InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ She Who the Prophecy Foretold ❯ Kagome's Secret ( Chapter 69 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 69 - Kagome's Secret
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
 
Author's Note: I just wanted to make it clear that one chapter does not equal one day. One day spans several chapters. For everyone who wants to know when they will mate, it has only been a week and 2 story days since he told her he was interested in her. It will be a while. And there is still a whole week in Kagome's time for exams. This chapter is on Sunday. Check my calendar on LiveJournal to get any idea of the timeline of the story so far. http://sunsetmiko.livejournal.com/ If you can't see the web address before, here it is again - http:// sunsetmiko . livejournal . com (remove the spaces)
 
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
After a quick discussion about their desired destinations the group was walking into the mall through the doors that had opened for them automatically as they approached. Kagome silently explained them to Sesshoumaru, holding his hand as she watched him look around. The mall was huge, with two stories and just about any store you could want, all in one place. They'd decided on the first store the girls wanted to check for their desired party apparel and soon Sesshoumaru found himself once again surrounded by racks and racks of hanging clothing. The group had separated at the door as each set off looking for just the right outfit. He cringed slightly every time a girl in the store squealed over `How adorable' or `How cool' something they found was. He followed behind Kagome as she poked through the racks. She hadn't picked up anything when her friends rushed back over to her with their arms overflowing with items.
 
“Kagome! You haven't picked anything to try on yet?” Eri nearly shouted. Kagome shrugged her shoulders and soon found her self being dragged towards the dressing rooms, a few hangers thrust into her hands before she was shoved into the tiny mirrored room. She looked at the things they'd given her to try on and shook her head. Like Sesshoumaru would ever let anyone see her in something like that. Knowing they wouldn't let her hear the end of it if she didn't, Kagome let out a sigh and started changing. In a few minutes there was a rapid knocking on the door, followed by the voices of her friends ordering her to come out and let them see. Looking at herself in the mirror, Kagome wished her friends had a slightly more conservative taste in clothes.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Once everyone had eaten and everything was cleaned up the group huddled together to prepare for their first tasks. Operation Separation was almost completely on Shippo so everyone was making sure he had everything he needed and knew what he was supposed to do. The little fox was nervous. Sure, he was pretty good at using his fox-magic to look like other people but he'd never actually used it to trick someone before, well besides Inuyasha of course . And he would be holding the illusion for a long time. He hoped he could do it because he didn't want to let his new brothers and sister down. This first part was important, as many of their other plans depended on this one being successful. Finally he decided that he was as ready as he could be and got started.
 
First Shippo transformed into Kagome. Then he used the miko trick she'd shown them at the palace, purifying all scents, even his own, off him. He knew that his scent would gradually come back but it was normal for Kagome to smell like him so it wouldn't make any difference. His illusion came complete with clothes so instead of putting on Kagome's dirty clothes, Inuyasha produced a sealed zipper bag of unwashed clothes that they hadn't touched, so Kagome's scent was the strongest, though there was a hint of Sesshoumaru. He handed the kitsune the sealed bag and they all stepped away, making sure not to taint his now clean scent with their own.
 
Shippo opened the bag and pulled out the first item. He rubbed the shirt all over his face and arms before covering his illusory clothing and his now long tan legs. Pulling the skirt out of the bag he repeated the process. When he was done he took in a deep breath and found himself calming considerably. He most definitely smelled like his Mama. Inuyasha came over and took a test sniff since a hint of his own scent on her would also be normal. A giant grin broke across his face as he nodded. If he didn't know any better he would be sure that Shippo was Kagome. The miko powers she had given him when they bonded gave him the final push he needed to be able to fully transform, meaning this Kagome didn't have a fox tail. Not only that, but the scent of her powers and the miko energy were present on him as well, maybe not as strong as they would be on her but they were pretty sure it would be more than enough to fool Kouga. Miroku called out to Shippo who turned and gave a very Kagome-like pose as the monk snapped his picture. Finally, preparations were over and it was time to truly start.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Sesshoumaru had followed after them as they dragged Kagome away until he was told to `Wait here', which was exactly what he was doing. He could feel Kagome's nervousness and hesitation as they tried to extricate her from behind the door they'd previously forced her through. Eventually the door creaked open slowly and she stepped into view. He couldn't decide whether to growl or pant and after a quick glace around and having spotted no other males he allowed his eyes to take a much slower perusal of his miko. The skirt she was wearing was even shorter than the little green scrap of fabric she usually pranced around in but was a dark blue and tight, made of the same material as the pants he'd worn the day before, `jeans' he believed she called them. The shirt was skin tight, white with no sleeves but instead only string-like straps. Her breasts were pushed up and together, making a great deal of them visible. He wondered for a second if she had intended to do so or if she'd simply forgotten but he got his answer as her friends began their interrogation and she seemed surprised.
 
