InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Shinidama Choo Choo ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Rumiko Takahashi owns Inuyasha,therefore I do not.
 
Eh, I was bored. Television sucks, the hubby is sick, so he can't entertain me and there are too many tourists in town for me to drive anywhere without descending into a fit of road rage. Now, I know I'm not the world's mellowest person, but so help me God, if I catch you driving ten miles an hour below the speed limit in the left lane, your ass is mine!
 
 
ShinidamaChoo Choo
 
Freedom! Sweet, blessed freedom; it was to be savored like the warm, balmy breeze of a midsummer dusk. Now don't get the shinidamachuu wrong, they did mourn their departed mistress and were devoted servants, but life as Kikyo's slaves was difficult.
 
Providing souls and a mode of personal transportation wasn't really a big deal per se. No, the difficulty had lain in Kikyo's unwarranted distain for all things of a sexual nature. Having been a repressed human miko in life and an anatomically incorrect, albeit, well crafted doll upon resurrection, Kikyo had an unnatural resentment toward any expression of sexuality whatsoever.
 
With this mindset, Kikyo absolutely forbade any of her servants from partaking in the activity. Of course, this presented a problem for the shinidamachuu. Faced with a dwindling population and the fact that they didn't exactly grow on trees, they would frequently resort to sneaking away in the dead of night in order to bolster their numbers.
 
And so, in the three weeks since her passing, the shinidamachuu seized the opportunity to procreate freely and repeatedly. A little known fact about soul collectors is that they possess both male and female reproductive organs; a female receptacle located on the ventral thoracic portion of its body, and a male organ at the posterior. There was no gender distinction among these odd youkai, therefore all soul collectors could give birth.
 
As incredibly boring and clinical as all this may sound, let it be known that the shinidamachuu did know how to work their mojo. And work it they did, often forming long shinidama choo choo trains of disgustingly joined youkai, chugging along with the head chuu and the caboose left only half satisfied. Nothing a little position swapping couldn't fix.
 
In the youkai world, they were the players, the sexual deviants, and the orgy seekers. It was probably a good thing they didn't have opposable thumbs, or autoerotic asphyxiation would have been added to the list. Truth be told, they were extremely lucky that youkai couldn't contract STDs. Yep, life was good for the shinidamachuu.
 
****Five hundred feet to the west of the soul collector orgy****
 
Near the bank of a shallow brook sat a solitary miko, reflecting on the seemingly infinite chasm that separated her from her beloved hanyou. This rift was brought about by the death of her predecessor. Three weeks and Inuyasha still showed no signs of recovering from the loss. Not that she really expected him to.
 
Kagome tried so hard not to show her upset to Inuyasha. So on particularly emotionally draining nights she would trek off to be alone under the pretext of bathing.
 
She never cried anymore, but sometimes she would throw rocks or the occasional turtle with all her might, just to vent some frustration. The turtles always landed in water; she didn't want to hurt them. Really, she was doing them a favor by returning them to their natural habitat. Of course, winging them in the manner of a ninety mile per hour fastball was a little excessive.
 
On other occasions she would just sit quietly and wilt in self pity. Afterward, she would hate herself for feeling like such a drama queen, suck it up and go pretend to be Miss Mary Fuckin' Sunshine to spare Inuyasha any more guilt.
 
She was really starting to piss herself off. Kagome was surprised that those around her didn't contract instant diabetes from how thick she laid it on. She fought tooth and nail against the urge to become embittered. If she gave in to it, what then was to prevent her from sharing Kikyo's fate, thus repeating the cycle all over again?
 
Sitting alone, with nothing to keep her company but the crickets, Kagome let herself cry for the first time in nearly a year. She figured her soul needed some sort of release and there was nothing in the immediate vicinity she could throw without causing a lot of racket.
 
A few minutes into it, soul collectors sailed by in droves, chasing each other's tails. Damn if it didn't look like they were partying. That couldn't be right; they were naturally morbid beings… weren't they? Sweet mother of Kami, are they doing what I think they're doing?! It was like watching a train wreck.
 
The rough, smoker's voice startled the bejeezus out of her. “Hey toots, what's with the water works?”
 
