InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The 500 Year Engagement ❯ The 500 Year Engagement - Walking Gingerly through a Sore Subject ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The 500-Year Engagement
Walking Gingerly through Sore Subjects
By Majicman55
 
Disclaimer: The characters from InuYasha” are not mine; they are the intellectual property of Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, Yomiuri TV, Sunrise, and Viz. I do not benefit financially from these writings. I just like to play with the characters.
 
 
When Jaken dropped Rin and Midori off in front of the shrine Monday morning, Kagome was waiting at the bottom of the shrine steps.
 
“Ready?”
 
Both girls answered, “hai” and they started towards school.
 
“That was quite an adventure you had, mom.” Midori had gotten the lowdown from her mother in a cell phone call while her parents were driving home. “Wasn't it scary being inside a giant shark youkai?”
 
Kagome shrugged. “I've been inside youkai before.”
 
“The time Naraku trapped you inside a stone ogre…right, Kagome?”
 
The miko turned. “That's right, Rin. Of course, that time I wasn't alone, and I was able to help InuYasha get us out.”
 
“That's right. You were all alone this time.” Rin looked down. “I don't know what I'd do if Lord Sesshoumaru wasn't around to protect me.”
 
Kagome smiled. “You didn't call him `Fluffy.' I think you respect him more than you let on.”
 
Rin seized Kagome's arm. “Oh, please don't tell him!” When after several seconds of cajoling, Kagome finally agreed not to tell, both girls dissolved into laughter.
 
“Am I missing something?” asked Midori.
 
Kagome finally managed to stop giggling. “Lord Sesshoumaru, the Great Lord of the Western Lands, sometimes gets a little full of himself. Rin calls him `Fluffy' for that reason.”
 
“Oh, I see.”
 
“Also, we have great sex afterwards.”
 
“Rin!” exclaimed Kagome. “Not in front of my daughter!”
 
“Oh, mom! I'm not exactly a kid, anymore.” Midori smiled evilly. “Besides…what am I going to do? Get horny and put Hojo through his paces?”
 
Kagome had just enough time to scowl at her daughter before she caught sight of Ayumi, Eri and Yuka waiting for them at the corner. “Better stop calling me `mom' now.” Kagome jogged ahead to meet her old school friends, but then winced and exclaimed “ow-ow-ow” as she brought herself to a stop.
 
“What's wrong, Kagome?” asked Yuka.
 
Eri was studying Kagome closely. “Did you pull a muscle?”
 
“I think I pulled all kinds of muscles,” complained Kagome as she shifted gingerly from foot to foot.
 
Ayumi covered her mouth with her hand. All three of the girls knew Kagome had gone on a beach weekend with her “jealous, possessive boyfriend,” but Ayumi was the first two put two and two (or, rather, one and one) together. “Oh, Kami. You did it.”
 
By this time, Midori and Rin had caught up. “Did what?” said Midori.
 
Kagome was paying very close attention to her feet as a blush overtook her features.
 
“She and that boyfriend of hers…they…they did it.”
 
“It?” said Yuka.
 
Ayumi grabbed Yuka's shoulders and shook the poor girl. “I-I-I-It!”
 
“Oh-h-h. OH!”
 
“Kagome!” gasped Rin, in mock surprise. Both Rin and Midori knew that this was all part of Kagome's plan to get the rumors flying.
 
The miko looked up, still blushing. She locked eyes with Rin and struggled not to bust out laughing. Kagome then caught sight of Eri, who was just coming out of her reverie.
 
“Ka-Kagome?”
 
“Eri?”
 
“You and InuYasha?” Eri circled her thumb and forefinger and moved her other forefinger hesitantly back and forth through the circle.
 
There was an immediate guffaw and Kagome's attention snapped to Midori who had recovered quickly enough to make it look like she was sobbing into Rin's shoulder. “Our poor, innocent Kagome!”
 
Rin looked surprised at first…then realized what Midori had said, and began having even greater trouble containing herself.
 
Kagome glared at both girls for a moment; then turned back to Eri and nodded slowly, hardly lifting her eyes from the ground.
 
Eri dropped her arms to her sides and wailed, “Our Kagome's not a virgin, anymore!”
 
