InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Sesshoumaru's Day Out ( Chapter 62 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 62 - Sesshoumaru's Day Out
 
 
Sesshoumaru's nose had wrinkled in disgust at the smell as soon as they walked out the door but he focused on the scent of the young woman at his side, which made the overall stench of her era bearable. He made sure to hold tightly to her side as they descended the large flight of stairs, concerned that his often clumsy miko might fall, especially considering the shoes she was wearing. Once they reached the bottom of the stairs he froze, staring at the street and the large, apparently metal, horrible smelling cars. Kagome gently explained in his mind, assuring him that they would not attack, that they were simply a means of transportation. Looking closer he noticed the humans sitting inside them, finally understanding at least somewhat. She guided him to the right and they walked slowly down the sidewalk, allowing the Feudal Era demon Lord to take in everything they passed, asking question after question. He was not at all concerned about her finding him inadequate because of his lack of knowledge, knowing instead that she fully understood and had nearly infinite patience with his inquiries.
 
As they passed others, both Kagome and Sesshoumaru could hear the whispers about his appearance. There were comments on his hair and markings, but most referred to his incredibly attractive form. Women would whisper about how lucky Kagome was to have such a man, teenage girls about how they wished they were her. Men seemed jealous as well, mostly about the amount of attention he was receiving from their wives and girlfriends. None of those comments bothered the pair but there was one that was making Sesshoumaru more and more upset as he heard it over and over again. Some of the jealous women could be heard saying that Kagome didn't deserve him, that she wasn't pretty enough. Teenage girls with this opinion went a step further, declaring the Kagome had to be easy, a slut, or worse. One even said that the woman he held close to him must give an exceptional blowjob to keep a man like that, unless of course she was paying him. Kagome could sense him getting angry and she knew why. Sure, she wasn't enjoying their words either but she had expected something along those lines and had not been disappointed.
 
`Sesshoumaru?' she asked silently. `It's alright. It doesn't matter. You shouldn't get angry over something so petty.'
 
`It is far from petty. They are insulting the honor of my mate.'
 
`People always judge others. They're just saying those things to make themselves feel better about being jealous. If it doesn't bother me, you shouldn't let it bother you.'
 
He thought about it for a while as they walked. She was right of course, but he was used to being respected, or at the very least feared, but here he was unknown. He wondered if people in his time would whisper similar things if he was not so well known and feared. He couldn't help but be angered by the things they were saying about Kagome. She was sweet, kind, innocent, and completely undeserving of their insults. If only she didn't have increased hearing then at least she wouldn't have to listen to it. He fought to stay calm and contain his beast, who was taking even more offense than he and was much more apt to react violently if released. Sesshoumaru focused on her scent and aura. He let everything else fade into the background until all that existed was him and her. Once more caught not paying attention, he nearly knocked her down when she slowed to a stop outside her first destination. Of course he didn't let her fall. He caught her in his left arm, thankful once again for its return.
 
She smiled up at him, being held at an angle, his left arm supporting her body, and he leaned in to kiss her softly. He couldn't help himself. She just looked so perfect, trusting fully in him not to allow her to fall. The kiss was short but sweet, and then he righted her on her feet. She reached to open the door but he beat her to it, motioning with his hand for her to enter. She shouldn't have been surprised, really. Of course Sesshoumaru was chivalrous, at least to her. He practically screamed gentleman when he wasn't threatening to kill you. She walked through the open door and was a few steps in before she felt his hand take hold of her own, lacing their fingers together.
 
They were in a clothing store; at least that was his guess. He was right, but not completely. It was a children's clothing store. Kagome had shopped here in the past, buying toddler sized clothes for Shippo. They were easier than buying children's sizes and then altering them to fit his smaller form. The toddler clothes only required altering for his tail. Since summer was coming, it was time for her to buy new swimming trunks for Miroku and Inuyasha and a new one-piece for Sango, last year's having bit the dust by the season's end anyway. They were quite hard on their clothes, constantly being attacked by demons and all. Now she intended to buy new swim trunks for Shippo, along with a pair for each of the boys and a cute bathing suit for Rin as well. She laughed evilly in her mind… then she'd pick one up for Sesshoumaru.
 
He allowed her to lead them to a rack along the left side of the store; watching as she began looking through the hanging items. They looked similar to his boxers, but were made of a different kind of material. “Kagome? What is it you are looking for?”
 
