Teen Titans Fan Fiction ❯ Teen Titans High School Musical ❯ Plan to save the day ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
Garfield and Terra were still dangling over the toxic waste, and Garfield's line wouldn't hold up much longer. “Careful… don't drop me!” cried Terra.
 
Garfield pulled with all his might to keep her line in his grasp, and that's when he noticed that both he and she were swaying back and forth like sitting on a swing. He got a good look at how far away the main platform was. “Terra… I got an idea.” Garfield said. “I'm going to try and swing you onto the platform.”
 
Terra gazed up at him, “What? Are you crazy?” she practically yelled at him.
 
“Yes…!” he answered back to her, “But there's no other way out… it just might give us a chance!”
 
Terra got a look at the platform and how far and high it was. “I don't know… what if I don't make it?” she asked.
 
“Look if we stay here… we'll both go down for sure!” replied Garfield, “Terra look, I know you're scared, but I have faith in you. Now… do you trust me?”
 
Garfield had never told Terra before that he had faith her, and she couldn't argue with that. “Okay… let's start swinging.” They both began to rock to and fro, like a swing in the park, and it was working. They were getting closer to the platform, but just not close enough.
 
“Okay… on three, I'm going to throw you onto the platform.” Garfield called to her. “If my calculations are correct, you should land directly on the platform just near the edge.”
 
Terra didn't like the sound of that, but nevertheless, “I'm ready…” she called bravely.
 
She and Garfield continued to swing. “One…!” Garfield counted slowly waiting for just the right moment, “Two…!” Terra's stomach was growing queasy either with fear or the fact that she was hanging upside down for so long. “THREE…!” Garfield tossed her at the perfect time…
 
Terra swung through the air, and landed hard, but firmly and safely on the platform. “Ow!” she groaned, but then she realized. “It worked!”
 
“Whoo-hoo…!” cried Garfield. “I told you it would work.” But then his line gave a jolt. “Whoa! Terra hurry, try and find the switch that gets me out of here!”
 
Terra nodded, and hopped over to the control panel, as her legs were still tied up, but when she got to the control panel, she did recognize it as the same one where Slade was standing, but the problem was. “There are five levers!” she cried. “I don't know which one to pick.”
 
Garfield's line jolted again, “Look, just pick one…” he yelled to her, “AND HURRY…!”
 
Terra hesitated for moment and then tried the lever on the far left which made Garfield's rope lower deeper into the pit. “Aaaaaaah… WRONG ONE!” He cried.
 
Terra quickly pushed the lever back. “Okay… uh…!” she pulled another one which began to heat up the bolt holding Garfield line even hotter, and it finally overheated the control so she couldn't stop it. “Uh Terra… I don't want to die here!”
 
Terra was officially ready to freak out, but Garfield saved her life, and now it was up to her to save him. She tried the lever in the middle, and this time… a steel walkway stretched its way out of the platform and over towards Garfield. “It's working!” Terra cried.
 
“Yeah…!” Garfield called. “Way to go Terra!”
 
No sooner had the platform stretch out enough did Garfield's rope finally snap and he landed with a thud on the metal, but he was safe. “Garfield!” cried Terra.
 
She tried to rush over to help him, but fell over as her legs were still tied up. It took a few minutes for them to undo the ropes, but eventually they were freed, and safe and sound. “I did it…” Terra said happily. Garfield smiled at her, “I knew you could Terra.”
 
Meanwhile
 
The others were still drawling through the air-ducts; every exit they found only led to more meaning robots just waiting to get even with them. There were no teachers or staff left in the school to help them; they were all on their own.
 
“Ow! Watch it!” cried Kori.
 
“Ah! Get your feet out of my nose.” moaned Kato.
 
“Hey! You poked me again!” growled Vic.
 
It was hard for them to all crawls through the vents at the same time, but they also knew they couldn't stay there forever. “There's got to be a way out of here.” said Dick.
 
“Well I hope we find one soon…” groaned Raven as she pushed another foot out of her face. “Ugh! I can only take so much more of this.”
 
… Back in the lair, Garfield and Terra were still trying to figure how to get out, as well as a plan to stop the robots. “Say… I wonder what that last lever on the table is for.” Terra wondered.
 
