Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Wing Warrior ❯ Wing Warrior ( One-Shot )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Nope. I don't own Gundam Wing. Nope, not writing it for money, either. Doin' it for love, just like the characters in this fic.

Wing Warrior

By Fujifunmum

The year is After Colony 195. The Colonies have accepted Romefeller and the Gundam Pilots are under Orders of Execution. By using Relena Peacecraft as their Representative, the Romefeller Foundation has formed the World Nation. In Space, those who oppose this colonial rule have become the White Fang organization. (Timeline, Episode 39)

She knew he wasn't there even before she fitted her key into the lock. She didn't know how she knew, she just did. Sure enough, she opened the door to her small, comfortable quarters to find them looking just as they always did. Her furniture, her few belongings, a few mementos, and that was all.

By Earth standards, her quarters were incredibly meager. But by Colony standards, they were ample. For a former soldier of OZ, she considered them downright generous. She had a two-story building next to her salvage yard. The entire first floor was a garage, a combination workshop and storage area for her equipment, with a small office at the front. Upstairs, the living quarters consisted of a large seating area with a kitchen and a small table and chairs along one wall. Behind the living area, a single bedroom and bathroom completed her quarters.

Leaving her beret in the entryway closet, she took the grocery bag into the kitchen and quickly put the few perishables away. She was about to start dinner when it struck her: one day soon she would come home to this same empty space and know that he would not be joining her. He would be back at work, back at war, reigning retribution down on his enemies.

The realization jolted her. She wasn't ready for him to leave. She didn't want him to leave ever, let alone soon.

She collapsed into a chair in the kitchen, catching herself as the unvarnished truth tore all breath from her body. She ran her fingers through her short hair, attempting to soothe her jangled nerves. He would be leaving. And it would be soon. She knew it in her heart, had always known it, but hadn't faced it.

At heart, she was a soldier, trained to understand the call of duty. They shared a soldier's code of duty, honor, service, and sacrifice. She had understood them completely for herself. Somehow it was different when it came to someone she loved, someone she was terrified of losing.

His call to duty was for extreme service. She had known that since the beginning. He had been ready to give his life for his beliefs at any time. That was still true. And the bigger battles were not behind him, she knew that. As a former soldier she understood that this war was far from over. He would face many battles, many foes and more complexity than his sixteen years had prepared him to face. There was no doubt of the danger and much doubt about his survival.

She gasped for air, trying to force herself to breathe, to face the unthinkable and go on. That was what soldiers did. That was what he did. That was what she willed herself to do. He wouldn't leave without getting word to her, not if he could help it, not unless it was an emergency. But his whole life was one big emergency.

Her eyes blurred with sudden tears. Then she calmed her feelings and focused. Her gaze rested on the kitchen floor and she smiled in recollection. Glancing across the table to the empty chair he had used. He'd turned up on her doorstep out of nowhere. At first she had thought it was a coincidence, that he'd needed spare parts for his other half and happened to be on her colony. She had let him in and fed him, listening to his endless chatter.

Finally, after she had cleared away the dishes she had kissed him, just to shut him up. She'd meant it to be something quick and friendly, but it had changed into something hot and needy when he pulled her down into his lap. They'd done it on the kitchen floor without even bothering to get completely undressed. Pretty sad for a romantic first love, but somehow it had been perfect for them. Sharing their neediness and fear as they shared their passion.

She looked around her small quarters with fresh eyes. Searching vainly for something of his, some mark that he had been here, some small piece of himself that he'd deposited in her space. There was nothing. As her eyes returned to the kitchen floor, she smiled again, more ruefully this time, and cast her loving gaze over her home again. There wasn't a single hard surface of the room that hadn't been "used" by them in some fashion over the last week. Walls, floor, furniture, everything except for the ceiling and the windows had been leaned on, pushed against, or laid on, under or around as they'd attempted to quench their passion.

And laughter. Her rooms echoed with it. With him there was always laughter. His gift was one of laughter, fun and a lot of love. And at least one picture. He hated photographs, felt they could interfere with his mission, but he allowed her to take one of them together for herself. At the last minute, before the camera function clicked, she had thrown her arms around him. She loved that picture. It was framed and sat next to their bed.

