InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Watch Your Words or Watch Your Back ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 23 - Watch Your Words or Watch Your Back
 
 
The smell of a five-star breakfast woke Kagome a short while after dawn. She awoke refreshed and ready to face whatever was to come. Once she had had time to process all of the new information it didn't seem all that bad and she was looking forward to seeing her father again! Although she was no longer angry she still had a few choice things she would like to say to him. She dressed mechanically and then followed her feet downstairs and sat at the table, her mouth watering at all the choices. She listened to her brother chatter about his new favorite video games and his friends while she ate and then hugged him, ruffled his hair, much to his distress, and watched as he left for school. Once he was gone she helped her mother clean up the breakfast dishes in a comfortable silence.
 
When they had finished her mother dried her hands, turned to her daughter and said, “Come with me, Kagome. It is time to give you the arrow and show you something.” Kagome followed her mother out to the storage shed and watched as her mother brought down two boxes, one round and one long and thin. She handed her the latter and they sat down on the floor.
 
Kagome looked at the box in her hands. It was made of wood and looked absolutely ancient, which she guessed it probably was. It was sealed with sutras and she could feel the power flowing from it.
 
“Don't open that until you get back to your friends. You can let them read the scroll if you like when you tell them about this all. Kaede will be able to help you. She is the miko you found to help guide your way. Your grandfather said you and he talked last night, so you understand everything in the scroll, right?”
 
“Yeah, Mama. Everything except for Sakimitama, the embodiment of love. Known but unknown? I don't get it and I don't have a clue who it is!”
 
“That is not yet for you to know. You will find out soon enough. The clues will help you realize the correct path to take when the time comes. You may be surprised, though.” Her mother smiled at her knowingly. She knew, alright, just who would be Kagome's love and her eventual mate but if she told her now Kagome probably wouldn't believe her anyway. “Now, what I have here is the answer to your question yesterday, how did I know if you were safe.” She pulled the lid off the box and carefully lifted out the seeing stone on the silver plate. “This was given to me by your father before he left. I can use it to see him and know he is safe. I can also use it to check in on you. Here.” She handed the item to Kagome.
 
“Wow, mom, it's beautiful!” Kagome ran her finger lovingly over the carved moons, her mind drifting for a moment to another moon she wished she could trace with her fingertips, if only just once. “How does it work?”
 
“Just look into the crystal and think of the one you would like to see. It will show you what they are doing right now on the other side of the well.”
 
Kagome looked into the crystal and focused her thoughts on Sesshoumaru. She missed him, whether she wanted to admit it or not, and she didn't know when she would get the chance to see him again. She watched in awe as the light swirled in the crystal before the picture cleared. What she saw was not what she had been expecting. At first all she saw was Sesshoumaru's face. His eyes were blood red, his markings jagged, and he looked downright feral. The view pulled back and she could see him standing next to the well. `What is he doing at the well?' It pulled back further and she saw what appeared to be making him so upset. Kouga was standing a few yards away and appeared to be yelling at Inuyasha, who for once was not fighting with his brother, but unsurprisingly was fighting with the wolf. `Oh, no. Not Kouga! I'm not ready to deal with him too! But why is Sesshoumaru so upset?' As she looked on she saw Shippo and all seven pups standing a bit behind Sesshoumaru and Kazue standing beside him in her larger battle form, fur raised in anger. She appeared to be growling at the wolf. `Whatever Kouga is saying is not making anyone happy, that's for sure.' She watched as Sesshoumaru began to slowly stalk towards the wolf, who seemed to be completely ignoring his presence instead choosing to yell at the much less dangerous hanyou. `Is he stupid? Doesn't he sense Sesshoumaru right behind him?'
 
“Shit, mama, I gotta go, now! I'll come back as soon as I can to get my stuff. Can I leave this here? Things are not going to be pretty over there.” She handed her mother back the seeing crystal and the long sealed box and ran at top speed to the well house, diving into the well without hesitation.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Things were not going so good near the well. Inuyasha and the others had awoken to the form of Kouga standing in the doorway to the hut, cursing and demanding to see his Kagome. Of course, as always, Inuyasha, who still had a killer headache from yesterday's meeting with a few trees, launched into his `She is not yours' rant. He flew at the wolf, knocking them both to the ground outside the hut. Miroku and Sango were quick to follow, weapons in hand just in case they were needed.
 
