InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ How Can I Study When You're On My Mind ( Chapter 53 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 53 - How Can I Study When You're On My Mind
 
 
The sun slowly crept over the horizon to shine on the group sleeping peacefully in a clearing in Inuyasha's Forest. Sesshoumaru was the first to wake and was rather amused by what he found. Hisoka was actually lying on top of him and Kagome. Shippo was curled up into a little ball on her hip, his fluffy tail covering most of his body. Glancing up he saw Akihiro and Hitoshi with their hands wrapped in her hair. Glancing down he saw Isamu and Yuudai holding on to her legs. There was no way she could move. She had been thoroughly trapped. `At least we can be sure no one could take her from camp as we slept,' he thought to himself. He caught sight of his brother's open eyes as the hanyou smirked. “I take it you have noticed our situation?” he said softly so as to not wake Kagome.
 
“Yeah. I guess they wanted to be close to her. I know Kagome would love a picture of this if she had her camera.”
 
“She did not bring it?” Sesshoumaru whispered. He had learned about this `camera' thing when Inuyasha had brought all the supplies through the well.
 
“Don't think so. If she did she would have been chasing the kids around with the thing.”
 
“Hn. This Sesshoumaru is going to take the boys for their bath. I would like you to stay with Kagome. She needs to focus on her studying and she has not been able to do so for the last few days.”
 
“That's fine with me. I wanted to talk to her anyway.”
 
“You are not to distract her from her studies.”
 
“I won't! I just haven't gotten to talk to her much with everything going on. So how do we get out of here?”
 
“We will either have to wait until the children and Kagome wake or wake them ourselves. Are you so eager to escape?”
 
Inuyasha thought about it for a minute. He had never been quite so comfortable in his entire life. “Nah. It's kinda nice. It's like… I don't know.”
 
“Like you have a family and a pack again?”
 
“Yeah. And it's all because of her. I owe her so much. She's changed my entire existence for the better.”
 
“Mine as well, brother. Mine as well.”
 
The brothers fell silent, both just enjoying the comfort of her presence, aura, and scent along with the feel of being surrounded by pack. Neither had ever experienced anything quite like it. Sesshoumaru had been close, but she had been unconscious and Rin, Shippo, and his brother had not been present. Holding her in his arms while surrounded by their pack was something he would never get enough of. It made him feel whole, complete, like everything was as it should be. Inuyasha was thinking almost the same exact thing. In his mind, at this moment, all was right with the world. All the pain he had suffered during his childhood, the pain of Kikyo's betrayals and of his mother's death, the hate he held for himself for being a hanyou, it was all gone. It didn't matter how the rest of the world saw him. He had everything he needed right here.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagura had returned and was currently working up the nerve to enter her master's chambers. She hadn't seen Kohaku yet so she didn't know what to expect, why he had been calling her. She sucked in one more deep breath and let it out slowly before sliding open the screen that separated his room from the hall. She kept her eyes to the floor as she approached where he sat.
 
“It is about time, Kagura. Where have you been?” His tone was level, controlled, so she still didn't know whether he was angry or not, if he knew of her betrayals or if he merely wanted her to do something.
 
She glanced up and took in his expression. He looked as if he was practicing to keep his face expressionless like Lord Sesshoumaru's but he was failing. His eyes showed his suspicion and his lip was curled just the slightest bit relaying to her the snarl he had held back as he spoke. “Master Naraku, I have been surveying the land in an attempt to locate demons who could be encouraged to join with you against your enemies.”
 
“Really? And did you locate any?”
 
`Shit! Maybe that wasn't the best excuse. Think! Think! Shit, he's going to kill me.' Kagura was wracking her brain for anything that would save her from this situation. “The demons are wary of my presence. It seems that word of your power has spread, causing them to fear your companions as well as yourself. I could not bring them to speak with me so that I could convince them to join with you.” `Just perfect. Stroke the egomaniac's ego and maybe he won't realize that you're full of shit!' she thought to herself while awaiting his response.
 