She was feeling better now. She was glad he hadn't been home when the awful truth she had been denying finally dawned on her. It was a measure of her love for him that she had been able to imagine they were a "normal couple" for even a few days. She had never asked him for his feelings, for commitment, for any words or promises. For them, tomorrow would be a luxury. They had to live in the moment or not at all. And for them, that moment had been filled with work, love and passion, not necessarily in that order. His Gundam came first, but once it had been both hidden and repaired to his satisfaction, his attention had centered on her, on them. He helped her with her salvage business, helped her at home, and held her whenever she allowed it, which was every chance she could get.

It finally occurred to her that the parts he needed for the Gundam's repair were mostly not something she would ordinarily have at the salvage yard; nor would she have the ammunition he needed. His needs were specialized, not general. He had come to her intentionally. As usual, despite his many words, his actions betrayed his feelings, not his speech. She was touched, flattered and very taken with the handsome young man who had impressed her with his abilities in many areas the first time they had met.

Now she giggled. She had tried to kill him the first time they had met. They had been soldiers on opposite sides. Maybe that's why he had been so taken with her. Maybe Gundam pilots were only attracted to women who tried to kill them. No matter. He had been the one to change her mind, the one who had convinced her to abandon Oz and come here to start a new life and a new business.

Their acquaintance had been brief, but their bond had been real. This last week was the proof, if she needed it.

The warmth of her feelings washed over her, restoring her equilibrium and making her realize that it was getting late. He should be home soon. Back from checking on his other half, no doubt. A Gundam was a stubborn mistress -- she was not.

She got up to make dinner, but decided that an appetizer was in order. She briefly arrayed the ingredients for a quick dinner. They could be hastily prepared later. For now, she had a taste for hot water. She retreated to the front door of her small quarters, leaving her jacket on the floor just a small space away from where her shoes were, hoping he would notice it while he was removing his own shoes at the doorway.

Next she dropped trou in the middle of the living space. If that didn't get his attention, nothing would. Finally, she left her shirt in the bedroom doorway. It was a none-too-subtle trail for her none-too-subtle soldier to follow. Subtlety was totally lost on him. Briefly, she wondered if that would remain true when he matured. Correction. If he matured. She gulped down that depressing thought, willing herself to live only in the present. Surveying her work, she figured even he would get this message.

Moving into the bedroom, she left her bra and underwear between the bedroom door and the bathroom door. Then she ran a hot relaxing bath in the one real luxury in her quarters, a generous soaking tub. If he didn't get home in time to join her, at least she'd be clean, relaxed and maybe just a little more of a woman than a soldier tonight.

She relaxed in the warm water, letting herself drift in the scented fragrance and warm steam. It was a rare indulgence, one she wanted to share. Slowly, the water cooled and her skin started to pucker, she sighed and straightened up as she decided that this opportunity lost would only lead to another one later. As she braced herself and stood in the tub, her awareness registered his presence. She raised her eyes to the doorway and found two deep glittering pools of deep violet blue taking in her naked form. He smiled that crooked smile she knew so well, crossed his arms loosely over his chest and leaned against the door, crossing his legs at the ankle.

"And here I thought someone broke in and was trying to steal your clothes. Looks like they left the best for me." He watched the tiny rivulets of water sliding down her slender curves, reminding him of all the best places to put his hands and other body parts. "Now why'd you want to get warm and clean in there instead of hot and sweaty with me out here first?"

She smiled brightly in welcome and said in that wonderful husky voice he loved, "I was hoping for both, but the water's cooled off now."

Gundam pilots were known for their quickness, and he was no exception. He stripped and was standing in the tub next to her in a flash, leaning around her to add more hot water. He plopped down, bringing her with him by grabbing her under the knees and catching her as she fell.

She yipped as she tumbled, falling into place next to him and saying, "That was nearly a completed mission there, fly boy. Want to try it again for a bull's eye?"

"No way. You're close enough right here." He arranged them so she was facing him, knees on either side of his chest. He brought her closer, using both hands underneath her to slide into her and settle her on his lap. Meanwhile, the water inched dangerously close to the top of the tub.

"Warm enough yet, babe?" He inquired, as he reached to turn off the water.

"Yes, but if we move we're going to have a flood downstairs!"