Kouga had been shocked when he had approached the village. He could smell her. She was here somewhere! She was alive! It felt like a huge weight had been lifted off his chest. No matter how much of a strong front he had put up for his pack, he had been very afraid that they might never find her or know what happened to her. He couldn't have gone on never knowing. But now he didn't have to worry at all! She was here and he would be seeing her any moment. But then when he got to the hut, her scent was too weak for her to be inside. She had been here but left again? Why would the mutt have let her out of his sight? He had to see her. He needed to see her right now, to see for himself that she was safe.
 
Inuyasha was stressed enough with his brother near, and for some incomprehensible reason, interested in his Kagome. He still didn't know how Sesshoumaru knew Kagome had gone or why he even cared. All he knew was in his mind his brother was considered a threat to her, and now here was another. And to top it all off he could tell that his brother and his runts were still at the well. Why was he still here?
 
“I know she was here damnit! I can smell her! What did you do with her, you worthless mutt? Did you lose her again? Or did she finally decide to leave you on her own?”
 
“Go away, Kouga. She's safe and fine and she damn well doesn't need you here too!”
 
“What do you mean `too'? Who else is here?” Kouga lifted his nose and caught the trail of Kagome's scent headed out of the village. “Never mind. I'll find her myself.”
 
As the wolf sped away Inuyasha threw his hands in the air in defeat. “He is so gonna die.” Sango and Miroku nodded their agreement as they all took off heading to the well where they knew all hell was about to break loose. They all knew now was not a time to bother Sesshoumaru even if they didn't quite know why.
 
When Kouga reached the end of the trail he saw he was in a clearing with the old bone eater's well in the middle. Kagome's scent ended here, but its sweet smell was literally drowning in the smell of dog. Kouga turned, intent on returning to yell at the mutt some more but they were already there. More choice words were exchanged while Miroku and Sango whispered back and forth about the marked absence of nine dog demons and a fox. Where had they gone?
 
Sesshoumaru, his pups, and the kit were at a stream not too far away, with Kazue tagging along. They were hungry and he had decided now would be an excellent time for a lesson on fishing, since he refused to go far from the well just in case she were to return. They were doing quite well, too. The kit seemed to have had some experience in the field, probably taught by Kagome as he knew the hanyou would never have had the patience. The wind shifted slightly and he caught a scent he did not want to smell and definitely not from the direction of the old dry well. The damn wolf was here! He took off with the others following close behind. When they arrived in the clearing they were just in time to hear the words that allowed Sesshoumaru's beast to break free of its locks and chains.
 
“Kagome is my woman. She has always been my woman. She will always be my woman. And I am tired of you risking her life and dragging her into danger. She is coming back with me to my den where I know she will be safe whether she likes it or not. And she will be my mate! I have had claim on her for nearly two years and I am tired of waiting. I will take her as my mate as soon as I get her back to my den and she will love it!” The last bit was said with a very lecherous smirk and a very dark tone.
 
No one had noticed the slowly increasing growls coming from behind the wolf in the direction of the well. Finally Inuyasha, who had been very distracted by the wolf's words, noticed his brother slowly moving towards them. “Fuck!” Inuyasha muttered.
 
Exactly! Now you're getting it mutt. Fucking! And a lot of it!” The wolf failed to notice the swirling aura of fury approaching him as Inuyasha herded his friends out of the line of fire. “What's the matter mutt? Finally realize just how much she's going to love it when I give it to her? I promise you, she will have forgotten all about you by morning. She won't even remember your name. All she will be able to say is `Kouga'!” The last word was in a high falsetto, Kouga's very poor impression of Kagome, who, by the way, had come through the well just in time to hear his last few sentences.
 
Kagome stood at the bottom of the well frozen for a moment. She couldn't believe Kouga had said that! How many times did she have to tell him no? Her shock turned quickly into anger as she climbed the vines and hoisted her way out of the well. Kouga was still facing the now retreating Inuyasha who was pushing a completely shocked Miroku and Sango trying to move them to safety, all the while trying to hold back his own transformation. The Tetsusaiga was at his waist but the words of the wolf were more than he could handle and he was slowly loosing the battle as well. Sesshoumaru was now only a few feet behind a gloating Kouga who was still doing impressions of her crying out his name in what they guessed was supposed to be orgasmic bliss, but in reality it only sounded creepy.
 