When she'd stepped out of the dressing room Kagome hadn't even thought about the fact that she was wearing a sleeveless low cut top, and so she'd forgotten to use the spell to hide her plethora of demon markings. She almost immediately realized her mistake as her friends began their questioning. It took her several minutes just to get them to stop talking long enough for her to start responding, and all the while Sesshoumaru was watching her with a smirk.
 
“Yes, they're tattoos. No, I didn't tell you about them. No, they didn't really hurt too badly. Yes, my mother knows about them. No, I haven't been trying to hide them. Yes, I know there are a lot of them. No, I will not tell you what they mean or why I picked them right now. We're in the middle of a store and if you three don't stop I'm going to have to pretend I don't know you. And you,” she said as she turned and pointed at the still smirking demon. “Stop smirking at me, damn it! I know, alright!”
 
“Oh, wow! Higurashi! Didn't know you could look so good! All those illnesses sure gave you an awesome body! And the tats make you look even hotter!” Kagome turned to see who was talking to her, not even recognizing the boy, but recognizing the look in his eyes as he stared openly at her. Her arm shot out just in time to catch Sesshoumaru's wrist as he went to move past her and strangle the human who dared look at what was his, let alone speak to her in such a fashion.
 
“Guys, who is that?” Kagome asked without looking at her friends, instead focusing on holding onto her furious inu and trying to keep his attention on her.
 
“You don't know?” Eri gasped.
 
“That's Kyo. He's only one of the coolest guys in school,” Yuka whispered.
 
“And he thinks you're hot!” Ayumi said dreamily.
 
“Whoop-di-fucking-do,” Kagome muttered under her breath, causing her demon to relax a bit, smirking instead at the knowledge that his miko held absolutely no interest for this human boy.
 
The boy had been distracted from her for a moment by the large male moving towards him. Once he decided he wasn't a threat, Kyo returned his eyes to Kagome. “So, are you going to the party this Friday?”
 
“Yeah, but…”
 
“You need a ride? I'd be happy to pick you up.” His tone said that he'd be happy to do a lot more than just pick her up and Kagome was really tempted to let Sesshoumaru shred the perv.
 
“No thanks. I'll be going with my boyfriend.” As she spoke she pulled Sesshoumaru closer, the demon lord immediately responding, wrapping his arm around her possessively.
 
“I could use a ride,” Eri said, sounding rather slutty, at least in Kagome's opinion as she frowned at her friend.
 
“Maybe some other time,” Kyo said in a disinterested voice, shooting a glare at Sesshoumaru before turning and walking away.
 
“Jerk,” Eri grumbled before turning around and grabbing something off a rack without even looking at it and locking herself in a dressing room.
 
