InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Bound For Tomorrow: Sesshomaru and Rin ❯ 23: Gossip ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Soooo… It may seem like we've been moving right along in this story, but the truth of the matter is we've only had TWO DAYS of fic time! Well, we know what Sess and Rin have been up to, but what about everyone else?
This chapter begins TWO DAYS AGO, right after Sesshoumaru drags Rin outside for their first kiss, and continues on through to present fic-time. Next chapter will be back to Sess/Rin, and then the next morning Kohaku will show up. I hope this is clear, also, it will REALLY help if you know your Inuyasha-canon in order to understand who all these characters are. I tried to keep it to first-anime only, just so more people who know them all…
Extended A/N: Wolfgrl1423 has written a lovely little Sess/Rin oneshot, called "Wrapped Around your Finger", if you have a moment, go check it out!
SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin SessRin
Rin made her way around to the front of the hut, completely unaware of her effect on her lord's deepest instincts and most primal needs, all she knew was that, now that she didn't have to, she didn'twant to wait to be with him, she had waited long enough, in her opinion. She pulled back the bamboo door covering, leaning her head inside. Suddenly she was embarrassed, but her need to be with the one she'd waited for so long to call her own gives her the courage speak her intentions. Luckily, it doesn't seem she needs to explain much, as her scent is giving her away.
"Uhhhh… Kagome-chan?"
She notices the knowing look that passed between the miko and her hanyou husband, who Rin has no doubt can smell the arousal on her a mile away. She's worked up and there is no hiding it from his senses.
Kagome laughs, giving her a wink in the process.
Kagome gave a sidelong glance to her Inuhanyou husband, as she moved about the hut re-packing Rin's gifts, "Do you think she will be okay?"
"Keh, she'll be just fine." He snorted, recalling the… conversation… he'd had with his brother only an hour previous. Sesshoumaru might be a lot of things, but he wasn't an idiot and he definitely understood the potential for harming Rin if he lost control. "I gave him some pointers, and if there is one thing that bastard is good at, it's being a control freak. There's no way he'd let anything happen to her."
Kagome laughed, "Pointers? What kind of… pointers…are we talking about here?"
Inuyasha dropped a few items back in the crate, and moved to his wife's side, "Well…" he breathed, moving Kagome's hair to the side and coming in close, nipping her earlobe using his fang to graze the side of her ear, "I told him to this," his hand slid to her waist, then up to gently brush over her breast, "and this," he allowed the hand to slide over breast and continue it's way toward her neck, then to cup her jaw line and tilt her face to his own, "and this…" he breathed against her lips, before claiming them in a deep familiar kiss.
They broke apart, and Kagome tittered softly, "Well then… I'm sure Rin will be… just fine."
"Just wait til I show you the other stuff I told him." Inuyasha's face was painted with a feral grin.
Kagome blushed, shoving him in the chest to gain some distance between them, "Finish your rounds quickly then, okay?" She said, referring to Inuyasha's nightly patrol of his forest for roving youkai.
"You got it. I'll be back as soon as I can… We got the whole hut to ourselves tonight, and I ain't gonna waste it patrolling."
"I'll have this all cleaned up by the time you get back then," Kagome leaned over and gave her husband a chaste kiss, bidding him goodbye.
Inuyasha nodded and headed off toward his woods.

"Oi, Ryokun! Whadda you doin' here?" Inuyasha dropped from the tree-line and greeted the friendly forest-sentry wolf youkai. He often found Ryokun hanging around in his forest, but he was completely innocuous and had no desire to harm humans, so he was regarded as an ally and a friend. Ryokun had served his and Sesshoumaru's great father, and his loyalty extended to both sons of the Inu No Taishou as well.
"I ran into Sesshoumaru-sama's dragon grazing in the clearing around the bone eaters well, and I came to see if I could be of service to the master." Ryokun, while sweet, was not exactly the brightest, and he always seemed to forget that Sesshoumaru had legitimate non-violent business in these parts.
"Nah, he's jus' here to see Rin again."
"Oh yeah, that little human girl of his…" Ryokun scratched his head, "How is she?"
Inuyasha chuckled, "Well, she ain't so lil anymore, ya gotta remember, humans grow up real fast… In fact," Inuyasha's eyes had a wicked gleam to them, this was just the opportunity he'd been waiting for… to gloat, "He's takin' her as his mate, probably as we speak."
Ryokun blinked stupidly for several heartbeats, "Sesshoumaru-sama… a… human?"
"A human." Inuyasha confirmed with a smug look, "Who'da thought, right? They're even havin' a human wedding in a few days."
Ryokun's face lit up, "This is… This is great! Lord Touga would be so happy! I can't wait until I can tell everyone!"
"Ryoukun…" Inuyasha scratched his head nervously, "I… I dunno if that's such a great idea, I mean…"
The slow-minded wolf youkai bowed low, completely ignoring Inuyasha's words, "Inuyasha-sama, as a servant of the your great and powerful chichiue, I, Ryokun will see to it that every demon is aware of their need to come and offer their respects to the Great and Honorable Sesshoumaru-sama."
Every demon… Inuyasha couldn't help it, he just couldn't help it… After so many years of having Sesshoumaru turn up his nose at him for his human mother, this was just too perfect of a revenge to exact.
"Yeah, Ryokun… I'm uh… Sure that's how he'd want it. You know how he loves to see people bow down to him and all. He'll be happy you made sure that word got out!"
Kami-sama, this is just too damned easy. We'll see what that bastard has to say about this one… Might bring him down a peg or two. "Well Ryokun, I gotta get goin'; the wife is waiting at home for me, after all."
Ryokun bowed again, "You can count on me, Inuyasha-sama!"

