Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. Three, Chapter Twenty-Six: That's Not Fair! ( Chapter 26 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

That's Not Fair!
*Last Night*
Frankie sat up in the spare room in the cheap inn near a temple. She fists trembled.
“Bitch!” the tenshi-chi cursed herself. She replayed the battle in her head. It was supposed to be an easy battle. But, Sakura went brutal on her and nearly kissed her in the ocean. When Frankie woke up, she found herself a downtown clinic. She had slipped out in secret and keep into this inn. Frankie clenched her teeth.
“Fuck!” she yelled. “How the hell did she beat me?!? I'm supposed to be stronger than that little fairy!”
*Yesterday Morning*
Frankie sat in an empty classroom while the professor talked her ears off. He had drawn a chart of three shin hearts on the board.
“Every tenshi-chi has one shin heart,” he explained as he tapped each drawing with his pointer. “Sakura-chan has a shin heart and a half. You have two shin hearts.” Frankie fought hard not to fall asleep.
“So?” she asked.
“So,” the professor went on. “You are a fighter tenshi-chi. Because of this, you have two shin hearts. And two is stronger than one and a half. You can take out Sakura-chan easily.”
*Last Night*
Frankie gritted her teeth. “If that's so, then why did she beat me, smart ass?!?” she mumbled. The heated red filled up her eyes.
“I'M GOING TO GET THAT BITCH!!!” she yelled.
*This morning*
Sakura lied back on the bed and groaned. Spike lit up a cigarette. His girlfriend looked over at him.
“I'm bored!” she complained. Spike didn't response. She didn't remember what happened yesterday. Better that way. But yet, she had changed from yesterday. Sakura seemed to have become, oh, what was the word? Human-like. Normally, she didn't complain. But this morning, his girlfriend couldn't stop. Spike had some clue why. Now if only I could get it to stop, he thought. Suddenly, Sakura sat up.
“Let's go out today!” she said. Spike glanced at her.
“What?” he asked. Sakura leaned in close to his face. The cowboy backed up some.
“What?” he asked again. She cuddled up close to him at first. Then, the tenshi-chi grabbed onto him and they vanished in a flash. The couple reappeared outside in the sky. Spike jerked his head all around.
“What the hell?!?” he yelled. Sakura only laughed as she flew away with her boyfriend.
“Where are we going?!?” he asked. She only smiled at him.
“Anywhere,” the woman said. Spike raised an eyebrow at her.
“Anywhere?” he asked.
“Anywhere,” she replied. Spike gave her an odd look. The shin heart was starting to have effect her. The cowboy needed to watch her closer. It wouldn't take much for her to join the fallen. Sakura looked down on the ground. Playful music danced into her ear.
“There!” she said. The tenshi-chi dove down into the surface. Spike looked and made a face at the place of choice.
“A carnival?” he asked. He turned to his girlfriend. “Why here?” Sakura gave him a little shrug.
“Felt like it,” was all she said. The tenshi-chi grabbed him by the wrist and raced inside. Off to one side in the parking lot, Frankie watched them from behind a silver van. She licked her lips at her sweet revenge. I'm going to get your ass, bitch!, she thought. Then, Frankie turned invisible and followed them inside.
In five seconds, it became clear to Spike. This was Sakura's day. That meant she was in control of where they went and what they did in the fair. Only thing he could do was follow her around. The tenshi-chi looked around in the crowd to see where to go to first. She gasped when she looked up at the landscape ahead.
“I wanna ride that one!” she said as she pointed up ahead.
“Hm?” Spike asked as he looked up from lighting his cigarette. Another wave of puzzlement came over his face. She wanted to ride Shotgun, a thirty-four meter tall, 2,800 foot roller coaster with a ninety-nine foot drop. Spike glance over at her girlfriend.
“You sure about that?” he asked.
“YES!” Sakura almost shouted in his face. The cowboy held up his hands.
“Okay, okay,” he said. Her eyes began to twinkle as her lips quivered to cry out. Spike stopped her right there.
“No squealing,” he said. “Not in the mood, okay?” The tenshi-chi lowered her head.
“Sorry,” she said. Spike gave her a little smile.
“It's alright,” he said. He was just happy to see a little bit of her old self again. Sakura took even more control of the day. Spike just followed her around, looking bored. The girlfriend ended up with an arm-full of color stuffed bears. As they walked over to the beef noodle booth, she noticed his face.
“Are you bored?” the woman asked in the line. Spike looked up at her.
“Hm?” he asked. His girlfriend cuddled up close to him.
“I am so sorry to drag you out like this,” she said. The cowboy blinked at her.
“Hm? No, no,” he lied. “It's all good.”
“No,” Sakura insisted. “If you want to go now if you now…” Spike shook his head.
“I'll stay if it makes you happy,” he said. Sakura looked deep into his red eyes.
“Really?” she asked. He patted her on the head.
“Just enjoy today,” he said. Sakura smiled and nodded at him.
“Thank you, Spike-kun,” she murmured.
“Yeah, yeah,” the man mumbled to himself. They looked ahead at the long line. Further behind them in the line, Frankie watched their every move. It took so much for her to try and keep up with the couple. So far, no opportunity seemed right to strike an attack. Damn it, she thought. These people are just fucking in the way! She would just blast them all away, but the angel administration put such a strict limit on when to use her power. Frankie cussed herself in mind once again. Damn that bitch and that… that… cowboy!
But even still, someone was watching all of Sakura, Spike, and Frankie. The motives of this third party remained unclear for the time being. The cowboy and his girlfriend didn't think about that right now. Just six more people to go before they got lunch.
Eyes All Around