“Hmm? Oh! I'm getting bathing suits for the kids. That way, when it gets really hot we can all swim together and cool off. I bought them for Sango, Miroku, Inuyasha, and Shippo last year and the year before. They come in handy.”
 
“And you wish to purchase these for our pups?”
 
Kagome's smile widened at his words. “Our pups? That… that sounds so… nice.”
 
“It is the truth. You are and will always be the only mother they know and love. And since I do not intend to allow you to escape me, they will always be ours.”
 
“But what if I wanted to escape?” she asked playfully. She didn't miss the pain that flashed in his eyes for just a second before his mask went up. Immediately she regretted her words. “Sesshoumaru, I was joking. I'm not going anywhere, unless you're going there with me.”
 
He pulled her to his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around her smaller body. Even now he found himself oddly insecure when it came to Kagome. He expected that the feeling would continue until she was officially his mate. Hopefully then the annoying emotion would disappear. He wasn't used to feeling like this at all. “This Sesshoumaru would follow you wherever you wish to go,” he murmured in her ear before kissing the crown of her head. “These look nothing like the bathing suit you wore in the spring.”
 
Kagome reluctantly left the warmth and security of his arms to pull out and hold up a pair of primarily red swim trunks, covered in a pattern of large white hibiscus flowers. “That's because these are for boys. Guys don't generally wear shirts, though some wear ones like this one,” she said with a smile, fingering the collar of his white undershirt. She checked the size and decided that these would be perfect for Yoshi who preferred red with white accents. Flipping through the others on the rack she selected a pair for each of the five eldest. Moving to a rack with the smaller sizes she picked out a pair for each of the youngest twins. Sesshoumaru merely watched, following her as she walked through the store in search of this or that.
 
A bell rang, signaling another customer entering or leaving the store, but neither paid it any attention. It was while Kagome was in the toddler section when she heard her name being called. “Kagome? Kagome Higurashi? What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be sick!” Kagome's face paled as she recognized the girl calling out to her. This would not be pretty.
 
“Momoko… hi. How are you?” Kagome asked politely but hesitantly as well.
 
I'm just fine. And apparently so are you. Aren't you supposed to be sick in bed? I knew you were never sick. I do have to wonder what you're doing in this store. You're little brother is much too old to wear anything from here.” The extremely nosey girl peered curiously at the items Kagome held. “So whose kid are you buying all those things for? I was right, wasn't I?”
 
“I… I'm buying summer things… for…” She paused, wracking her brain for any plausible answer. She couldn't very well tell her she was buying bathing suits for her nine children!
 
Sesshoumaru, who'd been standing a bit behind her and out of Momoko's range of focus, stepped closer to Kagome in an attempt to help her out. He understood from her nervousness, as well as from their conversation about him being called her fiancé to her friends, that saying they were his children wouldn't help the situation anymore than Kagome calling them hers. “She is assisting me in purchasing items for my younger siblings.”
 
Immediately the world-renowned gossip's eyes and attention shifted to the tall, exotic looking man who had just spoken in the most erotic voice she'd ever heard. Drinking in the perfect example of male standing before her, she immediately felt a flood of warmth and desire course through her. He would be a lot of fun in bed, she was sure of it. And it wouldn't be too hard to lure him away from Kagome. “Oh? Why would you ask Kagome for help? She's barely been out of her house for the last two years. She has no idea what is popular these days, obviously.” The last word was said as she scanned Kagome's outfit with a clear look of distaste on her face.
 
Sesshoumaru looked the offending girl up and down, evaluating her outfit since she apparently found Kagome's lacking. He failed to be impressed. She had a skirt on, one so tight and short that it barely covered the essentials. It was a shiny pink thing, most likely cheap pleather, though Kagome wouldn't have been surprised if it was latex. Her top appeared to be nothing more than a triangle of black fabric tied behind her back. It was pulled so tight over her breasts that he feared that the cloth would give under the strain and rip down the middle at any second. Her shoes were heels like Kagome's only the heel was thin and much higher, with straps wrapping around her ankles and halfway up her calves before being tied off with little black bows. Her hair was in high pigtails, curling around her cheeks which had more makeup on them than he's seen on some geisha's. The rest of her face wasn't much better. All in all she looked like a whore. Sure, the clothes had gotten more revealing, the makeup changed composition, but even after five hundred years the look was pretty much the same. Add to that her scent, in which he could detect the seed of at least five different males on and in her body, and he was convinced. He fought a disgusted shudder as he realized all five samples had to have been donated within the last 24 hours or so based on the strength of the scents.
 
