InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Far Away Eye's Fairytales: A Drabble Collection ❯ Patience IS Not One of Inuyasha's Virtues ( Chapter 31 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: Patience Is NOT One of Inuyasha's Virtues
Author: Far Away Eyes
Word Count: 303
Genre: Fluff
Rating: PG
Summary: Inuyasha and Kagome go to a festival and Inuyasha tries unsuccessfully to catch some fish. Can Kagome succeed where he's failed?
Written for iyfic_contest's Week 100: Fanart: Inuyasha vs. the Fish
 
“It's not funny, Kagome,” Inuyasha whined.
 
Kagome hid a giggle behind her hand. “I'm sorry, Inuyasha. It's just that you've gone through a dozen fish nets, and haven't caught one fish yet.” She laughed softly. “And now they're attacking you. You're hopeless.”
 
Inuyasha's eyes narrowed. His ears flattened to his head in irritation. “I don't know why you made me come to this stupid festival anyways.”
 
“Because I had hoped you'd enjoy it, baka,” Kagome replied playfully.
 
The hanyou huffed. “If that man giving me those nets let me use my hands, I would have caught a fish already.”
 
“But that's the rules of the game, Inuyasha. You have to use the net.”
 
Inuyasha thrust his new,non ripped net towards her, and snapped, “Fine, then. Let's see how good you are at catching a fish with this stupid thing.”
 
Kagome accepted the net. “Alright, dog boy, I accept your challenge. I'll catch a fish, you'll see.”
 
Inuyasha stepped back, and folded his arms over his chest. “I bet you tear your net just like I did, wench.”
 
Kagome glared at him over her shoulder. She turned towards the tank, and carefully dipped her net into the water. Rather than jerking up quickly as soon as a fish was snagged in the net as Inuyasha had done, Kagome patiently chased a gold fish around the tank. Once she had it pinned against the wall, she pulled it up. Lifting the net with a fish inside, Kagome said in triumph, “Got one!”
 
Inuyasha blinked in disbelief. “How did you do that, Kagome?”
 
“With patience, Inuyasha. That's how.”
 
“What's that supposed to mean?” Inuyasha's eyes narrowed.
 
Kagome laughed, and shook her head. She had accepted a long time ago that patience would never be one of Inuyasha's virtues. She said, “Nothing, Inuyasha. Nothing at all.”