Naruto Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Yugivania: The Lost Chapters ❯ One-Shot

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Yugivania: The Lost Chapters
by Sakura (aka L-sama no Miko)

Here’s a “missing” chapter from myYugivania series featuring everyone’s favorite tomb robbing yami. This takes place about sometime after Yugivania 3.

Bakura sat away from the others of his ‘family’, not feeling up to yet another weekly party at Ryuuji’s club his fledgling insisted on going to. He’d always love Yugi and Ryou, but it still hurt to see them with the vampires who became their lovers while being separated. In fact, it hurt to see everyone in his family spending time with their loved ones while he had no lover of his own.
He tried to move on during the hundreds of years without his family. He had believed his precious little one and their lover had perished in the fire that had caused their forced separation after all. But he just couldn’t hold on to any of those he’d fallen for. They’d either run away screaming, tried to kill him, or use his power for personal gain once they learnt what the drop dead sexy man truly was. So Bakura had just given up on finding a new love, vowing never to make another fledgling.
Until he came along. The tall brunet had been the splitting image of one of those Bakura had lived with for several millennia. He had the same aristocratic looking face, the same chestnut brown hair, and the same soul piercing ice blue eyes. He had been about to approach him and smack him silly for keeping his survival from him when he saw a small raven haired child follow him out of the arcade he’d been watching. It was then that the albino vampire realized that this was not Seth, that the pharaoh’s high priest was truly dead and gone.
But that didn’t stop him from stalking the mortal and learning every little detail of the CEO’s life. He then snuck into the main Kaiba Corp. office and managed to talk to the teen without Kaiba siccing security on him. Eventually the two had started a fling, however, like all the others since the fire, it ended badly. Seto had found out that the albino had originally been planning on using him so he could have a place to live and money to spend. Also there was the fact that Bakura’s lover was a confirmed workaholic, in other words Seto Kaiba was married to his job.
In spite of Bakura’s pleading that his love was genuine, the CEO had simply refused to believe him. Seeing that Seto was about to throw him out and back onto the streets, Bakura, in a fit of rage and panic, had forced the vampiric transformation on the taller teen. That of course didn’t sit well with his new blue eyed fledgling. Seto had been furious to the point of risking not only physical harm to his sire, but to himself as well.
After much ‘discussion’ the two had come to some sort of unspoken agreement. Bakura would remain to teach him how to survive as one of the undead and to serve him as bodyguard for his younger – and still mortal – brother Mokuba; without payment of course.
That had been over eleven years ago and the brunet vampire now had a fledgling of his own, one he would love for all eternity. The white haired vampire smiled sadly as his youngest fledgling sat across from the slightly taller copy of Yugi, his hard, cold sapphires glued to the cards in his marble like hand.
Bakura sighed and went back to surveying the throngs of Gosi-Loli teenagers and other children of the night. He suddenly caught the stench of an all too familiar ‘acquaintance’, one he’d hoped never to see again for the rest of his eternity. That was one fling he wound up regretting the most.
