InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ I Don't Wanna Wake Up ( Chapter 68 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 68 - I Don't Wanna Wake Up
 
 
As the sun peeked through the curtains and hit her closed eyes, Kagome let out a groan and pulled the covers up over her face. Sesshoumaru chuckled and then watched as she peeked over the edge of the comforter at him. “Do you intend to sleep all day, Kagome?”
 
She grunted and rolled over to face the wall while mumbling. “I would if it wasn't for the damn sun and someone laughing.” She closed her eyes tightly, determined to block out the world. She felt Sesshoumaru moving around beside her and fought her curiosity. She soon found out just what he was up to as she felt a trail of kisses being left along her spine moving downwards. “Sesshoumaru, what do you think you're doing?” she asked before letting out a big yawn.
 
The kisses stopped and Kagome found herself being gently rolled onto her back. “I am merely ensuring that you do not go back to sleep,” he replied, his lips brushing the bare skin of her stomach before he resumed the rain of kisses.
 
“You're mean,” she mumbled as she fought back a moan, refusing to encourage him.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Hiromi was downstairs washing the breakfast dishes, wondering if Kagome and Sesshoumaru were ever going to show their faces. She'd just placed the last plate in the drying rack when there was a knock at the front door. Looking at the clock she almost laughed. Apparently Kagome had forgotten the plans she made with her friends. Moving quickly, she opened the door with a bright smile and ushered the three girls inside. “I think she may have forgotten to set her alarm,” she told them. “Why don't you three go sit in the living room and I'll go and see if she's awake yet.” The girls nodded and went to make themselves comfortable on the couch, each imagining just what Kagome had been up to last night that she would still be asleep. It was already nine-thirty and they were wasting precious mall time!
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sesshoumaru was burrowed under the covers, still placing teasing kisses all over her while Kagome fought to remain annoyed and disinterested, though her will was fading fast. They both froze, though, when they heard the knock on the front door. Kagome twisted around to see her clock, swearing when she read the time. “Sesshoumaru, did I remember to tell you we're going to the mall this morning with my friends to shop for the party Friday?”
 
He smirked at her, not that she could see him. Now she would have to wake up, though he would have preferred more alone time with her. He crawled up her body as they both listened to Kagome's mother talk to the three girls downstairs.
 
“You have to let me up. Mom's gonna come up here and try to wake us up!”
 
“And why does that mean this Sesshoumaru must allow you to get up?”
 
“She can't come in here and find you naked and on top of me!”
 
His smirk turned darker as he began to kiss her throat, trailing one hand down the side of her body, teasing her with just the tips of his claws. He lowered his hips to rest his lower body on hers, her legs spreading to accommodate him. As he nibbled on her ear she let out a moan and her arms came up around his neck. “This Sesshoumaru is not concerned, and soon neither will you be.”
 
They could hear Hiromi making her way up the flight of stairs slowly, the sound of her steps snapping Kagome back into reality. “You have to get off me,” she hissed at him.
 
“This Sesshoumaru would rather not,” he said in a playful tone as he moved his attentions to the other side of her throat. “She will not come in.”
 
“And how can you be so sure?” she nearly growled at him.
 
He refused to answer, instead moving so that he was looking straight into her eyes. The sound of steps on the stairs stopped and they could both sense Hiromi just on the other side of the door. “Kagome? Sesshoumaru? Are you two awake in there? Kagome, your friends are here and they're waiting.”
 
Sesshoumaru smirked down at her and Kagome glared before finding her voice. She did her best to sound normal as she called out to her mother. “Yeah, Mom, we're awake. We'll be down in a few minutes.”
 
“Alright, dear. Don't take too long now.”
 
They both listened as she headed back down the stairs. “Okay, so she didn't come in but you still have to get off me so we can get dressed!”
 
“This Sesshoumaru will move when you ask me nicely. Until then I am quite comfortable right here.” He chuckled as she growled in frustration. “Growling at me will not make things easier. In fact, it is guaranteed to make things harder,” he said with a grin that reminded her way too much of Miroku.
 