“Perhaps they will need some additional convincing. The saimyosho have been failing to return to me, though one did bring rather interesting information. Go and locate for me several groups of demons that could possibly be persuaded to serve me. I have need of semi-intelligent demons to put my plan into action. Do not fail me, Kagura. You know what will happen if you do so. Take the boy with you. Perhaps his presence can be used to your advantage.”
 
“Yes, Lord Naraku. I will find those who can be bent to your will.” She held in her sigh of relief as she turned and walked from the room. She nearly jumped out of her skin as she noticed Kohaku suddenly at her side. The boy moved silently. She nodded at him and the two proceeded out of the dilapidated castle, immediately departing on the wind demoness' feather. Once they were a distance from the castle she turned to the boy. “Do you know what information he spoke of?”
 
The young demon slayer nodded. “The one that returned had witnessed the transformation take place on the hanyou's human night. He now knows Inuyasha's night of weakness and intends to attack on the next new moon, separating him from his companions when he cannot defend himself.” Kagura's eyes widened. “Once he has killed the hanyou he intends to kidnap the miko. He believes she will have lost the will to fight against him once Inuyasha is dead.”
 
“We have to warn them somehow.”
 
“I agree, but we must also do as Naraku bid and locate demons to serve him or he will become more suspicious of your actions than he already is. The saimyosho failing to return has angered him and he was beginning to suspect that you were the cause.”
 
She smirked at him. “I was, although I am certain Lord Sesshoumaru has killed any that approached his pack as well. I merely kept him from realizing that Lord Sesshoumaru is no longer at his palace or in the west. He has joined with the hanyou and miko's pack.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
The monk had nudged Sango awake so she could see the group piled on and around Kagome. She wouldn't have believed him if she hadn't seen it herself. The two then set about to rekindle the fire that had burned out overnight, making sure to be as quiet as possible. It was the scent of breakfast cooking that finally drew Kagome from her sleep. It also caused little demon noses to twitch with interest. Kagome couldn't help but grin as she realized her position. “I guess I can't get up until they do,” she said softly while looking at Inuyasha.
 
She felt Sesshoumaru nuzzle his head into her hair and felt a low growl rumble through his chest into her own. “It appears they all wish to be as near to you as possible.”
 
“Well, I am going to be gone for a whole week soon. They might as well get as much of me now as they can so they don't miss me so much.”
 
“They will miss you no matter what. I know you all are awake. Get up so that Kagome can move.”
 
“Sneaky kids, huh? Come on. We'll all go to the stream and wash up for breakfast.” There were some groans of complaint but the children all released their holds on their miko mommy. Rin was nudged awake and then there were three. Inuyasha rolled onto his back and then stood, leaving Kagome only being held down by the demon lord. “You know, Sesshoumaru, you need to let me go too.”
 
He merely grunted before nuzzling deeper into her hair and breathing her in deeply. He pulled her a bit closer, drawing her attention to the hardness poking at her bottom. `This Sesshoumaru is not yet ready to release you.'
 
`Can we at least sit up?' He grudgingly complied, pulling her with him as he sat before arranging her in his lap. “Inuyasha, can you take the kids to wash their faces and hands for me? Apparently I'm not going anywhere for a bit.”
 
Inuyasha looked at her funny, trying to figure out what was going on. A quick sniff explained it all. He smirked at his brother. “Not ready to let her go or are you trying to hide something?”
 
Sesshoumaru growled a warning to the hanyou while Kagome shot him a glare. “Inuyasha, just go.”
 
“Keh,” was all he said before turning and walking away towards the stream, his smirk never leaving his face. The children followed behind him obediently, though they were all wondering what had just happened.
 
`Sesshoumaru, I need to get up.'
 
`In a minute.'
 
He heard her let out a sigh. `I doubt me sitting in your lap is going to help the situation.' She was right, of course, but still he didn't want to release her. `If you let me go I'm sure you can sit in a way that no one will notice. And maybe once I'm gone it will go away.' His arm tightened for a moment before he finally released her. She stood up and looked back at him with a smile. “I'll be back in a few minutes. Then we can eat and figure out who's giving the kids a bath.” He nodded and she walked away in the direction of the stream to join Inuyasha and the children.
 