He had been extremely emotionally vulnerable at the time. He had finally recovered from the burns caused by escaping from the inferno that was once their home and was hungry for companionship. The young vampire had more than willingly allowed the albino to stay; he even initiated the affair, seducing the older one into his bed. However, Bakura had ended it quickly once he’d learnt his ‘companion’ was just using him for his power. Every vampire knew that having ties to one as old and powerful as Bakura meant instant social status amongst their kind.
That was not a pretty break up. The youngling was mad, as in straight jacket mad, and power hungry as well. The two had nearly destroyed an entire village during their fight and Bakura had been extremely lucky to walk away from that battle with his life – he had still been recovering and hadn’t been at his full strength.
‘Great, just frickin’ great,’ the albino vampire snarled, He just has to show up now of all times doesn’t he?!’
Following the scent, his eyes traveled over to the bar where instead of red eyes and long, spiky raven hair he spied a young boy with short spiky black hair that was pulled up in the back. He appeared to be around seventeen or so. Curious, Bakura crept silently over to the teen who had that particular scent all over him.
Upon closer inspection he saw the boy had the same pale complexion as his so called ‘acquaintance’ as well as a familial resemblance. He was about to turn and leave when he realized that even though the boy positively reeked of that man, he still had the scent of a mortal underneath.
Normally, Bakura wouldn’t interfere with another vampire’s chosen pet – and definitely not after losing Ryou – but he somehow felt compelled to warn the boy about his choice in company.
The albino sat down beside the boy, motioning to Malik to bring his usual. The blond vampire eyed his friend quizzically for a moment, but quickly went about filling orders.
“He’s dangerous you know,” Bakura said, holding onto the glass Malik had brought over.
The boy didn’t turn, though his coal black eyes slid to glance at the man.
“Hn. Like I care,” the teen spat, nursing his own drink, not even bothered by this stranger’s sudden comments.
“Just doing you a favor here, kid, you don’t know what you’re messing with.”
“None of your business,” the boy shot before getting up and leaving.
“Damn Uchihas,” Bakura muttered, “too arrogant for their own good.”
“Glad to see you still have that winning personality, Bakura my old friend,” came the voice he’d been dreading the moment he caught the vampire’s foul stench.
“You and I were hardly friends, Madara. Now get lost!”
“Aww, but it’s been so long since I last saw you. I thought you’d be happy to see me again anyway,” he said draping one pale arm over the older vampire’s shoulder and started tracing patterns over the dark blue clad chest.
Bakura growled and grabbed the offending appendage, clutching it in a vise like grip and jerking it away from his person. “Well, I’m not!” he snarled, “Get lost Uchiha before I make you.”
“You’ve changed,” the taller man said, smirking smugly. “You weren’t always so eager to risk harming innocent mortals.”
“People change,” he ground out, black lightning crackling along his free arm. Blood red and black eyes spun and widened slightly as he watched the energy swirl and gather at the shorter one’s hand. “Bring it!”
“Where is he?” the boy from earlier said, coming over to them, coal black eyes widening at the black lightning. “You said Itachi would be here,” the teen said after the initial shock had worn off. “I’m only with you so I can kill that b@$^@%d; stop playing games with me.”