“Kami, I think he's contagious,” she whispered to herself, making Sesshoumaru look at her in confusion. “Nothing. Never mind. Sesshoumaru?” she said in her sweetest voice.
 
“Yes, Kagome?”
 
“Would you please be so kind as to get off me so I can get dressed? Because otherwise I don't think you'll enjoy the rest of our stay here quite so much as you have so far,” she said with a threatening glare.
 
“You would not deny me,” he replied, though he didn't sound entirely certain.
 
“Do you really want to find out?” she whispered before leaning up and running her tongue along his jaw line. She could see him mentally debating what he should do and grinned triumphantly. She would be the victor. She was sure of it.
 
He let out a sigh before rolling off of her towards the wall so that she could scoot out of the bed. He didn't follow, though. He simply sat up and watched as she rushed around the room trying to decide what to wear and get ready as fast as possible. It took her amazingly under five minutes before she skidded to a stop and looked at the still very naked demon in her bed just watching her.
 
“Are you just gonna sit there?” she asked, exasperated. “You need to get dressed too you know!”
 
“You will explain where it is we are going,” was his only reply.
 
Kagome let out a frustrated sigh before moving to poke through the piles of clothes she had stacked on the floor at the end of the bed where the bags had been. She needed to either clear out a few drawers or get another dresser because there was no place for her to put his clothes at the moment. “We're going to the mall. It's like the stores we went to yesterday, except that there are lots of stores all inside one big place. I need to get a new outfit for the party and maybe one for you too. Here,” she said as she stood up, holding several items. She tossed a pair of red silk boxers at him. “Put `em on, big boy,” she said with a smile. She didn't turn around this time as he slipped out from under the covers to stand. At the sight of him a purring growl escaped her unbidden, causing his eyes to lock on her with curiosity.
 
“Kagome, why did you just make that sound?” he asked curiously, not taking his eyes off her as he pulled on the boxers.
 
“I don't know. It just came out. Why?” While he stood there studying her and looking perplexed she made her way to him, setting her chosen shirt on the bed and holding out a pair of black cargos, already unbuttoned and unzipped. “Sesshoumaru? Come on, put on the pants.”
 
He shook his head a little, trying to clear out the confusion. She'd just made a very inu sound, one the female would make when aroused to entice her mate… and it worked. His body had responded to the sound as if his little growling miko wasn't human at all. The changes were getting more and more obvious. He mentally smiled at the thought. As much as he loved her as a human, he could only imagine her as an inu. Sure, she could keep up with him alright so far, but her human body would tire much sooner than he would during actual mating. If she were a demon, however, then their fun could last much longer. He wondered just how far the changes would go. Would she remain human but with some demon traits or would she fully transform into a demoness?
 
He was jolted from his thoughts as she poked him in the chest. “Sesshoumaru! Come on!” He looked down at her, seeing her holding out the pants he was supposed to be putting on and tapping her foot in annoyance. “What in the hell is the matter with you?” she asked, half irritated, half concerned.
 
He took the proffered pants and slid them on, waiting for her to close them for him. “Do you feel any different, Kagome?” he asked curiously.
 
“What do you mean?” Kagome asked while looking up at him confused as her fingers closed his pants automatically.
 
“You are taking on more and more inu characteristics and tendencies. That sound you made was a sound an inu female would make towards her mate.”
 
She raised a brow at him as she picked up and held out a red t-shirt for him to put on. “Really? I don't think anything's different. But then I didn't notice I could hear better until the boys noticed first. Does it bother you that I'm changing?”
 
“Of course not, Kagome. This Sesshoumaru will love you whether you are human, demon, hanyou, or anywhere in between.” She helped him pull the shirt over his head and he looked down at the front of it. “Your mother certainly has a sense of humor, doesn't she?” Kagome giggled and nodded before grabbing her brush and motioning for him to turn around. He turned for her and found himself almost purring as she brushed his hair. He felt as she carefully arranged it over his shoulders to cover his not so normal looking ears. When she was done she pointed for him to sit on the edge of the bed as she produced socks and the shoes he'd worn the day before. She looked so incredibly tempting as she knelt as his feet, and he found himself once again having to mentally force away his growing erection, reminding himself that her friends were downstairs waiting. When she finished she picked a pair of shoes for herself out of her closet and grabbed her purse, heading for the bedroom door. “Kagome, wait.”
 