Everything went silent. Everyone on the whole block stopped what they were doing and stared in the girls' direction. To Kagome, it seemed like even the passing cars had gone silent.
 
It ended as suddenly as it had begun…as everyone realized they were being impolite and returned to whatever they were doing. The blush on the miko's face didn't leave immediately, though. It remained with her the rest of the way to school.
 
 
******************
 
 
“It was that damned barrier.”
 
Mr. Sato looked up from his glass. “When did I start drinking this early in the day?” He regarded Kano coldly. The alcohol was making Mr. Sato brave. “You, my friend, were stupid.”
 
“What did you say?”
 
Katashi found himself held at arms length, his feet dangling in the air. If he had been sober, he would have been terrified. Instead, he put both hands together and brought them down solidly on Kano's nose.
 
Kano rocked back into his chair, stunned. It only took him a moment to recover, though. “You're a weak human! What did you do to me?”
 
Katashi sat back down. Standing was making him dizzy, anyway. “I was watching a nature show the other day, and it said that a shark's nose was sensitive to a strong blow. I merely wondered if that went for shark youkai, too.”
 
Kano growled.
 
Mr. Sato took a look at Kano's feral grin and, deciding discretion was the better part of valor, leaned back in his chair instead of forward, across the desk. “Now that I have your attention…as I said before, you were stupid.”
 
“You had better have something important to say, Mr. Sato. I just might be getting hungry.”
 
“If you had held on a few more minutes, you would have won.”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
Katashi poured himself another drink. This conversation was draining his courage, but he couldn't quit now. “Oxygen.”
 
“Oxy-what?”
 
“Air. It's what you breathe. Even shark youkai breathe, don't they?”
 
“What of it?”
 
“You had her inside you, underwater. Her barrier might have been too strong for you, but she couldn't get any more air. Once she used up what she had…” Mr. Sato wrapped his hands around his own neck and gasped as though struggling to breathe. After a few moments of these theatrics, he stopped, picked up his glass and drained it. “You just didn't wait long enough. That was stupid.”
 
Kano leaned back in his chair. He hadn't thought about the miko's need for air…yet it hadn't been as simple as Mr. Sato had thought. The girl had power and might have found a way to purify him. As it was, she had found a way to attack while inside him. Still, what Mr. Sato had said had merit…and, being a land dweller, he would have a better idea how to attack another land dweller.
 
Besides, killing Mr. Sato now would mean that he would have to find someone else he could control, who had connections. Kano leaned forward. “Very well, Mr. Sato. You will prepare our next move. But it had better work, or I might decide you'd serve me better as…dinner.”
 
Mr. Sato poured himself another drink.
 
 
******************
 
 
All three girls sat together, having their lunch at the base of an old tree just outside the school. There was something about big, old trees that Kagome found comforting…although this one didn't do much for the soreness between her legs.
 
“That's quite an act you're putting on, mom.”
 
“Hmmm?”
 
Rin looked overtop her sandwich at the miko. “Midori's right. Most people would have slipped up at least once and walked normally. Yet, as I remember, you've been walking gingerly since we met you this morning at the shrine.”
 
“Oh, well, as to that…” Kagome blushed slightly as she duplicated Eri's little finger through the circled forefinger and thumb routine.
 
Midori's eyes widened. “Mom!”
 
“Shhhh!”
 
“Are you trying to tell me…you and dad…till you were sore?”
 
“Doesn't surprise me.”
 
Both Kagome and Midori looked at Rin…one with annoyance, the other with amusement.
 
“I've been around you for five hundred years, Kagome. I know you. I know your appetite. I remember the castle servants complaining about being kept awake at night by your screams.”
 
Kagome realized Midori was staring at her. “You never complained about it to me.”
 
“Why should I?” Rin took a sip of her drink. “It made Fluffy horny.”
 
“Come to think of it, I seem to remember lots of screaming coming from your room in between…”
 
“TOO MUCH INFORMATION!”
 
All three girls went silent. When Kagome looked up, she found Ayumi, Eri and Yuka walking up to them. “Hi, guys.”
 
Ayumi spoke for all three. “You. After school. WacDonald's. You're gonna spill.” Ayumi and the other two girls spun around and headed back into the school.
 
Kagome shrugged. “Thanks, Midori. That couldn't have worked out any better if I had planned it.”
 