They suddenly felt her again and the pups and kit turned to look at her. She looked just as scary as their father. Her bright pink aura danced like flames around her as she stalked forward and stood next to Sesshoumaru, Kazue between them. He glanced over at her and his beast, who was in full control, gave her a toothy smirk filled with elongated, gleaming, deadly fangs. They stood silently together auras blazing, shifting, and mixing around them. Akihiro was distracted for a moment by the sight of it. In any normal circumstance the aura of a demon and a miko would clash against one another, fighting and blocking. This, however, was not happening. Instead it seemed as if the two were wrapping around each other, feeding off each other's strength. It was nearly impossible to tell where one stopped and the other began. He took it as a sign. The aura of his father, a powerful demon lord, and the aura of Kagome, an equally powerful miko who they all wanted as a mother, had reached out for each other, blending together in a way only two fully mated and bonded youkai soul-mates would. It shouldn't have been possible, and yet there it was right in front of him. And it was a beautiful sight. His father and Kagome had to be soul-mates, destined for each other. It was the only explanation possible.
 
Kouga finally finished his dirty monologue and realized he was in trouble. He turned slowly and came face to face with a very scary Sesshoumaru, a large black and red dog he had never seen before, and an even scarier Kagome. He had never seen her so angry!
 
“So, Kouga, is that really what you think I would sound like? Funny. It's not quite how I would have imagined it.” Her tone was filled with bitterness and rage.
 
Kouga looked from one to the other and back again, completely ignoring the snarling dog between. No, they were much, much scarier than the dog. His entire being was filled with fear but he could not stand down. Then he would look like a fool in front of his intended. Deciding on his course of action Kouga forced down his fear and stood tall. He needed to distract her from his previous words and hope she would forget them. “Kagome! There you are! I was so worried when I heard that dog-face over there lost you. Thank Kami you are safe, although that would have never been an issue if you had been with my pack.”
 
Kagome glanced to her left, still confused about the feral state of the demon lord but feeling no threat to her from his direction. There was, however, a very tangible threat to the wolf prince floating over the clearing as both brothers released growls so deep and angry the sound made all the humans shudder reflexively.
 
Inuyasha, who had been looking at Kagome like she was crazy for just standing there next to his out of control brother, snapped back to attention. “That's it, you fucking mangy wolf! How dare you come here, insult Kagome's honor like that, and then expect to talk to her like nothing happened! I am tired of fucking saying this! SHE IS NOT YOURS!” With a final snarl Inuyasha dove at the wolf, claws out and ready for blood.
 
Not to be outdone, Sesshoumaru jumped forward as well. Kouga was doing his best to avoid the blows by relying heavily on his jewel shard enhanced legs, but it was rather difficult avoiding attacks from two sides. He jumped to the left to avoid the poison claws ready to tear into his flesh only to jump right into a ready fist that sent him flying back into a tree. His head bounced off the tree, disorienting him for a second. Before Inuyasha could even register the punch had connected Sesshoumaru moved forward, lifting the offending wolf into his signature hold. His claws were wrapped tightly around the now flailing wolf's throat while his feet dangled over a foot off the ground. He slammed him up against the tree that once again had the pleasure of bouncing off of the back of Kouga's skull.
 
Kouga gasped for air before he started clawing at the arm holding him. He knew the demon lord had only one arm and he intended to use his misfortune to his own advantage. The forearm of the taiyoukai was being torn to shreds, blood pouring down and covering the chest of the hanging wolf.
 
Seeing that Sesshoumaru had a handle on things, even though he had no idea why he even cared once again, Inuyasha crossed the clearing to stand near Kagome just in case the wolf got loose and tried to come near her or kidnap her again. Kagome had been content to watch. She had finally decided that Kouga would not learn the easy way, that maybe he needed some sense knocked into him. But now, watching the wolf turn blue and seeing the demon lord's blood running down Kouga's body and pooling at his own feet, she had to get involved. Brushing past Inuyasha who was too stunned to grab her, she ran forward stopping only a few feet from the two demons locked in a battle of wills. Neither would back down. Kouga refused to pass out, fighting for air. Sesshoumaru refused to give in to the blood loss and damage his only arm was sustaining by letting go.
 
Kagome did not hear as Inuyasha called out to her to stop or how Sango cried out to be careful. She only saw the two in front of her. “Sesshoumaru! Please, let him down! Don't kill him!” Her voice was pleading, her distress obvious.
 