`What does she believe to have been right about?'
 
`She was so kind as to start a rumor at school, shortly after I fell through the well the first time, that I was missing school not because I was ill but because I was pregnant. Everyone believed it for months until they noticed I wasn't getting any bigger. It was humiliating.' She could hear the low growl escaping him in his anger.
 
`How dare she do such a thing to our mate? How dare that whore tarnish our miko's honor? Kill her!' his beast cried out in his mind.
 
`This Sesshoumaru cannot kill her. I promised Kagome I would do no such thing. But perhaps I can make her regret her lies..'
 
Momoko watched as his eyes roamed her body, making sure she was standing in the most seductive pose she could thing of. He wanted her, she was sure of it. But then why wouldn't he, being stuck with such a boring little girl as his only companion. He turned and looked at Kagome for a second before turning back to her. She was convinced he was hooked. All she had to do was reel him in. “I would be more than willing to help you shop. I have a little brother and a little sister that are much younger than Kagome's little twerp. Unless of course there's a little Higurashi that she's hiding from the world.” She paused, making sure that Kagome heard her little jab before continuing. “I know just what your siblings would like.”
 
Kagome snorted out a laugh as she watched his facial expressions. `She wants you, Sesshoumaru. She thinks that she can steal you away. And apparently she still thinks I was pregnant. Kami, I can't believe her!'
 
`Does she always dress as such?'
 
`Mostly. She's shortened all her school uniform skirts to ensure that when she bends over everyone gets a nice view of her thong, if she even bothered to put one on that day, meanwhile I'm supposed to be the one who got pregnant and hid it from everyone.'
 
`Thong?'
 
Kagome nearly laughed out loud and had to turn away from the girl before she could continue. Momoko just stood there in her `sexy' pose thinking that he couldn't take his eyes off her. In truth he was having some trouble, but it was mostly because of the shock of the sight and the incredible urge he had to strangle the life out of the girl for hurting his Kagome. `They're panties that have just a little triangle in the front that turns basically into a string that runs right up the crack of your ass where it meets the string that goes around the top. I'll have to show you a pair if they have any at the next store. It's hard to explain, but it covers so little there isn't really a point to wearing it at all.'
 
`And she believes that this Sesshoumaru would be interested in her?'
 
`Yep! She's a giant slut. I'll bet she's putting out waves of arousal right now, isn't she?'
 
`Yes, she certainly is. I can only pray I will be able to remove this stench from my nose. I am also more than aware of her promiscuity.'
 
`How? I mean besides the clothes?'
 
`I can smell them on her. It is more vile than the air outside.' Kagome actually started laughing this time, muffling the sound with her hand. She just couldn't help it. It was too funny.
 
“Why would I ask Kagome to assist me? Because she is my girlfriend and I trust her opinion,” he said with a smirk, glad he could remember the right word when he needed it. “If I wished for my little sister to join your profession then I would definitely ask for your help, as you are obviously an expert in the field.”
 
Momoko crinkled her brow in confusion. First she had no idea why such a perfect male specimen would choose someone as boring and goody-goody as Kagome. She was so busy thinking about that, she nearly missed his second sentence. “What profession?” she asked, setting herself up perfectly.
 
“You're apparel and behavior has led me to believe you are a whore. Am I mistaken?” He said this all the while keeping a completely serious look on his face. Guess all that training at holding in his emotions was worth it. Kagome lost the battle and turned, burying her face in his chest, his arm wrapping around her as her body shook with her laughter while Sesshoumaru watched Momoko's face grow an increasing brighter red with her anger and embarrassment. Her hand pulled back and she attempted to slap him but found her wrist caught in his previously free hand, a dark smirk on his face. “It would not be wise to strike me girl.” His voice sounded dangerous and she immediately tried to wrench her arm from his hold. “It would also not be wise to insult my Kagome again. Do you understand?” She was terrified now. His hold was impossible to escape so she nodded her understanding, hoping he would release her. “Apologize,” he hissed out.
 
“I… I… Kagome… I'm… I'm sorry! Please, can you make him let go?”
 