Kagome was stunned stupid. There, not two feet in front of her was a soul collector, talking to her. Its mouth was moving, but she just couldn't wrap her noodle around the fact that the creature who, if she was pressed to describe it, resembled an albino muppet with a Peter Falk voice. The vapid look on her face drew a sigh from the shinidamachuu.
 
“Ahh, I get it… it's the hanyou, ain't it?”
 
Taking the bull by the horns, the soul collector floated down and parked itself right on her knee, settling itself in for a much needed intervention. It crossed its twiggy, arthropod-like forelegs and studied her with its beady little eyes.
 
“Look kid, shinidamachuu know all. I guess you could say we're clairvoyant. You obviously feel you have some legitimate concerns regarding the hanyou's emotional state and are convinced that when it's all said and done he'll ditch you to join our ex-mistress in Hell. That's where you're wrong. He's a lot more complex than he lets on. Hell, half the time he just plays dumb so people won't expect much from him,” it explained, gesticulating all the while with its jointed, left foreleg, as if it was participating in a casual fire-side chat.
 
Since when did soul collecting, albino Peter Falk muppets get so analytical and supportive?
 
The creature snorted and squinted at her. “I don't know what a Peter Falk muppet is, and we're always supportive. We often get a bum rap for the whole soul stealing bit, but that was under duress. Besides, we do good deeds too. Who else do you suppose gets kittens out of trees?”
 
“Uh, oookaaay. Hey, you're not gonna try to lay eggs on me, are you?! And since you're getting fresh with my knee and all, can you tell me if you have a name?”
 
“Don't be silly, I don't lay eggs on humans. We may get freaky, but it's all consensual. You can call me Hiromasa and I'm here to give you a little advice, since you and the hanyou can't seem to get your shit together. I swear you two really need a good swift kick in the ass sometimes. Destiny is calling out to you both, yet you ignore it in favor pining away over something you think you can't have.”
 
Hiromasa sighed, and then drew a deep breath in preparation for a tedious lecture on the inner workings of a forsaken hanyou's mind.
 
“You think that he's only coping with losing Kikyo, and while her death does weigh heavily on him, he's also convinced himself that he has already lost you. That's what's really eating at him. You see, he did love Kikyo, but that was more like affection for a kindred spirit. It was also before he understood how it felt to be hopelessly in love. He still cared for her, but to lose you would destroy him. He's steeling himself for the day you tell him to take a hike. Inuyasha knows what this fiasco has done to you. In his mind, the hanyou is certain that he has pushed you away for good. That's why he's been so distant.
 
Additionally, and I'm sure you don't realize this, but he perceives the space you've been trying to give him as rejection. Inuyasha will never admit it, but he desperately craves the comfort only you can give him. He won't ask for it because he worries that you'll think you're being used.
 
It will take a long time for him to come to grips with the fact that Kikyo's death was not his fault. He loves you Kagome, you are the one who rules his heart. Unfortunately, he will never approach you for fear of what you think of his motives. So, the question is: do you have enough courage to confront him, or are you willing to let him go?”
 
Hiromasa's words slowly sunk in, leaving Kagome in a state of overwhelmed astonishment. “You don't think it's too soon? I don't want to pressure him so close on the heels of Kikyo's death. And I'm sure you are aware how impatient he is when it comes to listening to anyone.”
 
“Trust me, the longer you let this go, the harder it will be on both of you. Here's what you do…” The youkai gave her a vivid play-by-play that had Kagome blushing.
 
“Uh, thanks. Somehow I think the tackling him and sitting on his face part might be a bit of overkill, at least on the front end,” Kagome mumbled.
 
“Oh piffle, it's about time you teach that boy how to use his tongue properly,” Hiromasa declared while `elbowing' her with a segmented leg. Kagome found the shinidamachuu's innuendo to be a bit disconcerting. A vision of Lt. Columbo floated around in her mind's eye and she briefly wondered if Peter Falk was Hiromasa's reincarnation. All he needed was a wee, eight legged, shabby trench coat to complete the illusion.
 
“Hiromasa, vulgarity aside, is there anything I can do to repay you for all your help?”
 
