InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Yesterday's Tomorrows ❯ Union ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha or any character created by Rumiko Takahashi
Lemon warning


Yesterday’s Tomorrows


Chapter 2: Union


From a tiny spark
a great fire can roar to life.
Watch the beginnings -
The journeys of many miles
Start with the first loving steps.




“Be with me,” InuYasha said, finding himself lost in Kagome's blue-gray eyes. His heart pounded in his ears as he spoke. “Be with me, tonight, tomorrow, always.”

“Always,” Kagome replied.

A piece of wood in the fire pit loudly popped, exploding with a spray of sparks. Both InuYasha and Kagome turned to look, and she began to giggle.

"Oi, woman, what's so funny?" the hanyou asked. He unwound his arm reluctantly from around her to lean over towards the fire pit. Poking at the burning wood with a stick, he stirred it, and looked back over his shoulder. "Well?"

"It made me think of fireworks," Kagome said, smiling. "Our own private fireworks for our own private celebration."

"After all we went through, we deserve some fireworks," InuYasha said, amused. The light reflected redly off his silver hair, giving him an otherworldly glow as he tended the fire. He looked up at her, a touch of a smile on his face, his ears, with their twitching, giving away his nervousness. Satisfied with his work, he tossed the stick on top of the burning wood, kicking up a few more sparks, then walked back to where Kagome sat, taking a seat behind her. Wrapping his arms around her waist, he snuggled her up against his chest.

“InuYasha,” she murmured. His arms around her waist swathed her in his sleeves, and his arched legs framed hers. Breathing deep, she let his woodsy scent wash over her, and felt the comfort of the touch of his youki cover them like a blanket. “I’ve missed you holding me,” she said, relaxing against him.

For a moment, they sat quietly and watched the fire. Then Kagome moved her left hand over one of his.“I’ve dreamed of being with you like this,” she said. “Sometimes, I would daydream about how I would get you somewhere all alone - maybe I’d fall into icy water or a winter storm and you’d have to take care of me, take my wet things off and get me warm.” She laughed a little.

InuYasha pulled her a little closer. “I dreamed about you, too.” He nuzzled the side of her face, his breath teasing the shell of her ear and she shivered. “Alone at night with no monk or Kitsune or slayer, just me and you sitting by the fire or by a hot spring under the full moon, me with my arms wrapped around you.” He swallowed, and his voice grew husky. “In my dreams, it didn’t stop there.”

Pausing, he drew a deep breath. “I wanted you months before we fought Naraku, but I was so afraid that something was going to screw up our lives. I had to protect you, so I kept my dreams to myself. It was hard, damn hard. I wanted you so badly, but it was the right thing to do.” He sighed. “But today, when I saw you at the bottom of the well, looking up at me, I knew. The time for dreams is over. Dreams aren’t enough anymore. I want to do more than dream.”

Kagome twisted in his lap to look at him. “Dreams aren’t enough. When the well opened, I knew. That’s why I’m here.”

“Kagome,” he breathed. His lips found the corner of her mouth, then trailed down her jaw to her neck, planting small kisses. Kagome made small pleasure noises as his mouth trailed down to the neckline of her blouse. Her neck bared to him stirred something deep within him, possessive and pleased.

Her hand slid to his thigh as she shifted in his arms, then stayed there, drawing little designs. “When you were dreaming of me,” she asked, “What did you do besides hold me?”

“I dreamed of touching you in ways that made you feel pleasure. And I dreamed that you touched me to do the same.”

“Show me,” she said.

His hands loosened from around her waist, and he slid one hand up her torso and cupped her breast. “Is this all right, Koibito?” he asked. Arching into his touch, she nodded.

Kagome took his other hand, and slid it under the hem of her blouse and closed her eyes as his fingers gently explored the softness of her skin. His touch ignited something in her, like fire, and she moaned softly at the sensation, melting into his arms as he explored. He shifted her, cradling her in his arm, his free hand slipping under the band of her bra, pushing it up. He gently wrapped his hands around the breast revealed. Kagome cried out as his hand skimmed over her naked nipple. His lips found hers and he plundered her mouth as her arms wrapped around her neck.

“Kami, woman, I need you,” he whispered. “I need to feel your skin next to mine, taste you everywhere, wrap myself around you.”

Opening her eyes, she reached out and touched his face, amazed at the intensity in his want-darkened eyes. She kissed him gently.“Take me to bed, InuYasha.”