Kagome turned around and looked at him, wondering what she'd forgotten. He looked her over, examining her outfit. She was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans with little flowers embroidered around the pockets and on the legs and a white peasant style top. She looked cute, though Sesshoumaru was mentally cursing himself for using the word cute, even in his thoughts. He reached over and gathered up mokomoko from where it sat on the end of the bed. “I can't wear that, Sesshoumaru, no matter how much I'd like to.” Her eyes widened as the long length of fur shrunk before her eyes. When he was finished he wrapped it around her waist, slipping it through a couple of belt loops to keep it from slipping. Kagome stood in front of the mirror and shifted it around a bit until the long tail end hung off to the side and it looked like she was wearing a little boa belt. “I didn't know you could do that!”
 
“This Sesshoumaru just thought of it yesterday. We should go. Your friends are getting impatient and are now hypothesizing as to what is taking us so long.”
 
She let out a sigh. “Of course they are. Come on. Let's go.” Picking up her purse and shoes again, Kagome opened the door and started down the stairs followed by an extremely attractive dog demon.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Inuyasha had slipped away from the sleeping children as he heard Miroku and Sango moving around the camp quietly. He pulled them to the side and told them about the night's events, hoping they would have some insight into Rin's nightmare. Soon they were both as worried about the little girl as he was but neither had any explanation. Sango suggested that they not all ask her about it at once as it might overwhelm her and she might not be ready to share. It was decided then that she would ask Rin about it when they went to wash up before breakfast. With the decision made, Miroku set about restarting the fire that had been reduced to glowing embers during the night and Inuyasha went off to fill a few water bottles so Sango could make breakfast.
 
On his way back from the stream, the hanyou couldn't help his curious nature and he took the long way, peeking in on the wolves still sleeping not far from his pack's camp. He glowered at them for a moment before moving away. His distaste for them had grown overnight. Even though he didn't know why Rin was dreaming about being chased and killed by wolves, just the fact that she'd had such a terrifying dream made him dislike the wolves more than usual. He was more than ready to put them in their place and he hoped that their plans would be successful. As soon as everyone was up and fed they would get ready for phase one of their game plan, Operation Separation.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kagura couldn't believe how lucky she'd gotten. When Naraku returned from his meeting with the panthers he was angry and she was afraid that they'd told him of her betrayal or that they'd refused to join with him. She was terrified that he was going to kill her on the spot for either but calmed as she'd listen to his ranting while he threw the few things that hadn't yet been broken at the walls, the sound of shattering glass reverberating through the deserted halls. He was yelling about the `bitch of a mother' they had and how she'd forced him to give her all the shards instead of handing them out one by one. As she thought about it Kagura laughed silently, her face hidden behind her fan to ensure no one saw. Kuroyuri had found a way to ensure that the tainted shard never came into contact with Shinya.
 
He was still throwing his tantrum and it was already past sunrise. He didn't know how to rectify the situation, how to ensure that the right shard got to his intended victim. It would do him no good if one of the males received that shard, or the other females. He had his dark heart set on the youngest and he wanted no other. She could hear as he swore he would have her, one way or another. He would find a way to have his demoness doll. She shook her head at her master, thankful she wasn't in the same room as he. She wasn't in the mood to catch the flying shrapnel that exploded from the stone walls when ancient vases or other breakables made contact. He had no idea how much danger he was in. The panthers wished not only to kill him but to make his death as slow, painful, and degrading as possible in retaliation for his disgusting intentions for their youngest and most protected member.
 