The soul collector looked a little embarrassed. “Well, do you think… would it be too much trouble for you to scratch my back, right by my dorsal fin?” he asked with a hopeful lilt in his voice and an excited flutter of his feathery fin.
 
Kagome laughed and moved to help him out. “Ohhh yeah, who's your daddy… left… down… up just a bit… right there! That's the spot, ahhh!”
 
After a thorough scratching session, Kagome prepared to go tackle Inuyasha, sans face-sitting of course. If all went well, she would break that out another day.
 
“Well, I guess there's no time like the present. I should go.” But Hiromasa made no move to leave his cozy miko knee. Kagome cocked her head at him and was surprised to see him nervously twiddling his little tarsal claws with a guilty look on his muppetish face.
 
“Hey, uh… I just wanted to apologize for that whole binding you to the tree, while Kikyo was kissing Inuyasha disaster a couple years back. None of us really wanted to do that, but we had to follow orders. Sorry.” For as much as a shinidamachuu could come across as mopey and deflated, Hiromasa had the look mastered.
 
“Don't sweat it. You were just doing your job, I understand that. I think you more than made up for it tonight,” she replied with a forgiving smile.
 
Hiromasa might have smiled back; it was a little hard to tell. It looked more like a Kermit the Frog face scrunch. He then levitated off her knee as Kagome stood.
 
“Thanks again. Look me up when you feel the need for a good back scratch.” With that, she turned to make her way back to camp.
 
The soul collector called out to her, “Kagome, one more thing; don't worry too much about Naraku. True evil can never sustain itself for very long. Kikyo was right on that point.” Something in the way he said it, with such matter-of-fact confidence, lifted a massive weight off Kagome's chest. Finally, things were looking up. Now she just had to break out her kid gloves to handle the hanyou.
 
Her short walk back to camp was the most pleasant she'd had in a long time. She felt almost light hearted and chock-full of hope, until their make-shift camp came into view that is. A small case of the jitters hit her in anticipation of the upcoming conversation. I will not puss outI will not puss outI will not puss out…
 
Thankfully, the others were passed out cold. It was fairly early in the evening, but it had been a rough day of slogging over inhospitable terrain. For the most part, they each felt like shit-on-a-stick physically, if not emotionally.
 
Approaching the sitting hanyou, who had waited up for her return, Kagome made sure to pass closely enough so the hem of her skirt was only a few inches away from his face. She studied his face as her scent hit him. He looked loopy. I hope this works.
 
“May I speak with you for a moment?” she asked, extending her hand to him to help him up. She was pleasantly surprised when he nodded and took the hand without a snide remark or causing a scene that would wake everyone up.
 
Nervous and struggling to organize her thoughts, the miko led him into the forest to a small and quiet spot filled with horny fireflies performing their mating techno-dance, complete with swirly lights. The jaunt was silent and tense. Inside his sleeves, Inuyasha's fingers were busily plucking baby-fine, silver hairs out of his arms. It was a nervous habit he picked up over the years to stay his hand from reaching out to touch her, or begging her to stay with him.
 
Rather than dropping him face first into the ground by verbalizing her request for him to sit, she motioned instead. Without a peep, Inuyasha obeyed, melancholy resignation flooding his features. This was it, he was sure of it. He had half a mind to start a stupid quarrel, but just couldn't work up the energy to follow through. Inuyasha knew when he was whipped. Might as well just accept it. I'll miss her scent; it's the only thing keeping me together right now.
 
Following Hiromasa's advice, Kagome paced in short patterns before Inuyasha, making sure to whirl her skirt as she passed him, thus wafting her scent smack into his face. She felt more than a little manipulative for doing it this way, but it was shutting him up long enough to allow her the time to say her peace. Hiromasa told her about Inuyasha's fixation with her scent. Frankly, it was embarrassing as hell, but she would do what ever it took at this point.
 
Working up the gumption to speak, Kagome moved to kneel directly in front of him. It pained her heart to see his down in the mouth expression. The bizarre cross between lust and misery in his eyes was nothing new; she simply hadn't interpreted it correctly.
 
At that moment, Kagome had never wanted to kick herself more. She wondered if Inuyasha would feel the same urge when all was said and done. Admittedly, if only to herself, neither one of them was the sharpest tool in the shed when it came to reading each other.
 