She knew the fourth one would close the toxic-pit, but the fifth one, she reached. “Terra… what are you doing?” called Garfield, but Terra already pulled the lever.
 
 
In the air-ducts, the five friends continued to crawl through when suddenly Dick stopped, causing all the others to bump right into him. “Dick!” snapped Kori, “Why did you stop?”
 
“Quiet…!” Dick snapped, “Anyone else feeling that?”
 
The duct began to quiver all around them. “Yo' man… I got a sinking feeling about this.” cried Vic, and that's when they all fell through a trap door that opened up beneath them and they skidded down a long and curvy slide.
 
… One by one they landed with a thud in the underground lair. “Did you have to say the word, sinking?” groaned Raven.
 
“Guys…!” called a voice. The others got up and saw Garfield and Terra, and hey winced back believing they were just other robots. “Hey! Hey! It's us.” Garfield said.
 
“Prove it…!” said Dick.
 
“You're pathetic.”
 
The others already knew that had to be the real Garfield. “Okay… I'm convinced.” Dick said.
 
“Good… now will someone please tell me where the heck we are, are how we're gettin' out of here?” asked Vic.
 
Terra and Garfield explained that Slade was insane and he was planning to wipe out teenage rudeness by eliminating all teens with his robots. “He said… today my school, tomorrow the world.” said Terra.
 
The others were horrified. “I knew there was something about Slade that I never liked.” grumbled Dick. “We've got to stop him.”
 
“But how…?” asked Kori, “You hear what they said. They're programmed using Garfield's intelligence. They know everything he knows and their as strong and slick as he is.”
 
Everyone else realized she was right, but suddenly Garfield had an idea. “Of course…” he cried with joy. “That's the answer!”
 
He explained to the others that while it was true the robots knew everything he would know, but Slade, the man who built them didn't. “That means they got to have some kind of weakness.”
 
Everyone's eyes lit up, “Kid… you're one heck a genius.” said Vic.
 
Garfield smiled, and then he explained that somehow they would have to go through Slade's files and study the robots assembly. “Everyone quick… find any clue you can get and start studying.”
 
“RIGHT…!”
 
During the rest of that afternoon, while Slade was out, and his lair unguarded, the others went through as many of his files as they could find, and Garfield managed to crack the codes on the computers to gain access to more info.
 
(Music cue)
 
In a desperate time and place,
Trying to wipe out the teenage race.
We've got to find a way…
Find a way to save the day.
 
 
Vic-Suggested “We all just bust up there and smash them all to scrap-metal.”
 
Garfield disapproved, “There's too many to attack one at a time, they'd outnumber us. Even I can't fight off that many at once.”
 
The others all agreed, “Which means we have to find someway to finish them all off at once.” said Dick.
 
-Going to save the world,
with all my friends.
Live to see the sun rise again.
 
The path is hard.
But my goal is clear.
Just gotta learn to face my fear.
 
-It's a desperate plot,
to get rid of the robot lot.
We've got to find a way…
Find a way to save the day.
 
Garfield finally had an answer. “The robots… their skin is only artificial and their insides are steel and all the natural things.”
 
The others all nodded, “So… that's it… maybe my new acid experiment can burn through their skins, shells, and malfunction their systems.”
 
“Yeah… and just how are you supposed to make enough of that when it's up there, and we're down here?” Raven asked.
 
Garfield winked, gesturing that he had a plan.
 
-It's all up to us.
We cannot fail.
Working together, and we'll prevail.
 
Time is running short.
But we can't lose.
Fighting for what is what we choose.
 
-It's the final fight.
Gonna' fight back with all our might.
We've got to find a way…
Find a way to save the day.
 
 
Garfield had analyzed the toxic-waste that Slade tried to use to kill him and Terra, “It contains a corrosive substance, and traces of chemicals normally found in acids and poisons. This should work.”
 
Leaving Garfield to work on producing drums of his acid, the others began to go over their plans to get the robots into one place where they could then dump the acid and finish them all off. “So we're agreed…?” asked Dick.
 
“Yo'… you bet we are.” said Vic.
 
Kori and Terra nodded.
 
“The Dark forces will aid us all the way.” said the two Goths. The others found that a bit weird to say, but nevertheless, they were ready.
 
 
Save the day…
Come on lets save the day…!