Kagome followed suite once she decided it was safe to let Sesshoumaru go, going into her dressing room and changing back into her own clothes. As she began to arrange it she found herself loving the feeling as mini-mokomoko wrapped firmly around her waist, still reminding her of Sesshoumaru's warm embrace despite its much smaller than normal size.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Shippo was making his way towards the clearing where the wolves had taken up camp, peeking over his shoulder every now and then, seeing everyone sneaking along behind him. Kouga and the other wolves would never be able to sense them as Rin was making good use of her more advanced miko powers by covering them in a barrier that hid their auras and scents. The nervous little fox parading as his miko mommy checked the direction of the wind before continuing. He placed himself where he knew the gently breeze would do its work and waited. He had to try very hard not to laugh as he felt the breeze pick up and he spotted the funnel cloud of whirling dust and debris rapidly approaching. Kouga had fallen right into his cute little paws.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Kouga and his small group of companions had been sitting around the fire with nothing to do. They were bored, and everyone else was more than tired of Kouga's whining and complaining about his Kagome and how she should be with him instead of off gallivanting around with Lord Icicle. They were actually rather tempted to knock him upside the head with a log just to shut him up for a while. When they all caught the scent being carried to them on the breeze not one of them complained when Kouga disappeared without a word. At least they would have a few minutes of peace. Really, he was supposed to be their alpha but he was acting like a spoiled child who didn't get his way for the first time in his life. They all sighed in relief at the beautiful sound of silence.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
When he'd smelled her, for a second Kouga thought he was imagining things. The mutt had said she'd be gone for a week, but it had only been two days. He wasn't about to complain though, jumping to his feet and taking off at super speed, using the shards in his legs to their full potential. It smelled like she was alone and he wanted to make it to her before someone else did. It wouldn't be long before her friends sensed her presence as well.
 
When he finally spotted her his heart sped up. She was as beautiful as always and she was just standing there, the soft early summer breeze blowing through her hair, making the ebony strands dance around her perfect face. As he reached her it dawned on him. She was waiting for him! She wanted to see him! Why else would she stand upwind, knowing that her scent would be carried down into his camp? He knew she would have been able to sense the presence of his pack and himself. If his heart sped up anymore he was sure it would burst. His Kagome was basically calling him to her. It was a dream come true.
 
Shippo smiled prettily at the wolf that had emerged from the mini tornado to grasp his hands, just as he'd expected. Kouga always grabbed Kagome's hands, never giving her a chance to escape his annoying attentions. It was one of many of the things that bothered him about the wolf prince. He touched her without her permission, getting his nasty wolf scent all over her hands. Shippo realized he had to be careful. He had been becoming increasingly angry as he thought about Kouga and Kagome. If he had allowed any more of his concentration slip away from holding his illusion he would have lost it and popped back into his normal form. Sure, Kouga would be surprised, but that wasn't the plan, and if it happened now it would be very unlikely that Kouga would fall for it again.
 
“It's wonderful to see you, my beautiful Kagome,” Kouga said, pulling one of her hands to his lips, planting a gentle kiss on her knuckles. “The mutt said you'd be away for a week! You came back to see me, didn't you? I should have expected so. Of course you would want to see your future mate.”
 
Shippo wanted to gag as the wolf's chapped, scratchy lips touched him. Fighting back the urge to wretch he forced a smile. “Kouga! I'm so glad you came! I was hoping you would.”
 
Kouga smirked arrogantly. “I knew you were waiting for me, my love.”
 
“We have to hurry. We don't have much time before the others sense me nearby. I've been dying to have some time, just the two of us, so we can… talk.” Shippo allowed the short pause just as Miroku had instructed and the smile that spread once more across `Kagome's' face was genuine as he saw the look in Kouga's eyes. He was reacting just as they wanted him to.
 
“I won't let them get in our way. We can find a place where we can have some privacy,” he said in a deeper tone, his eyebrows lifting to help get his true message across.
 
“I know the perfect place. Come with me!” `Kagome' said before turning, the wolf still holding both of her hands.
 
