InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ A Question Asked, A Chance Taken ( Chapter 65 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 65 - A Question Asked, A Chance Taken
 
 
Sesshoumaru sat across the table from both Kagome's mother and grandfather, mentally cursing Inuyasha for his earlier interruption. He'd be so close to finally getting it out and now he was back to square one. He drew up as much courage and self confidence as he could find inside him before starting. “First, I would like to apologize for leaving as I did earlier. Inuyasha and I had agreed that he would come here if there was an emergency, if they were attacked or if an urgent message was received from the palace. When I sensed him coming through the well I was concerned and wished to know what was wrong. It was incredibly rude of me to leave without an explanation.”
 
Hiromi smiled at him. “That's perfectly alright dear. We understand your concern for the safety of your children.”
 
“I thank you for your understanding. I do not know much about human traditions, especially how they have changed in the five hundred years between my time and your own. I do, however, know demon traditions. There are steps I must follow and it is very important to me to do so properly. I am in love with Kagome, and I would like to make her my mate. This Sesshoumaru humbly asks for your permission to court the Kagome Higurashi, the Shikon Miko.”
 
The room was silent, the only sounds that could be heard were the soft breaths and heartbeats of the two humans and one demon present. Hiromi looked at her father, and he looked back at her. Both of their faces were completely devoid of emotion, impressively so. There was absolutely no way for him to tell what they were thinking or feeling, let alone how they would answer. Immediately his mind was flooded with worries. What if Souta had been wrong? What if they did not approve of their human daughter/granddaughter mating a demon? What would happen if they said no?
 
Sesshoumaru immediately found it difficult to breath as he sat perfectly still in the oppressive silence, his body tense, his mind whirling, and his beast whimpering in fear. It wasn't supposed to go like this! She was supposed to smile and say `of course we approve' and perhaps even hug him, which he had already decided he would allow. She would be family, pack, once they were mated. But it wasn't happening that way at all. The two who held his fate in their hands looked from each other to him and back, still no hint of their decision in their eyes. If felt like minutes and then hours had passed in the silence until finally Hiromi took a breath in and opened her mouth to speak.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagura had finally managed to sneak away from the slowly crumbling castle. It had taken forever because the stupid witch had sent her on several more ingredient runs during which Kagura couldn't risk the time of a detour because Naraku had insisted that the bogus shards be finished before sunset. After what seemed like days, but was really merely hours, she'd managed to slip away unnoticed, the witch having declared that she had no further use for her. The wind demoness still had no idea how she was going to warn them without ending up being killed or without Naraku finding out about her betrayal, but that didn't matter. She refused to allow Naraku's nefarious plan to succeed. She found him absolutely repugnant, to desire to control a woman in such a way, to use her to fulfill his own depraved desires. She couldn't let that happen. No one, except the evil hanyou himself, deserved such a thing to happen to them.
 
She still had several hours of daylight, for which she thanked every Kami she could remember. It might take her a while to find the panthers. It had taken forever the last time and she knew she'd only succeeded because they allowed themselves to be found. She decided to start her search in the same area as she'd spoken with them the day before and if she couldn't find them near there then she would look around their scheduled meeting place. As she flew, scouring the ground below with her eyes, she ran possibilities though her head. If she just came out and told them what Naraku was planning would they blame her? Would they decide not to show for the meeting? Would they get angry and decide to teach Naraku a lesson? She figured she needed to start with an explanation as to why she served the dark hanyou at all. That way she at least had some chance of them listening to her. She hoped that they would be grateful for her warning and that maybe they could form some kind of plan together to take her master out permanently. The knowledge of what he was planning to do to the youngest of them should serve as more than enough of an incentive.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
While Inuyasha was gone Kaede had simply reviewed yesterday's lesson, having them practice their meditation once again. Every lesson would begin as such, as the mind had to be focused and the energy ready before any other thing could be learned. They'd seemed a little more fidgety than they had been the day before, so it took longer for each of them to find their well of power and bring it to the surface to use. Miroku watched with interest as one by one their hands began to glow as they reached their goal. Jaken was still rather dazed, still mumbling to himself about beautiful, tasty flies, how if they would just stay still he would be happy to eat them. Sango was polishing her weapon, not because it needed to be done as she'd just done it days ago and they'd been in no battle. She polished it nearly compulsively as she focused on her thoughts.
 