“How did you get those prickle marks on your knee?” Inuyasha asked, trying to delay what he saw as the inevitable `let's just be friends from a distance of five hundred years, and by the way, I never want to see you again' speech. His heart was thudding erratically, just waiting to be broken.
 
“Huh? Oh that, it's nothing. Listen, I wanted to ask you something very important.” Kagome paused, sighing. While she didn't doubt anything Hiromasa had said, she needed to hear it from Inuyasha's lips. She had to hear him tell her that he wanted her to stay with him. For the first time in weeks, the miko looked the hanyou directly in the eye. Placing her hand on his knee, she posed her query.
 
“Inuyasha, is my being here too hard for you? Would it make it any easier on you if I left?”
 
He hadn't expected it to be phrased in the form of a question. And wait… why was she asking what he wanted, instead of just telling him straight out that she wanted to leave? Furthermore, why did she think it would be easier on him if she left? Well fuck me sideways, she thinks I don't want her here because of Kikyo's death. She thinks it hurts me to look at her. Sometimes Inuyasha really wanted to kick himself in the ass… hard.
 
“Do you want to leave?”
 
“I asked you first. Please answer me honestly.”
 
Inuyasha cast his eyes on the ground between them, trying to come up with the right words. His voice was very soft when he answered. “No, I don't want you to go. I… I don't think I could stand it if you did. When I told you that I needed you with me, I meant it. I still mean it. I don't want you to leave me… ever.”
 
He definitely wasn't expecting to feel her lips on his in a soft thank-you kiss. Kagome laughed as she saw that he was stunned stupid, just like she had been earlier. He wore the vapid expression well.
 
“Thank you. I don't want to leave either, but I would have if it's what you wanted.”
 
“So, you'll stay with me? Not just until Naraku is blown to bits?” It was exhilarating to hear the hope in his voice. It had been a very long time since she last had that small pleasure.
 
At her affectionate smile and nod, the impulse to kiss her again seized him. Before he could stop himself, the very relieved and keyed up hanyou captured her face in his hands and her lips with his. This was ever so much more than a simple thank-you kiss. This was a lip-sliding, tongue-touching kiss, and gods knew he wanted more… a lot more, but that would probably be overextending his gratitude.
 
Hesitating, he broke the kiss, his body jerkily teeter-tottering forward and back, caught between lunging to grab her and backing off. With all of his being, he wanted to close the gap between them. With all his restraint, he stopped himself.
 
Kagome thought he looked like a child who so desperately wanted to belong somewhere, but knew he never would. For once, she correctly read the battle raging in his golden eyes. Would loving her be a trade-off for her safety? Could he love her and keep her safe, or would history repeat itself?
 
“Don't worry; we're both stronger and too smart to fall for the same old tricks. Besides, we already know what we're dealing with. If you let that bastard rule your life, then he's already won. You'll protect me, I'll protect you and the rest of the world can fuck off. It's as simple as that.”
 
“You really believe that?” he asked, despite his awe in the confidence behind her statement.
 
“I believe in you.”
 
As her words filtered through his muddled mind, years of mounting anxiety evaporated away. No longer hesitating, his trembling hands seized and heaved her up against his body. Every suppressed emotion was unleashed in his explosive kiss.
 
Entranced, both of them hastily mauled each other's cloths. Showering his jaw line and throat with kisses, Kagome reveled in his bone structure and perfect skin. His voice broke around a growl. It was an odd sound, but damn if it didn't make her blood bubble. Then his lips were roving everywhere, kissing, nipping and suckling like a man possessed.
 
Down to the wire on clothing, with only the essentials covered, Inuyasha went for her bra. Unbeknownst to Kagome, Inuyasha had made it a personal goal in life to figure out how to divest her from that sexy and supportive enigma. It was a fascinating puzzle to him. Kami knows he'd watched her remove it enough. He could do this! He would do this! And he did… completely demolishing it. Fuck! How does she make it look so easy?! Hopefully, she was too busy with my hakama to notice.
 