By the time they all returned breakfast was ready. After the quick meal Sesshoumaru announced that he would take the boys for their bath so that Kagome could study. Inuyasha then said that he would stay with her to make sure she was safe. Sango volunteered to take Rin with her when she went to take her own bath. Once that was decided the boys gathered their clean clothes and Kagome handed them a bag with her bathing supplies so they had soap and shampoo. She also handed them some towels. After a peck on the forehead for each boy and a quick kiss to Sesshoumaru they were off. Kagome helped Rin and Sango wash the breakfast dishes in the stream before gathering her books and finding a nice quiet spot to study, with Inuyasha sitting at her side.
 
Once Kagome and Inuyasha were gone only Jaken, Rin, Sango, and Miroku remained. Kirara, Kazue, and Ah Un had all been told they could go find something to eat. Rin sat next to Jaken while she colored, talking all the while. She was rather enjoying telling her toad demon friend how wonderful she thought her new Mama was. Sango and Miroku smiled as they overheard the happy little girl.
 
Miroku was still having an internal battle over what to do. He knew he needed to tell her how he felt. He even had reason to believe she felt the same way if Kagome was right, and she usually was. So the question wasn't whether to tell her but how. How do you tell the woman you have loved for two years how you feel? How do you explain why you kept her at arms length all that time, why you flirted with other women so she wouldn't suspect anything? He had no idea. This wasn't something to be done lightly. She was the one, the only one he had ever felt like this about, the only woman he would ever want, so he couldn't screw this up. He needed time to think, to figure out some way to do this. But he had no idea. He needed advice, but who could he ask? He certainly couldn't ask Inuyasha. His track record with the female species wasn't so great. He could ask Kagome but chances are she wouldn't know how either. She never did confess her feelings to Inuyasha when she had them. Kaede surely couldn't help. What about Sesshoumaru? He seemed to be doing pretty well at getting the girl he wanted, but then he did have fate on his side. But still, Kagome had said that Sesshoumaru was doing just fine on his own, that he didn't need their help. She certainly seemed happy with him even if they weren't officially together or mated yet. Maybe Sesshoumaru would have some kind of advice, some idea to at least point him in the right direction. With that decided he rose and began to walk towards the hot spring.
 
“Miroku, where are you going?” Sango asked. He had been acting so oddly ever since she talked to him. And then last night he took a walk alone with Kagome. She was getting worried. What if he really didn't like her after all? What if he changed his mind? What if he totally misinterpreted what she said? She needed to find out what he and Kagome had talked about.
 
“I need to take a bath as well so I figured I would join the boys.”
 
“Oh, alright,” Sango said slowly. Now it was just her. Rin was thoroughly distracted talking to Jaken, while Jaken appeared to be doing his best not to tell the little girl to shut up. He kept looking towards the demon slayer with a `somebody help me' look on his face but she was ignoring him. She didn't have anything to do while she waited for the boys to finish their baths so she and Rin could have their turn. Deciding to take advantage of the down time she decided to polish her weapon and check it for cracks. She hadn't done so in a while and it wouldn't be good if the thing broke in half during a battle because she hadn't taken care of it.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagome was trying to study, really she was, but she just couldn't stop thinking. If she put the necklace on Sesshoumaru and it worked then would he insist on going home with her? That was definitely what it seemed like. He wanted to see her time and meet her family, so much so that he was willing to be subjugated even though he had witnessed multiple times just what that did to Inuyasha. If he went home with her what would her family think? Then it dawned on her. Her mother knew who her Sakimitama was but had refused to tell her. Hell, she was probably expecting him to show up. But he would insist on saying the entire week and she had been hoping to see her friends at least a little bit before she was gone for months. Would he even stay at her house while she went to school or would he be like Inuyasha and sit impatiently on the roof? And if her friends showed up at the shrine, which she knew was fairly likely, what would they think him? She couldn't really hide the guy. I mean come on, he's huge! Plus he would probably think she was trying to hide him because she was embarrassed or something like that. She found it interesting just how insecure her big bad demon could be. Shaking her head Kagome let out a sigh. She didn't realize it but it was the fifth sigh in the last two minutes and it was really starting to bug Inuyasha.
 
