Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. Three, Chapter Twenty-Nine: Haven ( Chapter 29 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Haven
Evening on the Bebop.
Sakura collapsed back onto the sofa. Today at the hospital took too much out of her. She had Frankie to thank for that. Lucky for her she had Dr. Shoji to help her out.
*Flashback*
Someone touched her on the shoulder. “Is something wrong?”
Sakura jerked her head behind her. Dr. Shoji stood behind her with a concerned look on his face. The nurse blinked at him for a moment.
“Are you alright?” he asked. Sakura swallowed a bit at she turned her whole body to him.
“Heh?” she asked. It took her a moment to grasp what was going on. The woman slowly nodded.
“Yeah, yeah,” Sakura said. “I'm okay now.” She looked at him for a moment. “Is… something wrong?” The doctor bit on his lower lip.
“Well…” he said.
“It's Frankie, isn't it?” she asked.
“Kind of…”
“What did she do now?”
“Well…”
A loud scream came from the hospital. “God damn it!” Frankie screamed. Shoji lowered his head.
“There's that,” he said. Sakura raced into the building with him following behind.
*Now*
Sakura was just glad the day was over. But what to do with Frankie? She's not going to let go that easily. The tenshi-chi lowered her head in her hands.
Crap, she thought. Why is this becoming so… Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the door open. She looked up to see Spike walking in. He gave her a little wave.
“Yo,” he said. She nodded at him.
“Long day?” Spike asked.
“Yeah.”
He sat down next to her and lit up a cigarette. “Frankie, right?” Sakura pressed her lips together. Spike looked up at the ceiling.
“Ah,” he said. “You gonna do something about her?”
“I don't know how.”
“Ah.” Both sat in silence for a long moment. Sakura's eyes trailed over to her boyfriend. She suddenly began to remember a little secret that was deeply hidden in her unconsciousness until now. The woman didn't understand where it came from, but she felt like she had to run with it from there.
“Spike,” she said.
“Hm?” he asked. Sakura ran her finger around in circles on her right knee.
“I have something to show you,” she said. The cowboy glanced over at her.
“What?” he asked. The tenshi-chi completely turned to him.
“Hold out your hands,” she said. The cigarette drooped in her boyfriend's mouth.
“Why would I need to do that?” he asked.
“Please?” Sakura asked. Spike smiled as he humored her.
“Alright,” he said. The cowboy held out his hands. Sakura gently rested her fingertips on his upward palms. A warm light formed and swallowed them both.
Running water tickled Spike's ears. He opened his eyes looked around him. Lush green took over everything. Trees grew endlessly upwards to the sky. He tried to look down, but only stars spiraling downward gave him the feeling of floating. The man looked at his lover.
“Where are we?” he asked. Her wings grew and closed around them.
“I don't exactly have a name for this place,” Sakura said. “I just remember seeing this place in my memories.”
“How did we get here?” Spike asked.
“I used my mind to bring us here,” she said. Spike listened as the water flowed outside the feathers. Sakura's forehead gently touched his.
“You see,” she said. “I always wanted to bring you here.” Her amber eyes dimmed. “I don't have much time, do I?” Spike gave her a puzzled look.
“Why would you think that?” he asked. Sakura put her hand to her chest.
“It hurt in here today,” she said. “I can't understand why. What is wrong?” Spike gently put his hand on her shoulder.
“Don't worry about that now,” he said.
“But…”
He held her to his chest. “Shhh. We'll find out the cause of it.” Her heart raced at his touch. Her eyes slowly drew closed. The cowboy panted her on the head.
“Good, good,” he whispered to her. His attention turned back to the feather shield around them. He shook his head to himself.
“You worry too much, you know that?” he said. That was okay though. At least she was starting to grasp the situation around her. Clear sign of progression for her.
Progress Forward