She wanted to go and visit them, curious about their impressions as well as just what he had asked them to do for him. He still had yet to let her in on his newest plot or why he needed the additional assistance to begin with. They knew now and she couldn't wait to find out. She didn't know if they intended to do as he asked or not and by the way he had been gloating, Kagura knew that if they intended to assist him as requested then she would have to find another way to foil that plan as well. She knew it had something to do with the hanyou's pack, but that was the full extent of her knowledge. She couldn't help but grin when she thought of what trouble he was going to find himself in if he attempted to attack that group. No longer did it consist of three humans, two demons, and a hanyou, but instead the pack now contained four humans, one hanyou, and thirteen demons. Naraku was in for a big surprise when he next approached them. She only hoped that she could be present to see not only his shock but the beating he would surely endure if he managed to escape with his life.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
When Inuyasha returned to camp with the water he found that the children had woken while he was away. He determined that Rin must be with Sango as neither was present in the circle around the newly burning fire. He dropped the bottles beside where Sango had begun her breakfast preparations and found a seat around the fire with them. “So, how did you guys sleep last night? Was it better with her clothes?”
 
There was some grumbling and a few yawns before he finally got a coherent answer. Shippo was the one to speak to him. “It was a little better. I fell asleep easier but I still kept waking up looking for her. How many more days until Mama Kagome comes back?”
 
Inuyasha counted on his clawed fingers before answering. “Today's Sunday, and she said she'd most likely come back next Sunday so counting today and that Sunday, since we don't know if she'll be back in the morning or evening, then it will be eight more days.” The groans and whimpers of complaint tore at the hanyou's heart. He knew just how they felt, except that he could go and visit Kagome if he really needed to see her. They couldn't. “I know it isn't going to be fun or easy but just remember what she said. After this she'll be here with us for a lot longer than usual. I know that probably doesn't mean a lot to you guys but Shippo and I know. She used to go back home for two or three days every couple of weeks. Now she's going to stay with us all the time and only go back for short visits and for supplies. Once we make it through this week, we shouldn't ever have to go without her for this long again.”
 
Miroku smiled at his friend. “That is very insightful of you, Inuyasha. The discomfort and loneliness we all feel, you all probably even more than Sango and I because of your marks, is for the best and once we struggle through it, it will be behind us. My friend, I don't think I have ever heard you sound so… mature.”
 
“K'eh! Fuck off!”
 
Miroku chuckled. “And there's our Inuyasha. Thank goodness. For a moment I thought you might have been possessed by some much more mature and serious spirit.” Inuyasha growled and Miroku started to laugh outright. Shippo's laughter joined the monk's and soon everyone was laughing, even the hanyou, none noticing how the stress of separation was lifting off of their minds.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
When Rin had woken up she was frightened at first as she found herself alone on the bedding. When she sat up and looked around though, she was relieved to see her brothers, as well as Sango and Miroku, gathered around the fire. She didn't see Inuyasha, which saddened her slightly. Even though he wasn't her Lord, last night when he had held her and comforted her after her nightmare, he might as well have been her Lord Sesshoumaru. She wished he was still holding her, because she felt safe with him. She didn't know why she dreamt of the wolves again but she still couldn't shake the feeling the dream left her with, had always left her with.
 
For months after she'd been resurrected by Sesshoumaru's Tenseiga, she'd suffered the terrifying dreams nearly every night. She could always feel the tightness in her chest and she ran, gasping for breath. She could feel the jolt as she tripped and hit the ground. And then there was the torment of remembered pain as the wolves caught up to her fallen form and sunk their teeth into her, ripping and tearing at her flesh until she either passed out or died. She wasn't sure what had occurred once it all went dark.
 
But every time she woke it was like the first time. Her Lord Sesshoumaru was always there, looking down at her with worried eyes, or holding her little body tightly to his chest with his one arm, or watching her from where he sat while she was wrapped comfortably in his mokomoko. Eventually the nightmares stopped and she had normal dreams again. She hadn't dreamt of the wolves in over a year, almost a year and a half. But she had last night, and Inuyasha, her Lord's brother, was there for her.
 
She slowly stood and made her way to the others. When they spotted her she could see that they were all still worried. “Where is Inuyasha?” she asked softly.
 