“What's the damn problem?”
 
“Huh?” she asked intelligently.
 
“Why do you keep sighing? You don't even look like you're reading.”
 
She immediately began a new internal debate. Could she tell Inuyasha? What would he say? Would he be upset that his brother would be able to pass through the well too or would he be okay with it? He had been acting much nicer towards Sesshoumaru and the kids since the cave incident but she still wasn't sure. “If I tell you will you promise not to get upset and instead try to help me?”
 
His eyebrows furrowed as he was suddenly worried. “Sure, sure. What's the matter? What do you need my help with?”
 
She let out another, even bigger sigh. “Your brother. He had Kaede make him subjugation beads like yours so he can go through the well too. He says he wants to meet my family and learn more about my time so he can better understand me. But I'm not sure how he would act. I wanted to see my friends while I was in my time and even if I didn't, they would probably show up anyway. And then they would mention Hojo or worse he would show up too. I just, I'm not sure what would happen if he went home with me. And on top of that you guys would have to watch the kids for a whole week. Not that I don't think you could handle it but still.”
 
He just stared at her for a minute. Damn she was talking fast! “Did you just say he wants beads like mine?”
 
“Yeah. He actually asked me to activate them, like when I said s-i-t the first time.” She waited for it, silently counting in her head. She had only made it to one when he burst out laughing. “Yeah, that's what I did too.” She waited for him to calm down but found herself laughing with him. It really was just too funny, the mental image of Sesshoumaru being thrown to the ground at the word of a human female no less.
 
“Oh… Oh, Kami, that's great! I don't think I've ever laughed so hard,” he finally managed to get out. “I can't believe he actually wants it!”
 
“I know. It's just odd. But what do you think? Do you think he would be okay in my time?”
 
Inuyasha looked contemplative for a minute before answering. “Kagome, he loves you. I can tell just by looking at him, besides the fact that he is your embodiment of love and you're destined for each other. He would behave. He would do anything to keep you happy if the beads are any indication. I'm sure things would be fine, and me, the monk, Sango, and Jaken can handle the kids. I am second in command after all. It is my responsibility to protect the pack in his and your absence,” he added, sounding rather proud of himself. Sure, he wasn't alpha anymore but beta worked just fine for him. Now that his opinion of Sesshoumaru had changed so drastically he no longer saw any problem with it.
 
“You're probably right. It's just so weird, thinking about Sesshoumaru in my time, in my house. Never would have guessed it. Now all I have to do is decide on the word and activate the beads. Then we can give it a try.”
 
“So what word are you thinking of?”
 
“I don't know. When I picked yours it just happened. I had seconds and it just came out. Now that I have time to think about it I'm trying to find a word that I won't say accidentally.”
 
“But you want another dog command, don't you?” he asked with a smirk. He could tell just by the mischievous look on her face.
 
“I was thinking about it,” she admitted with a smile. “I was gonna use heel but then I remembered that I would most likely say heal, as in wounds, and the beads probably wouldn't know the difference so that one's out. Lay and Down are too common. Those would be slipping out all the time. It's hard.”
 
“Yeah, I can see that. You'll think of something, I'm sure. If I think of anything good I'll let you know.” He paused and just gazed at her for a moment. “Kagome, I don't think I could ever thank you enough.”
 
“For what?” she asked with confusion plainly visible on her face.
 
“For everything. You have given me so much, more than I could ever repay you for. You taught me what true acceptance is. You helped me make friends, created a new pack. You always believed in me which helped me believe in myself. And to top it all off you gave me my family back. My brother is really my brother again and I'm an uncle!”
 
“I'm just glad you're happy. That's all that matters to me.”
 
“I want you to be happy too. I want you to know that. If you love my brother, if you want to be his mate, I support you completely. I would be proud to really be your brother.”
 
Kagome's eyes were shining with tears and she sniffled a bit before she replied. “Inuyasha, thank you. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't approve. I love you too much to lose you but I… I'm starting to think that I really love him. When he holds me it's like the world is perfect. I'm just glad I don't have to choose between the two of you.”
 