Sighing, Madara backed down; he had more pressing business to attend to -- like using this current pawn to take down his own fledgling and latest rival for power. “So I did,” he said, addressing the teen. “You really need to learn to be patient, Sasuke-kun.”
“Hn,” was Sasuke’s reply.
“It was good to see you again, old friend.” Madara said cheerfully as he wrapped an arm around the boy’s shoulders. “But as you can see I have other things to take care of. Perhaps later…”
“Not going to happen, old friend,” Bakura snapped before the younger vampire could finish.
“A pity then,” Madara replied. “Come along Sasuke-kun.” Sasuke ‘hn’ed once more as he shrugged off the vampire’s arm and followed his ancestor deeper into the crowds.
“I really hate Uchihas,” the albino muttered, going back to his table only to see it was now occupied by a pale skinned redhead and tan skinned blond.
Bakura’s silvery red eyes went wide in genuine surprise upon recognizing said redhead. “Sasori?!” he beamed. It had been over a thousand years since any of his family had seen him. “Where the f*&% have you been hiding?!” he crowed, pulling the slightly taller vampire into a fierce hug.
“Good to see you too, ‘Kura. The others are well I trust,” Sasori replied, smiling and returning the hug. The redhead looked questioningly at his friend’s sudden solemn look.
“Got time?” Bakura asked sitting down.
“How about all of eternity?” the redhead quipped dryly.
The albino vampire laughed; the first wholehearted one since before the fire. “Same old scorpion,” he said, giving his friend a wide grin.
“Master?” the petit blond queried, curious as to what was going on.
“Tch, where are my manners?” Sasori said, sheepishly. “This is Touzokuou Bakura, an old dear friend of mine, little fox. It’s been too long since I’ve seen him. ‘Kura, I’d like you meet Naruto Uzumaki, my latest childe.” The blond clung timidly to the redhead’s fishnet clad arm, fearful sapphires the color of the deepest ocean eyeing the albino cautiously. Sasori gently pressed the blond forward, but still allowed Naruto to cling to him. “Don’t be shy now, little fox. ‘Kura won’t hurt you.”
Bakura felt a stab of pity for the blond boy. He knew an abused fledgling when he saw one. His beloved Ryou had almost been just as broken when he came into his life. His eyes darkened to a deep garnet, silently challenging his friend to start explaining or else. It wasn’t like Sasori to start abusing his fledglings.
“Madara Uchiha,” was all the redhead would say before sitting across from the albino. He opened his arms and the boy eagerly leapt into Sasori’s lap, nuzzling his cheek against his sire’s fishnet clad chest.
“Ah,” Bakura said, taking a sip of his drink. Sasori raised one finely sculpted eyebrow, not expecting the older vampire to have heard of the upstart.
“I found him wandering the building I happened to be sharing with that scum at the time. The poor brat had been completely broken and was severely malnourished,” the redhead snarled, causing Naruto to whimper. Sasori whispered an apology to the skittish blond vampire and began rubbing soothing patterns along the boy’s back.
“So you ‘rescued’ him from that nutjob,” the white haired vampire supplied.
“I thought it’d be a fun joke if I claimed the little fox completely before he could,” Sasori replied, taking a sip from his own drink. “So far, in the five years we’ve been together, I hadn’t regretted it once.”
“I must admit,” Bakura said, smiling sadly, “he is rather kawaii. You two look good together.”
Sasori chuckled and Naruto blushed. “Glad to see you approve. But tell me, what’s happened, Bakura,” the redhead asked, all joking gone now, “You’re not your old self, my friend.”
“Like I said, got time?”