He looked at the water level, back to her, down to the floor and scratched his head. "Yeah, could be a problem." He scowled a bit as he looked over the situation, then his face lit up as he kicked out one foot and opened the drain with his toes. "That should solve things." He smiled at her like a puppy that had just brought her a very nice bone and deserved a very big reward.

She laughed, placing her arms around his neck and rubbing her check against his. He found better places for his hands, bringing them up her back and around her to fondle her breasts. She squeezed her knees against him, and gave him an all-over hug in return. He started to raise her a bit when she stopped him by eyeing the water level again.

"I guess it's down far enough. No floods." She cautioned, frowning, "Too expensive."

"No being practical, babe. Let me take your mind off that stuff." And he raised her a little more, letting her go and thrusting into her when gravity and the water eased her back down against him. He set a gentle, steady rhythm that increased naturally. As the water level dropped in the tub, the force of gravity settled her faster without the countering factor of the buoyancy of the water.

By the time the water level had reached their waists, all thoughts of the flood or anything but their own pleasure was obliterated. She was bracing herself with her arms on the sides of the tub to increase the delicious friction they were creating, and he was thrusting harder in response. His hands continued to raise her up and bring her back towards him, controlling the leverage and increasing her impatience to go faster. She surprised him when she broke their rhythm to go to her knees over him, taking control of the pace and increasing that friction in just the right place.

"In a hurry, babe? Got an itch?"

"Just be glad you're the one I want to scratch it, fly boy!"

He started to laugh at her, but just then she changed the angle of her movement slightly, directing all of his attention to his own needs. His hands reached between them to help her along in relieving that itch, finding their destination just as she increased her pace even more and began to moan in response to his "help". She was just as suddenly thrown into ecstasy, bringing him along behind her as all of her muscles clasped him tightly to her.

They sat, intertwined in an empty tub, listening to the thundering of their hearts and the gurgling of the last of the water running down the drain. He refilled his collapsed lungs and gently stroked up and down the sides of her back. He couldn't tell whether she was shivering from his touch or the cold. Either way, she snuggled tight against him, holding on as if he'd already given her the bad news.

She looked up and asked, "What is it?"

He pushed down his last revealing thought and smiled down into her questioning eyes. "I'm hungry. Don't I get some dinner? See? I washed my hands." He held up his hands, letting her see both sides.

She laughed. It was his favorite sound. He rewarded her by standing and lifting her out of the tub with him. He reached for both of their robes, bundling her into hers and then shrugging into his own. She quickly towel-dried her short hair, leaving him grumbling about his own tangled braid.

"I'll fix dinner while you get your act together," adding under her breath, "…just don't take it back out to space too soon."

She had their simple fare nuked and served by the time he joined her in the kitchen, wolfing down everything in sight, just like always. She laughed at him, just like always, until he reached over and scooted her chair right next to his so they could finish their meal with their knees, elbows and even their heads touching.

"I got something special for dessert."

"You mean besides the same old usual?" He pinched her bottom for emphasis, grinning broadly at her when she squirmed out of his touch and the chair to go to the kitchen counter.

"No, don't be an idiot." She came back to the chair with a covered dish and a small covered bowl she had just nuked. She slid onto the chair and kissed him on the check before whispering in his ear, "You can have both the 'same old usual' and this. Now close your eyes and open your mouth."

He closed his eyes, but not talking was really not part of his skill set. "You don't need to feed me, babe. I can do a really good job all by myself…humpfh" She had used the opportunity to stuff a piece of something in his mouth. It was sweet and luscious and just a little bit tart under the surface. His eyes flew open as he realized it was a hot chocolate taste over something else. Something he could barely identify. His eyes fell on the dish filled with ripe red strawberries.

"Where did you get those? I've only had them once before, they're really hard to find."

"Not if you've got a friend who's into hydroponics. Did you like it?"

"Yeah, babe. Tastes almost as good as you do." He quickly kissed her, snatching up a couple of strawberries and stuffing them into his mouth before she could stop him.

"And what kind of chocolate is that? Tastes different than the stuff I usually get."

"It's dark chocolate. It's my favorite. Want some more?" She gently dipped a perfect plump red strawberry into the warm dark brown chocolate, letting it drip and harden into a curlicue point. Then she offered it to him, bringing it tauntingly close to his mouth and then pulling it away again.

His only answer was to kiss her again, and then to quickly bite it out of her fingers before she could snatch it back.

