Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Brave Breeze ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Brave Breeze
Part 2

“Yare, yare,” Xellos said as he materialized into the boulder strewn field. “It appears I was too late.
The aqua haired teen spun around upon hearing the mazoku priest’s voice and lunged at him, knocking Xellos backward against a particularly large boulder. “You!!” screamed Val, pinning the much older mazoku against the boulder and starting to shake him violently. “You did this!!!! Give her back you… you… namagomi!!!”
Xellos silently chuckled at the teen’s insult. ‘It looks like Filia-chan’s starting to really rub off on him,’ he mused, remembering the former golden dragon priestess’ constant use of that particular insult for him. Normally, the violet haired priest would have rather enjoyed his former enemy’s anguish, but this wasn’t the time or place for this. “Now Val-kun, let’s all calm down here,” he said smiling in that annoying manner that drove most of Lina’s friends nuts.
“The hell I will!!” spat Val, his golden eyes flaring with teenaged fury. “You give Lina back!!!”
The mazoku priest’s eyes opened revealing twin cat like amethyst pools. The aqua haired former mazoku had to step back feeling slightly unnerved by those rarely opened eyes. “As much as I would love to admit keeping Lina-chan all to myself Val-kun, I’m afraid it wasn’t me this time.”
“Then who was it?!” Val demanded reluctantly releasing the amethyst haired priest.
“We should get the others first don’t you think?” Xellos replied dusting himself off.
The aqua haired teen glared at him, but said nothing. The mazoku was right; Lina’s friends and his ‘mother’ needed to be told about the petite sorceress’ kidnapping. He turned away, deciding not to pay any more attention to the annoying ‘namagomi’ and started back to Filia’s shop.