“Give it up, Kagome! Let Sesshoumaru kill the bastard! He deserves it!” Inuyasha yelled at her while approaching slowly. He knew better than to rush at his brother while his beast was in control. He could lash out and end up hurting Kagome, who apparently had lost her mind and was standing right next to the action.
 
Sesshoumaru turned red eyes towards her before returning them to his prey. She dared to defend the wolf when he, Lord Sesshoumaru, fought for her very honor? The beast was in control and he did not want to release he who contended for her affections. He growled at her, the sound commanding her to back down and obey, to not get involved.
 
She, being human of course, had no idea what the growl meant, not that she would have listened if she had. She looked from his still blood red eyes to his wrist to the wolf's face and back and then reached out her hand, moving slowly, and placed it on his upper arm, running it down softly to his elbow above the damaged flesh hanging in ribbons from his entire wrist and forearm, the blood still pouring out. If things continued on as they were he wouldn't have any blood left! Feeling her touch his eyes snapped back to hers. “Sesshoumaru, please. He is an idiot and an ass but he doesn't deserve to die for it.” His ruby orbs watched her blue ones as tears formed along her lids, threatening to fall. Watching as she cried for the wolf he snarled before releasing his hold, the wolf falling to a gasping lump at the base of the tree he had been held against.
 
Inuyasha had frozen completely when he saw Kagome reach out and actually touch his older, full demon, human hating brother. What was she doing? What made her think Sesshoumaru would even listen to her? When the demon lord actually dropped the wolf he had been shocked. Sesshoumaru had listened to a human? And he hadn't just put the wolf down to attack the miko either, as he had momentarily feared.
 
Sesshoumaru attempted to move away from her. Clearly she had chosen and her choice was not in his favor. He was surprised, though, when rather than rushing to the wolf prince's aid she held on to his elbow tightly. He looked down at her hand and then back at her face where tears now fell freely. The beast was confused. She had chosen the wolf, had she not? She had kept him from killing the one who would challenge him for mating rights. She should have been down on her knees in the dirt and blood checking on the wolf but instead she held to him, looking into his eyes as her tears fell. Why did she look like she was crying for him?
 
Miroku and Sango had run to Inuyasha's side, all watching the exchange between the taiyoukai and miko. She wasn't letting him go. Instead she was holding tightly to him while staring into his blood red eyes. Miroku was certain then that they had been correct in their guess that Sesshoumaru had, for some reason, marked Kagome as pack. They had to have a serious connection for Sesshoumaru's beast to not only allow her touch but to heed her request as well. He looked to Sango and they shared a silent thought. He won't hurt her. Not if she is marked as under his protection.
 
She pulled at him gently, her eyes pleading, and he allowed her to lead him, curious as to what she intended to do. Completely ignoring Kouga who had regained enough breath to call after her, she walked slowly with him in tow. Soon he found himself at the stream where he, his pups, and her kit had been fishing earlier. Looking at her again in confusion she motioned for him to sit on a flat rock along the bank. He followed her instruction blindly, still attempting to determine her motives. The scent of her tears unsettled the beast but thankfully her tears had slowed as they approached her destination and she wiped them away on her sleeve.
 
When Kouga had called out to Kagome, Inuyasha snapped out of his daze and funneled all his confused frustration out on the wolf. He rushed at him past his brother being led away by his Kagome and dove at the ever annoying, completely thick headed wolf prince. Kouga barely managed to avoid being landed on and jumped back and away. While he retreated Kouga watched in confusion as his love, his intended mate led away the dangerous feral demon lord of the west with no fear, and watched as said `I would rather kill them all than suffer their disgusting presence' human-hating demon lord allowed himself to be touched and led by a human. After a few more attempted hits and misses Kouga decided to give up, for now, and took off in his funnel cloud of dust.
 
Kagome was horrified! He only had one arm to begin with and Kouga had shredded it! She could see the white of his bones showing through in places and she was sure that he was more pale than usual. She knew his beast was in control and yet she felt no fear. Had she taken the time to investigate her feelings she would have found that she was surprisingly comfortable in the presence of the great taiyoukai's blood beast. She did not speak and yet he seemed to know what she wished of him as he held his arm low over the softly running water. Glancing down, she was suddenly grateful that she had worn a long skirt today. She knelt down next to his arm, knees in the water, and careful not to touch the damaged flesh used the tip of one of his razor sharp claws as a knife to start a cut in her skirt, which she then tore. She tore it up the length until she reached where her normal attire would end, if not a little higher. She then tore the remaining off, leaving her once more in a very short skirt. Making use of his claws once more she tore the material that once was an ankle length cotton skirt into long strips.
 