*********************************************************

“I am truly sorry for you, Bakura,” Sasori said, laying a sympathetic hand on the albino’s arm. “You’re one of the few beings I can actually stand.”
“Thanks, I think,” Bakura jibed, grateful for his friend’s support.
“But Madara of all people?!” the slightly taller vampire chided.
“I had just survived a fire!” Bakura shot back, “And on top of that, I thought all those I cared for had been killed in that fire! Give me a break, Sasori!”
“I know. But just the thought of the two of you together is enough to make my skin crawl,” Sasori replied, his thin frame shuddering slightly.
“Believe me, Sasori, that is one thing I never want to do again. I’d throw myself into the fires of hell themselves before I did.”
“Glad to hear that, ‘Kura. You do know he’s in this very club don’t you?”
“Don’t remind me, Saso. I ran into him just before I saw you.”
“Oh, that explains why you looked liked you’d been drinking crocodile blood.”
The blood of animals wasn’t exactly the tastiest stuff around, but according to his white haired friend, the blood of reptiles – especially crocodiles – was some of the nastiest tasting vintages around.
“Master?” Naruto queried, curious about his sire’s mischievous smirk. “I’ll explain later, my little fox.” Naruto pouted slightly, but accepted his master’s answer.
“I’ve been wondering two things,” Bakura started, catching the slightly younger vampire’s attention.
“And what would they be?”
“One, where the heck’s that blond tornado of yours, and two, why do you call the kid ‘little fox’?”
Sasori chuckled. “If by blond tornado, you mean Deidara, then he’s around here somewhere; probably having a blast out on the dance floor as usual. As for calling Naru-chan here ‘little fox’, it’s because he is one.” Bakura raised an eyebrow. Sasori smiled at his friend’s confusion. “I know he no longer smells like one, but there was some fox demon blood in him while he was mortal,” the redheaded vampire explained.
“I should have known those weren’t scars on his face,” Bakura said, eyeing the six scratch-like marks on the blond’s cheeks.
“Oi Danna!!” called a tall blond as he emerged from the teeming sea of people. “You can’t just hide here with Naru-chan all night, un!” The blond vampire was about to drag his sire and on again/off again lover out of his seat when he spied the white haired man at the other side of the table. “Baku-chan!!” he squealed then promptly glomped the older vampire and began squeezing the life out of him. “It’s been ages, un!”
“Put him down before you kill him, brat,” Sasori scolded jovially. The taller blond pouted slightly, but obeyed his sire and released the albino from his death grip.
“How’ve ya been, kid?” Bakura wheezed.
“Danna, still won’t appreciate my art,” Deidara whined.
“I wonder why,” Bakura quipped under his breath. The blond vampire’s idea of art was to blow everything under the sun he could get his hands on to kingdom come.
“Deidara,” Sasori warned, noticing his fledgling’s hands twitch and start inching toward one of his pockets. “You better not have clay in your pockets. I don’t want us thrown out of yet another club.”
The blond ‘eeped’. “Um… n-no danna?”
“I don’t believe you! How many times must I tell you to leave the explosives at home when we go out?” The redhead sighed exasperatedly and grabbed the blond’s ponytail. “Sorry to leave so soon, ‘Kura, but I’ve got to retrain this idiot brat of mine. Again.”
Bakura chuckled at his friends’ antics, remembering all the times he and a certain spiky haired pharaoh caused trouble for their sire. “Hey Saso!” he called. Sasori paused in mid-step. “We’re staying at the Kaiba estate for now so don’t you be strangers, you hear.”
“Thanks for the invite,” Sasori shot back, smiling, “We’ll drop by once Dei-kun’s finished with his lessons.” The taller blond gave a nervous gulp. He was in for it now, by the look in his sire’s eyes, Deidara probably wouldn’t be able to sit for weeks let alone walk.
Bakura shook his head, still smiling as the redhead and two blondes made their way to the exit.