Kouga was already excited at the thought of finally being alone with her, and seeing her so eager to take him to a place she'd already picked out only added fuel to the fire. He released one of her hands and walked quickly alongside her, every now and then glancing down to watch her perfectly toned legs moving beneath her tiny skirt.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
In the bushes, Hitoshi had his hand clamped over his mouth to stop the laughter dying to escape him. Everything was going perfectly. Miroku had managed to snap a couple quick pictures of Kouga accosting Kagome/Shippo. Shippo was playing her part expertly and Kouga was buying every second of it. When the two started to move in the direction of their planned destination the group picked themselves up off the ground where they'd hidden and followed, still completely shielded as Rin held the barrier effortlessly.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Both Kagome and Sesshoumaru could hear as Eri complained softly to herself about how it wasn't fair that all they boys liked Kagome and no one ever asked her out. Her words made Kagome feel guilty even though it wasn't her fault. Eri was pretty too and she had no idea why no one asked her friend out. The girl's words bothered Sesshoumaru too but for a different reason. He didn't like the idea of multiple males being after his mate. It was bad enough he had that annoying wolf claiming her. He didn't need a group of pathetic human boys chasing after her as well. His thoughts were interrupted by Kagome as she came out of the dressing room in her own clothes. Their eyes met and each knew the other had heard everything. Hanging the much to revealing items on the rack by the dressing rooms, Kagome made her way to where her demon stood, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat.
 
Yuka and Ayumi were unaware that Eri was so upset and were still chattering and comparing items, trying to come up with the perfect combination. When Eri came out of the dressing room in what had to be the ugliest sun dress ever made, the look on her face as she examined herself in the larger three paned mirror combined with the atrocity of the outfit, caused Yuka and Ayumi to burst out laughing and after a few moments Eri joined them. “I can't believe I picked this up. It's horrid,” she said while twirling as if showing it off.
 
“Yeah, definitely not what we're looking for,” Ayumi said between giggles. “Here, try this.” She handed Eri a new outfit to try and she disappeared behind the door once again. This went on for another fifteen minutes, Yuka, Eri, and Ayumi trying things on and critiquing their choices. Kagome refused to try on anything else they selected, saying that she wanted to look elsewhere. Finally they were ready to move on, with only Yuka buying anything at all. The entire scene was repeated in two other stores, each of Kagome's friends picking out different things and Kagome still not finding anything she liked.
 
It was while they were on their way to the forth store that Kagome found herself being dragged off course and into another store, one she had definitely not intended to visit, especially not with Sesshoumaru along for the ride. She looked around with a sigh. `Oh well,' she thought. `Too late now. He's seen it.' And he had. Sesshoumaru's eyes were everywhere as he tried but failed to look disinterested. The items in this particular store were much too interesting for that. He smirked at the blushing Kagome before joining the other girls in looking through the wide variety of items. The embarrassed miko watched from her spot just inside the door as her friends and Sesshoumaru browsed. `I never thought I'd get to see the Lord Sesshoumaru in Victoria's Secret,' she thought with a grin, wishing she had her camera. `This might just be fun.'
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Her camera was being put to good use as `Kagome' led Kouga towards a cave a ways away from the village and their campsites. Miroku was having a great time as he snapped a shot of Kouga's hand coming around to rest on Kagome's very lower back. They almost gave themselves away with laughter as Kagome/Shippo squeaked in surprise when the wolf's hand dropped a bit lower and gave her ass a squeeze. The hentai monk was quick to get a picture of that as well; though he was certain Shippo would want it deleted permanently. He would certainly not to want to be reminded about being groped by the apparently very amorous Kouga.
 
Shippo wanted to strangle Kouga. Not only was he mortified that the thick-skulled wolf grabbed his ass, he was furious that the wolf would try something like that on Kagome, even if she was acting somewhat interested in him. He forced down both feelings as he focused his concentration on holding his illusion and getting them to their destination. Finally the cave was in sight and he accidentally let out a sigh of relief. Thankfully Kouga misinterpreted it.
 
Walking alongside her Kouga hadn't been able to resist placing his hand possessively on her lower back. When she failed to protest he decided to take it a step further and was glad he did. She didn't stop him as he caressed and gently squeezed her absolutely perfect ass. It was becoming difficult to walk normally and still hide the giant erection under his furs. He couldn't wait until they reached wherever it was she was taking him and apparently neither could she as she let out a sigh of relief when the cave came into sight. She was just as eager as he was!
 
