Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Neji and Tenten: 100 love stories ❯ Scream ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Neji and Tenten: 100 stories of Love

By Fennec Fox Girl

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

A/N: This is a very important message if you want to understand this chapter. It is told from TENTEN'S P.O.V, so don't get confused....please. Oh yeah, and you don't have to read this if ya don't want to, but I thought it was funny and angering at the same time. Well, I normally wake up at 5:50 each morning, and one day, around 10:50 P.M., my friend Miranda decides she's gonna text me. And me, still being half asleep, think that it's my morning alarm clock ringing so I can get ready for school. So I get up, get out my clothes, shower, and I'm all nice and ready for school. And as I walked out into the living room, I looked at the clock, and shockingly, it read 11:08......P.M.!!! So I had stood there stupidly for like five minutes, and then I silently got back into my pajamas and crawled back into bed, only to repeat that whole process at 5:50 a.m.

A/N: Alrighty then, off of my story and onto the real thing! I apologize for being so late, and I have no excuse!

Chapter 34: Scream


Of all the seasons that we have, I'd have to say that summer is my most hated one.

And it's not because the extremely high temperatures make my clothes stick un-comfortably to my clothes, but more rather because it's the only time of the year when Team Gai gets selected for the most outrageous missions ever.

A few days ago, our team was selected to go to the Land Of Fish and investigate why so many of the little fishies were dissapearing.

Turns out that a bunch of deadly black crows decided that they were gonna pluck the fish out of the water, let the poor things suffocate, and then eat them raw.

Nasty...

Anyways, early this morning, Team Gai was once again selected for a mission, and might I add, a very disturbing one.

Apparently, a girl in the Land Of Ghouls and other creepy monsters, such as Bigfoot and Dracula, had fallen unconscious during the week that her parents were to leave on a three day mission.

The girl had fallen unconscious one day after her parents departure, and we, Team Gai, are going to have to babysit her until she either wakes up or her parents return.

So here I am, outside, at 8:30 a.m, with Neji, Lee, and Gai-sensei, under the peaceful shade of a cherry-blossom tree.

I was leaning against the trunk of the tree, watching petals flutter down, while Neji was silently meditating.

Lee and Gai were out parading in front of us, dancing and prancing and all that other stuff.

Suddenly, Lee was next to Neji, bombarding him with his youthful questions.

"Neji, are you scared about this mission?!"

"Neji, do you feel youthful this youthful morning?"

"Neeehhhjiii, how ya doin?"

"Neji, are you listening??"

I don't know how Lee does it, radiating such exuberance in the morning.

Neji was as still as a block of Ice, only he wasn't melting.

I could see how Neji was exemplary to Lee, being that he hadn't moved even a quarter of an inch since he arrived, but personally, on my opinion, he really looks like a blockhead right now.

Lee then turned his attention to me, looking more and more blithe by the minute.

"Tenten?!" he sang happily as he sat next to me.

I stared back at him blankly, but with no sign that I was angry yet. "Yes?"

"Are you scared about this mission?" he whispered evily, a grin spreading across his face.

I really had no clue what the hell he was trying to pull off, going evil on me like this.

"Of course I'm not--" he cut me off.

"But of course." he said dramatically, as if he were acting for a play. "Ze Tenten cannot be, how you say, swayed by such foolish mannors."

My eye twitched by then, and all I could think was What. The. Hell.

And what was with the French accent?

I think someone slipped this fool a shot of non de-caf coffee, 'cause this man was on a roll.

"Okay, Lee, I think you need to lie down and calm yourself." I said as I place my hand on his shoulder.

Suddenly, though, Lee got very serious. "You know Tenten, Neji thinks that Gai sensei is an old fogey that don't know NOTHIN' about nothin'." The way Lee said "nothin" an octave higher cracked me up inside, but what in the world was a fogey? ( A/N: I discovered that word in a health magazine at my school, and it cracked me up. Lee means that Neji said Gai was an old-fasioned person. :)

"Lee, you really need to lie down. Unless you want to be hit in your head with a tranquilizer, which I can gladly get from my closet at home." I said that all with a bright smile on my face.

He sweatdropped alittle, but I could see him attempting to calm down, for the sake of not being shot with a dart.

So then, after about ten more minutes of sitting and doing nothing, Gai-sensei finally announced that we were getting ready to depart.

"Alright, Lee! Get your spandex in gear and let's roll!!" he yelled, giving Lee and bright, blinding smile and a thumbs up.

"Yes, Gai-sensei!" Lee yelled back, returning the bright blinding smile and the thumbs up.

I stood in the back, pissed off as ever, with my head down to the ground.