************************************************************ *****

“Please remove your hands!” a frightened voice pleaded, catching the albino vampire’s attention.
Bakura looked up at the speaker. It was a young girl, her long raven hair done up in a bun while two locks framed her delicate pale face perfectly. A simple black leather choker was around her slender neck. His eyes traveled lower and glanced appreciatively at the tight royal blue tee hugging her chest. It went well with the black fishnet shirt she wore underneath. Silvery red continued their appraisal of the girl, his mouth practically watering over long slender legs encased in tight black jeans and knee length boots. However, his silver red eyes narrowed and darkened at what else they saw.
Madara had his hands on the girl’s arms and was leaning over her as she desperately tried to push the raven haired vampire off.
“I don’t think so,” Madara growled. “You’re coming with me.”
Bakura remembered the little blond Sasori had with him and shuddered. It looked like his ‘friend’ was about to create another Naruto. For the second time that night, the albino vampire found himself compelled to intervene. He purposefully strode over to the taller vampire and confronted him.
“Let the girl go, Madara. She doesn’t want you, you’re much too ugly,” he said grabbing hold of the Uchiha’s arm.
“Interfering where you’re not wanted yet again? It’s not like you Baku-chan,” Madara growled. “This doesn’t concern you.”
“I saw Naruto,” the shorter vampire hissed back. The taller vampire stiffened slightly at the mention of his former pet.
“Ran into Sasori, I see. Still this is none of your business.”
“I’m making it my business,” Bakura snapped. He forced himself between the girl and Madara. Before the taller vampire can blink, he found his throat seized by one pale hand, black lightning crackling up along Bakura’s arm toward his neck. The taller vampire cringed at the tingles on his skin the black substance was causing. “I wasn’t at full power when we last fought, care for a rematch, old friend?
Madara gulped; he could sense the sheer amount of power Bakura was now exuding. It was far more he had originally imagined. As much as he would love to have that power under his control, the Uchiha wasn’t that insane. “Fine. The mortal’s yours, for now. But I’d keep a close eye on that one.” Madara glanced over at the girl and licked his lips at the thought of claiming such a prize.
“Not gonna happen, Madara,” Bakura snarled.
Madara huffed then stormed away, deciding to search for his latest pawn.
“I-I must thank you,” the girl said, bowing low. “There was no way I could have fought such a strong vampire.”
He looked at her quizzically, wondering why she was there alone. Ryuuji’s club had one rule that couldn’t be broken no matter what – any human wishing to enter must be accompanied by a vampire or some other supernatural creature. It was there so that none of the fanatical ‘monster hunters’ (primarily the Belmont clan) could learn of the place and its vampire owner.
She gave a wry smile. “I’m not surprised you thought I was a human.”
“What are you then?” Bakura asked, seeing her scent wasn’t human now that he’d gotten a better chance to really check her out.
“I am half ice demon,” she whispered forlornly. She really didn’t like being reminded of her past. The pain of losing those she’d loved still fresh in her heart, though it’d been many years.
The albino vampire’s eyes widened in shock; he thought the ice demons had all died out or vanished or something like that. No one had seen or heard from them in centuries. “So that is why he was after you,” he said.
“Yes. It seems he’s the type who likes to collect power.”
Bakura nodded, knowing all too well about Madara’s obsession with power. “You’d best leave this city then. Better yet leave Japan altogether.”
The girl sighed. “I would if I could, but I’m looking for someone. Someone, he had.”
“Naruto,” the vampire said, guessing at who she’d meant.
“You know where he is?!” she asked, worried for her dear friend’s safety.
“He’s… safe,” was all Bakura said, not wanting to pain this delicate looking girl with the knowledge of what Madara had done to the petit blond.
“Please! You have to tell me! Where is Naruto?!” she begged, slender delicate hands clasping his midnight blue shirt in desperation. “I-I’ll do anything you want just tell me where he is!” Bakura stiffened. This rarity of a beauty was that kind of girl?! Was that how she caught Madara’s attention? “Please!” she begged again.
The vampire’s eyes softened at the tears glistening in her warm chocolate eyes. “He’s living with a friend of mine,” he relented. “He’s happy,” he added, answering her next unspoken question, “He’s loved.” He couldn’t hide the sadness in his own voice, his once brightened mood now completely ruined.
“I-I am glad,” she murmured, “This friend… he treats him well?”
The white haired vampire nodded. “He dotes on him.” The girl stood in silence for several minutes. “They’ll probably be dropping by my place in a few days,” Bakura offered, shocking himself in the process. Not since Seto had he dared approach another, let alone invite anyone to his home. What was it about this girl that made him long for her company? It certainly wasn’t because of her heritage. He was not like Madara. Power no longer meant anything now that he was no longer mortal.
The girl stared at him warily. “It’s not what you’re thinking,” Bakura said, trying his best to assuage her fears. “I’m not like him,” he spat venomously. She continued to stare at him intently; determined to see for herself what this vampire was like. She could see the hate for the other vampire swirling clearly in his intriguing silvery red orbs but was surprised to see the loneliness, sadness, and pain lying deeper within those enchanting depths. ‘What could have possibly happened to this man to make him harbor such sorrow?’ she pondered. ‘A sorrow to match my own,’ she added.
“I believe you,” she said, making up her mind, “I am grateful for your offer.” She then bowed low again.
“Madara’s too dangerous for a girl like you to be on her own,” replied Bakura. “I’m Bakura by the way.”
“My name’s Haku,” she said smiling mischievously, “Oh, and by the way, I’m a boy.”