`Kagome' pulled a very willing Kouga into the cave behind her. `She' took him all the way to the back, where they'd already placed a blanket, laid out and waiting. Now was going to be the hardest part. Shippo wasn't sure if he could do it, but he was determined to try his hardest. “Kouga,” he said in a teasing voice he'd been practicing with the monk for quite a while the previous afternoon. “Why don't you make yourself comfortable? I need a minute and then I'll be right back. You'll wait for me, won't you?”
 
Kouga nearly moaned as she spoke, the seduction in her tone flowing through his veins and making his erection throb painfully. He couldn't do anything but nod as he watched her skip out of the cave, her short skirt lifting slightly and giving him a peek at something red beneath. He immediately set to pulling the ties that held on his chest plate and dropped it to the ground. He loosened his furs, both giving himself the room he sorely needed and making it much easier to take them off for her. He laid himself on the blanket she'd so thoughtfully laid out for them. He reveled in the knowledge that she had been planning this, obviously if the blanket and other various items in the cave told him anything.
 
Shippo couldn't believe he'd actually done it! As soon as he crossed the entrance to the cave he rushed to the side so he couldn't be seen before dropping to her/his knees and panting. He glanced over his shoulder to see if it was done. When he was certain it was safe the tired little fox popped back into his much more comfortable form and lay flat on his back, staring at the puffy white clouds floating by and listening to the cheers of the others. It had gone perfectly, and after a short rest it would be time for part two of Operation Separation.
 
Once Shippo made it all the way out of the cave, Sango tossed a small package as far as she could into the darkness at the back where the wolf was. As it sailed through the air it opened, releasing a fine powder that immediately spread through the air. He never saw it coming. Kouga was unconscious where he lay. Now came the part no one really wanted to do. It had finally been delegated to Miroku since he'd been determined to go into the cave and get photos of the drugged wolf lying helpless on the cave floor. He grumbled but did his part, sneaking into the cave and taking a couple of pictures, not worrying about the flash since Kouga was dead to the world.
He slipped the delicate camera into his robes securely before kneeling down and pulling the furs from Kouga's legs and, after tightly closing his eyes, the fur wrapped loosely around his waist. He tossed the needed items out of the cave and was on his way out when his curiosity got the best of him. The hentai monk turned around, his eyes widening in surprise as he caught sight of the incredible erection that still stood proudly, despite the wolf's unconscious state. Grumbling about how demons got all the luck, the monk left the cave, slapping sutras around the opening, not only to keep the wolf in when he finally woke but also to keep him safe from any who might come across him in his incredibly vulnerable state. They didn't want him to end up dead after all. Once the task was done, Shippo, still smelling a great deal like Kagome, had the job of stuffing the wolf's furs into a zipper bag, sealing it tightly before tossing it to Inuyasha to carry and perching himself on the hanyou's shoulder. He was tired, and his day wasn't even close to over.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
When he had first noticed the oddity of his miko's undergarments he had no idea. He had no idea that there would be such a wide variety of colors and styles. And then there were the little things that he imagined had to be for sleeping in, though how they were practical or comfortable was beyond him. Of course, the comfort of the things was the farthest thing from his mind as he picked up a black and red teddy. No, he was too busy imagining what his Kagome would look like in things like these.
 
“Oooohhh, do you like that one, Sesshoumaru?” Yuka asked him, seeing what he held up for inspection.
 
“Oh wow. What a choice!” Ayumi squealed. “Do you think she'd wear it for you?”
 
Sesshoumaru's thoughts were immediately overflowing with images of his miko in the item he held, wondering if she would wear it for him. Kagome had heard her friend's exclamations and finally forced herself away from the entrance and into the store to see just what it was that had caught his attention. When she saw it though, she wished she'd stayed where she was. In an instant she had snatched it from his hand and replaced it on the rack. “No, she would not wear it! Geez! Stop putting thoughts in his head! He's bad enough as it is!” Immediately after the words left her mouth Kagome was clapping her hand over it. Three sets of eyes widened in surprise at her outburst and Sesshoumaru merely smirked.
 