Things had changed between her and Miroku when they'd finally confessed their feelings, but now neither one knew how to proceed. They were from friends with secret feelings to a couple in love with no real transition. Sango wasn't sure how to act. She'd never been very good at being feminine to begin with and now she was absolutely lost. If Kagome was there then she'd at least have someone to talk to about it, someone who might have some advice, especially since Kagome and Sesshoumaru's relationship was developing so smoothly. The demon slayer found herself terrified to screw up, afraid she would say the wrong thing or that some action might ruin everything she'd suddenly received. She had a man who loved her, admitted he loved her, and she was petrified to go back to the way things were or worse. If things went sour between them romantically then their friendship would be irreparable. It would hurt the entire group. Feeling so much weight on her shoulders, Sango was basically frozen in place, afraid to move or speak for fear of it being the wrong thing.
 
Miroku wasn't doing much better but had decided that dwelling on it would do no good. They would figure it all out, he hoped. He was just as afraid of doing or saying the wrong thing as Sango, but he was used to living with the overwhelming fear of his own death, compensating by being playful, by making jokes and being silly. It was his own mask, just as Sesshoumaru projected one image to the world; Miroku did the same, always tucking his fears and worries away. That was why he didn't seem visibly bothered anywhere near the extent Sango did. He was though. He was just as worried, just as confused, and just as terrified. The whole thing was much harder than he'd ever expected and he had no idea how to handle it.
 
And who could he ask for help? Inuyasha? The hanyou was his best friend, like a brother even, but he had absolutely no idea how to deal with his feelings. He'd never had anything close to a normal, healthy relationship. And Sesshoumaru was gone. Miroku wasn't sure if the demon lord would have been able to help anyway, but at least he was having success in his relationship with Kagome. This seemed to be going well between the two and that was exactly what Miroku wished to have with Sango, for them to be comfortable with each other, to share things, their thoughts and fears and hopes and dreams, and to be a team. Kagome and Sesshoumaru made an excellent team. They were so very different, but their differences complimented each other perfectly. The monk only hoped for something so wonderful for his sweet Sango and himself. He just wanted them both to be happy.
 
Kirara had asked Sango what was wrong but the slayer just couldn't find a way to explain it. She felt silly for feeling so afraid. Really, he was the same Miroku he was the week before, so why was this so hard? They were friends, partners, in everything, in life and in battle, but now it seemed altogether far too complicated. After several attempts to sooth her friend's fears Kirara gave up and retreated to lay beside Kazue where she slept between the two sleeping heads of Ah Un.
 
When Inuyasha returned and tossed his bag of supplies to the side before plopping down next to the children both Miroku and Sango were suspicious. Whatever he was up to, they both decided, he'd better spill the truth soon or they might just have to force it out of him. They both could use a distraction anyway, and torturing Inuyasha until he talks would be a good one.
 
Miko lessons continued, with the addition of one hanyou, and they worked on their barriers for a while longer, Kaede explaining the different types, attributes, and uses. Then she attempted to teach them to charge an item with their power, each student selecting a random item. Akihiro could do it immediately, but that was only because he'd been practicing earlier to use it against the wolves. Rin's success immediately followed. The others had more difficulty though and eventually it was decided that they would resume their attempts the next afternoon. Kazue was awoken and carried the elder miko safely back to her hut.
 
As soon as she was gone the hanyou found him self pounced upon by children demanding to know how Kagome was as well as if he had gotten the desired items. His eyes immediately flew to his friends who were looking at him expectantly. He told the children that Kagome was fine and sent her love and that they would discuss everything else later. Once he was released by the last pair of little hands Inuyasha made his way over to sit between Miroku and Sango. It was time to come clean and hope they would want to help rather than try to stop them. After the things Hiromi had told him and given him he refused to give in. The wolf would wish he'd never laid eyes on Kagome once they were finished with him. It was guaranteed to be a lot of fun and it would only be made better with the assistance of his friends. Miroku was the king of underhanded, knew all kinds of sneaky things, and Sango, with her extensive knowledge of demons and demon slaying, there was certain to be interesting things they could use to their advantage.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
She'd made up her mind. Kagome would pay for embarrassing her like that. Momoko had been wracking her brain in an attempt to come up with just the perfect thing. She had to find just the right thing. Sure, she'd apologized and said she wouldn't do it again but that didn't matter. It wasn't like they could do anything to her. No, Kagome would most definitely regret making her fall in public. Her ass still hurt! She was sure there was a secret Kagome was keeping but she had no idea what it was. She wasn't stupid. She never really thought that Kagome was pregnant. She'd just gotten tired of listening to everyone talking about how worried they were for her health, how much they missed her in class, how sweet she was. They just wouldn't shut up about the little bitch and it wasn't fair.
 