"Hey, no fair!"

"My turn. Close your eyes and open your mouth. Let me feed one to you."

She did as he asked, waiting patiently for a taste of this very rare treat. Instead, he kissed her again and she sneaked a glance at him just in time to catch him popping another one into his mouth.

"OK, fly boy, that's it. This table is now off limits to those greedy palms. You only get what I decide to give you." She looked over the dish and the bowl, now plundered of most of their contents. He was like a kid in a candy store. "Looks like you've already had your fair share. You'll just have to watch me eat the rest of them." With that, she carefully picked up another plump berry, carefully dipped it in the chocolate and popped it into her own mouth, largely ignoring the widened begging eyes sitting next to her. When she reached for another one, she felt hands slipping under her robe.

"So, if I can't put my hands anywhere on the table, I'll just have to find someplace else to put them."

She gasped and nearly choked on the strawberry she had just put into her mouth.

"See, you really should learn how to share. I think we should combine both our desserts."

He had her robe untied now, and leaned over to blow the fabric off her, brushing his lips teasingly against her breast. One of his hands was turning her chair to face him as the other crept enticingly up her bare thigh.

"Doesn't that sound like a good deal? Strawberries for me, and I think I can come up with something you'd like." He said, just as his hand found its goal between her legs. She moved the dishes closer to them, so she could reach them easier. She was having a hard time keeping her eyes open and could barely maneuver the strawberry into the chocolate with his hand in her lap and his mouth on her breast convincing her that whatever he wanted was what she wanted, too.

He looked up in time to see the chocolate dripping off the strawberry onto the table as her hand was poised in space and her eyes had totally glazed over. He laughed, took the strawberry out of her hand with his teeth and continued stroking her in exactly the right place, moving his other hand to the back of her neck. He brought her mouth to his and tried to offer her half the strawberry, but her eyes were closed and her mouth was too busy moaning to even notice. He just finished the strawberry and laughed at her again, going back to sucking on her firm delicious breast. He wasn't really sure which tasted better, her breast or the strawberry. He certainly got more reaction out of her as she suddenly threw back her head and heaved a violent exhaling sigh, clasping her thighs over his hand to still it.

He pulled her limp form onto his lap and held her until she regained her thought processes, kissing her and finishing up the rest of the berries.

She nuzzled against him and hugged him tightly. "We can't even get through a meal without sex. What am I going to do when you have to leave?" She whispered in his ear.

"Miss me?"

She looked him directly in the eyes, seeing right through to his soul and seeing the answer to her question. But there was unfinished business to take care of tonight, before she had to get started on missing him. She got off his lap and started leading him into the bedroom. "Come on. You've had your dessert. It's my turn now."

"OK, but hey, I'm bringing the chocolate! See, I told you you'd like sharing. You should try it more often. When I'm gone you'll wish you had me to share things with, ya know. And I'm willing to share this chocolate with you. I can think of a couple of very nice interesting places to share it with you, without hardly thinking about it."

She paused, just before entering the bedroom, turning to look at his beautiful smiling face. "Tomorrow, huh?"

A glimmer of darkness flitted over his features. "Yeah, early." But then he gave her his best bright smirk as he added, "But we've got tonight, babe. All night."

She awoke before dawn, knowing with certainty what she would find. Or to be more accurate, knowing whom she wouldn't find. Her eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the darkened room. The other side of the bed was cold, cold and empty. She turned over, leaning into the depression he had left, inhaling deeply of his scent, and vowing to keep these sheets on her bed until she could wrap herself in his arms again. Her eyes fell on the picture frame. It no longer framed a picture, instead there was a small vid chip pasted in the center.

Her long slender fingers reached out to it, peeling it away from the glass and clasping it tenderly in her hand. She was torn. She didn't want to leave the last of his scent to the undeserving bedroom, but the chip piqued her curiosity. Reluctantly she compromised by wrapping herself in the top sheet of their bed, now her bed, and stumbling off to her vid screen.

Switching on the vid screen, she inserted the chip and activated it. Silently, she wept as she played it over and over. There was no visual, just the sweet and loving voice of the pilot she was missing.

"I love you, Hilde."

Author's Note: Many thanks to my wonderful beta reader, AutumnFire for her help with this little one-shot.

04/25/03