“Bad enough already, am I?” he asked in a seductive tone. “And why would you not wear this for this Sesshoumaru?” he asked while picking up the item she'd taken from him. “I find it quite intriguing.”
 
“No. Just… no. Come on, why are we in this store anyway?” she asked her friends in a desperate attempt to escape. It wasn't that she wasn't curious about how she'd look in some of the things they sold here, or that she didn't want to see how he'd react, because she most definitely did. She was just mortified by the very presence of her friends while they looked at such intimate apparel. They didn't need to know what her underwear looked like and they most definitely didn't need to assist her or Sesshoumaru in the purchase of any lingerie!
 
“Because I need to buy a few bra and panty sets. Besides, I think Sesshoumaru wants to look around some more. Don't you Sesshoumaru?” Yuka asked him. With that said she grabbed the two other girls and dragged them away, leaving Kagome and Sesshoumaru alone, the demon lord still holding the item that sparked the discussion to begin with.
 
“Why would you not…” he started.
 
“It's not that,” she hissed out, cutting him off. “I just don't think they need to know what we do in private! And they certainly don't need to help you pick things out!”
 
“Perhaps then you should assist me,” he purred into her ear. “Is there something else you would prefer?”
 
She blushed but turned and walked to a different rack, poking through the wide selection of babydolls. She finally saw one that appealed to her and pulled it out. “What about this?” she asked It was dark red with black lace trim and embellishments, just like the one he'd picked up and was now putting down to better take in the new selection..
 
He looked it over, finding it even more intriguing than what he had selected. It had thin shoulder straps and would cover her breasts like most of her bras would but continued down almost like the white shirt she'd tried on at the first store, except that it was looser and open in the front starting from right under her breasts in the center so that her entire abdomen would be exposed. It would probably cover just to the top of her ass. He noticed that there were matching panties and much to his amusement it was a thong, something he'd been unable to get out of his mind since she'd shown him one yesterday.
 
He could only nod and Kagome giggled, noticing the growing tent in his pants. Looking at the tag she said, “It's called a Flyaway Babydoll. I like it. Do you like it?” she asked in a teasing tone.
 
“You know very well that I do,” he said in a low voice as he pulled her against him, pressing the evidence of his appreciation for the item against her stomach.
 
“Mmmm, I guess so,” she said, pulling away. “I might just have to buy it then.” She turned around and walked away, leaving her incredibly aroused inu to follow behind obediently. He watched as she picked through the matching sets of undergarments similar to the one's he'd already seen while chatting with her friends, all the while holding on to the item he was now determined they would leave the store with. Using his incredible self control, a thing that he found meant absolutely nothing around Kagome; he managed to will away his erection before anyone else noticed it. Kagome was laughing inside as she purposely picked up the most revealing or most interesting looking bra and panty sets, holding them up for inspection knowing he was watching her like a hawk, or rather like a very hungry inu looking at lunch. She found a couple that she fell in love with and just had to get and as she surveyed the rest of the store inspiration struck her. Leaning close to whisper even though she knew he would hear she asked her friends to distract Sesshoumaru for a few minutes. They immediately obliged, dragging him away while he wondered just what she was up to.
 
Once she was alone she looked through the racks of lingerie, picking out a few surprises for her demon before rushing to the checkout to get everything hidden away in pretty pink bags. Even she was surprised by her boldness but she couldn't help but be turned on as she imagined how he would react when he saw her in her secret selections. Sure, she wouldn't get to wear them often but she'd make sure to take advantage of her time at home at the very least. As her thoughts wandered she found herself thinking that maybe they could find a reason to stop at the Western palace for a few nights. She might just have to bring her purchases along, just in case.
 
Sesshoumaru was torn between being frustrated at Kagome and at her friends for dragging him away and incredibly curious as to why she wanted privacy. Just what was his little tease of a miko up to now? He couldn't see her from the other side of the store where he was being held captive by giggling girls and he was hard pressed not to kill them just to stop the annoying noise. He could feel that she was excited, nervous but definitely enjoying whatever it was she was doing, and the scent of her arousal was unmistakable as it floated to him across the store. After a few minutes he could feel her approaching. When he could finally see her he was disappointed to see that she was no longer holding on to the little red and black thing.
 