************************************************************ ****

Filia had been anxiously pacing through the shop, waiting for her distraught ‘son’ and Lina to return. Zelgadis and Amelia had tried to get her to relax, but it was no use. Gourry, however, was as confused and oblivious as ever and had just shrugged it off as the many zany occurrences that kept happening whenever the redheaded sorceress was involved.
Fearful sapphire eyes went wide at Val’s frantic state as he burst into the shop followed by a rather cheerful Xellos.
“Just what is going on here, Xellos?!” the golden dragon ordered, shooting the mazoku a scathing accusatory look.
“S-She…” Val started, feeling angry with himself for not being able to protect the feisty sorceress he worshipped.
“XELLOS METALLIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” bellowed the former priestess, lifting up her dress and yanking out the enormously heavy mace she kept stashed underneath. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO LINA-SAN YOU NAMAGOMI MAZOKU?!!!!!!”
‘Maa, maa Val-kun is definitely taking after his ‘mother’,’ Xellos thought amusedly as he dodged the furious dragon’s wild swinging with the mace.
“I’d start explaining, if I were you,” Zelgadis said icily, managing to catch the mazoku priest off guard and thrust the tip of his sword against Xellos’ throat.
“I’d love to, Zel-kun but don’t you think we’d better wait ‘til she calms down first?”
The chimera turned to the still swinging and yelling dragon girl. Sighing, he shook his head and grabbed the golden tail sticking out from under her dress. Feeling something yanking at her tail, Filia growled and whirled around, ready to strike at what she assumed to be a certain pain in the neck mazoku. Being used to her rages, Zel just ducked out of the mace’s path and grabbed onto Filia’s wrist preventing any more damage to her shop. “That’s enough Filia, let the fruitcake explain.” He shot a warning glance at the still grinning mazoku.
Filia blinked confusedly as she slowly came to herself again and blushed at the closeness of the rather handsome looking chimera. Feeling Xellos’ amused glance on her she sputtered slightly then turned back to the object of her annoyance. “So start explaining!” she demanded.
“Well,” the violet haired priest said helping himself to a cup of Filia’s finest tea – which earned a furious glare from the dragon girl. “It would appear that Haou-sama’s finally taken an interest in our dear Lina-chan,” he announced.
“Haou?” Zel asked, getting a sudden chill down his stone spine, “You don’t mean..?!”
“Hai, Grausherra’s on the move it would seem,” the trickster priest replied, “Juuou-sama sent me to make sure nothing happened to Lina-chan, but alas I had arrived a second too late.”
Val’s fist hit the shop counter, causing a huge dent to appear in the sturdy wood.
“Where is she?” the chimera asked, blue eyes narrowing in outrage.
“That…” Xellos began, pausing for dramatic effect and making all those present – except a certain jellyfish brained blond – to glare threateningly at the mischievous mazoku. “I don’t know.”
“You damned well know where Lina is!!!” growled an irate Val as he once again grabbed hold of the older mazoku and began shaking him again.
“Honestly Val-kun, I don’t, not for sure that is,” choked out the mazoku.
“So where do you think she is?” Zel demanded.
“If it’s Grausherra that’s got her, then it’s possible whoever took her would bring her straight to him. But as I said, I arrived too late so I don’t know the entire circumstances.”
All eyes then turned to the aqua haired teen, anxiously waiting him to explain what happened. Val dropped the mazoku then hung his head in anger and shame. “I-I went to… to that spot I like to use for thinking,” he began quietly. Filia nodded at her ‘son’ both in understanding and encouragement. “Lina-bachan came to… to check on me I guess. Oh gods I… I!” The reincarnated dragon began to shake and tremble violently as he remembered almost hurting his beloved ‘auntie’.
“Shh. Val-kun it’s alright whatever you did, I’m sure you didn’t mean it sweetie,” Filia cooed as she glomped her ‘son’ and began rubbing circles along his back. “I’m sure she’ll forgive you too. You know she adores you.”
“But ‘kaa-san!”
“Valteira,” Zel said, placing one gloved hand on the dragon teen’s shoulder. “I know it’s hard, but you have to tell us what happened to Lina.”
Val continued to sniffle a few moments then nodded. The chimera was right after all, Lina was more important than his stupid teenage angst. “T-There was a woman,” he began once more. “A mazoku,” he spat in disgust. “She said something about her ‘lord’ requiring ‘bachan’s presence then took her away before I could do anything. She was so quick.”
“What did she look like?” Xellos asked, both eyes open now and a serious glint shining in their amethyst depths.
“Blue hair in a braid down to her waist, white pants, and blue jacket; it was some kind of military job I think.”
Xellos’s eyes narrowed. He knew that mazoku, knew her all too well. “So we were right,” he said grimly. “Haou Dynast Grausherra has her.”
Filia screamed in horror. Amelia fainted. Zelgadis glared at the mazoku. Val swore vehemently. Gourry…
“Um… so who’s this ‘Grow Sheriff’ guy anyway and what’s he want with Lina?” the imbecilic blond asked completely unfazed by these turn of events.
“It’s ‘Grausherra’,” Zel corrected exasperatedly.
“That’s what I said ‘Grow Sheriff’. So what’s he want with her?” Gourry asked again.
The chimera began to silently count backwards from ten. ‘How in L-sama’s name does Lina put up with him, and why? Sirius took the Hikari no Ken with him so she’s got no reason to let him hang with her.’
“That, Gourry-san,” Xellos explained, his eyes closed now, “is a very good question.”
There were various glares, growls and curses at the mazoku’s refusal to give a straight answer.