With a hungry growl, InuYasha picked Kagome up and carried her across the room.
=================================================

After a long and surprising day, Sango was enjoying a moment of peace. It was rare, nowadays, to find quiet time when the children were settled and there was no husband, hanyou or Kitsune to disturb the moment.

The main room of her house glowed with the light of the fire pit, and the oil lamp near the corner where she sat. In front of her, she had spread the futon, where the twins Noriko and Yasuko lay curled up next to each other, drowsy, but not quite asleep.

Her little son, fed and burped, slept next to her. Sango, smiling at her daughters, sat sewing by the light of the lamp. Although for a long time, she felt more comfortable with a weapon than needle and thread, she had discovered as a wife and a mother how much she needed to learn to use them. Her baby slayers were going through their garments quickly. She sang to the children while she worked.

“When the autumn comes,
and the leaves fall red and gold,
see the foxes play,
dressing up before the cold.
“I’m pretty!” they say
with maple leaves in their hair.

“When the winter comes
and the snow lies on the ground,
foxes go to den --
their tails wrapped tightly around
their cold noses then,
no room at home to play in.

“But when the spring comes,
The foxes will run to play
wearing wild flowers
gathered on a sunny day --
dancing for hours,
happy for the new season.”

“Foxes,” murmured Noriko, who was the oldest of the twins. “Shippou.”

“Sleep, baby,” Sango said. Noriko nodded, and snuggled in closer to her sister.

“Happy for the new season. Yes, I think we’re starting a new season,” she murmured. “It’s going to be nice having Kagome-chan back home.”

The shoji door slid open, and Sango looked up from her work. Miroku stepped back into his house. Sango smiled as he entered, making a sign for him to be quiet. He nodded, closed the door softly as possible. Propping up his staff and dropping the brightly wrapped bundle he was carrying on the raised floor, he sat down on its edge to take his sandals off.

Sango, putting her sewing to one side, softly stood up and walked over, kneeling down next to him. “You’re back sooner than I expected.” Sango picked up the bundle. “Kagome-chan didn’t want the clothes?”

Miroku smiled with a wry, knowing look. “Ah, Sango my dearest, that’s the reason I’m back so soon. I didn’t get the chance to ask her yet. She and InuYasha never made it to Kaede-sama’s house.” He pulled the first sandal off. “Nobody was there but Kaede and Rin. Kagome-sama had not been there since we visited earlier this afternoon. Shippou stayed to tell stories about his last exam and how he managed to scare some stingy merchant for maximum points. It was pretty funny, or I would have been back even sooner. ”

“Do you think . . . ” Sango said, a happy but uncertain look in her eyes.

“Do I think what?” Miroku replied, with a barely disguised smile. “You know if anything bad had happened, InuYasha would be tearing up all of Musashi by now to make it right. It’s a pretty quiet night.”

“Did they go somewhere else? Would she have?”

Miroku placed his two sandals together in the shoe niche. “You saw how they were looking at each other, Sango.” His eyes twinkled. “Do you think they really wanted to go keep an old woman and a child company?”

“You think InuYasha would have taken her to his hut?”

He took his wife by the hand. “Well, they could be sitting under the Goshinboku, I guess, or some other place under the stars . . . but somehow, I don’t want to walk up to Inu’s hut and knock on the door right now. I suspect if I could drag them away from one another, I might not like the results.”

She leaned into Miroku’s shoulder. “I guess we’ll find out tomorrow. But I’m glad for them. They deserve some happiness.”

“I suspect you and Kagome will have a lot to discuss. It’s going to be different. I don’t know how we’re going to deal with a happy InuYasha.”

================================================= =======
Standing next to the futon, Kagome pulled her shirt and bra off over her head. InuYasha watched and took a deep breath as she dropped the clothes on the floor.

Kagome smiled, but dropped her eyes, nervous under his gaze. “You can touch,” she said after a moment.

InuYasha reached out for her with a shaky hand, tracing a path from her neck to her waist, across the velvet tip of her breast with a look of amazement on his face. Her eyes closed and she moaned as he touched her. “So soft,” he murmured. He circled her with his arms, letting his hands learn the shape and feel of the woman in front of him. He pressed his forehead against hers. “You are the only person who ever asked me to touch.”