When she'd been home sick for a whole month with mono no one had visited. No one called. No one brought her assignments or took notes for her. No one brought her gifts to help her get well. It was like she'd disappeared and not a single person noticed and it just wasn't fair! Why did everyone like Kagome so much more than her? She was much prettier than the sickly little thing. Boys loved her. They were always asking her out, taking her to the movies or to dinner. She didn't see anyone lining up to date Kagome. Just that loser Hojo. Momoko had thought Hojo was cute once, and sweet and kind too, but the twit was more interested in worshipping Kagome, of showering her with gifts, always concerned, always asking her out. He'd never given up. He still trailed along after her like a lovesick puppy. Anyone else would have learned by now that Kagome wasn't interested in him. Obviously, since she had a boyfriend.
 
And how the hell did Kagome get a guy like that anyway? He was absolutely perfect; tall, muscular, long beautiful hair that she was certain had to feel like silk, exotic coloring, he had everything. Momoko was sure that he had to have a great package too, if the size of the rest of him was any indicator and it usually was. She'd seen enough to see the correlation. Sure, it wasn't accurate 100% of the time by more than likely big tall muscular men were gifted by the Kamis in more ways than one. What she wouldn't give to get that awesome specimen of maleness in her bed. Oh, and that would just break little Kagome's heart too, a two for one! Even more determined now, Momoko set about trying to find a way to tarnish Kagome's perfect little reputation permanently while stealing her boyfriend at the same time. Maybe she could get him to believe Kagome cheated on him. Then she would be waiting with open arms to kiss it all away. But she'd need an accomplice. She needed a boy to confirm her story, to add credibility since she'd lost most of hers with her last Kagome rumor. But who would be willing to help her? She smirked darkly. Almost any boy would be willing to help her for the right price and she didn't mind paying. She'd slept with most of them already anyway. Now to pick on that had been at least halfway decent in bed. Why should she suffer a bad lay when she could get a good one?
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
They watched as the oversized white feather flew over their heads once more, still not finding them of course. They couldn't be found unless they allowed it. When in the shadows they were the shadows, completely invisible to even the best trained eyes. They'd been discussing whether to speak with her again or not. Was Naraku planning on breaking their meeting? They refused to allow such a treacherous creature to choose the place and time. That would only ensure they were walking into a trap. No, he would walk into theirs. They would not be bested by a disgusting hanyou. Naraku was worse than a hanyou really, having once been a human that sold his body and soul to demons for his own gain. His kind was looked down upon as lower than those born hanyous, more than even humans. He was nothing but a mass of weak, pathetic, useless demons that held no real power on their own, which needed to merge within a host to amount to anything at all.
 
“Mother, can you feel the anxiety she is releasing?” Shinya asked. Every time the wind demoness passed overhead she seemed more anxious, more desperate and worried. “Perhaps we should see what she has to say.”
 
“Yes, my dear, I can sense it. I can detect no ill will from her. We will allow her to speak. Come,” Kuroyuri said, he voice full of authority. The five demons appeared to materialize out of the depths of the shadows, purposely projecting their youki so she would locate them quickly. They weren't a patient bunch, especially when it came to trusting others. It took only two minutes before Kagura's feather had whipped around, heading to where she could now easily sense them. They'd allowed it once again. Now she just had to hope they would listen. She landed a few yards away from where they stood in a v formation, their mother Kuroyuri in front, her two sons a bit behind her and to the sides, and her two daughters behind their brothers and to the side. “What is your reason for seeking us out once again?”
 
“I know you don't trust me. I wouldn't trust me either, but I have come to warn you. I could not sit back and allow his plan to succeed. I do not serve Naraku by choice. He has my heart, my physical heart, in his possession and could crush it at any time if I do not obey. But I am risking my own death for my betrayal to warn you. He will offer you all shards at the meeting tonight. Do not put them in your bodies. Especially the youngest female.”
 
