Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Brave Breeze ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Brave Breeze
By Sakura (aka L-sama no Miko)
Part 3
 
The black haired mazoku lord surveyed his prize as the girl hung limply from the stone ceiling. Her petite form was completely covered head to toe with various degrees of bruises, cuts, burns, whip marks, and bites. Sherra certainly knew what she was doing, though most of the bruises and bites were his own handiwork.
"You really should have listened to me, Lina dear," he whispered, mocking a lover's voice, ignoring the drip-drip of the crimson liquid and other fluids as they slid from her unconscious form. "I wouldn't have had to be so rough with you."
The once vibrant sorceress said nothing, her ruby eyes glazed over as her mind was elsewhere at the moment, it having fled the moment the mazoku had forced himself on her. "You must have known, I'd get what I wanted one way or another," he continued, caressing her scarred cheek. "But you had to be so stubborn didn't you?" He let out an exasperated sigh. "Just remember, you brought this upon yourself."
With that he snapped the girl's neck, a rare act of mercy from the cruel Lord of the North. Or was it? Before her soul could return to the Sea of Chaos, he shoved a bit of his own essence into the ruined corpse and forced the two to meld together. He then forced Lina's broken neck back into place and began healing the cleanly broken spinal cord. Within moments, the redheaded sorceress gave out a bloodcurdling scream very much like those Sherra had wrung from her. It wasn't a scream of pain however, but one of rebirth.
She continued to scream for several more minutes as the mazoku's energy overpowered her once human self and rearranged her very core to its master's liking as well as slowly ridding her physical form of all the blemishes and scars.
"It wouldn't have to have hurt so much if you'd only listen to what I had to offer," Grausherra said with the barest hint of pity in his normally cold voice. "I was hoping you'd be a bit more reasonable, Lina dear." He then titled the once again unconscious sorceress's head back slightly and leant closer.
"Dynast-sama!" the blue haired general shouted as she came running into the dungeon.
Her lord and master glared at her, not liking being interrupted. Then he felt it, an all too familiar presence. "So that bitch's jester thinks he can just waltz in here does he?" he snarled.
"Forgive me, master," Sherra pleaded, "He just appeared so suddenly!"
Dynast nodded in understanding. "Stay here and make sure no one gets near our new pet."
"But master!" the mazoku woman protested.
"Do you honestly think Xellos would just show up announced with no backup do you Sherra?"
The mazoku general paled at her master's icy stare. "O-Of course not master!" she stammered. "T-That's why -“
"You need to stay down here Sherra dear," the mazoku lord commanded, the tone of his voice leaving no room for protesting, "To make sure our 'guest' doesn't come to any harm."
"As you wish, Dynast-sama," Sherra replied, bowing.
"Good girl."
Dynast Grausherra then turned with a flourish of his cape and strode from the castle dungeons.
 
