Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Urusei Yatsura Fan Fiction ❯ Two Less Lonely People ❯ Two Less Lonely People ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Two Less Lonely People
A songfic by Tsukino Kage Spectre set in Fred Herriot's "Lonely Souls" fanfic based on "Urusei Yatsura" and "Ranma One Half" by Rumiko Takahashi
Original by Howard Hreenfield and Ken Hirsch
***
As I post this on the net, I am also sending a copy to Mr. Herriot and hopefully he will respond to it unlike the last one I sent him concerning his other fanfic, "In the End". Some of the scenes following were written by him originally in "Lonely Souls Part 1: Solitudes". The * will mark where new material begins, everything before in terms of scene will be the ones done by Fred Herriot. A second * will denote the beginning of more material that was written by Mr. Herriot, everything after of which will be his work. Chronologically, this songfic was meant to fit into that particular scene. I blame Disney for the creation of this particular songfic. Growing up, I had been exposed to alot of their animated movies, and seeing characters spontaneously burst out into song as background music starts playing while in the middle of a convienient scene is something that occurred alot in them, thus, making me imagine the same of other works, and getting disappointed as when they don't.
***
Ataru comes up, unslinging his backpack. Dropping that to his side, he then offers his hand. "It's a wonder that we haven't met beforehand, Saotome-san. I'm Ataru Moroboshi and this's my sister Negako, Grandmistress of the Moroboshi-Hana Saikoo Jinseijitsu Ninjitsu-ryuu."
Ranma jolts, staring at him for a second, then her eyes fall back on Negako. She's MUCH more than she seems, especially if he's calling her the 'grandmistress' of her Art! echoes deep inside the transformed martial artist's mind, then she catches herself. Grasping his hand, she nods. "Um, y-yeah! S-sorry about that! Pleased to meetcha, Moroboshi-san..."
Then her eyes lock with his.
***
Ataru:
I was down, my dreams were wearing thin
When your lost, where do you begin

(They freeze in place for a moment. Time becomes meaningless
as the vast panorama of emotions a person's eyes can reflect on
viewers becomes an open book for them both.)

Ranma:
My heart always seemed to drift from day to day
Looking for the love, that never came my way

(In what seems an eternity to them, all the pain and suffering, all the confusion and misunderstandings, all the dreams and nightmares, all the
loneliness -- it is as if they, who had just met now, had actually known each other since they were born.)

Ataru:
Then you smiled and I reached out to you
I could tell you were lonely too

(Another eternity flashes, then Ataru's hand comes up to encompass Ranma's. Each feeling the beginnings of a smile, and noticing the same of the other.)

Ranma:
One look then it all began for you and me
The moment that we touched, I knew that there would be

(She reflects his action with her own hand, their eyes never wavering from the other's. Gazing upon each other thoughts churn in their heads, seeming to form words with looks.)

*

Sisters:
Two less lonely people in the world
And it's gonna be fine

(The world dims, fading away as spotlights fall on the two, as the sisters, now unseen, sing out the chorus.)

All:
Out of all the people in the world
I just can't believe your mine

(Ataru and Ranma sing with them as fireworks in the shape of a cartoon heart fire off in the black background.)

All:
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right

(Hologram like images of Lum, Akane, and both sets of parents for the two appear in the black background as the heart fades.)

All:
Now there's two less lonely people in the world tonight

(We see the sisters surrounding them, coming into focus from the shadows.)

Ataru:
Just to think, what I might have missed
Looking back, how did I exist

(The left profile of his face closes up on half the screen, with the background once again going dim. Images of the beatings he got from the Tomobiki cast, minus his parents and Lum, appear hologram like superimposed on the darkness.)

Ranma:
I've dreamed, still I never thought I'd come this far
But miracles come true, I know 'cause here we are

(Camera pans to show Ranma's face in right profile as holographic images of the beatings she got from the Nerima gang show on the background, except for the ones she got from her parents and Akane. They'll all come later, but not yet here.)