She reached around to the back of her waist, unfastened the clasp and zipper, and let her skirt fall to the ground, then stepped out of her panties. “You’re the only one I ever wanted to touch me.” She reached for the knot in his obi.

He caught her hands. “Let me,” he said.

Kagome knelt down and watched him disrobe. His body was lean and wiry, the body of a runner, warm and golden against his silver hair, unscarred in spite of the many times he had been wounded since she’d known him. He stepped out of his hakama, dressed only in his fundoshi and turned to look at her, his body flushed, his eyes hooded and smokey. A wave of want, almost painful, swept over her. She looked down suddenly, her cheeks flushing, as he reached to remove his undergarment.

It fluttered to join the pile of his other clothing and he dropped to his knees next to her. He took her face in his hands, kissed her tenderly. “Last night, I lay in the darkness, staring up at the night sky. I was so empty. And now, I am about to make you my wife. You have pulled the arrow out of my heart again.”

He kissed her again, more heatedly.

“Does this make me your wife, InuYasha?” Kagome asked.

“Damn right it does. We can get Miroku to pray some sutra to get the Buddha’s blessing, and have Kaede-baaba say the words to get the Kami’s blessing if you want, but from today until forever, you are the wife of my heart, Koibito. I love you so much.”

His hands slid down her back, pulling her close to him, pressing his arousal against her. Kagome found it hard to think past the sensation of his skin touching hers, felt her hips buck against him as he pressed against her. She wrapped her arms around his neck tightly, showering his mouth, his jaw, his neck with little kisses.

InuYasha gently lowered Kagome down on the futon, her black hair fanned out behind her in a sable cascade, and covered her with himself, hovering over her as he rested his weight on his forearms. Her blue gray eyes looked up at him, heavy with want. Her lips were swollen from kisses. Her scent, her body, her spirit called him.

“You are so beautiful,” he said, then kissed her deeply, their tongues dancing as the kiss intensified.

Kagome’s hand reached up and rubbed the base of one of his ears, then moved to trace its edge. He moaned at the sensation, closed his eyes and leaned into the touch.

“Like that, do you?” Her voice was sultry, amused.

“Hmm.” His mouth planted soft kisses along her jaw. His tongue traced the shell of her ear. He felt her shiver beneath him. “Like that, do you?”

She arched against him and his hips ground into her in response. His mouth sought her neck, trailing kisses down her throat. Laving her collarbone with his tongue, he traced fingertips along her skin until he found one of her breasts. He gently ran the palm of his hand over the tip until the nipple grew hard and erect. Sliding further down, he planted kisses in a trail until he found her other breast, circling the aureole with his tongue, then suckling on the nipple until she cried out in pleasing whimpers.

His hand slipped between her legs, caressing the soft skin of her inner thighs, brushing against her womanhood, hot and slick. She ground into his touch and moaned. Cupping his claws safely away, he touched her there with a knuckle until she cried out.

Crawling back up her body, he kissed her hard and then rubbed his aching manhood against her wetness.

“Please,” she whispered.

Gratefully he sank into her wet velvet warmth and they became one for the first time.

============================================================

The fire in the hut burned low while they lay intertwined, casting long shadows over the two. But the room glowed brightly for eyes who knew how to see it as InuYasha’s youki swirled around the two lovers, glowing brightly red. As they became one, warm tendrils of pink light reached around the red, embracing it. When they climaxed, one right after the other, the light flared beyond the walls of the hut in a surge of power, rose red in their unity, able to be sensed for miles beyond the hut, but which quickly faded. To the unaided eye, all seemed as it was before. But some things would never be quite the same again.

Kaede sitting by her fire felt the pulse first, snapping her head up and almost dropped the cup she was drinking.

Rin, sitting next to her, looked up from the herbs she was sorting. “Is there something wrong, Kaede-sama?” she asked.

“No, nothing child. Not to worry. I just thought, for a moment, that perhaps we had a youkai visitor, perhaps Lord Sesshoumaru, but the aura I felt has gone away.” She looked thoughtful. “I wonder . . . ”


Much further away, Toutousai looked up from his forge. Suddenly he shuddered

“Damn.” He looked around the bony, fumy room he used as a workplace. “Hey, Myouga, where are you?”

The flea youkai hopped onto his shoulder. “I’m here. What’s wrong?”

“Something’s up with the pup. You need to go check him out. It’s been too quiet since Naraku died. Maybe we’ll get something interesting to do.”