He watched her intently, the beast now more than curious about her actions and reveling in her gentle touch and her obvious lack of fear. He had observed her handling of his deadly claws, how she took hold of his hand and used an inexplicably sharp tip as if it were her own to cut her skirt. Of course he had known all along despite the claims of his more rational side, that she had been made for only him even though her earlier actions had made him question for a moment whether it was too late. If too much damage had been done for her to ever see him as anything but a cold hearted beast. But now, now she was touching him with care, in a way he had not been touched since before his mother had passed. She had dipped one strip of her once long skirt in the stream and was trying to cleanse his wound without causing him pain. She was soaking the fabric and then ringing it out over the torn flesh with one hand, looking back and forth from her task to his face watching for any signs of pain or discomfort. All the while her other hand held his gently. She was tending to his wound so carefully. A pleased growl that more closely resembled a purr escaped him unbidden but unrestrained. His desired mate was caring for him, just as she should. The tender act spoke to the heart of his beast, only adding to his conviction that he had been right all along, and in the background his more civilized half agreed.
 
Hearing the growl she looked to his face once more, not sure what to expect. The calm, approving look he was giving her was definitely not it though. As the sound continued she shrugged her shoulders and moved on. Releasing his hand, she dipped the cloth in the stream once more and rung it out partially before she began to wrap it carefully over the torn flesh bit by bit, stopping at times to gingerly lift a hanging bit of flesh and move it to where it had once been. She continued on for nearly ten minutes, piecing his flesh back together like a puzzle and wrapping it gently in the moist cloth strips to hold it in place. She didn't like it and it wasn't her best first aid work but it was the best she could do with no supplies. She did not think it a good idea to lead a feral taiyoukai into a human village to obtain what little was left over of her medical supplies, which she had been intending to replenish on her return trip. But since she had left in such a hurry there was no time for or any thought to her large yellow bag.
 
When she had finished her task she looked up at him before she stood and gently placed her hand on his forehead, checking for a fever. He still looked too pale for her comfort. She encouraged him then to lie on the ground near the stream and she surprised him when, after she sat, she lifted his head into her lap. He lay looking up at her while she silently ran her hand along his cheek tracing the marks of his heritage, before her fingers moved to follow shell of his ear to its point and back before slowly beginning the journey again. His purr, which had only ceased between the time he lay and the moment she placed his head in her lap before recommencing, increased in volume. She watched his eyes as she touched him, not stopping to consider who she was holding so tenderly, nor who she was touching so intimately.
 
His beautiful mate had not only treated his wound but now was holding him and caressing him! Never before had he enjoyed a sensation so greatly. His chest rumbled with the sound of his satisfaction and the beast slowly relaxed, releasing his grip on control. The purring tapered off as his ruby eyes slid shut softly. When they opened again to observe her they had returned to the swirling liquid gold she was more accustomed to.
 
“Sesshoumaru?” His eyes met hers and she continued. “I'm so sorry! Your arm! I didn't have my first aid kit so I did the best I could, but it still isn't so great.”
 
He merely grunted at her, moving his head a bit to nudge her hand to bring to her attention that she had paused in her ministrations. She smiled when she realized what he wanted and she continued her caresses, taking a moment to trace the crescent moon upon his brow with the tip of her pinkie as she had imagined herself doing just a bit ago. She slid one hand into his hair, pulling her fingers through the silver silk strands. Her other hand resumed its tracing of his stripes and his ear.
 
Taking in the look of total comfort and enjoyment on his face she spoke. “You like that, don't you?” She giggled a bit at the thought of the all powerful, ruthless demon lord enjoying the soft petting of her fingers. He was more like a dog than she had expected. “I figured it would soothe your beast so you could regain control, but I never figured that you would like it too!” Her smile widened at his surprised look.
 