“Why should we not use the shards he gives?” Yuugure demanded to know.
 
“All the shards are false but one and contain a poison Naraku has the power to release when he chooses. He plans to exterminate you once you have served your purpose. The one true shard has been tainted by a witch to give him absolute power over your body, your mind, your will. He intends to make your youngest nothing but a toy to use for his own dark pleasures.” She fought not to shiver in reaction to the vicious snarls that erupted from all but Shinya who was too frightened of the very thought to do anything.
 
“Why would you betray your master and risk your life to warn us?” Higure asked suspiciously
 
Kagura looked directly into the eyes of the demoness she was risking everything for. “I could not allow you to walk into such a nightmare. I have been forced to meet his needs in the past. He is vicious, violent. He finds enjoyment only by inflicting pain on others. I have suffered it and I could not bring another to suffer it as well, especially not under his total control. He intends to force you to respond as he wishes, to fulfill his every twisted fantasy.”
 
Kuroyuri had to force the image of her baby being tortured in such a terrible fashion from her mind before she spoke. “And what do you want in exchange for this warning?”
 
“I wish only for you to see him as an enemy. He has many such enemies and if they were all to join together in a surprise attack he could finally be brought to his end, even with the power he gained with shards of the Shikon Jewel.”
 
“And upon his death you shall be free?” Kagura nodded.
 
“He created me. I have never known freedom. I have always be nothing more than a slave. My only escape is death, and even that he has the power to deny me for I cannot be killed while my heart remains separate from my body, except by him.”
 
The eldest, their leader and mother, nodded her understanding. “But if we fail to show for our arranged meeting he will suspect you, will he not?” Kagura nodded. “We will meet with him and accept his shards; however we will not use them. We will learn what he wishes us to do for him and agree to do so. Once we are better informed we will be able to plan further, to make Naraku pay for his sick intentions. We will not give him reason to suspect you. From the inside you will make a powerful ally and we will determine a way to use your knowledge to our advantage.”
 
Kagura let out a relieved sigh. “Thank you. Thank you for listening to me. I will do any and everything I can do to assist you. Keep watch for the saimyosho, his bees. They are his spies and will report back to him anything they discover if not killed. I must return before he realizes I am gone.” Kuroyuri nodded and Kagura took to the air once more, returning to her dark home, her prison.
 
“Mother, are you certain we can trust her?”
 
“I cannot find any way that she stands to gain besides the defeat of the hanyou and her freedom. I cannot determine any possible reason the Naraku himself would send her to tell us such things. And there was not a hint of deception as she spoke. Shinya, do you agree?”
 
“Yes, mother,” she said softly. “There was not the slightest indication of a lie. And if what she says is true, then I owe her my safety and freedom. In return for her gift I wish to give her what she kept from being taken from me, her own safety and freedom. I will find a way to free her. I will restore her heart to her so that she may experience what she never before has.”
 
“And we will help you,” Kurai said in a soothing tone, knowing just how shaken her baby sister was by what could have transpired. “We will help you free her and we will remove his evil from this world.”
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
When Kagome made it back upstairs her friends were still talking animatedly about the party they'd mentioned to Sesshoumaru before he'd somehow escaped them. When the door opened three sets of eyes locked on it, waiting to see who would enter. They expected Kagome of course but some more time with Kagome's gorgeous hunk of man would have been much appreciated. “What?” Kagome asked as she saw them all just staring at her.
 
“Took you long enough to take a basket downstairs,” Eri said suspiciously.
 
“There was something else I had to take care of. Sorry to keep you guys waiting.”
 
“No biggie. We got a chance to talk to your Sesshoumaru,” Yuka said with a smirk. “At least until he disappeared on us.”
 
“Yeah,” Kagome said with a smile. “I heard about it. He mentioned a party and asked me if I wanted to go. Details?”
 
“Oh, Kagome, you absolutely just have to come and bring your Kami of a boyfriend with you! It's gonna be the party of the year, celebrating the end of exams and the school year. Everyone's gonna be there!”
 
“And you've missed so many parties these last few years. Since you seem to be feeling better you should go!”
 