“Something tells me you did.”
 
Kagome didn't answer, but, behind her, Rin was smiling and shaking her head up and down in vigorous agreement.
 
 
******************
 
 
 
The policeman looked up that steps that led to the Higurashi Shrine. There had been several reports of odd goings-on at the shrine as of late, and he had been assigned to look into the matter. Just as he set his foot on the first step, he heard a slight whooshing sound and looked up. A large boomerang spun through the sky, making a long and lazy loop that would carry it back into the shrine grounds.
 
The officer hurried up the steps.
 
There, to his amazement, stood a young woman dressed all in black, except for some rather odd and ancient armor that provided some padded protection. The girl was so intent in watching the boomerang that she didn't even notice the officer. Indeed, the flying object was circling back to her.
 
As it did, the officer realized how big it really was. He felt he should call for the girl to duck, yet she showed no fear…so he assumed the object was big, but light.
 
As the object reached her, the girl thrust one(!) hand into the air and caught it almost effortlessly.
 
The officer stepped forward. “Sorry to bother you, miss…”
 
Surprised, the taijiya whirled around in a defensive posture.
 
The officer had barely enough time to react, when a man wearing a monk's habit emerged from a primitive-looking hut on the other side of the shrine grounds. “Relax, Sango. I don't think this gentleman means us any harm.”
 
The man's warm smile and friendly tone helped the officer to relax. “I apologize for startling you, Miss. “
 
The monk stepped forward, beside the girl. “You are a police-man.”
 
“Yes, sir.” The officer wondered at the man's affected speech, but he seemed friendly enough. “We've had reports of strange happenings, here. Loud screams at night…and sightings of what I assume is that rather large boomerang…”
 
“Hiraikotsu,” corrected Sango.
 
“Hiraikotsu?” Isn't that a weapon that was used for demon slaying?”
 
Miroku smiled as he used one hand to rub the back of his head. “Ah, yes. Well, as you can see by our dress, we are re-enactors.”
 
“Here? At the shrine?”
 
“Yes, my good fellow. I play a monk of great spiritual power.” Miroku noticed that Sango's eye was twitching. “And my fiancé plays the part of a `taijiya' during our little exhibitions.”
 
The officer had watched as a small cat emerged from the hut and crossed the grounds to sit by the girl's feet. “You have been hired to do shows?” Was it his imagination, or did the cat have two tails?
 
“Exactly so. I even tell fortunes. Although I usually tell the fortunes of young ladies, I would be happy to give a demonstration.” The monk stopped talking when he felt a distinct chill running up his spine.
 
“I'm sure that won't be necessary,” said the officer as he turned to Sango, “but I must ask to see that fancy boomerang. If you threw it wrong, it could hurt someone or damage someone's property.”
 
Sango was starting to look angry.
 
“I assure you, my fiancé has full control over it.” Miroku turned to Sango. Show the nice police-man your Hiraikotsu.”
 
The taijiya was still bristling over the fortune-telling remark, but did what the monk asked. She held her weapon out for the officer to hold and examine.
 
The officer held out his hands to take the object.
 
<THUNK>
 
He fumbled with the thing, barely able to keep it from falling over. “You…throw this?”
 
“It takes years of practice to handle it properly.” Sango took her weapon back from the officer and held it up high so she could regard it closely. “At least you didn't chip it.”
 
The officer gulped and backed away slightly. Clearly the girl and the man were who they said they were. Only a well-trained professional could have handled that giant boomerang the way that girl did. Already, the policeman couldn't wait to leave, go back to the station, and write his report. Yet he had a policeman's disposition and couldn't resist asking questions. “So you play a monk. And what is your specialty?”
 
“Me?” said Miroku. “Why, my good man, I specialize in sutras. All illusions, of course.”
 
“May I see?”
 
A mischievous smile graced the good monk's face, and before Sango could stop him, he pulled a slip of paper from his sleeve and threw it down at the policeman's feet.
 
There was a puff of smoke and a “demon” appeared. The lower half was that of a cat with an obscenely flexible tail, while the upper half was that of a naked woman…who reminded Sango of a lecherous combination of her and Kagome's features. The apparition stepped back from the officer and appeared to regard him closely. It pulled one clawed hand back.
 
“Sango,” whispered Miroku. “Would you please do the honors?”
 
