Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ Gentle as a Puddle ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 stories of Love

By Fennec Fox Girl
Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.


Story Three: Gentle as a Puddle




While we were training,
I had gotten hit and fell into a puddle
As soon as I managed to stand up, I realized
How much puddles reminded me of you




"AHHHH!!!" Tenten yelled in pain as she fell on her back into a puddle.

She had been practicing with Neji for about 5 hours now, and he had hit her with his Rotation attack.

"Owww...." Tenten whined in pain as she tried to sit up. To make things worse, she was now soaking wet.

Neji walked over to her and knelt down beside her.

"Are you okay?"

Tenten looked at him directly in his eyes.

Neji looked deep into her eyes and could tell she was in alot of pain.

"...I guess not..."

Tenten had attempted to get up, but then fell back down. Neji quickly caught her and carried her to a log where he could sit.

Instead of sitting on the log, he sat in front of it and placed Tenten's head on his lap.

Tenten's eyes slowly opened and she looked at Neji. Then her eyes traveled to the puddle she had fallen in.

"Y-you know, Neji, I think that puddles," she paused so she could breathe in some air. "Are just like you in a way."

Neji looked questioningly at her.

"What I mean is that puddles," her face turned a light pink. "Are calm and most of the time always still...and just like you, their gentle."

Silence had fallen over the two of them, alone in their training grounds, sitting on the grass in front of a log.

Tenten watched as nature had moved around them, and she felt as though she were missing something.

Something important...someone important.......Neji.

"Neji, if I were to die, what would you do?" she asked quietly.

"...." he stared off into the sky, and finally when Tenten thought he wouldn't answer, he said "I would die along with you."

After a few minutes had passed, an almost silent "sorry" had escaped Neji's mouth.

Tenten had looked at Neji with calmness in her eyes. "It's okay..."

She slowly stood up and then sat down next to Neji. One of her arms had gently grasped Neji's hand and she rested her head against his shoulder.

He had heard her say, "Neji, if someone said that they liked you, no, loved you, how would you react?"

Suddenly Tenten felt his hands turn her so she was facing him.

"I would react like this..."

Neji gently placed his lips on hers and pulled her closer.

Once they broke apart, Tenten asked, "What if that person who loved you wasn't me?"

"I love you. I wouldn't kiss any other girl because I love you."

"......." Tenten moved her head onto Neji's chest. "I love you, too."

Neji looked down at Tenten and realized that she was still wet and her clothes were sticking to her skin.

Tenten had noticed because when she looked at him he swiftly turned his head the other way.

"It's okay if you look at me, but you know, I'm not always going to be in soaking wet clothes..."

Neji stood up and said, "C'mon, let's get you out of those clothes so you don't catch a cold."

As soon as Tenten stood up she felt strong arms pick her up off the ground.

"I'll carry you, okay?"

"Sure!" Tenten said as she rested her head in his chest.



Neji, you were so gentle when you helped me
As gentle as still water
And now I'm glad that you know
I love you



A/N: Thanks for reading my story! Please review and tell me how I did and what I can do to improve. Thanks again!