Ryokun stood before a group the consisted of a couple of otter youkai, and a kuma-youkai and her cubs, and high up in the trees, a beautiful moth demon. He ended his speech with, "And this is why we must spread the word and all gather to show our respects to Sesshoumaru-sama!"
"A human…?" The otter youkai looked at his son fondly, and remembered the great favor Sesshoumaru-sama had done in saving his life many years ago; human or not, he would bow before Sesshoumaru-sama and his mate. "Never mind, I'll be there!"
"Yeah dad! We have to go and see that Dog youkai again! Maybe I can play with the little fox demon again!"
The bear-youkai nodded, not willing to speak out against Sesshoumaru-sama. "I'll see to it that the Wolf-tribes that live in the caves near me all know to travel to Edo within the next week to show respect. I'm certain with how fast their leader is that they'll be able to make it in time."
"What of the bats to the East? Who will tell them?" Ryokun pondered aloud.
"I will tell the bats. Seeing as they have a hanyou amongst their ranks I'm certain they will come to show their support." The beautiful male moth youkai fluttered effortlessly to the ground. "I owe Inuyasha-sama a favor for killing that worthless older brother of mine anyway…" he mumbled.
"Okay, so we have the tribes of the North and East covered, but what of the water tribes to the south? Inuyasha-sama freed their goddess and defeated the false water-god with Sesshoumaru-sama's help. I'm certain they will wish to attend as well!"
Ryokun thought hard for a minute… "I think I know just the person to spread the word!"
"Housinki, can you deliver a message to the water sprites, and ask them to take it to their goddess in the south?" Ryokun stood before the giant pearl making clam's son, named for his father.
"After the dishonorable actions of my father toward Inuyasha-sama's group… I shall see this as an opportunity to make amends." The giant clam spoke with a deep resounding voice. "That damn Naraku and his jewel shards corrupted him, and made him fight the son of one of his greatest allies, and if not for the efforts of the Inu, we all might have fallen to that damnable spider."
"Thank you very much; I'm certain Sesshoumaru-sama will be most pleased with the turn out!" Ryokun bowed as the giant clam submerged himself once again beneath the waves.
Sitting in the room set aside for guest to dine, Rin sat across from Sesshomaru, smiling as dishes were brought out to her. Her breakfast consisted of rice with raw egg over it, and a few vegetables and pieces of raw tuna.
"Looks wonderful, thank you." She said to the servant girl who had brought the food. Rin noted that Sesshomaru was not having any thing to eat, but only sighed slightly and shook her head. He would never eat 'human' food.
Only after Sesshomaru had dismissed the servant girl, did Rin move to pick up her chop sticks to eat. She was startled slightly when Sesshomaru's large hand gripped her wrist, turning it over carefully, and took the chopsticks from her with his free hand.

Kagome woke entangled in her husband's warm arms, "Ohayou," she whispered.
"Mornin'" Inuyasha grunted, rubbing the sleep from his eyes and slowly sitting up to retrieve his hakama.
"So, are you going to tell Sesshoumaru what you did when he and Rin come by to retrieve her things?" Kagome giggled; she still couldn't believe that Inuyasha had told Ryokun to 'spread the word' about Sesshoumaru and Rin.
"Woman… is your brain broken or sumthin'? I ain't got a death wish." Inuyasha smirked, "Besides, it'll be way more fun if it's a surprise."