The taijiya glowered at the monk, but unlimbered her Hiraikotsu again and swung the weapon through the “demon” - which broke in two and vanished in another puff of smoke.
 
“Qui-Quite an illusion,” gasped the cowering officer.
 
“We are professionals.”
 
“Yes, I see that.” The officer backed towards the steps; then turned and fairly flew down them. He would write a report that would guarantee they'd never send him back here.
 
Miroku and Sango watched him go.
 
“That was easy enough,” said Miroku. “OW!”
 
Sango led him back to their hut by his ear. “You and I are going to have a little conversation about that `demon' you conjured up.”
 
 
******************
 
 
Kagome, Rin and Midori sat in the corner booth in WacDonald's.
 
“I notice you're walking normally again, mom.”
 
“Thanks for the reminder. That's one of the problems with taking on some of the characteristics of your father: I heal so quickly.”
 
“I can't believe you had dad do that to you.”
 
Rin set her drink down. “Your mother likes rough sex, dear.”
 
Kagome glowered at Rin, but then the two girls couldn't help laughing. “You should talk!”
 
“Mom?”
 
Kagome sighed. “Rin is correct. Besides, it's easy to get carried away with your mate right after you've almost lost your life.”
 
“It was really that close?”
 
Before Kagome could answer, there was a commotion at the door.
 
“There you are!” said Ayumi. “I thought you ditched us.”
 
Ayumi, Eri and Yuka marched up to the booth and slid in, two girls on one side and one on the other. Kagome wasn't getting away.
 
“Now you're going to tell us all about it.”
 
“All?” said Kagome. “You want all the details?”
 
“Yeah!” said Eri.
 
“Spill!” chimed in Yuka.
 
“This should be good,” muttered Midori.
 
 
******************
 
 
“You understand what I want you to do.”
 
The man, who bore an uncanny resemblance to a weasel, looked at the picture again. “You want me to spy on this girl and report back to you on her activities and any plans of hers I may discover.”
 
“This is correct.” Mr. Sato tossed a bundle of cash in front of the man. “Think of that as a down payment. Bring me something I can use and you will get ten times that.”
 
The man riffled the cash. “What do you have against this girl? You want to blackmail her? You said she lives at a shrine. Shrine girls usually aren't rich.”
 
“You ask too many questions.”
 
The weasel-looking man's attention snapped to the shadows where all he could see was a silhouette. As he looked, he had the distinct impression of a shark. But that was ridiculous. “Who are you? I didn't see you before.”
 
“As I said, you ask too many questions.”
 
The silhouette leaned forward. The man thought the shadowy figure was smiling at him, but there were impossibly too many teeth.
 
“You would be wise to take the money, and your curiosity, and get to work…if you ask me.”
 
“I…I understand.” The nervous man stood up and left, quickly.
 
 
******************
 
 
Midori groaned inwardly. Mom was laying it on thick, alright. Plus MIdori wasn't sure whether Rin was smiling more at the story or at her discomfiture at having to listen to her mom's sexual adventure.
 
“At least you had the sense to bring condoms, Kagome,” said Eri.
 
“Oh we ran out of those the first night,” said the miko.
 
“I thought you said you brought a whole box,” exclaimed Yuka.
 
“I did.”
 
“You ran out the first night?”
 
Midori heard a muffled sob and looked to the side when she felt Rin grab her shoulder. The girl's back was heaving as she (apparently) sobbed into her shoulder at the description of poor Kagome's supposed deflowerment. Midori rolled her eyes. She knew Rin was laughing uncontrollably.
 
“InuYasha's appetite is insatiable.”
 
There was a loud splutter from Rin, followed by more “sobs.” Midori's shoulder was getting wet, but it wasn't from tears. More like spit.
 
“So you had to stop, then,” said Ayumi.
 
Both Eri and Yuka groaned. The two girls had listened intently as Kagome described losing her virginity (painful, but not as bad as she thought)…followed by hours of lovemaking interrupted only by the need to discard one condom and replace it with another.
 
“Ummmm, no.”
 
“No?” said Ayumi.
 
Both Eri and Yuka gasped and leaned forward, unconsciously urging Kagome to go on.
 