Neji stood next to me, clearly just as angry as I, but not letting it show across his face.

Although Neji could always be mistakened to be angry, because his facial expression never seems to change in any way.

"Let's just get this over with." I sighed and began walking, Gai, Lee, and Neji following.

So the for half of my day, we were walking through mountains, meditating under waterfalls, and fighting bears.

Just kidding.....

It was more like Lee and Gai-sensei sprinting, then pulling to a halt, and sprinting again, Lee occasionally tripping over his feet.

And Neji was walking silently, so silent that I almost forgot he was there.

Lee was about to take off again after Gai when I grabbed him by the neck and drew him in closer to me.

"Listen up, Lee! Let's just say that today I'm not in a very pleasent mood, so try not to piss me off further, 'kay?" I said with a frightening smile, strangling Lee until his face turned purple.

I then proceeded to chuck him to the ground, watching the drool slip out of his mouth.

"Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!! Tenten, what the youth are you doing?!?" Gai screamed over-dramatically, falling to the ground on his knees where I had thrown Lee down.

"G-Gai......sensei....." Lee choked out, a single tear sliding down his cheek.

"Shush, my little Lee. Don't forget, we will still watch that beautiful sunset together...." Gai replied, a single tear sliding down his cheek as well.

I sighed and hung my head.

That so did not turn out how I wanted it to.

I heard Neji sigh silently, as well, obviously ashamed of being put in a team with such idiots.....well, besides me, of course.

My current thoughts of his feelings to me are blank now.

I can't read his facial expressions, being that he has none exect for bored-out-of-my-mind.

And he never says anything romantic or friendly to me.

Suddenly, though, I felt Neji's hand on my shoulder, and I could feel my face heat up.

Neji lifted his head up slightly, tiny pieces of his hair falling over his eyes.

"Man....." he said quietly, still looking down. "I am so glad that your not like them."

My face darkened then, being that I took that as a complement.

But, what exactly had he meant by that? Was it that he was glad that I was normal, or was it that he was glad that I don't annoy him as often?

He then took his hand off of my shoulder and walked over to Lee and Gai, scolding them on their foolish behaivor.

I took that moment to hang my head down again, telling myself that there was no romantic connection between the two of us.

"Tenten?" I heard his voice again, this time firm, and noticably closer.

I looked up slowly and gasped, for there, in front of me, was Neji.

He was standing oddly close to me, and I could feel the heat radiating off of his body onto mine.

"N-N-Neji!?" I stuttered out, and I could feel my face turning all shades of red.

He then gently placed his hand under my chin, holding my head in place.

"You look pale today.....are you feeling well? Your face is all red." he stated, staring deep into my eyes, melting my heart.

I swear my heart was beating so loud that anybody across the land could hear it.

His actions would un-doubtibly catch me off gaurd and result in me passing out.

"Tenten?!?" I heard voices yelling, and then I blacked out.

Of course.....why wouldn't I pass out when the Hyuuga was obviously worried about me?

-.-.-.-Later that day-.-.-.-

"Nnngghh...." I grumbled as my eyes opened slightly.

I felt as though my feet weren't on the ground, and the world constantly moved up and down, up and down.

I felt warm, pressed up against something, or someone, with long brown hair.

"Wha-?" I then shot my eyes open wide, realizing that I was being carried. "N-Neji?! Why are you carrying me?? Oh yea, I blacked out back then....but then why would you be carrying me?! What about Gai and Lee?! Where are---!!"

I was instantly silenced by silent chuckling.

My heart picked up again, as I realized that he was laughing.

At me.

"Neji! Why are you laughing??" I blushed madly as I kicked him slightly.

"How cute." He said, still laughing.

I was hushed again, at his choice of words.

Why was this happening all of the sudden? Maybe he read my diary or talked to someone who knew that I liked him, and he's teasing me now?

I was about to yank the hair out of the back of Neji's head when I heard Gai-sensei call out.

"The land of Ghouls is in sight!!!" he yelled loud and clear, taking off for the village, Lee hot on his trail.

Neji and I were left in there dust, nearly choking to death.

"Damn...." Neji muttered quietly.

"What. The. Hell. Was. That?" I said, carefully parting my words to show their hidden meaning.

-.-.-In the Village, many minutes later-.-.-

I was finally up and on my feet again, walking a few feet behind Neji as we caught up to Gai and Lee.

They were crying to each other, and I couldn't tell if it was from happiness and/or fear.

"Stop crying, you bunch of babies." Neji said so straight-forward, I almost started laughing.

"Right!" Lee saluted Neji proudly, and Gai did the same. "Being youthful is the key to Eternal Youth!!"