Kagome turned from his chest and looked at the girl. “Sure I can. The question is will I. I have spent the last two years listening to your gossip, your lies. Why? Why do you find it so entertaining to spread rumors about me? Why would you say those things? What possessed you to tell everyone that I was pregnant? If anyone was to get pregnant at our school it would most definitely be you!”
 
“I… I don't know why I said it! I'm sorry! Please!” They were beginning to attract the attention of the other customers in the store, Momoko's hand still just inches from Sesshoumaru's face, her wrist held tight enough to prevent her escape but not enough to cause any real pain or damage. If he'd wanted to, or rather been allowed to, he could have shattered the bones in her wrist with absolutely no additional effort.
 
“If this Sesshoumaru ever hears that another bad word has been said against my Kagome you will not get off so easily.” He glanced down at Kagome, who nodded once. He opened his hand, releasing her wrist so quickly she lost her balance and fell on her ass looking up at them in shock and fear. “It would be wise for you to cease your intimate activities. You carry not only an illness but a child.” Her eyes widened and she was frozen for a moment before she scrambled to her feet and out the door. Everyone in the store went back to their own shopping now that the show was over and Kagome picked up where she left off as well.
 
By the time she was ready to go to the register she was holding an arm load. There was one pair of swim trunks, one tank top, and two pairs of pajamas, consisting of shorts and a short sleeved top, for each of the boys, including Shippo. She'd bought the clothes for the pups a little big because she knew they were going to be growing fast, especially considering the small age difference between Isamu and Yuudai and the others and their difference in size. The swim trunks and pajama shorts all had ties at the waist so they wouldn't be falling down all the time. Then there was a cute one piece bathing suit, a pair of board shorts, a nightgown, a pair of pink pajamas with shorts and a short sleeved top, three sundresses, socks and panties, two pairs of sandals, and one pair of sneakers for Rin. Kagome figured that the boys would prefer to be barefoot, but Rin's human feet could use some protection for the rocky ground they would be traveling. It had taken her a while to find a bathing suit for Rin that was conservative enough for Sesshoumaru to accept, which was why she had the board shorts to wear over her suit when not in the water. She is daddy's little girl after all.
 
She piled all of her selections on the counter by the register and they both watched as the cashier eyed her oddly. She had made an interesting variety of purchases, and most in large amounts, so Kagome wasn't surprised. Sesshoumaru watched closely as the woman moved something shining out a red line of light across the little tags of paper that were attached to all the items for some mysterious reason. Kagome, seeing his curiosity, launched into a silent explanation of price tags, UPC codes, and the basic idea of the scanner. He watched as numbers blinked on what Kagome had called a `screen' until the woman announced a total and began to fold and bag the items. Kagome pulled out her wallet, slipping out her credit card and ID. She swiped her card and signed her name on the little screen. The cashier didn't ask to see her ID so both went back into the wallet as the receipt printed up and was placed in one of the bags. Kagome gathered them up, Sesshoumaru then taking them from her hands, and they left the store, heading to her next destination.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
After the discussion of ideas and the making of plans it was decided that they needed more information before they could successfully put their plans into action. There were several more wolves with Kouga than just Ginta and Hakaku, two that Inuyasha knew Kagome was especially friendly with. They needed to find out just how many wolf demons there were as well as how many wolves they had with them. They needed to find out what they were doing to pass the time while they waited, establish how carefully they were watching their surroundings, and adjust their battle plan accordingly.
 
This decision led them to where they currently were, in the bushes that lined the clearing the wolves had chosen for their camp, their scents and auras masked, watching in absolute silence as the wolves went about their day. It was nearing time for lunch and several of the wolf demons had been sent to the nearby stream for fish. All that remained around their campfire were Kouga, Ginta, and Hakaku, along with four wolves that lay near their feet. The spies listened carefully, hoping to learn what the group was planning to do for the week until Kagome returned.
 
“Kouga, are we really going to wait a whole week for Kagome to come back?” Ginta asked while looking expectantly at Kouga.
 
“What do you mean `are we really'? Of course we are! We're going to stay here until my Kagome comes back. Then I will tell her of my decision to escort her on her travels. I can't wait `til the mutt sees just how excited she's gonna be to have me around all the time. I just wish I knew where she went! How can she just disappear for a week? It isn't like when dog-breath lost her. He knows where she is. He knows she's safe. But of course the bastard won't tell me! I deserve to know where she is! She's my woman! She's my mate-to-be! If anyone at all should know where she is it should be me!”
 