“I knew I should…but I didn't.” Kagome looked down and blushed. “Inu…InuYasha still wanted me. He held my arms above my head with one hand while he suckled my breasts. His other hand trailed its way up the insides of my thighs.”
 
“And?” said Eri and Yuka in unison.
 
Ayumi looked at the two girls with annoyance. “And?”
 
“Before I knew it, my thighs were parting of their own accord!” exclaimed Kagome.
 
The whole restaurant went quiet. All six girls hunkered down and tried to speak quietly.
 
“Go on, then.”
 
“Then I felt him, all hard again, poking at me…and I knew I should be a good girl and stop…but then he started to slide in. And I knew I was completely unprotected and should stop immediately, but he kept sliding in…deeper and deeper.
 
“You mean he forced himself on you?”
 
“N-No.” Kagome continued. “I think he must have been more excited, too, `cause he felt even bigger than before.”
 
“Yes?” That was all three of Kagome's old friends.
 
Kagome used a WacDonald's napkin to dab away a tear. “Finally, he was all the way in…and it felt like he was deeper than ever…and something inside me snapped.”
 
“Yes?”
 
“My legs wrapped around his waist. He stopped holding my arms above my head and I wrapped them around him, too. I couldn't get enough of him as he thrust into me…and I met every thrust!”
 
“YES?”
 
“Finally he said he was about to…well, you know…and said he'd have to pull out, but…but…I wouldn't let him!”
 
“Kagome?” Ayumi stared at Kagome. The other two girls were too into the story…and too busy panting.
 
Kagome put her hands on Ayumi's shoulders. “I…I held him with my legs, Ayumi!” Kagome looked into Ayumi's eyes, the tears welling up into her own. “It was like I was possessed by a demon!”
 
Both girls turned at the loud guffaw. Midori was doing her best to keep a stone face and Rin was still “sobbing” into her shoulder. Rin had extended her arm and was waving in a “don't worry about me, just go on” motion.
 
Kagome and Ayumi turned back to focus on each other. “I couldn't help it, Ayumi. I knew it was wrong, but I held him in while he…well, you know.”
 
“Kagome!”
 
“I never felt like that in my life. I just shook and shook and shook…as we screamed each other's names into the night.”
 
Ayumi felt “hot” and was panting as well. “Kagome, you took an awful chance.” She forced herself to smile. “But at least you had already made love a…dozen…times. He couldn't have had much left.”
 
“Oh no,” sobbed Kagome. `It shot back out around the base.”
 
Yuka and Eri had stopped wriggling in their seats and were just staring at Kagome.
 
Ayumi tried her best to reassure her friend. “But you only gave into that once. I know our Kagome. She's too smart to let that happen more than once. Right?”
 
“Yeah. That was all for that night.”
 
“See?”
 
“But there was the next night.”
 
“But you bought more condoms.”
 
“No.” Kagome almost smiled at Ayumi's horror, but managed to retain her own, pained expression. “There was no point.”
 
“You…You mean you…”
 
Kagome looked almost wistful. “Yeahhhh. Several times.”
 
Both Yuka and Eri climbed out of the booth.
 
“Gotta go,” said Yuka. The girl seemed almost to be shaking and her skin held a fine sheen of perspiration. She muttered something about having to get home, turned and hurried off.
 
“Same here,” announced Eri. The flustered girl was so nervous that she actually bowed to the others before excusing herself, muttering something about batteries and rushing out of the restaurant.
 
Ayumi was fighting the urge to rush home and find a little privacy for herself. Fortunately, she was a little more levelheaded and had more self-control than the other two girls. “Kagome?”
 
“Yes, Ayumi?” Kagome was fighting hard not to laugh. She knew why Yuka and Eri had hurried home.
 
“There's no delicate way to ask this. When was your last period?”
 
“Hmmm.” For effect, Kagome pretended she was counting on her fingers. “A day or two over two weeks.”
 
Ayumi stared at her friend.
 
“Should I worry?”
 
 
 
 
A/N: THAT ought to get the rumor mill started for sure! But I don't think Kano and Mr. Sato are done yet. Things might be interesting by the end of the week.
 
As always, please read and review. Thanks! Oh, and again, more reviews = more inspiration for new chapters.
 
On a personal note, sorry for the delay in updating, but I help with an annual, local fair…and last week was Fair Week.