Refusing to move from his coveted location, he spoke. “You knew that this Sesshoumaru was not in control and yet you risked injury or death by placing yourself alone and in close proximity to my beast?” He was shocked at her small nod. He had guessed that she was not aware of the danger but instead she had known and still treated his wound and soothed his beast at a risk to her own safety! And soothe the beast she had, expertly. Her closeness had drowned him in her wonderful scent, her soft touches speaking to his beast more than words ever could. She had accepted the presence of his beast just as easily as she had accepted his own presence. No one, absolutely no one would do such a thing, but she had. Yes, his beast had been right all along. She was indeed the one meant for him.
 
“I don't know why but I didn't think you wouldn't hurt me, in any form.” She sent a shy, unsure smile at him. “Sesshoumaru, if you don't mind me asking, why did you let him tear up your arm like that? Why not drop him?”
 
He snarled at the mention of the wolf, an action that apparently didn't phase her a bit. Once he got past the small bit of rage that had flooded him he thought on her question. He had concluded earlier that to connect with her he needed to be open and honest with her so he decided to answer. “My beast refused to be the one to back down from the challenge, despite the damage. Do not worry yourself. This Sesshoumaru will heal. How is it, Kagome, that you knew how to soothe my beast?”
 
She shivered slightly as he spoke her name. She would never get used to that! Her slight movement did not go unnoticed by the taiyoukai who made a mental note to use her name more often. Kagome sat for a moment trying to think of a suitable answer. Finding none, she shrugged. “I dunno. I felt the need to do something, so I did it. I didn't do anything wrong, did I?” She was suddenly nervous and the shift in her scent was unpleasant. He decided to try to calm her fears.
 
“No. In fact you did everything right, at least for one in your place. If another had attempted to do what you had done my beast would surely have killed them, but my beast seems to have a soft spot for you.” He paused, taking in her expression. “I believe this Sesshoumaru may have one as well.” He watched as her eyes widened and her mouth opened and closed a few times before finally staying shut. She looked into his eyes, searching them for any hint of jest, but found none.
 
Not knowing what to say to his baffling revelation she attempted to change the subject as gently as possible. “Um, Sesshoumaru? I, well, I didn't want to try when your beast was in control, just in case he took it as a threat, but now that your back, I was wondering…if you would let me…ummm.”
 
He narrowed his eyes at her, unhappy with the nervousness and discomfort in her voice and scent. She had been so comfortable before. “What is it you wish, Kagome?”
 
She shivered again before finally finding the bravery to speak her request. “I was wondering if you would let me, um, try to… to heal your arm.” Her words came out rapidly, running together so that it was difficult to understand her. “I mean, I know you can heal yourself, and I don't mean to question your strength, it's just that it looked bad, and even if I can only help a little, you shouldn't be left with only an injured arm for defense. Something could happen to you! Wait, no, not that I think you couldn't defend yourself…”
 
“Kagome,” he cut off her nervous rambling. “Yes, you may try. This Sesshoumaru appreciates your concern.” He sat up; though he wished he had not and immediately missed the warmth of her body, the intensity of her scent, and the feeling of comfort her proximity brought him, and held his arm out to her once again. She slowly pulled the bandages from his arm unwrapping it carefully. The bleeding had thankfully stopped, partly due to the strength of his youkai blood, and partly due to the pressure of her careful binding.
 
She looked over it before looking up into his eyes again. “I'm so sorry.” Her voice was low and full of pain. “I never wanted you to get hurt. I just thought that maybe he would learn a lesson this time. Usually I keep Inuyasha from fighting with him, but that apparently didn't solve anything. I thought…oh, it's an awful thought! I thought that maybe if he got a bit of a beating maybe it would get through his thick skull that I'm not his!” While she spoke, a pink light flowed from her fingers where she held into his large clawed hand with both of her own dainty ones. The light surrounded his arm and flowed up until the entire damaged area was engulfed in the warm healing light.
 
He felt a tingle as the warmth spread over the tatters left of his only arm. The tingle increased to a powerful itch but before he finally gave in to the overwhelming urge to scratch the feeling was gone and once he looked he noticed so were the wounds. His arm looked as good as new, and felt it too!
 
Kagome looked on in awe as she saw that she had not only successfully healed him but she had done so completely. His arm was once again the example of masculine perfection. She noticed, too, that he no longer appeared overly pale. He couldn't stop himself. He reached out his arm and pulled her towards him, molding her back flush to his chest with her body resting between his legs. His arm then wrapped around her waist, holding her tightly to him. He leaned down until his mouth was next to her ear before breathing out “Thank you Kagome. This Sesshoumaru greatly appreciates your kindness.”