“But what if Sesshoumaru really is with her? Wouldn't he return with her?”
 
“So what? I don't know what Kagome is doing with that icicle but it doesn't matter. You know her heart is bigger than her common sense sometimes. She's probably managed to make friends with his little herd of runts like she did with his little girl. That's the only reason I can think of that Inuyasha wouldn't be throwing a fit. She's probably off doing something for the pups. I'll bet she `sat' Inuyasha until he couldn't stop her from leaving. Kami, do I love it when she `sits' him!” Kouga paused for a minute, gazing off into nowhere while remembering the many times his Kagome had subjugated the hanyou to protect him. Not that he needed her protection from the half-breed, but it was still sweet of her to worry for him and to want to keep him safe. It was one of the reasons he was so sure she cared about him. “Even if Sesshoumaru wants her, which I still doubt, being that he hates humans and she is most definitely human, a beautiful human but still human, he could never convince her. He could never get her to agree to be his mate. Kagome's looking for love. She would never be interested in someone so cold and vicious! She wants a man who's not afraid to show his emotions, not afraid to let everyone know who he loves. Kagome wants me! I'm not afraid of him! It's not like he's a threat to me. He just got lucky the last time. I won't be outnumbered this time. If he wants to fight me he's more than welcome!”
 
“But Kouga, would you really want to fight Lord Sesshoumaru? You know that he's…”
 
“He's nothing! Are you trying to say you don't think I could beat him?!”
 
“No! No… that's not what I'm saying, Kouga! It's just… if he really is interested in her… if he issues a challenge…”
 
“What? If he issues a challenge, what? He couldn't beat me in a challenge. If it was just me against him, with no outside interference, I know I can kick his frigid ass!”
 
The inu in the bushes, as well as the single kitsune and one little girl were finding it difficult not to jump out and teach the wolf the error of his ways, but they managed to control their urges and remain silent. They watched as the other wolves returned with their catch and the wolves, both demon and non-demon, dug in. It was disgusting. They ate like wild animals, not a single manner in the bunch. The pups nearly snorted their derision, seeing just the level of class the wolf prince and his followers really had. Kagome would never be able to eat in their presence, not if they ate like that in front of her. She'd lose her appetite in an instant.
 
They took this time to count just how many there were in Kouga's group. Besides Kouga, Ginta, and Hakaku, there were four other wolf demons, making a total of seven. There were also nine wolves, though their senses were no where near equal to those of their demon counterparts and would be much less of an issue. Armed with this knowledge, they retreated from their positions in the brush and returned to their camp; discussing what they should do first, as well as just how hungry all that information gathering had made them. Thankfully when they arrived lunch was almost ready. They ate in relative silence and then separated into smaller groups to pass the time until Kaede came for their afternoon miko lessons.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
The next store was close to the first, just a few doors down, and sold summer clothing. They carried a large variety of swimwear, which was just what Kagome was looking for. Sesshoumaru followed her around, carrying the bags and watching her flip through the items hanging from the racks. It didn't take her long to select trunks for Inuyasha and Miroku, but it did take her a while to find a one-piece that Sango would actually wear. Kagome smiled at the thought. Perhaps, now that she and Miroku had confessed their feelings for each other, her friend might not be so nervous about swimming in mixed company. She grabbed a pair of board short for Sango that matched her suit and a pair for herself that would go well with the bikini she'd bought when shopping with her mother. She even remembered to grab a pair of sandals for both Miroku and Sango. There was no point in buying any for Inuyasha and she didn't think Sesshoumaru would wear them in his time either.
 
Sesshoumaru had taken an interest in the variety of bikinis that lined the racks in the store, some that would give a fair amount of coverage, some that would cover merely the essentials, and then some that he couldn't see the point in at all. Kagome smirked behind his back as she watched him pick up an extraordinarily small string bikini, holding it up for careful inspection. “See something you like?” she whispered behind him, causing him to drop the item that he'd moments before been imagining Kagome in. She merely laughed before picking it up and hanging it back on the rack. She flipped through for a moment before pulling out the perfect example. She removed the bottoms from the hanger and held them up for him to examine. “This is a thong.”
 