Elsewhere…
Kohaku raised his large demon-bone scythe over his head and released, missing his prey by a hair's breathe. "Kuso!" He cursed under his breath, watching as the bird youkai flew higher and higher. "Come on, Kilala!"
The neko-youkai growled and refused to budge, "What's wrong, girl?" Kohaku followed the wise old cat's gaze up to the sky where a large moth youkai was just now fast approaching the smaller bird youkai. It was obvious that the moth was stronger, and would soon over take the bird with his venom.
Kohaku swung his mighty weapon once more, falling far short of hitting the bird, and the moth glanced down with narrowed angry eyes. In a blink, the moth youkai's long tongue snaked out and poisoned the bird, causing it to fall gracelessly from the sky and hit the ground with a painful looking 'thunk'.
The moth fluttered to the ground, just in time to spin a quick web around his prey. He glanced over to the young demon slayer, "Don't interrupt my meal, boy."
Kohaku looked around, a bit confused… What was a moth doing this close to the Eastern mountains? Didn't they usually inhabit the warmer southern areas? "That bird killed and ate a human baby two days ago; I was hired to exterminate it."
"Ah, yes…" The moth licked his lips menacingly, "You are taijiya… Do you intend to try and fight me, little man?"
Kohaku shook his head, dismounting Kilala and addressing the green-haired, silver-skinned moth demon, "I have no quarrel with you, and I wasn't hired to kill you. So long as your prey is other demons, I have no reason to fight with you."
"Good answer." The moth-man sat and waited for the poison to completely consume the bird-youkai.
"You, uh… Sure are a long way from home." Kohaku wanted to find out why the moth was here… He didn't have quarrel with him yet, but if his intentions were to bother the human village only a short distance away, he might just have reason to try and exterminate this youkai as well.
"I have been charged with the extremely important task of delivering a message to the bat-youkai tribe, on behalf of an Inuyoukai lord who has recently taken a mate. Anyone who is anyonehas heard the news by now, I'm sure." The beautiful moth said arrogantly.
Kohaku chuckled, he immediately thought of Sesshoumaru-sama, but yet couldn't possibly imagine that it was Sesshoumaru who was taking a mate… Rin would be devastated! He had to make sure… "I know an Inuyoukai lord… Sesshoumaru-sama. I… owe him a lot." Kohaku glanced down, thinking back to the painful time of being controlled by Naraku, and feeling a fresh wave of gratitude.
"That's the one." The moth nodded, glancing impatiently to his cocoon.
"No way!" Kohaku blurted out. How was he ever going to tell Rin? Oh gods… this was awful! "Who is it?" He just had to know which female youkai was going to be breaking the heart of the girl he thought of as a little sister.
"Some human." The moth reached over and poked the cocoon. There was no movement inside, "I didn't catch her name… Ryokun never mentioned it, but we're all going to Edo, if you would like to pay your respects."
Kohaku's head snapped up. A human… near Edo… It just… had to be… Rin!
The young taijiya smiled, genuinely happy. "I would like that very much!"
The disaffected moth cocked one black brow, making his antenna lift in a comical way. "I shall see you there, then…" He gave a pointed look to the young demon-slayer who was currently beaming at him like a complete and utter fool. He really didn't want to eat his meal in front this… human.
Kohaku shook his head, recognizing a dismissal when he heard one. "Alright then… Uh, enjoy your… meal." He nodded somewhat awkwardly before hopping back on Kilala and bolting up toward the clouds. "Let's go home, girl!"
Kilala roared in happiness, and sped toward the village. With any luck they could make it there in only a couple of days.

"Sesshoumaru-sama?"
"A human? You're sure?"
"Near Edo… Of course, of course!"
"I can't believe it, the old dog followed in his honored father footsteps."
"What's her name? Doesn't anyone know?"
"What do you think… Is a clamshell comb an okay gift for a human?"
"That brat? He's actually going to mate with that brat… Keh. Hikaku, Ginta, let's get a move on; Dog-turd's brother is gettin' himself mated!"
"Do you hear, Shiori? Soon you may have little hanyou to play with, isn't that lovely?" "Yes, mother." "I remember when I met your father… He was so handsome…"
"Jinenji, come 'ere…" "What is it, mother?" "You remember that little girl from forever ago? The one who came to get the Sinensou berries? Seems she really was smitten with that demon after all."

A teal-haired panther demoness addressed her entire tribe, wearing a very self-satisfied smirk, "What do we think? Shall we go and pay that Dog a little visit? He was a most worthy adversary… And we did promise to come back… A cat never forgets, after all…"
"Oh, yes… It has been seven years hasn't it?" A deceptively cute orange haired cat demon piped up.
The leader of the Panther demons bared her fangs, "We will have our revenge, oh yes…"

SPOILERS:
Next Chapter: Back to Sess/Rin action, and Sessmom action, and we introduce Kohaku in to the story!