Thankfully, she was. He was too distracted by her breasts to notice they were off until he felt the feathery brush of her fingertips over his hips and… Oh Kami! The last vestiges of nervousness were flung out the door like a belligerent drunk getting tossed from a bar as he took her down onto the soft grass.
 
Figuring, screw it; Inuyasha treated her panties with the same violence that brought about the demise of her bra. Finally flesh-on-flesh, their desire raged. He was so warm. She was so soft. Even the air recognized how perfect they were together and respectfully fled from between them.
 
Indulging himself in a long-held and deep-seated yearning, Inuyasha traced his fingertips over her breasts, rejoicing in their firm but supple softness. No longer able to, nor really wanting to fight his attraction to them, he leaned down to suckle on a pink nipple. Her little whine in response egged him on to worm his hips between her thighs.
 
He knew he was rushing things, but he honestly couldn't help himself. Perhaps he was possessed. Something was driving him, something he couldn't identify as his demonic blood or even the carnal lust he was experiencing.
 
The small portion of his brain that was still capable of analysis finally determined the cause of his desperation. It was his heart. That long neglected part of him was now controlling him, fueling him, driving him to satisfy its longing for her. It was impatient now that it was finally being heard. And it sure as hell wasn't going to be ignored anymore.
 
Rearing up onto his hands and slowly pushing his hips forward, Inuyasha watched her face closely for any indication that he should stop. Instead, he found the same desperation painted on her beautiful face. Her eyes sparkled with a need for him alone. That look was something he would cherish for eternity.
 
Seeing that Inuyasha was in somewhat of a paralyzed daze, Kagome took the initiative and thrust her hips up, completely enveloping him. He wavered with a blissfully tortured expression. It was beyond his comprehension that anything could feel so exquisite.
 
For Kagome's part, there was only a slight and very short-lived sting. It surprised her because Inuyasha was quite well endowed, so she was prepared to feel skewered by a hot fire poker. Relieved that this was not the case, and definitely craving motion, Kagome reached up to caress Inuyasha back to life. It worked.
 
Her touch captivated him. That his skin could register such pleasure from a simple caress was astounding. The tremor that passed through him inadvertently translated into a jerk of his hips, followed by another… and another. Lowering himself to her, he paced himself and worshiped her with kisses.
 
Faster and faster they moved together until they raced toward their breaking points. Inuyasha struggled to control himself. Hanyou or no, his entire body was stimulated to such a degree that he thought he'd fall apart. Her hands, her lips, her warmth, her heartbeat racing against his chest, the silky smoothness of her skin, all of it would be his undoing. They were all mercilessly competing to unravel him. Most debilitating of all though, was that maddening wetness gripping him like a burning vise.
 
Kagome inhaled a shriek and exhaled a garbled and moaning version of his name. For a brief moment, Kagome could glimpse the negative image of the capillaries behind her eyes, pulsing in vibrant red as she nearly blacked out.
 
Observing and literally feeling her lose herself as a result of something he did, was all Inuyasha needed to follow her into ecstatic oblivion. He cried her name to the moon just before collapsing into her arms.
 
The rest of the evening was spent on learning everything they could about how to please each other. They were getting pretty good at it. Kagome even broke out the face sitting move. Hiromasa was right, it drove Inuyasha nuts. Sex may not have been a cure-all, but it went a long way. Maybe it was the release of so much tension that finally allowed Inuyasha to tell Kagome that he loved her.
 
****Sixty feet away, in a big-ass tree****
 
Hiromasa and the hot little piece of chuu ass he was currently wooing, sat side by side on a tree branch watching the festivities. Damn I'm good, he thought as his feathery dorsal fin ruffled up in smug satisfaction. Next time I see that miko, I'm gettin' me one hell of a back scratch. Yeah baby!
 
 
 
Mr. Mojito and I have conducted an exhaustive study of the mating habits of shinidamachuu. It took about ten minutes (mostly spent trying to figure out how the hell to spell shinidamachuu - I still don't know if it's hyphenated or not - saw it both ways) Consider it a half-drunk lark. As I've said, I was bored. When I get bored, I make shit up. I'm blaming any inaccuracies & errors on Mr. Mojito. But I can't stay mad at him, he's all limy and minty… yum.
 
According to www.babynameguide.com, Hiromasa means straightforward.