Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. One, Chapter Four: Data Truth ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Data Truth
The new saga started with a little research. Ed and Fuji were just looking around on the internet just for fun when an interesting document caught their attention. Ed easily overlooked it at first, but Fuji caught it with her eyes.
“Ed, stop!” the pixie commanded. The hacker quickly looked up.
“Hm?” she asked in a perky tone.
“Go back one link!” Fuji ordered.
“Okay!” Ed agreed cheerfully. Then she clicked the back button. A black and gold page came up again. Fuji and Ed watch the screen closely.
“What is Fuji-Fuji looking for?” the hacker asked. The pixie looked hard at the screen. She didn't answer at first.
“A key piece of evidence of something not right!” Fuji replied.
“Oh!” Ed replied happily. Both kept watching the screen. So far, there was nothing. The girls kept staring on at the screen. Time was dragging slowly. But then, Fuji caught it right away!
“Ed!” she ordered loudly. “Type in what I'm going to say next!”
“Gotcha!” the hacker kid replied. Fuji breathed in deep. It was a long shot, but she just had to try it and see. Fuji shut her eyes tightly.
“Sun: Oxford Serpent Heart Weapon/Truth is Known/Beast is dead/Light and Dark/Love is Gone/Angel tears and prayer/Hope for all/May God Have Mercy On Us/Hail Mary Full of Grace_21.” the pixie said. Ed typed as fast as her fingers could go. Fuji looked at the whole code.
“Good!” she said. “Now hit enter!” The hacker complied. The screen flickered to black for a short second and came back to show a critical page of information. Ed and Fuji looked at it for a second.
“Oooo!!!” Ed said aloud. “What is that?”
“Shhh!” Fuji said quickly. “I'm trying to read something.”
“Oh!” the hacker said quietly. She read along with Fuji. Within seconds, the pixie's eyes grew big with alarm.
“Edward!” Fuji said aloud. “Bookmark this page for Spike right away! He has to see this!”
“Yes, Fuji-Fuji!” the hacker said quickly. Then she bookmarked the site as fast as she could. Fuji watched nervously. “Oh my god!” she thought. “Spike and Sakura have no idea that they are in a world of Hell at the moment! I'm even surprised that Sakura-sama hasn't died yet!
“Now what, Fuji-Fuji?” Edward asked. The pixie's attention quickly came back to Earth. She saw the hacker staring right at her. Ed was waiting for an answer. Fuji took in a deep breath. This was tough, but it was important to save them all.
“We wait!” the pixie replied. “We wait until Spike returns home again.” Ed nodded smiling.
“Okey Dokey!” she called out. The pixie looked at her oddly. “How the hell can she be so happy and up beat at a time like this?” she thought. Fuji just sighed and flew over to the computer. This was going to be a long wait.
Day flew into night. The girls waited in silence. Ed kept herself busy by… well… being Ed. Fuji just sat around looking worried. “Oh where is he?” he thought in worry. “Sakura's and his life depends on this little piece of information!” Then the door opened wide. Both girls quickly looked up. Spike stood in the doorway looking around. The good old cigarette was hanging out of his mouth. He looked like he needed to go to bed. He looked right at the girls.
“Hey,” he said to them. “You guys see Sakura come in yet?” Ed sat up quickly at that question. Fuji's face became pretty serious. Spike noticed the pixie's face.
“Is… there a problem?” he asked. Fuji looked at Ed.
“Ed,” she spoke up. “Show him the page.”
“Yes, ma'am!” the hacker called. Then, she brought up her computer again and clicked on the bookmarked site. Fuji gave her the code and the hacker typed it in. Spike looked on confused.
“Okay,” he said. “What the hell is going on? What is with the seriousness?” The page came back up again. Fuji flew down beside the screen. She pointed to a diagram of Sakura's body.
“Spike,” she said. “This is a chart of Sakura. And this is a chart of Sakura's heart.” The cowboy looked on closely.
“Okay,” he said. “What exactly are we looking at?” Fuji turned to Ed and nodded. She clicked right on the heart. The image zoomed up closer. A little big hexagon was in the center of the chest. Spike leaned in close to the screen. Fuji pointed right to it.
“This is a shin heart,” she explained. “This is the piece that keeps a tenshi-chi pure from even when it is dormant. However, there comes a time when the shin heart is activated and the tenshi-chi becomes fallen.”
“So?” Spike asked. “What does this have to do with Sakura?” Fuji was nervous at first. The cowboy became slightly annoyed.
“Come on, spit it out!” he said. “I haven't got all day!” The pixie drew in a deep breath.
“Sakura has one whole shin heart and the half of another one in her heart!” she said at last. The cowboy looked at her confused.
“What do you mean?” he asked. “Is that good?”
“No,” Fuji said. “She is more likely to fall into darkness because of it.” Spike was slowly taking the warning seriously.
“Well…” he said. “What should we do?” Fuji sighed as she shrugged.
“We'll keep during the research,” she said. “In the mean time, keep Sakura and away from stress. That is one of the things that can cause a shin heart to become active.”
“Right!” Spike replied. The pixie breathed out again. Something told her that the tenshi-chi's stress wasn't going to be the only problem they had to deal with. For a simple problem was never really that! There is always a hitch involved…
Here was the hitch: Hell had caught wind of Sakura's shin heart. Lucifer was smiling wickedly to himself. Step one of the previous mission of Amadeus was complete. Now it was time for step two.
“You called for me, master?” the next demon asked.
“Why yes,” Lucifer said. “I want you to go test out Amadeus for me!” The demon had a grin up to his ears.
“Sure will!” he called.
“Do a good job,” his boss said. “Everything depends on this!”
“Right!” the demon said. Then, he rose up to the living realm. Lucifer grinned to himself wickedly. This should be a show to watch.
In Heaven, the news got to them fast. They were all equally worried about their darling tenshi-chi. Amadeus had made her too powerful for everyone's own good. A shin heart and a half was overkill. Anything could set off this system at any second now. The angel administrators assembled quickly. The meeting didn't take long either. There was only one decision to make here. Sakura had to be destroyed. If not, she could bring the end of the mystics in all of the levels of the Earth. Kaze-san caught wind of the news as well. She too was worried for Sakura along with Heaven and Hell. It was starting again. War was going to break out again!
Going to War Again