Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Slade's sinister Sadism. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Kori's first day went on as usual with more twists and turns…
 
Her classes seemed pretty much okay. English, history, and gym… Her mind though was still focused on Dick, and how he was trying to show kindness towards her. This only made Kitten show more rudeness towards her as well…
 
At lunchtime however, Kori was sitting by herself in a far corner of the cafeteria. Like most new student got it, she could already hear people silently making fun of her, then suddenly… “Hey, can I sit here?” asked a voice.
 
Kori looked up and saw Dick, “Oh… uh… sure, go ahead.” she said as she offered him a seat. They chatted a bit about Kori's first day, and Dick wasn't surprised to hear that it was going quite as well she thought it would.
 
“I know how you feel… I got the same rush when I first came here.” He said, “Don't worry, things will always get better.”
 
“You think so…?” Kori asked.
 
Dick nodded, and he told her something he didn't like usually talking about but, he was an Orphan. His family, the Graysons were trapeze-artists in the circus, but one day… something terrible happened, and it was no accident…
 
A band of thieves had sabotaged the support-lines on the trapezes while all the Graysons, except for young Dick were performing without the aid of a safety-net, and they plunged down to the hard stadium floor… to their doom.
 
Young Dick was devastated, his whole family, killed before his very eyes…
 
Kori felt really bad for Dick, “I'm so sorry…” she said in deep pity.
 
Dick wiped a tear that was leaking from his mask, “Its fine… it wasn't your fault.” He replied, and then he went on saying that his friend, Millionaire, Bruce-Wayne took the young orphaned boy into his home, and gave him a second chance so that his life wouldn't take a turn for the worse.
 
“Bruce was like a second father to me, always teaching me never to give up, even when things seem hopeless.”
 
It was also thank to Bruce's funding's that Dick was able to go to school, and able to get a job as the manager of CD-shop at the Murakami mall. “My life really changed, but still… I do visit my family's grave every now and then.”
 
Kori felt like she could understand Dick's troubles, she too had lost her parents when she was little, but she did live with her God-Father, and her older sister… at least part of her family was still alive.
 
Dick placed his hand over Kori's, “You're a pretty strong girl…” he said to her, “And I know you'll fit in great here.”
 
Again, Kori asked, “You think so…?”
 
“I know so… You always have to believe, that something is going to turn up.” replied Dick. “Just remember… things are only as bad as your imagination makes it, but it also lets you make the bad things seem great again.”
 
“Here… listen to me…”
 
(Music cue)
 
As the music played, Kori and Dick imagined that they were walking down a golden road, where giant blobs of food were all over the place, and Dick began to sing.
 
(Dick)
 
-Something's gonna turn up believe me,
When you reach for the sun.
Something's gonna turn up believe me,
and you'll be number one.
Doesn't matter… if there's not much to eat
Doesn't matter… if you're out on the street
Doesn't matter… you can never retreat.
Imagination
Imagination
Imagination, is all you need.
 
-Something's gonna turn up believe me,
so hold onto your dream.
Something's gonna turn up believe me,
If you go too extreme.
Doesn't matter… if you step on a nail
Doesn't matter… if you trip on a pail
Doesn't matter… if they drive to jail.
Imagination
Imagination
Imagination, is all you need.
 
Kori began to believe Dick's words. As they kept on running down the road, and imagined to sample all the amazing things to see and do in their imaginary world.
 
-Storytellers in our minds.
Heroes in ships of our kinds.
We can be pirates sailing seas
Or high-wire walkers in the breeze
We can be painters, Whatever we please
Whatever we please…
WHATEVER WE PLEA-EA-EA-EASE!
“Imagination”
 
-Something's going to turn up, believe me.
So just trust in your hearts.
 
“Something's going to turn up, any second.”
 
(Fade out)
 
That something however turned out to be Kitten, clearing her throat, and tapping her foot grudgingly at the two. “What is going on here…?” she asked angrily.
 