Sisters:
Two less lonely people in the world
And it's gonna be fine

(Both come together in the middle of the screen as the camera pans then the camera moves slowly so that they end up in the left side of the screen.)

All:
Out of all the people in the world
I just can't believe your mine

(An image of Lum frying Ataru with her 'Divine Retribution' comes into the screen and is quickly replaced by an image of a female Ranma getting malleted by Akane into the sky through the Tendo roof.)

All:
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right

(The images change to Ataru getting berated by his mother while his father hides yet again behind a newspaper, quickly replaced by an angry faced Genma pouncing on a female Ranma as Nodoka looks on with a frown fingering her katana, her hand already on the hilt.)

All:
Now there's two less lonely people in the world tonight

(The images fade out as the two go into lip-lock an go to the center of the screen while a little cupid flies overhead with a heart shaped arrow nocked in a bow carried in his hands.)

Ranma and Ataru:
Tonight I fell in love with you
And all the things I never knew

(The cheering of the sisters startle them as they come into focus and the lovers' faces redden...)

Ranma and Ataru:
Seem to come to me somehow
Baby love is here and now there's...

(... then both shrug and resume kissing as the sisters smile and go 'aaaaawwwww!')

Sisters:
Two less lonely people in the world
And it's gonna be fine

(Sparks fly again and the heart shaped firework comes back as the kiss deepens.)

All:
Out of all the people in the world
I just can't believe your mine

(The two pull out of lip-lock and embrace, but continue smiling at each other and holding hands...)

All:
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right

(... then get jumped by twelve enthusiastic girls who give them all hugs. Laughters abounds on everyone's faces.)

All:
Now there's two less lonely people
Two less lonely people

(The Noukite twins from Part 4C come on screen and join in, along with Negako in tow who is a little more dignified, watching instead with a small smile on her face off to the side.)

All:
Two less lonely people in the world tonight

(Within the enclosure of bodies, Ranma and Ataru lock eyes and smile at each other widely.)

Sisters:
Two less lonely people in the world
And it's gonna be fine

(A flash goes off, and the camera pans to show Nabiki with a camera, smiling at the whole thing.)

All:
Out of all the people in the world
I just can't believe your mine

(Kasumi, Happosai, Tofu, Cologne, Chigaiko and her family, Reigi, Brother Darklight, and Tampopo race into the scene as the camera pans to take them all in range.)

All:
In my life where everything was wrong
Something finally went right

(One by one, they all disappear, popping out of existence leaving only Ranma and Ataru, who embrace as the camera closes up...)

All:
Now there's two less lonely people in the world tonight

(... and slowly, they kiss again, as Ataru lowers Ranma out of the camera slowly while everything fades to shadow. Then the edges of the blackness now consuming the screen and we go back to the JR station with the two gazing at each other.)

*

(The following is a continuation of the story from Fred Herriot's original, used as a musicless dramatic ending of the above songfic.)

You, too...?
Yeah, me too...
I lost mine to a war...
I lost mine to something like that...
But you've got others...
Not like yours...
They're my family...
I'd like a family like that...
Friends can be family...
I can't consider what friends I've got left as family...
You're afraid they'll be hurt because of you...
So're you with your friends back home...
Are they my friends...?
Even if you don't think so now, you still care for them...
So do you with the ones who love you...
I got no choice but to care. It goes beyond honour...
I understand that. Would you love them...?
I can't see myself doing that. Not now, perhaps not ever...
But they disagree with you...
What do you think...?
Life really sucks at times...
You damn hell got that right...
Want to be friends...?
I can use a friend right about now...
So can I...
Can you tolerate my curse...?
I'd call it a blessing...
It's not been much of a blessing to me...
Depends on how you take it in the long run...
I've come to understand that...
I'll try to help...
What about you? What happened...?
It's still too soon to talk about it...
Sorry to hear that. But you can't keep it inside you...
Neither can you...
I don't think I've gone through the same amount you have...
We'll have to see about that I guess...
I guess we will...
Friends...?
Friends...