“I would never make you do that. Not now that I understand him, thanks to you. Now you need to study. I'll think about possible words for you. Deal?”
 
She grinned at him, happiness shining in her eyes. “Deal.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sesshoumaru was sitting against the base of a tree watching as his pups and Shippo splashed and played in the spring. He figured he would let them play for a while to get it out of their systems before making them wash. He held a small smile on his lips. He had never seen them so happy, so playful. Kagome was a good thing for them. He had never known what they were missing, and most likely neither did they until she had come into their lives. Now they knew the love of a mother, real love if her protective instincts said anything about it. She had slipped into the position so perfectly, like the last piece in the puzzle of his life, the one he had been missing and thought to be forever lost. He mentally thanked every Kami he had ever heard of for bringing her to him. He was so deep in his thoughts that he nearly missed it when the monk entered the clearing and sat down beside him. Sesshoumaru turned his heard slightly to observe the monk before he spoke. “Is there something you need from this Sesshoumaru?” He watched as the monk hesitated, as if he were unsure whether he wanted to talk or not. “You obviously want something. Out with it, monk.”
 
Miroku took a deep breath while he worked up his bravery to speak. “I… I was wondering if you could… could give me some… advice… about women.”
 
He couldn't help but feel it as his eyebrow rose to never before seen heights. The lecherous monk wanted his advice on women? How could he possibly help? Every woman he had ever come across had been terrified of him except for his Kagome. Maybe the monk thought he was good with women because of her. That had to be it. “This Sesshoumaru is unsure if I will be of any assistance but you may ask.”
 
“Well, see, it's like this. Sango said the weirdest things to me yesterday and then Kagome helped me figure out what she meant when we went on our walk last night. I… I'm in love with Sango, but I had never intended to tell her because she would only end up hurt when my wind tunnel sucks me in. If we don't kill Naraku in time my future is clear. I will die just as my father and his father, sucking into my own void. I couldn't risk hurting her by dying so I loved her from a distance.” He glanced at Sesshoumaru who merely nodded for him to go on. “So Kagome thinks that Sango somehow suspects I have feelings for her and wants me to tell her. She said something like `Even if one of us were to die I would never wish to have not met them at all to avoid the pain. She said we should live each day to the fullest since we have no idea if we will see tomorrow, that we should do what we want and say what we want.”
 
“I believe Kagome is right as to what the slayer was saying.”
 
“I think so too, but my problem is how do I tell her? I love her. She's the woman I want to marry and have a family with. I can't screw this up. I have absolutely no idea how to even start.”
 
He understood now what the monk was asking, and why as well. “You believe that I will know how because I have confessed my feelings to Kagome?” Miroku nodded eager to be let in on the big secret. “This Sesshoumaru cannot tell you how to do so. I expect it would be different for everyone. Besides, there does not seem to be cause for your worry if the slayer is trying to get you to confess your feelings. Doing so leads me to believe she harbors feelings for you as well. She will not deny you. Just be honest with her.”
 
“Kagome said she thought Sango likes me as well.”
 
“It is very likely. I was beginning to suspect so merely by her actions in your presence. She is most likely as nervous as you in regards to the situation. Just keep your hands at respectable locations while you speak with her and I see no reason for a negative result.”
 
Miroku nodded again. “Thank you, Lord Sesshoumaru.” He sat silently for a minute before speaking once again. “I need a bath as well. Do you think they would mind if I joined them?”
 
“You may,” was all the taiyoukai said before falling silent once more. His mind drifted then to the beads that still rested in the sleeve of his haori. She said she would do it, though she seemed reluctant. Truth be told he was slightly nervous about the whole thing. What would happen when she activated them? Would he be slammed into the ground like his brother? It would be rather humiliating but he supposed it would be worth it. He trusted that she would not abuse the power. Would he be able to pass through the well then? If he could then he would have to speak with his brother. Inuyasha would have to live up to his position as beta and protect his children. It was odd. He trusted his brother with his sons now more than within the safety of his palace walls. Between Inuyasha being his brother once more and the ease with which Naraku had slipped into his home it wasn't a tough decision.
 