****************************************************

Meanwhile…
“I have brought the Inverse girl, master,” the blue haired mazoku said, phasing into Dynast Grausherra’s freezing cold throne room. She then unceremoniously dumped her ‘cargo’ before the mazoku lord’s ice covered throne.
“Well done, Sherra. Though you should be more… respectful of our guest.” The black haired teen rose from his throne, removing one ice blue glove from one hand and placed it on the unconscious girl’s forehead. An icy blue energy spread from the mazoku lord’s fingers onto Lina’s soft skin. The spell had the same effect as a bucket of ice water and the petite sorceress shot straight up.
“Aiyeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Cold! Cold! Cold! Cold!!!” she screamed.
“Good of you to join us, Miss Inverse,” Dynast Grausherra said, highly amused at the human’s reaction.
Lina jerked her head toward the voice, ready to snap at whomever it was that decided to wake her from one of her better dreams. Before her stood a young man who appeared to be not that much older than her own assumed age. He couldn’t have been no more than eighteen or nineteen and had short glossy black hair. He wore night black armor with gold trimming and a snow white cape that hung regally from his shoulder plates and around his slender neck. She was rather taken aback by this handsome young man and dollar signs appeared in her eyes thinking him to be some sort of prince. But that dream was soon shattered once she spied his coal black feline eyes.
“A-A-A-A ma-ma-ma…” she stammered not just from the freezing temperature of the ice palace.
“Yes, my dear I am a mazoku,” Grausherra said coolly, still amused by this mere slip of a girl. “I’m sure you’ve remembered who I am by now, Lina Inverse.”
that her befuddled mind had recovered from the mazoku’s rather rude awaking, Lina’s ruby eyes widened in shock and fear. There was no mistaking this particular mazoku. After all she did have a run in with him a few years back. “D-Dynast G-G-Grausherra,” she stammered shivering both in fear and from the sheer cold. Not much was known about the reclusive Lord of the North, but he was rumored to be one of the worst of the five great servants of Shabranidgo. Dynast Grausherra wasn’t exactly known for his ‘warm personality’. “B-But I-I s-s-s-ealed you away!!!”
“You’re as bright as they say, my dear,” the raven haired mazoku lord said, his cold dark eyes never leaving her for an instant. “I can see why Juuou is rather found of you. And yes, you did lock me away in that disgusting armor of Zanafar’s, but as you can see my dear, I am quite alive.”
Lina felt her very soul freeze at that cold, hard, and possessive stare. “W-What a-are you going t-to do with m-me?” she asked trying her best to put on a defiant posture and failing miserably.
“Why that all depends on you, dear Lina,” Grausherra purred, giving her petite form another appraising glance. “If you’re a good little girl, I just might let you live… a bit longer,” he explained, cupping her chin in his hand, making her yelp from the icy touch of his skin. “Misbehave… well… let’s just say you most definitely won’t like it at all.”
The redheaded sorceress gulped. But Lina wasn’t about to let anyone bully her; she had gotten more than enough of that from her older sister growing up. “G-G-Go t-to h-hell!” she spat as defiantly as she could manage.
The mazoku lord sighed in disappointment. “I was expecting better of you, my dear, so be it,” he said, his tone colder than the grave. “You know what to do, Sherra.” He then shoved the human toward his loyal general and the blue haired woman caught her in a vise like grip, effectively restraining her arms and disabling her from casting any spells.
“You really should have listened to Dynast-sama,” she chided, smirking maliciously. She was overjoyed at the prospect of ‘playing’ with the current object of her beloved master’s affections. “At least one of us is going to have some fun.” With that she teleported further into the depths of the ice palace, toting Lina along for the ride and her ‘fun.’


~TBC~

Translations for Slayers newbs:
Anczoku – Ancient Dragon
Mazoku – Demon/Monster depending on which translation you’re watching or reading
Namagomi – literally translates as kitchen waste, but can mean raw garbage (Filia’s favorite word for Xellos ^_^)
Kaa-san – Mom
Bachan – Auntie
Juuou – Beast Master (literally Beast King)
Haou – Supreme King
Yare yare – not really sure what this means, but I’ve seen it translated as ‘Oh my’ or ‘My my’ or ‘Good grief’

Sakura: Whoohoo!! Finally got this chapter done!!
About time too woman! I despise waiting.
Hey! You want to be in this or not Dyn-sama? Besides, you can always give your complaints to the boss. SHE’S the one who told me to put you in this thing.
On second thought, never mind Sakura-san.
Anyhoo, lemme know whatcha think ppl. Who knows, if I get a bunch of reviews, I just might post the next bit quicker.