He lifted a brow, wondering what, if anything, the tiny scrap actually covered. “I believe I may require a demonstration.”
 
“I'm sure you do, but I'm not trying it on. Anyone could have tried it on before me… even Momoko. The very idea makes me want to take a hot shower. Maybe… if you're a good boy…” she smiled as he frowned. “…I'll buy a nice little bra and panty set kinda like that and let you see.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru would do more than just see. I find the idea intriguing. Hmm… I believe I would prefer red, though the black was nice… and I am looking forward to removing the purple ones this evening.” He smirked at her blush, knowing full well that she was not solely embarrassed, but aroused by the idea as well. He breathed in the scent deeply, finding himself tempted to do more than smell as he removed any remaining trace of the stench of the whore they'd encountered. He successfully replaced it with Kagome's absolutely delicious scent, making his mind slightly foggy for a moment before he pushed it away.
 
“So sure?” she teased.
 
“I was promised… and I will not forget either.” He most certainly intended to hold her to her promise. Their shower didn't count. No, he would finish what he'd started in the well house that morning. He would make very good use of both of his hands and she would never forget it.
 
“Yeah, yeah… Now we need to find trunks for you. So, what color would you prefer for yourself? White? Red? Any suggestion at all would help, honest.”
 
He thought about it for a while. He wasn't sure about wearing these `trunks' but if Kagome planned on swimming with the children, the slayer, his brother, and the monk… and he didn't have a pair… He let out a sigh before giving in completely. He would not miss a chance to play in the water with her, and he expected that the children would wish for him to join them, especially if everyone else did. He began looking through the rack she'd stopped at, trying to find something that would not be incredibly embarrassing. She held up choices every now and then but they were all shot down. He couldn't get just solid red because she'd selected that for his brother. Finally he found the perfect pair. He held them up for her inspection and watched as her smile widened.
 
“They're perfect! And they're the right size!” she declared with excitement after taking a quick peek at the tag. “You are going to look delicious.”
 
“I thought I was already delicious,” he said with a very cute little pout.
 
“Even more delicious than usual,” she said as she leaned into his body, pressing a heated kiss to his lips. When she started to pull away his arms immediately wrapped around her back, holding her to him and deepening the kiss. When she needed to breathe he released her lips to kiss along her jaw line, feeling her nearly melt against him. “Sesshoumaru…” she said in a near whisper. “Not here… later, okay?” She was right of course but it didn't make letting her go any easier. When he'd finally forced his arms to release her he gave her one last barely brushing kiss to her temple. With her selections in her arms and Sesshoumaru holding their other bags and his choice of trunks they proceeded to the check-out. It was quick and they only needed one bag this time. Kagome insisted on carrying it and the two left the store, heading for Kagome's final destination before they returned to the shrine.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
He pulled his head back around the corner of the building just in time. He'd been watching them since they left the shrine and found his self more and more confused by their behavior. When they'd gone into the children's clothing store he had searched his brain for any reason for his Kagome to go there but failed to find an answer. It was then he decided that she must be assisting this oaf in shopping for his family members, or perhaps other, younger residents of the establishment he was housed in if his family had abandoned him once they'd discovered his mental deficiency. It was so sweet of his Kagome to help this Neanderthal with his purchases. She was always the kind to sacrifice her precious time for the sake of another, even risking her health as he was certain she should be resting instead of escorting this ignoramus. His eyes narrowed as he watched Momoko enter the store from his corner of the front window of the store.
 
That girl had no right to approach his Kagome and speak in her presence. The cheap, loose, and immoral gossip had tarnished his beloved Kagome's honor nearly beyond repair. He was loathe to admit it but he had even believed her tales for a short time. When it was made clear that Momoko's words were nothing but lies he found himself feeling incredibly guilty. He had questioned the purity of his Kagome. He'd believed the words of another rather than having faith in the fact that his Kagome would never have given her body willingly to another when she was saving herself for him and him alone. She was saving her self for their wedding night, the wait for which would make the experience all the more enjoyable.
 
He couldn't hear the words that were said but he saw as Kagome turned away, obviously upset by the foul things that spouted constantly from the herpes riddled mouth of the school slut. When she found comfort with her odd companion he was filled momentarily with rage. How dare that… that… nincompoop touch her, hold her to his body? He had no right to comfort the sweet angel Kagome and it bothered him that Kagome would allow such physical contact between them. Did she not realize the conflicting messages she was sending to this goliath?
 
