InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Far Away Eye's Fairytales: A Drabble Collection ❯ To Chain the Free Wind ( Chapter 40 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Title: To Chain the Free Wind
Author: Far Away Eyes
Word Count:
Genre: Dark, Vignette
Rating: PG-13
Characters: Naraku, Kagura
Summary: Naraku has a desire to control the freest of all elements. Set after Kagura is defeated by the Kaze no Kizu.
Written for iyfic_contest Week 105: Naraku
 
Control. If there was one thing Naraku craved, it was control. He sat staring at the hunk of the jewel Kikyo had so graciously given him. It had granted him a new mastery over his body, giving him the ability to experiment. Naraku glanced towards the jars filled with the writhing flesh he used to create extensions of himself. His body was such an amalgamation, and he was curious to discover what he could do with the elements that comprised it.
 
Naraku had first created the void, Kanna. He had absolute control over her, and she was merely a manifestion of his will. Naraku had stripped her of all feelings, all free will. She did as told and did not question his authority. While he relished in her obedience, Kanna was not a challenge. Her vacant stare did nothing to satisfy his desire to see others suffer at his hands.
 
He had to create another one---one that would fulfill his need to torture others. Naraku began incubating his next incarnation, certain that this one would satiate his craving for control and misery. He would conquer one of the freest elements on the Earth. He would conquer the wind.
 
He would call her Kagura. Little by little, Naraku would break her spirit. He would taunt her. He would mock her. She was the chained wind at his beck and call. He delighted in the anger that swirled in her ruby eyes when he dominated her. He had put his need for absolute control second to his need to make Kagura suffer.
 
Sometimes, however, Naraku would remind Kagura who was slave and who was master. There, growing into the palm of his hand was her heart. It was how he reigned in the free wind. Naraku enjoyed squeezing its beating flesh. He would chuckle when she gasped in pain, clutching her chest where her heart should have been. The wind was his, and he would not let her go.
 
Naraku's red eyes narrowed on Kagura's slumped form. He whispered, “Now do you understand, Kagura? I, Naraku, am your master. I shall always be in control of your destiny. Always.”