He called for the attention of his sons and they stilled immediately, awaiting his words. “It is now time for you to wash.” They looked a bit upset but they moved to the edge where the soaps and shampoos rested to do as they were told.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Hiromi smiled brightly as she carried her bags of purchases from the car to the house. She had gone to the mall to pick up a few things and went a little bit over the top, but she decided that it was worth it. This would make things easier for Kagome, one less thing for her to do while she should be studying for exams. She hoped she got the right size. It had been somewhat difficult guessing from sight alone but oh well. If they were too small she could always take them back.
 
She wondered how Souta was doing. She had noticed him giving her odd looks lately but it was really her fault. She had been unable to rein in her happiness that her daughter was in love and her hope that she would see her husband once more. He was definitely going to be upset when she told him but she had decided that he didn't need to know his father was really alive until she was sure he could come home to them. If she told him and then something happened and he couldn't pass through the well or something similar then it would be like Souta lost him again. He didn't need to have his father dangled before him only to be pulled away at the last second. No, she would wait until she was sure her husband could and would return. She had already told her decision to her father and would tell Kagome as soon as they arrived.
 
Hiromi finally carried the last bag inside and sat at the dining room table to look through her purchases. While she sorted them into piles she thought about her husband. Did he still think of her? Did he still love her? He had promised, as he was leaving, that he would never stop loving her but she still worried. She had never given up hope, though, and she refused to do so now. He still loved her just as she loved him. She had kept him close to her heart with the help of the crystal. She knew how he had aged slightly over the years. A little gray hair here, a new wrinkle there, but all in all he still looked like the man she had fallen in love with all those years ago. He had looked so happy recently when she checked on him. She had even caught him looking at the picture he had taken with him, the only thing he took with him. It warmed her heart to know that he was thinking of them and she couldn't wait to finally lay eyes on him without the help of magic. What she wouldn't give to have his arms wrapped around her once more, making her feel so happy, secure, and loved. Only he had been able to make the world seem perfect in her eyes. A world without him was flawed, and she hoped it would soon be perfect once again.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Inuyasha was thinking. It was a lot harder than he had expected it to be to find the perfect word for his brother. He really wanted to be the one to come up with it though. That would make watching it all the better knowing that he had a part in it. Sure, he was okay with Sesshoumaru now but that didn't keep him from being quite entertained at the whole idea. Sesshoumaru had seen Kagome `sit' him multiple times and he always saw a bit of humor in his eyes, even though he tried to hide it. Now he had a chance to even the playing field a bit. But the word, it was hard! Obviously sit would be out of the question unless he wanted to crash into the ground every time Kagome was saying the word for his brother. No, definitely not the same word. Kagome had been right about heel. It seemed like a good option except the beads probably wouldn't know the difference between heel and heal and the group ended up wounded enough that it could definitely become an issue. Stay was probably too common also. He was at a loss as to what to recommend.
 
Kagome looked like she was reading but her mind was still throwing suggestions out for the perfect word. Suddenly she was struck by an idea. She slammed her textbook closed, making Inuyasha jump, before she stood and started to walk away.
 
“Where in the hell do you think you're going, wench?”
 
Kagome sighed softly. “I'm going to see Kaede. I have to ask her something.”
 
“Well then I'm comin' with ya. He'd kill me if I let you go alone you know.”
 
“Yeah, yeah, I know.”
 
“So what is it you want to ask the old hag?”
 
“Inuyasha! Be nice! Don't call her that! And you'll just have to wait until we get there.” She let out a startled yelp when she suddenly found herself tossed on her hanyou's back. Apparently he wasn't very patient, but then she already knew that. He skidded to a stop outside of Kaede's hut and lowered her to the ground. “Damn it, Inuyasha! You could have at least warned me before you did that!”
 
“It got ya here, didn't it?” His face held a smirk. It was kinda fun to make her yelp. With the weight of all his stress off his shoulders for the time being he felt rather playful.
 