Kagome smiled at the thought of acting like a real teenager for one night. It widened as she thought of the looks on all the other girls' faces when she walked in with Sesshoumaru. It definitely sounded like fun. “It's Friday night?” They all nodded excitedly. “Well, I'd like to go but I don't think I have anything to wear.”
 
“We're all going shopping tomorrow to pick out outfits for the party. You should come too! We haven't done anything together in like forever!” Ayumi nearly begged. She missed her friend and she couldn't think of the last time Kagome went to the mall with them. It used to be so much fun, window shopping, trying on silly outfits, flirting with the boys, eating at the food court, so many things Kagome had been missing for too long.
 
“I don't know guys. I already dragged Sesshoumaru shopping today.”
 
“Yeah but not to the mall! Oh come on! Even guys like the mall!”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes at the level of maturity of her friends, a level she'd left behind shortly after being dragged to the feudal era. It was rather difficult to be a boy crazy, shopping obsessed, giggling and gossiping girl while living most of your life five hundred years in the past. She'd tried for the first few weeks but shopping at roadside stands just wasn't the same. Nearly being killed over and over again on a daily basis kinda cut down on the giggling. She and Sango still enjoyed a good gossip every now and then, but whispering about a hentai monk and gruff hanyou wasn't quite the same either. And boy crazy was nearly impossible when most of the males you meet are either demons trying to kill you for jewel shards or humans looking at you like you're a demon in disguise. Her choices were rather limited and she was actually very thankful that she no longer had to worry about such things. Her Sesshoumaru, which sounded so nice in her head, was more than she'd ever dreamt of so there was no chance of her swooning at the sight of a hottie by the fountain in the mall.
 
“I don't know if Sesshoumaru would like the mall. But the party does sound tempting. It would be nice to have some fun for once.” She looked contemplative while her friends whined `please' and `come on, you know you wanna' at her before breaking into a grin. “Why the hell not! Alright, we'll go to the mall with you guys and pick out something to wear to this party.” There was a small chorus of cheers, causing Kagome to wince again at the pitch. `Kami, I hope the music isn't too loud at the party or we won't be able to stay without going deaf,' she thought to herself.
 
“Speaking of clothes, Kagome, what's with the boa?” Eri asked in genuine curiosity.
 
“Oh this? Um… well… oh! The doctors recommended that if I feel even the slightest bit cold I should bundle up. It's supposed to keep me from getting sicker. Sesshoumaru gave me this and it does a great job of keeping me warm,” she lied through her pretty white teeth.
 
“Wouldn't a blanket work just as well?” Yuka asked with a confused tilt to her head.
 
“Have you ever felt a blanket this soft?” she asked while holding out an arm with mokomoko wrapped around it to the wrist and allowing them each to pet it once.
 
“Oh wow! It's amazing!”
 
“I know. Nothing else like it. It's a family heirloom, so I have to be careful with it.”
 
“That's so sweet! He gave you a family heirloom? I guess he's really serious about marrying you!”
 
“More serious than you know,” Kagome mumbled under her breath, feeling mokomoko tighten minutely as if Sesshoumaru was there giving her a hug. “Alright, so that's decided. When are we going?”
 
“We were gonna go in the morning if that's alright with you guys. Then we can study afterwards so its fresh in our minds for the tests Monday,” Ayumi answered.
 
“Sounds good to me. Now we should study some more before we stop for the day. We've had enough distractions and breaks to last us all week.”
 
“Yeah, but you have to admit we've been having fun. We really miss you, Kagome.”
 
“I know guys. I'm sorry I don't get to do all this stuff with you all the time.”
 
“You don't need to apologize. It's not your fault you're sick.”
 
`If only you knew the truth,' Kagome though to herself.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kouga was lying on his back in the soft green grass, just watching the clouds float by. It's not like there was anything better to do. He had a week to kill and he refused to give the mutt what he wanted by leaving. He was staying right here until his sweet Kagome came back to him. He closed his eyes and sighed as he pictured her, her raven black hair blowing in the breeze, her bright blue eyes shining just for him, her smile, her laughter, her perfect body, curvy in all the right places, long legs that he wish she would wrap around his waist. It wasn't long before he found himself picturing her in a less than wholesome manner, her beautiful pale skin glistening, her body half submerged in the pool at the bottom of the waterfall near his den. He had no idea just how many times he'd dreamt of finding her there waiting for him, naked as the day she was born and more beautiful than a goddess, but if he had to guess he'd say hundreds of times, maybe even thousands.
 