Sango opened her arms to the little girl and welcomed her as Rin accepted the invitation. With Rin in her arms, Sango spoke softly. “Inuyasha went to get some water so I can make us all breakfast. Rin, would you like to come with me to wash up? I know Kagome usually took you with her, but she's gotten me into the habit of washing my face and hands every morning too.” She felt Rin nod against her and, shifting the little girl in her arms, Sango rose and walked away slowly, followed closely by both Kazue and Kirara, neither demon willing to let the two humans out of their sight.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Miroku had warned the boys when they woke not to ask Rin about her dream, that Sango would do so. They were all worried about her but they agreed that asking her all together might overwhelm her. It might be better for another female to ask her. They watched as Sango carried their big sister away in her arms, knowing that they would both be safe and protected by the tiny demons that trailed behind them. Once they were out of sight, they began to discuss what had happened during the night, trying to determine if any of them had heard Rin mention nightmares before. Finding that none of them had any idea they were back at square one and so they resigned themselves to waiting for Sango to return with her, hoping that the demon slayer would be able to learn something from the little girl who meant so much to them.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
When they reached the stream, both knelt and began to splash water on their faces, clearing away sandman crusties and waking themselves up. Once they had moved on to ensuring that their hands were nice and clean Sango decided to ask. “Rin, Inuyasha told me you had a nightmare last night. Do you want to talk about it? I know that Kagome has told Shippo in the past that telling someone about whatever you dreamed about is good. Shippo used to have nightmares about how his father died, and I know that I've had nightmares where I relived the fight that killed my father and the other demon slayers. Talking about it seemed to help. I know I'm not Kagome, but I care about you too.”
 
After a minute of silence the little girl spoke. “Rin doesn't want to talk about it. It's scary and it hurts and Rin thought it was gone but it came back.”
 
“Alright, Rin, but if you change your mind I'll still be ready to listen.”
 
Looking up at the older girl, she smiled. “Rin thanks you. Rin is fine now, so there is no need to worry.”
 
Sango nodded and stood before helping Rin to her feet as well. “Well then, let's head back to camp so I can get breakfast started, okay?” She couldn't help but smile as well when she saw the brilliant smile on the little girl's face as she nodded, and the two headed back in the direction they came from, hand in hand.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Hiromi smiled as she saw her daughter and who she considered to be her new son coming down the stairs. As Kagome passed her and slipped into the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast she noticed Sesshoumaru's attire. Her smile widened and Sesshoumaru raised a brow at her. “Is this Sesshoumaru correct in his assumption that you had an enjoyable time while selecting my wardrobe?”
 
“I'm sorry sweetie,” she said between quiet laughs. “I couldn't help it.” The shirt Sesshoumaru was wearing was her favorite of all the ones she picked. It was a dark red with large white lettering on the front that said `I Am The Big Dog'.
 
“Hn,” was all he got out before he heard Kagome calling him softly from the kitchen. “Excuse me. Your daughter is calling for me.” She nodded and moved out of his way so he could meet Kagome in the kitchen. When he walked in he saw her sitting on the counter eating a cereal bar, something he recognized as she'd given them to the children.
 
She tilted her head in a motion for him to come closer and waited. When he was within reach she pulled him closer so that he stood between her legs against the counter. “Are you hungry?” she asked quietly while smoothing a wild strand of hair into place. “You can eat real quick if you want. I can talk to the girls for a while before we leave.”
 
He considered her question. He'd just eaten the previous afternoon but he had to admit that the selections he'd made at the market were rather enjoyable. Finally he decided he might as well since otherwise he was sure Kagome would worry about him. He nodded his agreement and smirked as she popped the last of her bar in her mouth and wrapped her arms and legs around him tightly. His arms slipped around her waist and he felt her bury her head in the curve of his throat. He heard her inhale deeply and then sigh. “Is there a problem, Kagome?”
 
“No, not really. I just don't wanna let go. You smell nice, did you know that? Relaxing.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru finds your scent soothing as well. You do not have to let go if you do not wish to. I assume the mall will not be going anywhere.”
 
She laughed softly before letting her legs drop to his sides and pulling her arms back. “No, it isn't going anywhere but they're not gonna wait much longer.” He stepped back and held her hips as she slid off the counter. “It's all cold. Is that gonna be alright?” He nodded in response. “Any preference?” After she helped him select his choices she left him in the kitchen and went to sit with her friends in the living room.
 