Apparently the pea brained mammoth shared his distaste for the intruding bitch, because as the colossus spoke he could see the anger take light in Momoko's eyes. He watched from the window as she raised her hand to him, eyes widening as her wrist was suddenly trapped within the grasp of a very large hand. He hadn't even seen him move! As the large male continued to speak the trollop appeared less angry and more afraid. He watched his Kagome turn and speak angrily to the cause of the rumors that had spread through their school. The girl dressed as a streetwalker spoke hurriedly, a pleading look on her face and he nearly laughed aloud as he watched as her wrist was released and she fell on her ass, on the ground where one such as her belonged. She didn't deserve the luxury of the carpet she had been gifted to land on. No, Momoko deserved to be on the ground surrounded by filth of a similar nature as her self. Perhaps a nice pit of mud would be acceptable. He found himself considering just how he could go about shoving the offensive girl into a nice deep mud puddle, in front of their entire class if at all possible. Certainly his Kagome would appreciate his avenging of her honor.
 
So deep in his thoughts was he that he nearly missed it when they'd exited the first shop and entered she second. He'd followed at a fair distance to prevent them from detecting his presence, waiting until they'd begun looking amongst the goods this vendor offered before peeking through the front window as he had at the last store. He watched as his beloved Kagome selected several items, none of which seemed to be for her as they would most definitely not have complemented her perfect figure or coloring. He glanced around, trying to locate her oversized companion. He spotted him poking his way through a rack of the most revealing swimsuits Hojo had ever seen. He'd nearly laughed then. So starved for female attention was the mountain of a man that he'd been reduced to caressing revealing garments in public places.
 
Once again he was dazed when Kagome went to his side, pulling out an example that may as well have been constructed out of dental floss, holding it up for her mongoloid companion to examine while she spoke. If he hadn't known better he would have thought that Kagome was flirting with the fool. When she leaned in and kissed him, Hojo's heart had nearly stopped. His eyes refused to look away as arms wrapped around her back and their shared kiss became increasingly passionate. He was relieved when she appeared to come to her senses, letting her body go limp in an attempt to slide from his hold. Though the lunk head had held tightly to her, after she'd spoken a few words he allowed her escape, Kagome immediately rushed to the checkout in an obvious attempt to end this torturous experience as soon as possible.
 
And now he crouched behind a dumpster as they passed the small alley he'd hidden himself in. Once they were a few yards ahead of him again he left the alley to continue his task. He had to watch over his Kagome after all. She was just too kindhearted and he was sure she had no idea how much danger she could be in if this dunce decided he wanted more than friendly attention from his beautiful female companion. It was something Hojo felt was bound to happen, especially if one took into account the forced embrace that occurred just moments ago. He would be there, though. He would be her knight in shining armor, protecting her from the ogre that would threaten her very well-being. He would save her and she would be forever grateful. Oh the wonderful things she would do for him, and to him, as a show her appreciation.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagome glanced behind them as they walked down the sidewalk, the third time she'd done so in as many minutes.
 
“Kagome? Is there a problem?”
 
She looked up into concerned golden eyes. “I don't know. I just have the weirdest feeling, like someone is watching me. I've had it all morning since we left the shrine but it's gotten stronger. Every time I turn around I can't find anyone looking. It's driving me crazy!”
 
Sesshoumaru extended his senses since his nose wasn't much use considering the level of pollution in the air. He felt humans… nothing but humans. But there was one aura that was strangely familiar. His steps slowed as he tried to place the feeling. It had to be someone he'd met in this era but he couldn't remember who the aura belonged to. For him not to remember the identity of the person, he had to have considered them utterly insignificant. “Kagome… what humans have I met since we arrived?”
 
She looked at him in confusion but began to list them off. “Well, there's Mama, Souta, and Grandpa. Then there was Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi. And then Momoko at the first store. That's everyone I think… Wait! I forgot about Hojo!” She saw him stiffen, his entire body going tense at her words. “What… What is it, Sesshoumaru?”
 
“Is there a store you can go into and wait for me? One where there will be other people?”
 
Kagome glanced around, still absolutely confused and now slightly afraid. She spotted an acceptable place to wait and nodded. “Sure. I can go in there and get a coffee. They have tables so I could sit and wait. But why? Where are you going?”
 
