulled his hips back, causing her body to quiver around him again as he pushed back inside her.
 
“You feel so good,” he muttered as he moved in and out again, beginning to thrust with more confidence; she began to breathe again. “Mmmmmmm.” His eyes closed and hers refused to stay open, blocking out the sun except as an orange wash behind her eyelids, framing the heady sensations her body sent through her with more and more urgency. She could feel him harden even more inside her, stretching her wonderfully and as he picked up speed, she automatically curled up into him and clung to him, tensing more and more until she heard him release a guttural cry and freeze over her as he pulsed inside her and warmth spread within her.
 
After a moment, he relaxed down over her, resting his entire weight on her as though every ounce of energy had left him. She, too, relaxed and held him, marveling at the feel of him inside her… joined… one. Opening her eyes again, she let her head fall to one side and looked out over the late afternoon sun flaring on leftover raindrops still scattered over the wide shoots of grass bobbing softly in a light wind that seemed to blow above their nest, keeping the air around them warm.
 
A tear formed at the corner of her eye as she felt somehow blended with it all, him, the light, the grass, the earth, the sun… all the world seemed within them at that moment and it was beautiful.
 
“Hm?” InuYasha lifted his head up finally, lazily. “Are you crying?” He sniffed the air and his brows furrowed over eyes fixed on hers.
 
“No,” she said and sniffed up a tear in reply. “Yes… I was just a little overwhelmed.” He looked worried again. “In a good way.” She smiled. “It's so…”
 
“Wonderful.” He smiled now and kissed her chest. “Beautiful.” He kissed her chin. “Like you.” He kissed her eye as another tear formed.
 
“Natural.” She said and kissed his lips, tasting the wilds surrounding them.
 
“Natural.” He agreed.
 
As the chill of evening hinted in the air around them, they parted briefly to dress. InuYasha stood tying his belt back into its tight knot at his waist when his head jerked up, eyes sharp on something over her shoulder. Kagome turned to look and saw nothing but the steep wall of rock rising up towards the top of the mountain, but InuYasha's reaction told her she was missing something.
 
“What is it?” she asked.
 
“A path, and-“ He sniffed again. “Bobcat I think.”
 
“Bobcat?” Kagome moved closer to him and he took her in his arms, holding her to his chest.
 
“It's an older scent. Not fresh. The rain probably hid it from me earlier.” He stroked her arm absentmindedly, still studying the hillside, his eyebrows rising with curiosity. “We're stuck up here tonight, want to go explore?”
 
“Sure.” Kagome picked up her backpack, which was soaking wet. “Uck.”
 
They unpacked it and lay its contents out on the grass to dry. To her surprise, InuYasha was in no hurry to explore but happy to wait with her until the sun lay dying in the sky. They sat together, Kagome nestled in his lap once more, to watch the clouds capture the final rose gold flames of light relinquished from beneath the horizon. Silence hummed around them and both knew the other appreciated not only the beauty outside but inside themselves and between them.
 
“Okay,” InuYasha said finally and lifted her easily to her feet. “Let's go check out that path.”
 
“Now?” Kagome looked around in the rapidly darkening dusk.
 
“Sure,” he exhaled as he stood. “I smell water and I'm thirsty.” They quickly repacked her things and InuYasha guided her and then carried her up the grassy slope until it became rocky. She couldn't see the path he'd spoken of, but he sure-footedly wended his way up between the boulders until a narrow trail of packed earth began to appear, becoming more visible in the lighter grays of the moon's early glow. Wind whipped their hair again as they crested a jumbled slope and Kagome wondered if she would be able to sleep in the increasing chill of the night. InuYasha came to a stop and put her down. Up ahead the trail disappeared into the night sky, just now dotting with stars. Kagome was sure she sensed a steep drop off beyond it and they approached carefully, his hand warm around hers.
 
Walking to the end of the path was like walking to the edge of the world, and as they drew nearer they saw the moon come to sit higher on the horizon - a huge ball of icy white light searing the world below. At the precipice, where the path tipped steeply down, they stood and looked out over a glorious mountain lake, its many nighttime ripples spangling silver under the moon's intensity, the bright light washing the black and grey landscape of night away into silver and blue, tinged lightly with brushstrokes of soft grey. A pair of large winged birds circled the lake in the moonlight, drifting silently on the night air.
 
Kagome looked down at the trail on which they stood, following the precarious switchback route, her eyes squinting over harsh rocky terrain until she saw it widening gently again and spilling easily into yet another meadow resting in the basin which held the lake. This meadow was larger than their first find, the water and grass giving way quickly to a lush forest crowding up the sides of the mountain peaks.
 
InuYasha squeezed her hand and released her from the magical hold the place had wrapped around her.
 
“I think we should stay here tonight,” he said softly, clearly captured by the beauty as much as she,
 
“Yeah.” She whispered, her voice barely audible above the gusts of wind. “The lake, the meadow… the forest…” her voice trailed off in the wind and she felt tears again, moved by the silent grandeur spread below them.
 
He lifted her lightly and bound down the little zig-zag rut that only the bobcat and goats traversed on a regular basis. The wind stopped rushing around them as soon as they reached the bottom of the route and InuYasha released her so that they walked hand in hand down the wider path into the trees. The ground gave way before them and rose up to embrace them as their steps fell on the spills of moonlight washing now off the trees which rose above them as they continued down towards the lake. It felt like they had discovered the womb of the mountain, the lake resting so peacefully in its hold.
 
Without planning it, they both stopped and looked back up at the rough edge of rock from where they'd come, the jagged spikes of rock glowing deep grey in the harsh light of the moon.
 
“We'll go back there again, someday,” he turned to face her. “Won't we?” His expression shifted in the shadowed light from curious to anxious, but softened into happiness when she smiled at him.
 
“Only with you,” she whispered and stood on her tip toes to kiss him. His arms came around her sides and pulled her into his embrace with such tender strength, his mouth on hers soft and yet firm, pressing into her.
 
“Only with you,” he repeated as he let her go and they walked down the path together ino the new landscape. “Although this place has possibilities too,” he said and she turned her head to catch his smile.
 
The end.