“Sure, I'm here, but I think I had a small heart attack along the way!”
 
“At least it wasn't a big one,” he teased.
 
“Oh just shut up and come on.” Inuyasha pushed through the bamboo curtain that served as a door, holding it open so Kagome could pass. She smiled at Kaede who sat tying herbs into bundles to hang from her ceiling to dry. “Hey Kaede, I have something to ask you.” Inuyasha sat in quiet surprise as Kagome posed her question to the elder miko. He eagerly awaited her answer, more so than Kagome even, hoping that it was possible. It certainly would make his life a little bit easier.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Once the boys had all finished washing they dried and dressed before gathering their dirty clothes and the bathing supplies and returning to camp. Sango looked up from her task. They had perfect timing. She had just finished polishing her weapon and luckily she found no cracks or other signs of damage. She called for Rin's attention and the two gathered their things and went to take their turn in the spring. Sesshoumaru looked around the camp before asking Jaken where Kagome and his brother were. The toad pointed in the direction of the clearing where the children usually played and Sesshoumaru, followed by the boys, went to check on her. When he got there, however, she and his brother were nowhere to be found, though her blanket and books remained. Sniffing the air he noticed their scents headed towards the village. He directed Isamu and Yuudai to sit under a tree near the one he had claimed to sit against and watched as the rest of the boys began to play. He was sure she was fine. Inuyasha could protect her and the mark let him know that all was well. Kagome would return soon.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Notes: Sorry for the delay. I haven't written for a couple of days. I know, I need to get my ass on task, right? Since it's the Christmas season I know I won't be able to get back to the chapter a day routine. Too much decorating and wrapping to do. At least there's just minimal shopping. Have to get the in-laws (parents and 2 sisters) and my mother's parents. We always have a family thing usually on Christmas eve or close, depending on when they can get time off. David's parents, sisters, and the whole mess of kids come up to exchange gifts, etc. We used to live closer, like maybe ten minutes, but the house we had built is more like an hour away now. Mom wanted to be out in the middle of nowhere as much as possible, which is nice but irritating to have to drive so long to get my oldest nephew. He likes to stay here over breaks. Gets away from his annoying little sisters and I let him play on the computer or xbox all day so of course I'm more fun.
 
Anyway, there was a point to that before I went off on a tangent. I'll do my best to get up at least two a week, maybe three. Oh, and the next chapter is `To Subjugate a Demon Lord', the one you've all been waiting for! I may also be updating the early chapters, just little typos and the new section breaks. I will be taking off the reviewer responses at the bottom of the old chapters so if you want to keep those save the chapters to your computer. I figure new readers don't really care too much about what I said to everyone else and my regular readers would have already read them. This way it's neater and the word count is more accurate.
 
Questions for you all. Should I do limes/lemons with Miroku/Sango or just Kag/Sess?
 
And reviewers on FF.net, do you want me to put my responses in the chapter like I do for the other sites or would you prefer I use the respond feature on the site?
 
I just read a story where Kagome was pretending to be a guy at school (AU) and Sesshoumaru was starting to question if he was gay because he was attracted to him/her. Now I want to read more like that. Please, give me titles! I tried searching but none of the terms I used really came up with anything. Complete is preferred but in progress is okay if it hasn't been abandoned. Thanks in advance. It's driving me nuts!
 
And one more. I was thinking, Destiny really loves to get mail but we don't have a lot of people who send us Christmas cards. She's working on her writing so I was wondering if you guys would send us Christmas cards and we would send ones back? I know she would be thrilled to get mail and she is always writing pretend letters to people. I dunno, thought maybe it would be fun. If you want to, email me and I'll send you our address. If enough of you are interested then I'll stick it down here in the notes.
 
Reviewer Responses - Thanks to everyone who reviewed! I appreciate you taking the time. It helps me when I'm writing to hear your thoughts and questions.
 
A Single Spark -
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - I've promised that Inuyasha will find someone but I doubt it's coming up soon. Miroku/Sango will be soon.
 
Kagome-chan - Sango/Miroku is close! I've actually already written it. Yeah, Myouga gave you just enough to piss you off, huh? I'm a pain.
 
