Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Bittersweet ❯ Silent Flowers ( Chapter 34 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Thirty-Four: Silent Flowers:

She opened her eyes to the cold. This place felt eerily familiar though she couldn't grasp why. I don't like this already, she thought. She sat up for a better look. A frown came across her face. This is a morgue, she thought. I'm in a morgue. I'm in a damn morgue! She laughed in dead silence. How lovely! How fucking lovely!

An icy chill raced down her spine as a low moan caught her ears. Against her better judgment, she turned to her left. A body lay under a sheet. She didn't want to look, but… Her hand inched towards the sheet. Her heart pounded in her throat. Her fingers touched the sheet and drew it back. Her eyes widened with fear when she saw the bloated and burned corpse of a fifteen-year-old teenage girl. The Kanji for Eda-Kimoto and a flower was burned into the ribcage.

"Aunt Yumiko!" she gasped. Another cold hit her back. She turned to her right. Another body on a slab under a sheet. She reached forward and lifted up the sheet. More shock filled her. She saw the beaten corpse of a thirteen-year-old girl on the table. Her hands shook.

"Aunt Kirika!" she said. Another cold brushed against her spine. She tightly shut her eyes. No! Not another body! No! I can't bear it! However, she looked behind her anyway. Daisuke's beaten corpse floated before her with the burn marks of Eda-Kimoto and "bear" on his wrists.

"Papa!" she cried. Suddenly, her pain started up again.

"My wrists!" she cried. Her own burn marks became so cold they burned. Their blue light blinded her eyes.

"S-So cold!" she whimpered. She grabbed onto her wrists. More cold hit her back. She shut her eyes again. No more! I don't want to see another body! The pain in her wrists increased. She turned behind her. They all had the same marks that she and her father did. Her eyes widened in panic.

These are Yasuo's victims! More cold and pain ate at her body. She looked around above her against her better judgment. More bodies began falling from the open hole above her. The flood didn't stop. The pain crushed her mind as her soul tried to escape from her body to Yasuo's waiting kitsune. Her body began to sink with her mind into a black hole. Down into…