InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The 500 Year Engagement ❯ The 500 Year Engagment - Unsealings and Unsettling Discoveries ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The 500-Year Engagement
Unsealings and Unsettling Discoveries
By Majicman55
 
Disclaimer: The characters from InuYasha” are not mine; they are the intellectual property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not benefit financially from these writings. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
“Oi. So how'd the shopping go?”
 
Kagome handed InuYasha a glass of lemonade. “You're going to hate me when you get the bill.”
 
“Feh.” The hanyou indicated the structure behind him where Miroku was nailing boards onto the roof. “What do you think, so far?”
 
“Cool, but isn't it a bit small?”
 
“What do you want? Indoor plumbing and a rec room?”
 
“They are our friends.”
 
“Kagome.” InuYasha took his mate by the hand and led her to sit with him under Goshinboku. “First, having a refuge that reminds them of home will be good. Second, they're going to be working as re-enactors. A fancy house won't help with that. And third, the shrine grounds aren't big enough to build another full-sized home out here.”
 
“Oh…yeah.” Kagome looked a bit worried. “But what about…well, you know? I mean, you're the one who brought up plumbing.”
 
“InuYasha pointed. “You see that hole in the ground?”
 
“InuYasha! You're not expecting them to…” Kagome paused when her mate started laughing.
 
“Feh! I guess it would fit in with re-enacting; but no, I don't expect them to go back to the old ways. Besides, that's not nearly far enough away from their house for that.”
 
“True.”
 
“There was an old sink in one of the shrine outbuildings, and I think there was even a toilet at one time.” The hanyou indicated the hole in the ground again. “Fortunately, the hut is near the plumbing for it. I'm not putting a full bath in, but they won't have to wake your Mama if someone has to go in the middle of the night.”
 
“Thanks, InuYasha. That'll be really important to Sango later on.”
 
“Feh. I remember having to get up with you and perform `guard duty' several times a night.”
 
“Back in the bad old days?”
 
InuYasha nuzzled the mark at the base of his mate's neck. “They weren't that bad.”
 
Kagome trembled and then giggled. “I wonder if Sango and Miroku will let us borrow their hut sometime.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome walked into the house and into the kitchen to find her Mama, Midori and Sango in the kitchen, chatting. Kagome got herself something to drink and joined them.
 
Most of the bags had been left in the living room, but the taijiya had a few of the packages at the table. She held up one of the items from Sesshoumaru's Secret and addressed Mama Higurashi. “Do women really wear these things?”
 
Mama blushed slightly. “Umm…good girls wear them for their husbands, dear.”
 
“I know Rin wears it. She said she almost has to, since it's her husband's business.” Sango grinned. “I never would have imagined Sesshoumaru as the Lingerie Lord of Japan.”
 
Something clicked in Mama Higurashi's head. “Sesshoumaru?” She turned towards her daughter. “This Sesshoumaru…is the same Sesshoumaru who is InuYasha's brother?”
 
Kagome nodded “yes.”
 
“The same Sesshoumaru that traveled with a little girl named…Rin?”
 
Again, Kagome nodded “yes.”
 
“Oh my.” Mama Higurashi blushed deep red.
 
“Mama?”
 
“Your father wasn't sure we were ready for a child yet. I...seduced him…wearing lingerie from Sesshoumaru's Secret.”
 
“M-Mama?”
 
“Oh dear,” said Mama. “I guess what goes around, comes around.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Lingerie?” thought Sota. “Why are they talking about lingerie?” Kagome's younger brother had heard the word before. He had the idea that it was something women slept in…something that made them feel “sexy.” The thought made him ill. Sure, he no longer thought girls were gross. He even had a girlfriend. But he just wasn't ready to think about them wearing lingerie.
 
And these were his Mama and his ni-chan.
 
So he definitely wasn't ready to think about girls in lingerie.
 
Sota turned around and quietly headed back upstairs to his room.
 
On the other hand, his best friend on the soccer team had a computer in his room…
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome and her ji-chan stood under Goshinboku, surrounded by Mama, Sota, InuYasha, Miroku and Sango. The taijiya was actually wearing one of the new outfits they had bought at the mall and Miroku was sneaking peeks at the amount of leg exposed by a skirt that was almost as short as Kagome's. Midori was not present, having gone back to her hotel saying she had something to do.
 
“Now, grandpa,” said Kagome, “remember what I told you. If you even go near InuYasha with a sutra, I'll re-seal you so fast, your head will spin.”
 
“Kagome…you shouldn't speak to your elders that way.”
 
“I'm five hundred and sixteen years old, grandpa.”
 
Kagome's ji-chan had drawn himself up and puffed out his chest. Now he let his breath out and slumped over again. “Oh…right. I forgot that, granddaughter.”
 
Kagome smiled, understanding his meaning. Regardless of her age, he was still her grandfather. “Thank you, ji-chan.” She looked at the others. “I will need to concentrate.”
 