He noted which store she'd pointed out before handing her the bags. “Go. Now. I will return in a few minutes. Do not worry. This Sesshoumaru will keep his promises to you. There is someone who will be answering a few questions is all. Everything will be fine. Now, go,” he ordered, standing and watching as she reluctantly entered the shop before he vanished completely, moving faster than the human eye could follow. He was disturbed by this human's behavior. What reason would this boy have to trail them as they shopped? Knowing that the boy held affections for Kagome just added to his concern. This could not be allowed to continue and he would put a stop to it right now.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Author's Notes:
 
Momoko - peach child
 
I'm still on a roll. Thru 65 is done.
 
Reviewer Responses:
 
Syoze - too cool that I was reading a review here on Monday night and you were writing it there Tuesday morning. Glad you got internet connection. I don't think I could go too long without it now.
 
N8tivegurl - Never played Resident Evil, course I don't play too much to begin with. We've got a PS2 too but for the life of me I can't remember what games I play on it. Kouga's gonna be a lot of fun.
 
Imanewme - Kagome's getting more and more comfortable with the whole thing so Sesshoumaru won't be missing out too much longer. So many things you're waiting for and I only covered on this chapter.
 
Teetopscout - with so many kids its kinda difficult to make sure everyone gets attention. But shippo's gonna be a big part of the pranks since he can use his fox magic to do so many things. Glad you liked the shower scene, sorry it came when you were going to work.
 
Blueyedtigress - Entertaining once again. I love accents. I like Lily Allen (British singer) mostly because she sounds so cute with her accent.
 
Monk-miko - a whole chapter devoted to shopping, so not my thing but oh well, it was fun, and there will be more too.
 
Arry - I'll let you know when it gets here. Glad you liked the shower scene. Gonna be another lime at the end of the `day' (story time of course) and I'll bet you'll like it. Oh, and one in 65 too, though its not a Sesshy one.
 
Maddie50 - Sesshy will receive his fair share, no worries there.
 
Snowbirdyoukai - and yet the lemon is still so far away. Oh, wifebeaters are those white tank top under shirts. I think it's called that because you always see hillbilly drunk husbands wearing them. I suppose undershirt would work too, but I'm at least 50% hillbilly myself so it just came out that way.
 
Mysesshou - Sorry to hear about your moms accident. My mom seems alright now, though still pouting. It's always her that breaks things or wrecks things. Always. She's got this little black cloud floating over her head.
 
FF.net -
 
Chibi strawberry neko - Cuz they've only been working on their relationship for like 2 weeks and there's just so many different kinds of limes I can do. I'm not gonna rush it. Limes will have to suffice for now, though there is kind of a lemon in 65, but not sesshy.
 
Nene09 - Thought is definitely all that counts. Well, that and Destiny's face lighting up when I hand her another card. Glad your enjoying! Took me forever to pick out that outfit and I still needed extensive help from my Jenna.
 
Dreamer1010 - Glad you're enjoying it. I'll keep updating as often as I can. I wouldn't be surprised if I posted on Christmas, though then I would leave off the reviewer responses. Maybe I should have a special Christmas posting. Hmmm. Now I have to plan something
 
Sesshysmiko - My husband feels the same way about me writing, which is why I don't get much writing done on the weekends unless he's asleep.
 
Fluffyandkagome - I bet you're pretty blue right about now, or really dead. Lets hope for the first one. Take in a nice big breath!
 
Roguemariel - Yesterday? And you're already caught up? Do you sleep?
 
Akemi Shikon - if it was only so easy. I'd still have to build my own world around my `original' characters (read Inuyasha only not). Maybe if I ever find the end of this one I'll start something original, but I've got so many fanfic ideas too!
 
Alucards-master - School comes first little grasshopper. Study hard and do well or I'll have to stop updating til I get proof of good grades. Hell, that'd be funny. School work first, then hentai story!
 
 
That wasn't so bad! Didn't even take that long this time, but then I did get nearly half the reviews this chapter than the one before it. Always wonder what makes some have more than others. Lemme see, oh ok. The next chapter, 63, is called to Eat or not to Eat, That is the Question. 64's called Lousy Timing, and 65 doesn't have a name yet but there's a lemon in it, though its not what you're hoping for.