************************************************************* ******
 
Val hated not being in the battle that was raging on above him. But Zelgadis and Xellos both had a point. Someone had to look for Lina while the others kept Grausherra busy. Also the mazoku lord's general was suspiciously missing from the battle as well. 'I swear I'll kill that mazoku bitch if anything's happened to Lina!' he vowed as he made his way to the last door at the end of the vast hall. He failed to notice during the whole trip to Grausherra's palace that he no longer called the petite sorceress 'Lina-bachan'. He did have more pressing matters at hand, like getting her the heck away from the icy hearted mazoku lord.
'Please L-sama let this be the right one,' the aqua haired teen begged as he placed one shaking hand on the door's handle and hesitantly shoved it open. "You!!" he snarled upon seeing the blue haired mazoku woman standing before something hanging from what appeared to be thick rusty chains.
"Oh isn't this cute?! It's the little dragon brat coming to play the hero!" Sherra sneered.
Val's gold eyes narrowed and flashed with utter hatred and disgust. "Where's Lina?!" he demanded, his arms convulsing as he fought the urge to transform into his anczoku form.
"Lina?" the mazoku general mocked, "Lina? Hmm" she placed a finger on her chin in mock confusion. "I don't think we've got anyone by that name here, at least no one human." She smugly stepped aside, revealing the naked form of a redheaded girl. The girl weakly lifted her head, her dull feline like crimson eyes desperately trying to focus.
That did it. The anczoku teen roared in rage and transformed. The small (well small for his race) black dragon roared again and shot his laser breath at Sherra.
"Careful, careful widdle bittle baby," she jeered as she dodged out of the way, "We wouldn't want your precious Lina to get hurt."
"Shut the ^*&% up bitch!" the dragon bellowed before swiping at her with his claws.
"Tsk Tsk, such language. What are they teaching children these days?" mocked Sherra, sitting in mid air, her legs crossed.
"Hold still dammit!”
"And what?" the blue haired mazoku mocked, "Ruin my fun? I don't think so kid." Sherra then decided that this was indeed getting boring. Grabbing the hilt of her sword, she unsheathed it in one fluid motion. "Well Dulgofa, you ready for some fun?" she asked.
"Oooh," the sword replied in anticipation, "I haven't tasted anczoku blood in over a thousand years. Let's play with 'im a bit more, Sherra-sama!"
"Nah," his mistress said, "I'm getting bored with the brat. Besides, Dynast-sama may need my help."
"But didn't he say-"
"I know what he said, Dulgofa!" Sherra snapped. "But if you think I'm going to sit this one out and baby-sit some slut Dynast-sama decided to pick up, you've got another thing coming!"
"Aw come on Sherra-sama!! Just a couple minutes? Please?!" the sword pleaded, "It's been soooooooo long! And anczoku blood is soooooooo delicious!!"
Val stared as the mazoku continued to argue with her pleading subordinate/sword. Had it been under different circumstances, it would have been rather comical. However, this was a rather serious situation. The black dragon didn't know what exactly had been done to her, but what he did know was that Lina was in dire need of help.
Taking advantage of his opponent's distraction, he lunged forward and swiped at Sherra, knocking her back into the far wall. With the speed born of desperation, Val de-transformed and leapt at Sherra, growling furiously. Before the mazoku general knew it, she had found herself pinned against the freezing stone wall, her sword arm tightly pressed against her side and currently useless. The blue haired woman silently cursed herself for choosing to ignore the dragon boy.
"I admit, you've got spunk kid," she wheezed, "I hate spunk! But it'll take more than that to save that whore."
"Lina's not a whore!" he bellowed, tightening his grip on the mazoku woman.
"Oh really now, I've heard differently. Dynast-sama did say she rather enjoyed it. In fact, she was practically begging him by the time he was done."
Val's eyes went wide in shock and utter disbelief. Lina had his Lina had done that with the mazoku bastard willingly?! 'W-Wait a sec here, my Lina?!' the aqua haired teen asked silently, hate towards his 'auntie' flooding his mind, 'Since when did I consider that loud mouthed, flat-chested, harpy mine?!' He would have to worry about the sudden strange possessiveness and hatred later, much later. He still had Sherra to deal with. "Y-You lie!" he sputtered.
"Do I?" she gasped grinning, the claws at her throat, digging into the skin. It wasn't a lie; she did hear the former human beg, though not in the way she had led the anczoku teen to believe.
"There's no way she'd Lina loves" he whispered, his resolve starting to weaken.
"Who? You kid?" Sherra sneered, "Last I heard, she was screaming Dynast-sama's name, all day long too."
"XXellos," he whispered brokenly, "S-She loves Xellos."
"Aww isn't that just the cyyuuuuuuuuutest!" the mazoku woman taunted, "The itty bitty dwagon's got a cwush on widdle Lina slut!!"
Val had had enough of this bitch's taunts and jeers. In fact, he was absolutely livid. So what if the redheaded sorceress had slept with Dynast Grausherra, willingly or not. It still didn't change the fact that she appeared to be hurt and badly. No one, absolutely no one hurt his Lina and lived.
"Shut your f*&^ing hole, mazoku bitch unless you want those to be your last words!" he growled.
"Ooo, oh no the big bad dragon's gonna eat me!" mocked Grausherra's general, totally unafraid of the teen's threats.
Val let out an enormous roar of rage and thrust his hand through the woman's chest. He then wiggled the clawed appendage inside until he found the vile creature's core. Smirking, he grasped as tightly as he could then silently thanked Zelgadis for teaching him the particular spell he began casting. "Ra Tilt!!" he shouted, not letting go until he was certain that Sherra had no chance of escaping the blue flames engulfing her.
Sherra screamed in agony as she felt the astral spell attack her on the astral plane as well, "D-Damn you!!" she yelled. In a last ditch effort she weakly lifted her sword and somehow managed to knick the aqua haired teen's side with the blade. The mazoku general faded from the material plane, a smirk of triumph on her face. Dulgofa wouldn't dare let his mistress down; the demon sword had done its work.
The anczoku teen roared in excruciating pain as the mazoku energy coursed through him. Val refused to let it end like this; he had to save Lina! Having collapsed, he crawled over to the still hanging newborn mazoku redhead.
"V V..al..gaav?" Lina choked out hoarsely, her feline eyes refusing to believe what they were seeing.
Lying before her with one hand outstretched in a desperate attempt to reach her, was Val. Except this wasn't the Val she'd known for the past eighteen years. The scars he once had on his cheeks during his time serving Maryuuou Gaav had returned as well as the horn that once graced his forehead.
"L-Lina" the now once again mazoku/anczoku hybrid gasped before blacking out.
 
~TBC~
 
 
Sakura: Hooboy! I thought I'd NEVER get this chappie done! I had a MAJOR problem with the stuff with Lina. I can't believe L-sama made me do that!!!
 
Lina: You can't believe it?!! I'm the one everyone loves here! You don't just do that to the star!!
 
Sakura: I heard that Inverse!! Just keep in mind dear, I can STILL make this into a Dyn/Lina you know.
 
Lina: Y-Y-You wouldn't dare!!
 
Sakura: Just try me, Lina. You haven't forgotten whose miko I am, have you?
 
Lina: Eep!!!
 
Sakura: Didn't think so. Anyhoo, thanks to the awesome J.K. Rowling and Helena Bonham-Carter for giving me the inspiration for this version of Sherra - gotta love that crazy Bellatrix, even if she did kill my Sirius!! >(
 
Lemme know what you think minna. I liiiiiiiiiive for feedback!!