At first he'd see her back and her soft ass that he just wanted to take a bite of, as she stood under the flowing water. Then she'd sense his presence, turning to look at him with a smile that was just for him and beckoning for him to join her. He never knew just where his clothes went, just that he was immediately as naked as she was and wading out to meet her. His hands would settle on her hips and she would look up into his eyes. He could see a hunger there and he knew just what she wanted. He'd lift her easily from the water and set her gently on a flat rock, leaning in to tease a pink dusky peak, already erect from anticipation, with his tongue. He would shower her body with kisses, tasting her delicious skin, making her shiver as he dragged his fangs across her flesh. When he couldn't wait any longer he'd lay her back, pulling her legs over his shoulders, before leaning in to taste the most tempting part of her. She was always so wet for him and she tasted like heaven. He knew just what to do, just where to touch, to push her right to the edge before pulling her back again over and over until she begged him, pleaded with him to make her cum. The sound of her desperate little cries of `please Kouga' were almost enough to make him cum with her. The sound of his name on her lips, cried out in passion, was something he'd never tire of hearing.
 
He'd bring her to climax over and over, drinking her in, before crawling up over her body and kissing her passionately. Her arms would wrap around his neck and her legs around his waist, pulling him closer. She'd whimper in need as he teased her with just the tip of the erection he was dying to bury in her hot, tight, willing body. He'd make her beg again, just because he loved how it sounded, before giving in and sliding into her heat and making them both moan at the feeling. Sometimes he took it slow and gentle. Sometimes she begged for it harder and faster and he was all too happy to oblige her. This time he was pounding into her as she cried out his name to the Kamis above over and over in ecstasy. He was so close, feeling her tighten around him with each orgasm, pulling at him, trying to hold on to him as he thrust in and out faster, using his demon speed to bring them both to the brink. He was almost there; ready to pour his seed into her awaiting womb, to bless her with his pups. Just one more thrust and he'd…
 
“Hey Kouga!” Ginta cried out from a few yards away. Kouga shot up from where he lay, looking around in surprise. “You okay, man? You were making the weirdest sounds.” Ginta looked at his alpha with worry while Hakaku sniffed the air before breaking out into laughter. “What are you laughing at? Did I miss the joke?” Ginta asked, desperate to get in on the fun.
 
“Hakaku, don't you fuckin' dare!” Kouga snarled from where he still sat on the ground, unable to stand at the moment without letting Ginta in on just what Hakaku found quite so entertaining. He growled threateningly as Hakaku leaned over and whispered in the other wolf demon's ear before both broke out in even louder laugher which of course attracted the attention of the rest of the group. Kouga's face was a brilliant red, both from anger and embarrassment, as well as not a little frustration. He'd been so close! Why? Why was it every time he fantasized about his beautiful miko Kagome someone or something interrupted just when it was really getting good?
 
Deciding he couldn't take it anymore, Kouga leapt to his feet, immediately forming his whirlwind, using the power of the shards in his legs to carry him away from his laughing comrades before he was forced to kill them all. He stopped by a fair sized pool formed by the cool stream passing through the area, stripping out of his furs and plopping himself in the icy water. Even he might have been entertained if he knew that a week or so earlier the ice prince himself, the Great Lord Sesshoumaru, found himself in a similar situation and took solace in the very same pool that the wolf prince sat in. They both were hoping the near freezing water would soothe their painful erection, caused by the same girl even, and both found themselves disappointed when the glacial flow didn't do a damn thing to help.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Myouga'd finally made it, and with minimal burns on his little feet too. Of course, when he got there he found the person he was looking for missing. The flea knew that it would be a while before the one he sought returned since he'd obviously taken Momo with him. It was a shame really. That three-eyed demon cow had delicious blood. Oh well, since he didn't know where the old sword smith had gone he couldn't very well go find him so the little old flea settled himself in for the wait. He'd be back soon enough, and besides, he was tired from his travels. Snuggling down into the bed of furs the old demon used as a bed Myouga drifted off to sleep, dreaming of the good old days when a flea was more appreciated and much less often flattened. Those were the days.
 