When they saw her there was a chorus of `About time's and `What took so long's'. She mumbled an apology and then told them it would be just a couple minutes longer as Sesshoumaru was grabbing a bite to eat before they left. The four girls chatted for a few minutes, talking about what stores they wanted to go to and what they were looking for before Kagome heard Sesshoumaru's footsteps approaching. She smiled to herself and turned to see him leaning in the doorway. As her friends noticed him the room fell silent, all four girls enthralled with the vision they were blessed with. Kagome looked away first, noticing the silence. Looking at her friends she found that they were all staring at Sesshoumaru like he was a double chocolate cake with chocolate icing and they all wanted a taste. The urge to remove each of their eyes with her claws, the oddity of which she failed to recognize, was interrupted by her mother.
 
“Kagome, dear, what do you want me to do with these?” Kagome turned to see what her mother was asking about and immediately paled. In her mother's hand was the pack of feminine wipes Hojo had been so kind as to bring her on Friday. “I put the other things away in the kitchen but I'm not sure what you want to do with these.” Her eyes turned back to her friends, seeing the laughter in their eyes, and she wished she could disappear.
 
“Mom, please,” she said in a pleading voice. “I don't care. Hojo brought them. I don't want them.” It took just a second for Kagome to regret her words.
 
Hojo brought you those?” Yuka asked, trying not to laugh and failing miserably.
 
Kagome put her hands over her eyes. “He's always bringing me care packages I don't want.”
 
“Yeah, we know, but those! I can't believe Hojo brought you something so… personal.”
 
When she heard his voice in her head she knew she was in for it. `What exactly is it that is causing you such embarrassment and your friends such entertainment? What is it he brought for you and how is it personal?'
 
She heaved a sigh before standing up and taking them from her mother, throwing them up the stairs and smirking as she heard the thunk of the package hitting the wall. After a second of thinking she tried to answer him. `They are special moist towelettes for women.'
 
`And that is embarrassing how?'
 
Wanting to growl at his insistence she shook her head. “I'm gonna kill Hojo the next time I see him,” she grumbled, causing peals of laughter from her friends. `They're supposed to be used to clean my… a woman's… damn it! They're for a woman's private area!' When she heard his growl her head whipped to look at him, thankful that her friends' laughing had kept them from hearing it as well.
 
`And what is that boy doing giving them to you?' He wasn't able to stop the suspicious tone of his voice in her head. The very thought of that human boy having anything to do with his Kagome, let alone that part of her, made him angry. Especially since the boy was obviously mentally unstable, making him a possible threat to her safety and wellbeing.
 
`Oh, come on. Apparently the last disease Gramps picked had something to do with that. It has nothing to do with me. Hojo insists on bringing me things to `help me get well'. I've told him not to. And how dare you insinuate something like that! You know that you're the only one to ever go near me there!'
 
Feeling her rage through their connection and hearing the anger in her voice in his mind he immediately began backpedaling. `Kagome, I did not mean to insinuate anything. I am not accusing you of any wrongdoing. I know that you are untouched by any but this Sesshoumaru. Please…'
 
`Whatever,' was his only response as she cut him off. “Are we ready to go then? Mom?”
 
“Oh, yes of course dear. Just let me grab my keys and my purse.” Hiromi left the room and Kagome leveled a glare on her still giggling friends, shutting them up instantly. They all rose and move to the door, slipping on their shoes as they left the house. Sesshoumaru followed behind, worried that Kagome was angry with him. He deserved it, of course. He should never have made it sound as if he didn't trust her but it had just happened. Hiromi walked outside, closing the door behind her. She caught up with Sesshoumaru with a few quick steps and saw his expression. “What's the matter, Sesshoumaru? Is something wrong?”
 
He looked at Kagome, who hadn't stopped moving or made done anything to signal that she heard her mother's question or cared. He let out a quiet sigh before turning to her mother. “This Sesshoumaru upset her. She was explaining to me what it was that you were asking about and I asked why Hojo was giving her such a thing. I did not mean to sound suspicious or accusing but I did. Now she refuses to talk to or even look at this Sesshoumaru.”
 
