Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Crests of the Sky ❯ The Vanishing Mist :: Chrome and Mukuro ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There weren't many things in this world that Rokudo Mukuro cared for. He didn't care for his parents who were never around despite the fact that they made a great deal of money with both their jobs, and could both set their own work hours. He didn't care for doctors, or scientists who couldn't cure one little girl from an illness that was slowly killing her. He didn't care for other people in general because they simply weren't important. There were so many things that Mukuro didn't care about that it was much easier to list what he did care about.
Mukuro would never admit he cared about the two young men that were having a one sided argument down stairs in the living room of his house as they waited for him. He never asked the loud blonde, or the quiet dark haired male to act in a way that made them seem like they were his lackeys.
However he would admit that he cared for the girl who was sitting on her bed in front of him with what looked to be a little ball of fire in her arms, and another strange creature next to her. When they were around others it was never admitted directly, but it was still made very clear that Mukuro did not tolerate anyone bullying, teasing, or doing anything harmful towards his dear Chrome.
“Chrome...” Mukuro spoke slowly from the door way of the girl's bedroom. “Where did those come from?”
--- --- ---
It was safe to say that when Chrome was woken up at an very early hour of the morning by a light coming from her computer she was quite freaked out. It also didn't help the girl when two eggs, rings, and strange electronic devices came from the computer as well.
Chrome wasn't the strongest young woman. She was ill, and missing an eye from an accident that had happened when she was younger. In that same accident that Chrome lost her eye she also lost her parents. Because she was sick even back then instead of being bounced from foster home to foster home she stayed at a hospital where she could get twenty-four hour care. She had stayed there for quite awhile, and because she was so quiet and kept to her self she never really made friends.
Actually the only friends she had were Mukuro, Ken, and Chikusa, and Chrome couldn't even begin to imagine why someone like Mukuro would want to be her friend. He was rich, and handsome, and self confident, and could get anything he wanted. He wasn't afraid of talking to other people, using other people. Hell as far as Chrome could tell he wasn't afraid of anything!
Unlike her Mukuro was strong, or so Chrome thought. Chrome did not have much confidence in her self. She didn't find her self pretty, and she covered her missing eye with an eyepatch. She was shy, and nervous around other people because she had never really talked to others, even before her accident.
 
They had only spoken a few time in the hospital before she learned that she had been adopted by the young man's parents, and she even got a new name! She had asked him a few times why, and he never responded with an answer she could understand. It wasn't that she wasn't grateful, she just didn't understand! Eventually she stopped asking.
Anyways It was safe to say that Chrome hadn't gotten back to sleep right away that night, nor did she touch the eggs and other things that had come from her computer and landed on her bed. She didn't realize it when she fell asleep, but she did notice when something very warm was right in front of her face, and that woke her up. Opening her one eye she saw... A little ball of fire?
The girl was so startled she fell off of her bed. The little ball of five bounced over to the edge of her bed, along with another little thing that reminded her of a plush toy and had a large horn bounced up and down like it was mad.
“You scared her! That's no cool!” He exclaimed.
The little fireball also started bouncing up and down on her bed like it was angry. Chrome was amassed that her bed wasn't going up in flames as she watched the two strange creatures bounce up and down and argue with each other, her single purple eye wide.
When Chrome heard someone walking past her room and quickly got up realizing that Mukuro would hear the two if she didn't stop them. Climbing back onto her bed she picked up the plush toy looking one with the horn rather then the fire ball. It may not have burned her bed, but it could still burn her.
“A-Ah, I-I'm ok. Let, let's not fight.” The girl said nervously to the squirming creature in her arms. The little fireball seemed to sulk that it wasn't the one that had been picked up.
The furry creature stopped struggling and pouted, mumbling that it would listen. Chrome lessened her hold on the creature and the next thing she knew the fireball creature head butted the furry creature out of her arms and took it's place before it glared at the other creature that was now next to Chrome.
“A-Ah...” Chrome said with a blink.
“Get your own partner...” The little fireball grumbled at the other creature who was starting to bounce again in anger.
“Chrome...” The girl's head shot up to look at the door way. Standing there was the last person she wanted to see. “Where did those come from?” Mukuro asked slowly almost glaring glaring at the two creatures.
“A-Ah, th-they came from the computer i-in the middle of the night...” Chrome said her face tinting pink as her one eye averted form the only person who seemed to care for her. What she had said sounded ridiculous even to her, who had witnessed the two eggs and things coming out of her desktop computer.
Chrome did not expect Mukuro to believe her at all. She hugged the little fire ball in her arms closer to her self as she waited for his answer. She saw too late that the creature with the large horn had picked up the ring and device with it's horn seeing as both were attached to a chair and was bouncing across her bed and towards Mukuro.
“A-Ah...” The girl watched as it started bouncing up and down again at Mukuro feet, coming up as high as the male's waist before it went back to the ground, and started talking to him.