He'd only been asleep for an hour when he suddenly found himself very awake and very flat, bringing him out of his wishful dreams rather quickly. He squirmed his way out from under whatever had squished him, ready to give them a generous piece of his mind, until he saw who it was. Sticking his thumb in his mouth and blowing hard until he popped back into shape he called out to his old friend. “Totosai! There you are! I was looking for you!”
 
The old sword smith furrowed his brow. “Didn't look like you were looking to me. Looked like you were hiding in my bed! How many times do I have to tell you I don't want fleas in my bed?”
 
“Oh, come now old friend, I was merely resting while awaiting your return. It was a long, tiring trip to get her you know.”
 
“Was it now? What did Inuyasha do now? He didn't break the Tetsusaiga again did he?” he asked, his large eyes bugging wider at the thought of his great work in the brash hanyou's careless hands.
 
“What? No! No, nothing like that! I've actually come to bring you a message, one that I've been waiting a great long time to deliver. It is regarding Lord Sesshoumaru.”
 
“Oh, no! I already told Sesshoumaru I won't make him another sword! He should be satisfied with the one he has!”
 
“No, Totosai! If you would just wait a moment I would be more than happy to tell you just who the message is from as well as what it is.”
 
The old demon puffed out his cheeks before letting out a sigh. “Fine. Go on then!”
 
“I come to bring you a message from Lady Misaki.” Myouga watched as the giant round eyes appeared to double in size in his surprise.
 
“What? But she's been dead for years! Such a tragedy. Such a beautiful demoness. So kind as well. If only she'd lived then perhaps Sesshoumaru wouldn't act like such an ungrateful pup!”
 
“While I agree with you there that is not the issue. Lady Misaki asked me to pass along this message after certain things came to pass. It has finally happened. Lord Sesshoumaru has fallen in love, just as Lady Misaki said he would, just like in her dream.”
 
“There's no way! That icicle? Fall in love with who? Wasn't it supposed to be a human priestess or something?”
 
Myouga nodded his tiny head. “Yes indeed. Our Lord Sesshoumaru has fallen in love with the human priestess spoken of in the great prophecy. And the priestess is someone we both know.”
 
“The only priestess's I know are Lady Kaede and Lady Kagome. Kaede's too old, at least I hope so. He wouldn't fall in love with her. And Lady Kagome is with Inuyasha. You know how those two are. Inuyasha would rather die than allow Sesshoumaru within fifty yards of that sweet girl.”
 
“Perhaps he would have, but a certain priestess found a way to mend the rift between the brothers. They have officially joined packs.”
 
“But that means… no, it's not possible. Even if he did fall in love with her, Kagome's in love with Inuyasha, isn't she?”
 
“Not anymore. They've cleared up the confusion surrounding their relationship and Lord Sesshoumaru will soon begin courting the Priestess Kagome.”
 
“I'll believe it when I see it with my own eyes,” Totosai said skeptically.
 
“And that brings me to my message. They will be coming to see you, most likely within the month if not a little more if things fare well for them. Misaki has a task for you, something important for you to forge. She told me to tell you that…” The old flea and the old sword smith sat for hours discussing Misaki's message and the item Totosai would soon begin work on. Just the basics were outlined, the selected materials and the intended item, while the details were open to interpretation, leaving the two old coots to talk into the night about just how it should look, what they thought it should or would do, and just how Sesshoumaru would feel about the whole thing. Finally they both fell asleep, Myouga this time curling up on Momo both for warmth, not that he really needed it being on a volcano and all, and just in case he woke up thirsty. Okay, so it was mostly the latter but who's keeping track?
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Hiromi looked at the demon sitting nervously in front of her, waiting for their answer. Making sure to keep her face clear of all emotions, she opened her mouth to speak. “Well, Sesshoumaru, we know that you're powerful and could sufficiently protect Kagome. You're well off so you will be able to take care of her and make sure her needs are met. But you're a taiyoukai and a Lord, and there is likely to be discord amongst the other Lords and your people about you selecting a human miko as your mate. You may end up having to defend your decision, your choice. You already have seven pups and a human child to care for. You are burdened with incredible responsibilities, and while we both appreciate you showing your respect by asking our permission, we're going to have to say…”