So after hearing Neji fuss with them for a while, we arrived at the temple with held within it that possesed child.

Creepy....

A man named Nobumatsu had shown us to her room, where we must gaurd until he can contact her parents.

"I will be back as soon as I have gotten in touch with her parents, so until then, take care." he said, and then left us to peace and quiet.

"Alrighty, then, Team Gai, two of us shall gaurd the inside of the room and the other two shall gaurd the perimeter of the room outside!!" Gai-sensei announced, raising a mighty fist to the sky.

"Well, I'll be outside." I said much to quickly, and Neji caught me by the hem of my shirt.

"Not so fast." he said sternly, holding tightly as I fought like a child to get out of his grasp. "Tenten and I will gaurd the inside of the room, and you and Lee can handly the outside."

"You are absolutly correct, Neji!! Great youthful thinking!!" Lee cried out, and with that, they bolted from the room.

I'm starting to get the feeling that this was all carefully planned out.

A lit candle in the center of the room kept me from going crazy, as I could see Neji carefully sitting across from me.

The sleeping girl lie almost lifeless in the far corner of the room.

I kept my gaze fixed on the floor as I played with the now stretched out hem of my shirt.

Daringly, I looked up from the ground only to meet Neji's gaze piercing my own, and my eyes instantly flew back down to the ground.

If he continues that, I think I'll be forced to get up and leave this room.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him stand up and begin to advance towards me.

My heart began to beat wildly again, and I backed up as far as I could, until my back was pressed up to the wall.

He stood up in front of me, like a sky-scraper, and suddenly, the candle blew out.

"KKKYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

Somewhere off in the distance, some birds flew off.

Closer in, Lee and Gai-sensei got goosebumps.

And right next to me, Neji was as white as a ghost, not that he normally wasn't on a daily basis.

In the corner of the room, the girl shot up from her bed, dazed and scared out of her mind.

I quickly looked at her, then back at Neji.

"Ha......Hahaha.....Hahahahahaha!" Neji then burst out laughing, and I turned red, embarrased that he was laughing at me.

Although, I would have to say that seeing Neji laugh is really a once in a lifetime experience.

"Neji! That so wasn't funny!" I yelled at him, hitting him playfully.

"Hahaha, yes it was!" he replied, still laughing.

Then, the girl in the corner began laughing too. "Hahahaha!"

I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Don't be angry." I heard him say, and then I felt myself being pulled up by his muscular grasp.

He quickly pulled my face in for a light kiss, and then pulled his face back, which had turned slightly pink.

I stared at him for a moment, also pink and slightly shocked, then gave up in total defeat.

"Hahahaha!! You are so right!" I said, laughing as well, and in no time, the room was filled with laughter coming from a bunch of idiots.

The door then slammed open, and Nobumatsu came running back in to the girl, crying a little to dramatically.

"Oh, little Yura-san, your finally awake!" he said, hugging her tightly.

"I know, I know!" she said, trying to be freed from his grasp. "Now get off me, fool." she added silently, prying herself from his grasp.

Suddenly, the window caved in, sending glass shards all over the floor, and in came to deep green figures.

"HOLY YOOOOOUUUUUTTTTTHHHH!!!" Gai shouted, pointing at the girl.

"You are finally awake! Neji and Tenten's youthfullness has healed you!!" Lee called out after Gai.

Then, as if on cue, they all turned their heads to look at me and Neji.

And, as you know, Neji hadn't let his tight grip on me loosen, and we looked rather awkward standing together in the corner of the room.

"Oh my youth...." Lee whispered to Gai, and I felt Neji let go of me.

"Lee, don't you dare tell anyone back in the village." Neji threatened, glaring at Lee.

A giant smile spread across both of their faces.

"Don't worry, Neji-chan, we won't tell!!" Gai giggled, and then they both took off in a running sprint for the village, leaving Nobumatsu and Yura in their dust.

Neji then picked me up and placed me on his back.

Yay, piggy back rides!!!

"Thank you very much! I understand that you must be off! I will send your payments to Lady Tsunade!" I heard Nobumatsu say, and then Neji took off out of the window in a sprint after Gai and Lee.

So, that was my day.

And in case you were wondering, this was all planned out.

Neji had purposely placed a candle in the center of the room, so when the wind blew, it would blow out.

And the timing was perfect, damnit.

But as for the spandex twins, they had totally caught us off gaurd.



A/N: Thank you, thank you, thank you for still reading after I have delayed so long in updating!!! I've been really busy lately and I haven't had the time to reach a computer, but I will get the next chapter up, and maybe if I am responsible, it won't be up late!!! Please RxR!! :)