************************************************************ **

It was five days later when Sasori had brought his two fledglings to the Kaiba estate. Marik had been ecstatic to see his best friend once more. To say that Naruto had been shocked to see the kind and gentle boy he had met while living on the streets oh so long ago was quite the understatement. Haku and Naruto’s reunion had been a bittersweet one for the blond had been both scared and ashamed to let the other boy near him. It had hurt Haku deeply, but after a lengthy explanation from Naruto’s redheaded sire, the raven haired half-breed grew to accept the smaller one’s distance and to hate a certain Uchiha even more.
Sasori’s visit had lasted well into the early hours of the coming dawn and the redhead had to drag a very reluctant Deidara from Marik. After bidding their friends farewell, and making them promise to return, each vampire disappeared into the vast mansion for the night, or day to be precise.
That was how Bakura found Haku still sitting in the lounge chair, looking utterly miserable. “That’s why I didn’t want to tell you,” the white haired man said, laying a hand on the boy’s shoulder.
“I appreciate you wanting to spare me Bakura-san, but I am glad to have found out. I can rest now knowing that Naruto-kun will be treasured for the rest of his life.”
“You’d be too,” the vampire whispered, too soft for most mortal ears. During those five days, he’d come to care for the lonely boy. He had seen the same deep sadness that was festering in his soul mirrored in Haku’s own captivating chocolate pools. In this small delicate and much too feminine looking boy, he had found someone who could understand the pain he’d been through. ‘If only you knew, tenshi.’
“Bakura-san?” Haku asked, blinking at what he thought he’d heard. “D-Did you say what I thought you said?” Did this vampire have feelings for him? He was dead certain Bakura didn’t want him the way Madara had, but vampires had been known to be extremely good actors. ‘I do like him and he has been so kind to me; the others here as well. But could such a relationship even exist between us? It’s been so long since I’ve had anyone.’
Diamond tears dripped from the boy’s eyes as he remembered the man who raised him after losing his parents to one of the infamous Belmont clan. Zabuza had been a traveling mercenary and in a world where war was rapidly disappearing, work was hard to come by. It was a harsh life, yes, but Haku was content. He had someone who cared enough to look after him, to teach him, to stay with him. Then death came to claim his beloved master. Zabuza had died the way he had wanted to, out on the battlefield in a blaze of glory.
That was ten years ago and he’d been living on his own ever since.
“Haku…” began Bakura. Whatever he had wanted to say vanished at the sight of the boy’s tears. He found himself wrapping his arms around the boy and pulling him into a tight embrace. It hurt him deeply to see such a lovely angel weep so. “What’s the matter tenshi?”
“D-Don’t,” Haku said, coldly between sniffles. “D-Don’t pretend you care. I-I can’t bear to be hurt again.”
Bakura inwardly growled at the boy’s hurtful words. How dare he assume he didn’t care! “Look at me, Haku!” the vampire commanded when the boy shut his eyes, “Do I look like I’m lying to you?” He placed his hands on the half-breed’s face and forced him to look at him.
Haku could do nothing but stare into those silver red gems. He gasped at what he saw. Anger at being doubted; Fear of being rejected; Fear of hurting him; Longing for companionship; Lust for him; But most important of all, a deep understanding love. A love for him that would not end, not even after death had claimed either of them.
“A-Am I dreaming?” Haku whispered.
“If so, then I hope we never wake up,” Bakura whispered back before pressing his lips to the raven haired boy’s.
Tears continued to stream from Haku’s eyes as he allowed himself to return the vampire’s kiss. It started out slow, each frightened they’d scare the other off should they go too fast. Eventually, their hunger for each other grew and the kiss became more desperate, something more primal with each passing heartbeat.
“H-Haku…” the albino panted out, bending down to kiss and nip at the boy’s delicate neck.
“Yesss…” Haku moaned in return, arching his head just so. Bakura didn’t need anymore encouragement and sank his sharp fangs into the soft skin. The half-breed gasped shortly at the pain, but soon went back to moaning his soon to be mate’s name as Bakura suckled from him.
“My tenshi,” Bakura murmured before slashing his own neck with a fingernail.
“Y-Yours...” the boy moaned then lowered his mouth to the offered liquid, drinking in the essence of his sire and lover.

~Owari~


Sakura: Darn this thing!! It really is the fic that just won’t die!! This is your fault Sasori-danna!
Sasori: Oh? And why would this drivel be my fault?

Sakura: You’re the one who put that Saso/Naru idea into L-sama’s head! I just know it!

L-sama: Who put what in whose head, miko?

Sakura: Eep! Kura-sama help!!

Bakura: About time you got back to me, onna!!

Sakura: Don’t thank me, thank the boss. She’s the one who made me stay home all day to work on this thing!

Sasuke: Care to explain why I had to be around, him?

Sakura: Simple brat. I HATE the both of you!! So don’t think for an instant I’m letting you anywhere near Naru-chan.

Sasuke: Hn. Like I’d care about that dobe!

Naru: What’d you say teme?!

Sasuke: Are you getting deaf as well, I called you a –

Sakura: Shut it Uchiha or I’ll shut it for you. Permanently.

Sasuke: Hn.

Sakura: Hmph. Brats. Anyhoo, lemme know what you think of this latest bit ppl. I liiiiiiiiive for feedback!