“Hi there partner! I'm Tsunomon!” It said while bouncing. Raising a brow in apparent amusement Mukuro caught the thing by it's horn the next bounce and held it up to eye level.
--- --- ---
To say Mukuro was surprised when one of the creatures came over and started bouncing and talking to him was not wrong. It was also slightly amusing because the thing never got above his waist. He briefly wondered what it was made of. Finally he caught the thing by it's horn, and held it up so he could see it properly. As he did he saw a strange device and ring that the thing was carrying.
“Oh? And what exactly are you doing in my dear Chrome's room Tsunomon?” He asked it mildly.
Tsunomon blinked, “Well, I landed here. I thought she might be my partner, but she's not! You two have a similar power though.” It said. Mukuro had to admit that this was the most amusing little thing he had seen in a long time. He wouldn't mind keeping it around as long as it stayed amusing.
Shifting his hold on Tsunomon he went form holding the digimon by it's horn, to holding it under his arm, like one would do to a soccer ball. He then removed the electronic and ring that were on the chain that was hanging off it's horn.
“These must be mine then.” He commented sticking the electronic and the ring into the pocket of the uniform, Mukuro would look closer at them later. Looking to Chrome he saw she was still sitting on her bed in her pajamas, and she wouldn't look at him. the silly girl most likely though he wouldn't believe her, and make fun of her.
Putting on his best charming prince smile he addressed the girl. “Chrome-chan, we'll be late if you don't hurry and get dressed.”
Her response was a wide eyed stare and a nod before Chrome got off her bed to change, leaving the little fireball there to wait. Satisfied with this response Mukuro left the room, closing the door behind him.
--- --- ---
Chrome heard the door to her room click shut as she found one of the skirts to her school uniform. She stopped and looked at the door wonderingly for a moment. Why hadn't he said he didn't believe her? Her story sounded crazy even to her self! Shaking her head she found one of her uniform tops and changed into it quickly.
Going over to the mirror in her room she took the time to brush out her hair, and then style it up like Mukuro did his. Unlike what most people thought Chrome didn't copy his hair style because he was the only person who liked her. She used the same hair style because she thought it was charming, a cute look even on her. Grabbing her black eyepatch, decorated with a single skull, she put it on instead of the one she slept with. She was checking her appearance when the little fireball came bouncing over and set down the light purple and grey electronic and a ring like the one Tsunomon had given Mukuro.
Chrome blinked her one eye at the little fireball, “Those are yours, you have to keep them with you all the time got it?” It said. Chrome nodded, removing the device from the chain she clipped the electronic the her skirt, and then she hung the ring necklace around her neck.
“What's your name?” Chrome asked quietly. She didn't want to call the thing fireball all the time.
“Demimiramon.” It replied simply before it launched it self at Chrome who caught it out of reflex.
The girl nodded and turned to her computer to turn it off, she didn't want anything else getting into her room, only to find it glowing strangely again. She stepped back from the computer, holding Demimiramon closer to her.
“Ah! Mukuro-!” She tried calling before the light got blinding and Chrome felt like she was picked up and whisked away.
--- --- ---
Mukuro was waiting in the kitchen for Chrome with Tsunomon. Honestly the digimon ate as much as Ken did, and had about the same level of table manners as well. The blue haired male looked at the oven clock and frowned, she was taking too long. It never ever took her this long to get ready for the day. Maybe she wasn't feeling well? No, she had seemed fine just a bit ago.
Leaving Tsunomon behind in the kitchen Mukuro went back up to Chrome's room, knocking on the door to see if she was ready yet. Nothing. There was no sound coming form her room, and Chrome didn't answer her door either. Clue one that something was wrong. Opening the door Mukuro didn't see anything out of the ordinary other then the fact the room was empty. Chrome wasn't in there, and neither was that little fireball.
Turning around Mukuro went into the living room where Ken and Chikusa were waiting. ken exclaimed his name gleefully, like a child who hadn't seen their big brother in a long time. He was ignored as Mukuro swept his dual colored eyes across the room.
“Mukuro-sama?” ken asked in his quiet voice as he pushed his glasses up his face.
“Chrome isn't down here.” Mukuro stated.
The dark haired male shook his head, “We haven't seen her yet.” He replied.
Mukuro frowned and stopped paying attention to them. Some one sided argument was started by Ken. Chrome was not the kind of girl who snuck out of windows or back doors. The fact that she was not here bothered Mukuro greatly when he remembered that she had said the two creatures come from her computer at some ungodly hour of the night.
"Then where," At the sound of Mukuro's voice the one sided bickering between Ken and Chikusa stopped. One look at Mukuro made the blonde cringe, Mukuro was obviously not happy. "Is my darling Chrome if she has not left the house through the front door?"
When Mukuro got no answer form the other two young men he turned around and went back upstairs, and into Chrome's room. Chrome's empty room not even the ring, electronic, and strange little fire creature were left behind, and no trace of where his darling little Chrome could have gone. Dual colored eyes narrowed seeing that her computer was still on.