The older woman laid her hand on his arm and he felt a wave of comfort wash over him, her calming aura so similar to that of her daughter. “She'll get over it. Come on. The girls can't get in the car until I unlock it.”
 
Sesshoumaru stopped mid-step. “Car?” Kagome had explained them to him somewhat and he had seen them on the television as well as in the road the previous day but he hadn't even thought about getting into one. He was wary of the strange machines he didn't understand.
 
“It'll be fine. I promise.” Hiromi's voice was so calm and reassuring that he relaxed slightly and started walking once more. When they caught up with Kagome and her friends he tried to catch Kagome's eye but she still refused to look at him. There was a strange beep from the giant piece of metal he was expected to climb into and Eri opened a door. Hiromi opened the driver's door and slipped in, fastening her seat belt and putting the keys in the ignition. Sesshoumaru watched as the three girls climbed into the third row of seats and Kagome settled herself in the middle row.
 
`Kagome?' He didn't want to look weak or show his fear but this was something entirely new and definitely nerve-wracking. It was very different from his own preferred methods of transportation, his youki cloud, energy ball, or two headed dragon. She didn't respond to his call. Instead it seemed like she was trying to ignore him as she made a point to look out the window in the opposite direction. `Kagome, please.'
 
She turned and looked at him, the anger melting from her eyes as she gazed at him. No one else would have sent the difference but she could. He looked vulnerable and nervous and most definitely sorry. She gave him a small smile, the sight of which washed away a great deal of his worry. `It's alright. I promise. Just climb in and sit.' She watched as he did, moving slowly as if unsure of what would happen. When he was settled she reached out and took his hand. `Now pull the door closed… lightly,' she added, not wanting his demon strength to damage her mother's car. That wouldn't be good or easy to explain. Once the door was closed she reached over and buckled his seat belt, not noticing her friends' odd looks. Their fingers interlocked and Kagome soothed him silently as her mother started the engine and pulled out of the driveway. She could feel the tension in his body and called her aura up around her before surrounding him in it, smiling as his back relaxed slowly and he eventually turned to look out the window, watching the world as they passed.
 
They sat together holding hands and looking out the window while they listened to her friends whisper behind them about how odd it was for Kagome to buckle his seatbelt for him. Ayumi thought it was sweet while Yuka found it demeaning, like she was being forced to serve him, not that she wouldn't be on her hands and knees scrubbing the floor with her own toothbrush if he told her to, which Eri was so kind to point out. It was true. Any one of them would be more than happy to play servant girl if it meant he would kiss them and touch them like he did Kagome. As much as they wanted to be happy for their friend, they couldn't help but be jealous as well. He did have the body of a god and the voice of one as well. What red-blooded female wouldn't want him?
 
It took only fifteen minutes to get to the mall and Kagome's mother pulled up alongside the sidewalk. “I'll be back here at two. Call me if you want me to come earlier or later, alright?” Kagome nodded and unbuckled Sesshoumaru's seatbelt and opening her door since it was facing the sidewalk. She slipped out and watched as her demon followed, looking quite relieved to be out of the noisy heap of metal. Her friends followed and once the door was closed they were waving as Hiromi pulled away.
 
“So, where do we want to go first?” Ayumi asked, nearly hopping up and down in her excitement.
 
 
 
 
Author's Notes: I can't post on A Single Spark because I changed my email and never got the email to verify it. So I'm waiting on an email from Winter to tell me what to do.
 
I'm going to work on my reviewer responses as soon as I finish posting. On my Live Journal you can find not only that but also a couple story recommendations.
 
 
http://sunsetmiko.livejournal.com/
 
http:// sunsetmiko . livejournal . com (remove spaces)
 
To anyone who hasn't heard, there's a new award group, Dokuga, for Kagome/Sesshoumaru stories. I joined and just nominated my favorite story. This is their first awards quarter, so they're still accepting members for recommendations and voting too I think. Since I joined I figured I should help out with publicity so everyone should go join the yahoo group and nominate your favorite stories.
 
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dokuga/
 
http:// groups . yahoo . com/ group /dokuga (remove spaces)
 
If the link doesn't show above, search yahoo groups for dokuga or check my LiveJournal Page for a link.