Ginrei - Should I recommend brushing after reading to prevent cavities? I'm going to be sending out your check soon. I'll let you know when.
 
Sarah - That's what I was trying for. I'm rolling all my favorite elements into one story since I couldn't find one that had them all. Glad you like it!
 
Michelle - I hope your birthday was great! I'm pretty much okay now. Still living on Sudafed but other than that I'm as back to normal as possible.
 
Arryelle - I was wondering where you were! It was nice to get most all of the shopping done but it was exhausting at the same time. Way too much shopping at once for me. Not a big shopper. Kouga shows up soon here. Not too much longer to wait. I need a poke or something though to get me started again. Just not feeling it right now which is so annoying because usually it just rolls right out. I should be excited. I'm to the time in the future part so there will be new stuff. I was looking forward to it and now I can't focus. Not sure how to jump start myself.
 
G - Glad you liked the preview of the new chapters (Lucky reader, watch out for flying fruit) and thanks for the input. I'll have to work on the pups thing and the other thing you asked about, it does both and maybe more. Ha! Now everyone's going to be trying to figure out what the hell I'm talking about.
 
Sessy+me+darcy=yum - Never read it but I get it anyway. I always find it interesting how people chose their user names. I'm probably going to go with bathing suit on. Don't worry, he's still territorial but to outsiders. Pack is different so Inuyasha isn't a threat, at least in my little world. I loved writing the bra scene. Too much fun. Oh, and your three things your looking forward to, number 3 is closing in!
 
Kawaii-kilala - If I tell you what you're right about then I'll be giving away one of the secrets! Shhh! I never got to meet my father's parents since they died like five years before I was born. It's interesting. I feel bad that I never met them but I think its also less painful because I didn't know them to lose them. Does that make any sense? My moms parents are getting old, and I see Gramps getting weaker and I know I won't handle that well at all when he dies. I've only had three people die in my family, my great grandma, her sister, and her brother. That was hard enough. Wish people didn't die, ya know? I've got the first eragon book, not sure about the second. We might have it. I haven't read either. Mom has. Haven't seen the movie either but I will do both if I ever find the time.
 
Lady-myth - Definitely hard to get going again. Really annoying me too! Thanks for the encouragement!
 
Mediaminer.org -
 
Child-of-the-moon - I know what you mean about finding time. Life gets in the way of my fun all the time. Sometimes wish I could live in the little world in my mind, especially when the kid is getting on my last nerve which she's been doing a lot lately. Actually threw her first tantrum a few days ago.
 
Little Rini - Sorry to hear your having all that trouble finding a new job. My husband is working himself to death with overtime but he gets a whole week paid for Christmas so he'll have a while to chill afterwards. My mom is worried about her job since she's been missing so much work lately being sick. I definitely wish you luck and I'm glad I can cheer you up!
 
ff.net -
 
Sandra - I know. The site being down is annoying. But they're working on it so at least we know it should get better. I need to start reading the manga. I've got a couple but they cost too much to get as many as I would want. A little at a time I guess.
 
Sugar - No idea how long it'll be. I'm still in shock at how long it already is. I guess I'll just keep going until the end, whenever that'll be.
 
Satsuki - Don't feel bad. I laughed at him too once I got done being cranky.
 
Iloveprettysilverhair - you get two responses! I'm glad you think I'm doing good on keeping Sesshoumaru Sesshoumaru even though he's different too. And I know what you mean about my opinion being important. It's the same with me. When someone I've read and enjoyed compliments my story it means even more than normal because I know how good they are so for them to think I'm good, you know? I can't figure out quite how to phrase that!
 
Chibi strawberry - Glad you liked the snuggle. I love the dog piles.
 
Hitsugayaloveralways - Glad you like how Sess is and thanks for the compliment!
 
Dreamer1010 - The word choice is in the next chapter. Kagome will mark him eventually, when the time is right.
 
Ingi-doo - Glad you liked it enough to read straight through. I do that all the time. Glad you're enjoying it so far!
 
 
And I'm done!