Everyone nodded their assent.
 
Kagome focused her attention on her grandfather. After a moment, she detected the subdued aura surrounding the old man. Miroku was right. This was clearly her work. She examined the seal and its structure came back to her. Slowly, carefully, she pealed back one layer after another until she reached the final bit.
 
Then it was done.
 
She examined her grandfather's aura. While it wasn't as bright as her own, it did approach Midori's level. “Do you feel any different, grandpa?”
 
The old man slowly turned red. “I-I'm not sure.” He blushed even more. “I really can't say.”
 
Kagome got an idea. “Why don't you tell InuYasha?”
 
“I guess I could.” The old man edged over to the hanyou, motioned for him to lower his head and then whispered into his ear.
 
InuYasha listened at first with a look of wonder on his face, but that rapidly changed to a grin, followed by raucous laughter, much to the old man's consternation.
 
Kagome sent a question to InuYasha. “What did he say?”
 
“He said that Sango has great legs and he just got his first erection in seven years.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome, InuYasha, Sango and Miroku examined the results of their weekend of work. While the hut wasn't finished, it was under roof and the exterior walls were done. There were even tatami mats for the windows and the door, thanks to Kagome and Sango, so the monk and the demon slayer would have their privacy.
 
Most of what had to be completed was on the inside. The small bathroom wasn't done yet, although the sink worked and InuYasha would get the other things he needed to finish it tomorrow.
 
And since tomorrow would be Monday, Kagome was happy that her mate would be busy and wouldn't be following her to school.
 
She was still afraid of what she might run into, thanks to Midori.
 
The four friends sat around the fire pit that had been constructed inside the undivided hut. It was a little chilly out that evening, so they were trying it out to heat the inside of the structure. Miroku was watching Kagome hold a stick over the fire.
 
“What is that?”
 
“It's called a marshmallow. They're good if you toast them over the fire, but you have to be careful `cause they catch on fire…EEP!” Kagome pulled the stick back and blew out the flaming marshmallow. “Darn it!” She blew on it a couple more times; then ate it. “Hot-hot-hot-hot!”
 
Miroku blinked once, twice.
 
“Oh, there still good. It's just sort of a challenge to toast them without catching `em on fire.”
 
“I…see.”
 
Kagome handed Miroku and Sango each a stick with a marshmallow on it. “You two try. The trick is to get `em hot and melty on the inside and golden brown on the outside. Then they're perfect.”
 
Sango held her stick over the fire. “What about InuYasha?”
 
“Feh.”
 
“Oh, he doesn't like marshmallows.” Kagome smiled. “If you ever see someone toss a marshmallow to a dog, they chew it this way and that and they usually wind up spitting it out.”
 
“I ain't no dog!”
 
“Oh, I'm sorry, InuYasha.” Kagome propped her stick up, then turned to the hanyou and pulled him over to lean into her. “I'm sorry if I offended you.” She began scratching InuYasha under one arm.
 
InuYasha relaxed and a smile of pure enjoyment was on his face. His leg began moving along with Kagome's scratching.
 
Kagome scratched a little harder and faster. “I'm so sorry, puppy.”
 
InuYasha realized his leg was moving. “HEY!”
 
Everyone else was laughing.
 
 
******************
 
 
Miroku woke up to a knock at the door.
 
“Miroku.”
 
“InuYasha?”
 
“Thought you might want to come with me.”
 
There were rustling noises, as of someone hurrying to get dressed.
 
“Oi, you might want to hold up on that. Is Sango decent?”
 
“Much better than decent.” There was the sound of a dull thud. “Yes…ow…she's fine.”
 
“Good, `cause I've got something for you to wear.”
 
“Really? But, InuYasha. How can you go into town?”
 
The hanyou pulled the mat aside and stepped into the hut.
 
“Your hair, it's…dark. And your eyes. It's not the night of the new moon, is it? Wait. It's not even night.”
 
“It's been five hundred years, bouzu,” answered the hanyou. “Don't you think I might have picked up a few tricks by now?”
 
“But…”
 
“But Kagome is a strong miko, and we've shared blood. She picked up a few things from me, and I picked up a few from her.” InuYasha paused. “But there's one thing.”
 
“Yes, my friend?”
 
“I can only hold it as long as I can keep my concentration.” InuYasha tossed the clothes at the monk. “Put these on. I guessed your size.”
 
“What are these?”
 
“They're called jeans.”
 
 
******************
 
 
“What do you think, dear Sango?”
 
The taijiya found herself staring at Miroku. Before now, she had always seen him in his robe or (she blushed slightly) naked. But these “jeans” InuYasha had picked out were just on the edge of being too small. In fact, they were…tight.
 
…and they made Miroku's ass look great.
 
Sango shook her head. Had she really thought that?
 
“What is it, Sango?”
 
InuYasha was standing in the doorway. “Would you come on? We don't have all day, you know.”
 
Miroku turned towards the door. “Coming, InuYaSHAAAA!” The monk whipped around. “Sango!”
 