“Oh, Kitten…” Dick said trying to think up an excuse fast. “It's alright… we were just talking.”
 
Kitten did not look impressed, “For your sake Dick… you better have been, or I'll just have to tell my Daddy about this, and that you're not making me happy.” She then gazed down at Kori before heading off with Dick… “As for you… mind your own business, Newbie!”
 
“Wow, what a brat!” Kori thought, “What's her problem anyways?”
 
Meanwhile
 
As lunch hour continued… Principal Slade was in his office and relaying message to his secretary, “I do not with to be disturbed for the next fifteen minutes under any circumstances.”
 
“Yes sir…” replied the lady over the intercom.
 
That's when Slade pulled all the blinds to his office, and outside windows. Then reaching into his desk, he pulled out a small key, and fit it into a lock on one of the drawers of the desk.
 
Soft buzzing noises sounded, and then Slade's chair began to lower down into the floor on a trap-door elevator. Down, down he went to a secret underground lair beneath the school, filled with many machines, and electronics. Slade even donned on a new armored-outfit and mask, and finally stepped out of the shadows.
 
He walked along a metal pathway that stretched out by his feet, all the way across to his desk. He flicked on the lights, and the whole place lit up reveling that it was in fact a giant robot-making facility Slade had worked on for several years, and finally his robots were nearing completion, but still not quite ready.
 
He typed into his many computers which began to show the files of every student in the school, and anything he wanted to know about them. “Hmm, mm, mm… excellent.” He sniggered to himself.
 
“Years of planning, and waiting patiently, and finally it's all coming together.”
 
Slade was a man who loathed and despised teenagers. He didn't even care for the mature ones, he just plain hated them all in a sign of sadism. It was his fondest dream to outlaw teenage-rudeness, and lock Teenagers away until they matured into fine adults…
 
Of course, his idea was completely barbaric, even the courts didn't allow such an action as some teenage behaviour helped shape the world and made it what it was that day. As punishment for such an attempt, Slade was fired from his job as a scientist.
 
Slade decided to do the next best thing, wipe the whole Teenage race off the face of the Earth so that he would never again have to suffer from their wretched attitudes, and his robot-lab was the very thing he needed to make his dream a reality.
 
“Grr! So close and yet still so far…” Slade mumbled as he went over the files. “If only I had someone to assist me…”
 
Yet all the students he scanned were either “Dummies…” or “Nincompoops…!” There were however the fewest of exceptions, like Dick Grayson, but he seemed far too slick. A guy like him would probably discover the awful truth in no time…
 
Regardless, he continued his search right up until his fifteen minutes were up, and he was forced to head back to his office.
 
Meanwhile
 
Kori got through the rest of her day just fine, without much more rudeness and unkindness from the other students. In computer class, Dick even offered to help Kori out as she didn't know much about computers.
 
Much to Kitten's dislike…
 
After Dick had left Kori to her work, Kitten sent her a nasty email saying, “Keep your mitts off my boyfriend, or this kitten just found a new scratching post.”
 
Kori gazed over her shoulder and saw Kitten shape her fingers so it looked like she was scratching something; obviously meaning she meant what she threatened, but that wasn't all that Kori had to think about now…
 
Boyfriend? This began to make her wonder if what Kitten had said was true. We're she and Dick really a couple? She wasn't sure, but it looked as though Dick really wasn't having much fin with Kitten…
 
Especially after the final bell rang, when she saw Dick having to carry all of Kitten's homework assignments home as well as his own stuff, and worse, “Now remember Dickie-pooh… I want an A-plus or better.” she said gruffly.
 
“Yeah Kitten… I get the message!” Dick said sounding annoyed.
 
It was obvious to Kori that Kitten was forcing Dick to do her own homework. She would've offered to help him carry all those books except Kitten was still with him, and she remembered Kitten's threat. So she decided to just leave it and head home.
 
As all the other students headed home, Principal Slade was gazing through the blinds of his office at all the rotten kids, and hissed silently, “Tomorrow's another day…!”