She could see the disappointment in his eyes and smiled as she dismissed her friends to go make their purchases. When they were alone again she leaned against him. “Big bad demons don't pout,” she said softly with a grin.
 
“This Sesshoumaru is most definitely not pouting.”
 
“Yeah, sure. Like you're not disappointed? Don't worry. I bought it, along with a few other things that you'll have to wait to see.”
 
His arm wound around her waist and his lips brushed her ear as he spoke. “This Sesshoumaru is definitely not pouting now. I am very much looking forward to seeing your selections.” She moaned lowly as his tongue traced the shell of her ear before moving to kiss down her throat. “You are such a tease my little miko.”
 
“And you love it,” she said playfully, loving the feel of his body pressed against her and the kisses he was showering her with. She felt like the center of the universe, a universe that consisted of just her and her very attentive demon.
 
They stopped talking, both rather disappointed, when her friends approached, each carrying a medium sized pink bag. Taking in the sight of Kagome's two large bags, Eri said what they were all thinking. “Just what did you buy Kagome? Two big bags? I guess Sesshoumaru's gonna be a lucky guy.”
 
Kagome blushed and shot her friend a glare. “None of your business.”
 
“This Sesshoumaru is indeed lucky to have such a beauty as my own,” Sesshoumaru said, causing three `Awwwws'. Kagome turned around and leaned up on her toes to press a kiss to his lips.
 
“I think it's Kagome who's lucky. Not only is he hot, he's Prince Charming too!” Ayumi said dreamily.
 
“That's for sure,” Yuka chimed in. “So where to next?”
 
“How about we go where we were supposed to be going before you dragged me in here!” Kagome and her friends laughed as they turned and headed back in the direction they'd been going before they were sidetracked.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
They'd made it back to camp and decided that it was not only time for a break but time for lunch as well. The boys, excluding Shippo, volunteered to hunt and Inuyasha went along, more to make sure they were safe than to help, as they did very well on their own. Rin and Shippo sat leaned up against a tree. Both their eyes were closed and Rin absently stroked the fur of Kazue, who'd taken up residence in her lap. They were both tired and both of them would be doing most of the work once again in the afternoon. The two drowsy children drifted slowly to sleep as they rested in the shade.
 
Miroku took the opportunity to show Sango the pictures he'd taken on the small screen on the back of the camera. She had to admit he was very good at taking photos. If he was in Kagome's time he could make a career as a `photographer' as Kagome had described to them the last time she'd allowed the monk the use of her camera. Sure, there had been an exorbitant amount of pictures of a certain demon slayer's rear but the rest of the pictures were beautifully done and Kagome had been inspired to fill a photo album with his shots of the untouched nature of the feudal era and their group of friends. She'd printed all the photos at home to be safe, even blowing some of them up into eight by tens. She'd brought the album to show them all when it was finished and they'd all been in awe at the monk's surprising talent. No one but the monk and the miko knew that she printed a few of his favorite shots, not of Sango's ass but candid shots that really caught her natural beauty. He kept them hidden in the inner pockets of his robes, making sure to never let anyone catch him looking at them.
 
Sango had to threaten to smack him when Miroku began describing the final sight he had before leaving the cave. Really, she didn't want to know how big Kouga was down there! He held up his hands in defeat at her threats, chuckling as she blushed brightly. He thought she looked exceptionally beautiful when she blushed.
 
Finally the pups and Inuyasha returned and Sango was able to throw herself into preparing their lunch, doing her best to remove the images her Miroku had been so kind as to plant in her mind.
 
 
\-\-\--/-/-/
\-\-\-\-SWtPF-/-/-/-/
\-\-\--/-/-/
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Kyo - Approval, ginger, or large. I'm going with approval since he definitely seemed to approve of Kagome.
 
Check out my LiveJournal to see the item Kagome purchased, the one he knows about. I will post pics of the others when they come up in the story.