“Sorry.”
 
Miroku hurried out with InuYasha before poor Sango was even more embarrassed. As the two walked down to the street, Miroku finally spoke. “I can't believe Sango did that.”
 
“You want maybe I should buy you some more jeans while we're out getting your toilet?”
 
Miroku smiled. “I guess it's important to fit in.”
 
“Keh.”
 
“Are we taking one of those self-moving carts, InuYasha?”
 
A large vehicle pulled up beside them and stopped. “Get in, you two. My master has bade me take you shopping.”
 
Miroku stared at the goggle-eyed and vaguely amphibian driver. “Why, Jaken, quite a surprise to see you here.”
 
“Just get in before I leave you standing, ungrateful human.”
 
“Still as surly as ever, I see.” Miroku turned back to his friend. “Odd, isn't it? Five hundred years ago, we'd be leaving on a quest to find jewel shards. Now we're leaving on a quest for a…”
 
InuYasha opened the door. “Just get in.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome had been a little surprised when Ayumi, Eri and Yuka didn't show for the walk to school, but at least she had Rin's company.
 
“I'm sure it won't be that bad, Kagome,” said Rin. “Even if Midori did get a little carried away, she didn't have sex with the boy.”
 
“Still…EEP.”
 
Kagome had looked up to find Hojo waiting at the school door for her. The poor boy looked terribly embarrassed.
 
“Ka-Kalgome.”
 
“Oh. Hello, Hojo.” She couldn't look the boy in the eye. She kept trying to, but she just couldn't.
 
“I'm sorry about the other night.”
 
“It's okay. Really.”
 
He held a bag out to Kagome. “I've been doing some research. It's perfectly normal for a teenage boy to get really excited his first time.”
 
“I…I'm sure it is.” Kagome couldn't help thinking about her first time with InuYasha. “Dog-boy kept me up all night.”
 
“It's a special, desensitizing cream, Kagome. It should make our next experience more…enjoyable.”
 
Kagome stared at the package in her hands. She handed it back to him. “Maybe you should hold onto this.” She couldn't believe it when Hojo actually bowed to her.
 
“I will bring it on our next date.”
 
“Huh?” Kagome watched as Hojo turned and rushed into the school. “Wait…damnit!”
 
Rin walked up and put her hand on Kagome's shoulder. “That's what you get for not telling him `no' when you had the chance.”
 
Kagome just glared at Rin for an instant before both girls entered the school to get ready for their first class. Just as Kagome finished at her locker, a girl from the previous grade, who Kagome recognized as having a crush on Hojo, confronted her.
 
“You should not have treated Hojo-chan that way! It was wrong!” The girl slapped her, turned in a huff and left.
 
While Rin was checking to see if she was alright, Kagome looked up to see the reaction of her classmates. Most of the girls were turning their noses up and walking away from her. She could tell that some of the boys were sharing snide comments.
 
“Oh boy.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Up in the third floor walk-up apartment in a seedy part of Tokyo, an excited man worked on his “treasure.”
 
“It's all soft-core,” he thought. If he processed a few of the images in the extreme, he could just make out the occasional shape of a nipple. He had to track down these girls!
 
“If only they bought something,” he thought. “They look like they're really into it.” He began typing into his computer. “Sesshoumaru's Secret is no different from any other business. All I've got to do is hack into their sales records and compare the time stamp on the pictures to the time on the receipts.”
 
It took him a couple of hours, but he found it. Barely a half dozen sales in the half hour after the pictures were taken. “A slow day,” he thought. Good for him. He compared the records of the six sales with records obtained in a similarly illegal fashion from the Tokyo DMV. “Kagome Higurashi, aged twenty-three.” He looked at the picture on the license and the picture from the lingerie shop. “She looks sixteen.”
 
He continued searching for data on her, hoping to find some useful information, and was surprised by what he found. There was another listing for a girl by the same name, attending a local school. “Must be another Kagome Higurashi.” Out of curiosity, he called up the file.
 
It was the same photo. “Huh? Does this girl lead some kind of double life?”
 
The record said she lived at the Higurashi Shrine. “What's going on here?” He called up the two files…the DMV file and the school file…side by side, on his dual monitors. “Same girl. Gotta be the same girl. His eyes narrowed. “And if I find her, I bet I will find the other girls, too.”
 
He called up the images from the lingerie shop again. “I was gonna market you four as soft porn, but now I've got you!”
 
The man opened a beer and took a drink. “So you're a shrine girl, huh?” He clinked the bottle against the monitor screen.
 
“A little blackmail, and I am so-o-o rich.”
 
 
 
A/N: Not quite what we expected from Kagome's ji-chan, huh? Oh well, maybe there's more to come on that front. The hut's almost done, Sango likes Miroku in jeans, Kagome discovers there's trouble for her in academia…and that seedy guy is back.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks! Oh, and again, more reviews = more inspiration for new chapters.