Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: Between Darkness and Light ❯ Isolated ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Book I:
SORA


Chapter I



The waves crashed against the cliff, leaving the familliar sea foam behind. The sky shone with the bright light of the full moon. The moonlight shone against the water, creating a layer of white water. I stood atop the cliff, staring into the deep depths of the sea. My eyes were fluttering slowly, yearning to stoy closed.
Something pushed me.
I fell down the cliff, getting closer and closer to crashing into the wave crests. I spun, looking at the place were I fell.
I saw my attacker.
I saw...Riku...?
I held my hand out, still falling. The wind rattled my baggy clothes everywhere, as well as my hair.
"Ri...ku...?" I whispered.
He held out his hand, and then slowly pulled it away.
"I'm sorry...Sora..." He said.
My back hit the ocean.
And then...darkness...
"Goodbye...Sora..." I heard him whisper...

I jolted awake.
My breathing was heavy, my eyesight was still blurry after my little nightmare. Riku...Wait, it was only a dream, right...?
I lay in the sand next to Kairi, our hands linked together. The moonlight hit her face, making it even more beautiful. I looked into her eyes, and she stared into mine. Hers looked worried.
"Sora..." she whispered.
"Yea, what...?" I asked.
"Are you...okay...?" she asked.
"Yea, I'm fine...Why...?"
"You were...you were talking in your sleep. About Riku...and darkness..." She said with a cracky voice.
"Yea," I said. "Just a nightmare, don't worry."
"Are you sure..."
"Positive." I smiled at her. I moved my face towards hers, our lips interlocking. My lips darted with hers, I pushed my face into hers. She wrapped her arms around my neck. She pulled my face away a little.
"Remember, when you, me, and Riku split up...into different worlds?" she asked.
"Of course, how could I forget...?"
"Well," she started. "I don't want that to happen again. Please don't let it..."
"Kairi..." I started, when somebody sat down next to me.
"Wassup, Sora, Kairi...?" he asked.
"Sup, Riku?" I asked. His long silver hair gleamed in the moonlight.
"Sorry if I'm interupting anything." He said.
Kairi blushed and shoved her face into my arm. I smiled. "No, nothing." I said sarcastingly. We all just sat there for a while, staring at the black ocean. Everything seemed fine...my nightmare was just a nightmare.
"Hey, guys..." Kairi said. "Let's go to our old secret hideout." She grinned.

A minute later, there we were, standing in our old secret place. I ran my hands against the black wall, looking at all of my old drawings. I saw the one with me and Kairi, a paupo fruit heading towards our faces. On our island, a paupo fruit is a symbol of two people who share one together. When two share one, their destinies are intertwined forever. I smiled.
I heard a scream behind me.
I spun around, looking at a cloaked man holding Kairi.
"Kairi!" Me and Riku yelled at the same time.
I jumped at the man, trying to punch him. He twisted my arm, throwing me into the wall, leaving cracks in it.
"Sora!" Kairi yelled, the man put his hand over her mouth. I couldn't stand this anymore. I got up, holding against the wall for support.
"Whoever you are...you can't do this...I'll...I'll kill you!" I squeezed against the rock wall, breaking some of it. I lunged at him.
I called the Keyblade, it forming in my hand. I hadn't used this in a while, there was no reason to. Until now.
I stabbed him, it going right through him. I smiled victoriously.
He just grabbed the blade, pulling it out of him. "Keyblade master..." He whispered. He grabbed me by the neck with his free hand. "You don'y know, there are greater forces than just you and your stupid worlds. There's much more, and it all revolves around you and your juvinile friend, Riku..."
With that, he disappeared, taking Kairi with him. I looked around, Riku wasn't there, either.
"Riku...Kairi..." I sobbed. I kell to my knees, crying, holding my hands on my head. "No, not again. NOT AGAIN!!!"
There I was, kneeling in a cavern, isolated, alone.
Here we go again...